3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.37%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.37%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 0.74%
Voters: 271. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2006-04-08, 22:54   Link #161
ShadowrazoR
Unlimited Bishoujo Works

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maids! Maids! Maids!
I bet Rin would like a few minutes alone with her right about now.
probably with a boxcutter on loan from kaede from shuffle.
ShadowrazoR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-08, 23:05   Link #162
Cyz
"Show it to me"

archer gave his all when fighting berserker. so archer's noble phantasm is how he imagine things? i guess he did care for shirou hmm?
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Cyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-08, 23:16   Link #163
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
I bet Rin would like a few minutes alone with her right about now.
i know i would
Old 2006-04-08, 23:20   Link #164
idofgrahf

Send a message via MSN to idofgrahf
too bad now some won't know who archer truley was. they should have revealed his identiy before doing him off

Lacan/Grahf
idofgrahf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-08, 23:47   Link #165
Conri

No, I like the more subtle way they did it... while at first I was frustrated that it wasn't blatantly revealed...now that I've gone and spoiled myself, I think it's perfect. If it had been said outright, I think it would have come off as cheesy and unbelievable. I'm very glad I waited to spoil myself on this one, because now I get to rewatch it from a completely different perspective.

Oh, and nerf Berserkers, plz.
Conri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-09, 00:05   Link #166
F!reStr!fe
Unlimited Blade Works...

Send a message via AIM to F!reStr!fe
I just watched this Ep and i gotta say thats a definite awesome 10 I mean we finally get to see the famed Unlimited Blade Works. One of the most bad ass Noble Phantasms next to Saber's powerful Excalibur. The whole fight with Archer and Berserker was pretty incredible, Archers tactics and style was fairly great.
Also once Archer began his incantation I was almost going to blow up from the anxiety of seeing UBW. However It should be fairly obvious of the identity of Archer as it was hinted many times over through the whole series so far. Also Archer's flashbacks and pendant should put it to rest.

My Current Animes: Welcome to the NHK, Higurashi no Naku Koro ni, Coyote Ragtime Show, Bokura Ga Ita, .hack//roots
F!reStr!fe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-09, 01:00   Link #167
OshadowO

chii thanks night hawk, now if they decide to reveal that little tidbit at a later point in the show I won't be surprised by the twist :\
Anyway I hate shirou even more now. I don't care who he becomes but the guy needs to seriously redeem himself and very soon. Dang it the only decent male character in the show and now he's no more...BLARGGHHH...I hope Saber kicks serious Herculean butt, and maybe whups shiro a couple of times too :\

And Illiya needs a serious bitch slapping too.
OshadowO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-09, 01:17   Link #168
Maids! Maids! Maids!
Tsuruya Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by k1bell
true, the VA did a very good job.
Agreed. I feared that it might come off as hokey, as the incantation itself is a bit hokey. (This isn't helped by the double phallic imagery in the first line.) In any case, I was watching the raw, and although I don't understand Japanese, I was following what was going on fairly well. Suddenly Archer breaks into perfectly understandable English, and I found the effect very dramatic. The voice actor's delivery just worked. I think both the use of language and the fact that the incantation was delivered over a period of time, as opposed to all at once, added to the drama. By the time we got to UBW-land, I really thought something special was taking place. It was a great scene.
Maids! Maids! Maids! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-09, 02:11   Link #169
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

This was a very difficult decision to make on my end.

One, I did play the game, so yes I do know who Archer was from the beginning. However, I tried my best to purge as many stupid spoilers revealing his identity earlier on - especially as the anime episode progressed. I've decided to hard delete any comments that might be too hinting of Archer's true identity.

However, after this episode, I may have to speculate the highly likelihood that the path taken in the anime that Archer's identity will not be explicitly "told" other than the hints that were laid out by the production staff in this episode.

On the other hand....

More so problematic is that such a game as popular as "Fate/stay night," there are bound to be those who have played the game, and those who have not. I would really like to wish for those who have played the game to remember when they first played/read the story, and the interest and shock value that you received when you didn't know anything. However, a person who has played through the game will see the hints as obvious - but were you aware of the hints that was in the game when you played it? No. You learned the significance of those hints when you found out, which lead to the shock and interest value of Archer's identity.

Unfortunately, some might perceive that the identity of Archer may have been leaked out too early. I agree. However, the damage has been done and I will have to assume that the production staff inserted the hints in this episode to instigate ponder to whome Archer's true identity is. Since someone spoiled it, it reduced the fun.

So to my best judgment - I will have to say that Archer's true identity has been revealed albeit indirectly - however it wasn't explicitly stated, the posts will be deleted. Please foward any posts that you deem to be spoilers.

