AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2009-09-09, 22:06   Link #341
guanin
Jiii~

Sorry about that, I thought it was fine since they were already discussing the manga... Anyways, the next episode of the anime is going to be released in November right? Damn, why don't they just make this into a full series already... Lol.
guanin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-10, 04:29   Link #342
scrumly1

Cause what would be left after they cut it for TV wouldn't be worth watching.
scrumly1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-10, 22:04   Link #343
guanin
Jiii~

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrumly1 View Post
Cause what would be left after they cut it for TV wouldn't be worth watching.
Lol, you're right. This anime is almost pr0n.
Old 2009-09-11, 13:20   Link #344
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

So much more freedom and budget for OVAs....
Old 2009-09-11, 17:48   Link #345
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
So much more freedom and budget for OVAs....
Still, you'd think they'd put out an episode per month, or two every other month, or whatever. You know, in a way that isn't insane?
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-11, 19:43   Link #346
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Still, you'd think they'd put out an episode per month, or two every other month, or whatever. You know, in a way that isn't insane?
Well, it's not as if it's just random; it's being released at the same time as the collected manga volumes, so it's at a time when Japanese fans were already planning on buying the book anyway. This way they just get the choice between "book" and "book + DVD". So although I see what you're saying about the wait being frustrating, the way they're doing also does make some sense if you were thinking about it from a Japanese buyer's perspective. For the tanks to release faster, they'd have to move the manga to a weekly magazine or something, so that probably won't happen.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-11, 19:50   Link #347
GDB

Who says they have to release the episodes at the same time as the volumes? They could do that for months where volumes would be released, but for the other five months of the year they can easily do an episode released in normal fashion.

It's not like it'd catch up to the manga, not at a 1:1 or 2:2 rate anyway. It's not like other companies don't release monthly DVDs with even more... erotic animation.
Old 2009-09-11, 21:19   Link #348
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

Quote:
Who says they have to release the episodes at the same time as the volumes? They could do that for months where volumes would be released, but for the other five months of the year they can easily do an episode released in normal fashion.
The guys who paid for the anime do...that's who! Haha

1) By and Large...they are ** and *****.
2) What kind of girls do Anime Otaku males want? ..................... Female.
3) The odds are good, that the goods are odd.
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-11, 21:33   Link #349
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forbin View Post
The guys who paid for the anime do...that's who! Haha
...Touché, salesman.
Old 2009-09-12, 17:17   Link #350
guanin
Jiii~

Quote:

It's not like it'd catch up to the manga, not at a 1:1 or 2:2 rate anyway. It's not like other companies don't release monthly DVDs with even more... erotic animation.
And what anime are you talking about?
Old 2009-09-12, 19:40   Link #351
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Well, of course your "who says they have to do it this way" question has no answer. They could very easily have done it some other way, but they just didn't. Instead of packaging it as a standalone anime project, they're using it to boost manga sales (and in the process having a much higher sell-through rate than your average anime DVD, but at a much lower price). It's a sales strategy you see when the anime is being financed directly by the manga publishers. They're not necessarily in the business of selling DVDs; they're in the business of selling books. And that's why, from their perspective, this isn't insane at all. The DVDs sell more books.

I mean really, if you're going to ask this question, you might as well ask why they don't move the manga to a weekly publication so that it gets released faster, which would cause the tanks and anime to be released faster. I mean, they probably could do that too... but, as of right now, they're not. It's just running on the manga's schedule (and this manga's overall release cycle is rather slow).
Old 2009-09-12, 23:43   Link #352
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
...Instead of packaging it as a standalone anime project, they're using it to boost manga sales....
There are several examples of this kind of thing coming this fall: Aki-Sora (a manga even more explicit than kxs), Denpateki na Kanojo (which is being used to sell a volume of the Kure-nai manga), Negima, Shoujo Fight, To LoveRu, and Zan Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei.

I guess it must work.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-10, 17:02   Link #353
IronWarrior
KenshiWarrior

Only 10 days to go to the next episode if nothing happens, looking forward to this.

Kiss X Sis is one of my favorites, am hoping he goes out with both of them.
IronWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-10, 19:27   Link #354
velvet nightmare

you should read ahead in the manga, there's some good stuff in there
velvet nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-12, 22:05   Link #355
relentlessflame

*Administrator

By the way, MoonPhase has a rumour of a TV anime based on what looks like an official promo piece related to next Monday's release of Volume 5 of the manga (and the third OAD). It's also posted on the AnimeNation blog. I think it looks pretty authentic, but we should know for sure next Monday.
Old 2009-11-12, 22:14   Link #356
GDB

I sure hope so. This twice a year crap is ridiculous. Hopefully it won't get butchered (beyond standard "steam" censoring).
Old 2009-11-13, 04:25   Link #357
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Well i for one will be keeping my fingers crossed that it'll be a TV series announcement.
Old 2009-11-13, 10:11   Link #358
Peanutbutter

I welcome the recent TV anime announcement, although recent manga chapters hasn't really impressed me.
Peanutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-13, 11:13   Link #359
IronWarrior
KenshiWarrior

OOO, I love if there is really going to be a TV show, will looking foward to that.
IronWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-14, 19:45   Link #360
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Cant wait tell it comes out in the spring
Master_Yoma is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, ecchi, romance, school life, seinen