As a compromise, I did write who Archer's true identity in the top post in the Speculation for identities of Servants and their Masters thread, BUT I STRONGLY URGE YOU TO DISCUSS AND SPECULATE WHO ARCHER'S IDENTITY IS BY LOOKING AT THE HINTS IN THIS EPISODE BEFORE YOU DO as it will reduce the fun, intrigue, and the mystery behind the awesome-ness of Archer.
kj1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-09, 02:12   Link #170
Knight Hawk
Lurker

Quote:
I'd ask you to reconsider. A lot of people weren't thinking about Archer's secret identity while watching the episode. They were focused on Archer himself. Archer is an incredibly popular male character and the battle was pretty rivetting. There was a lot of stuff going on to distract people. Yes, the clues were sometimes less than subtle, but a lot of people weren't looking for clues. They were too involved with everything else going on.
Don't get me wrong, i do understand Sorrow-K feeling about the matter but also i can't agree with them. Too many hints giving the solid answer to his identity, his flash backs for example; showing Shirou's past experiences, the jewel on the ground that Rin gave to Shirou. With a few people asking who he was, i felt that it had to be told.

My apology if i did ruin the fun for the most of you. I'll edit my post accordingly since i wish not to argue about this any further then it needs to.
Old 2006-04-09, 02:25   Link #171
Fishbait

I have to agree with a previous poster on the identifying Archer.

Watching the episodes on a weekly basis is pretty tough. If I had gone through the 14 eps in one or two sittings, I would have figured out on my own EASILY.

However, as a college studnet, ALOT of things happen in 7 days for me. Clues and hints and whatnot are simply not the things I remember.

Anyways, with all those said...I was not spoiled lol...at least not in the sense that I was unwillingly spoiled. I saw some posts about "zomg find out his identity and you'll appreciate the episode more" so I simply went to the Speculation thread and found out.

If I dont read this forum at all, I never would have cared about his identity...lol, like I said, with so much real life going on between episodes, you tend to follow the general stuff more than the subtle and small details.

Cheers
Fishbait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-09, 02:35   Link #172
moshun

they shoulda named him Blades or something...Archer used his bow like once...
moshun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-09, 02:38   Link #173
Conri

But Archer sounds cooler!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishbait
Watching the episodes on a weekly basis is pretty tough.
Sometimes I can barely remember what happened last week, let alone all the weeks before it. It doesn't help that there are over 50 new anime starting this spring as well as that pesky real life that gets in the way.

kj1980: thank you for your in-depth reply.

Knight Hawk: Thank you for changing your post. There is still almost half the season left, and not even the game players know exactly where the animators plan to take this...

RedFrame: Hah, thank you. I completely forgot about that button.
Conri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-09, 04:01   Link #174
Tekkaman Zero
Ilya-chan's Onii-san

Send a message via MSN to Tekkaman Zero
Quote:
Originally Posted by moshun
they shoulda named him Blades or something...Archer used his bow like once...
with Archer once is enough
Tekkaman Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-09, 04:02   Link #175
RedFrame
A talking white tiger :O
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Yahoo to RedFrame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conri

RedFrame: Hah, thank you. I completely forgot about that button.
Just reminding peoople about the report buton and my post get delete .Now thats cool

Back to topic....
Anyway ep 14 makes me cry "sniff"snniff" and a bit horror plus cruelty ...
Just look at the floor that archer become splat and crush by berserker weapon.
Spoiler:

Imagine that youre the one become splat........ *gigles*

@kj1980@Dont worry, im fine with it

RedFrame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-09, 04:05   Link #176
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedFrame
Just reminding peoople about the report buton and my post get delete .Now thats cool
I apologize. I had to remove those posts to avoid something that might evolve into something else... Please don't take it as negative towards you.
kj1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-09, 04:20   Link #177
Tekkaman Zero
Ilya-chan's Onii-san

Send a message via MSN to Tekkaman Zero
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedFrame

Back to topic....
Anyway ep 14 makes me cry "sniff"snniff" and a bit horror plus cruelty ...
Just look at the floor that archer become splat and crush by berserker weapon.
Spoiler:

Imagine that youre the one become splat........ *gigles*

@kj1980@Dont worry, im fine with it
Spoiler:
Tekkaman Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-09, 05:05   Link #178
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

First Rider .. Then Archer... I've lost 2 in the same day Im inconsolable ...

For those who dont know, I just finally watch ep 10 - 14 in one sitting
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-09, 05:08   Link #179
ludacris10
Malay Anime Otaku!

What's with the gem thingy???
ludacris10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-09, 05:11   Link #180
Ichy
It`s a miracle!

Location: This is the Kind of Woman I want to play Games with. And by playing Games I mean.... ^____^
Just watched this Episode... To bad that Archer died... He and Assasin are the only cool mala Charakters in the show.
But at least, he did well, for lasting so long against Berserker. And this unlimited Blade Works thing was amazing Too bad that we will not see more of this

*likes Ilya anyway*