AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Sword Art Online

Notices

Old 2012-08-02, 12:36   Link #1701
Javiersansano

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Ping View Post
Check the main page of Baka Tsuki, folks.
It's clearly wrong for people to copy what translators like you spend hours and hours to complete, and sell it. I hope that your warning will be listened, and that the translation of volume 10 doesn't get nuked (I liked your use of the word).

And just out of curiosity... how the heck did you discover that people was selling printings of baka-tsuki translations of SAO?
Javiersansano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-02, 12:37   Link #1702
XxSleepyxX
Learner

Great... Sao's getting nuked. The second great catastrophe being Shana geting licensed. Removed. Than delicensed :/.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
why are people buying stuff available for free?
Cause a lot of people don't know how to use the interwebs? A lot of people pay for fansubs and don't even know about fansubs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javiersansano View Post
It's clearly wrong for people to copy what translators like you spend hours and hours to complete, and sell it. I hope that your warning will be listened, and that the translation of volume 10 doesn't get nuked (I liked your use of the word).

And just out of curiosity... how the heck did you discover that people was selling printings of baka-tsuki translations of SAO?

Its not hard. You can probably find people selling pirated copies of fansubbed anime. <= Mainly done in china btw.
Old 2012-08-02, 12:37   Link #1703
Javiersansano

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
why are people buying stuff available for free?
probably because they simply have no ideas that it is available for free.
Javiersansano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-02, 12:43   Link #1704
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Quote:

Let's just say that the alternate forums has been complaining to us about how some people are blatantly selling stuff on other forums while the mods aren't doing anything about it. It's on our facebook page, btw. I just thought I needed to flex a little muscle here...
Hell_ping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-02, 12:46   Link #1705
Saf4

So just because of some guy from my country, volume 9 was removed from baka-tsuki?
Can we even still hope for volume 10 to be translated?
Oh god, why not just kill that person who tend to sell free stuff that available on internet...

Quote:
He must have much free time to check every forum on internet. I'm from indonesia, and I'm a member in indowebster. But I didn't even know about that stuff, until I visited the SAO LN thread. And saw tehping posts.

Last edited by Saf4; 2012-08-02 at 13:12.
Saf4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-02, 12:52   Link #1706
Deltaray

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUH3JQjcweM
Deltaray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-02, 12:53   Link #1707
Netto Azure
→ Wandering Bard

Huh. So wait, the whole fandom suffers because of this?

My stomach just literally churns and my heart feels quite heavy.

PokeCommuninity | Bulbagarden | Tumblr | MAL
Netto Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-02, 12:55   Link #1708
Sekiryuutei

I'd like to apologize on the behalf of my fellow country man.. I know it's not much but I felt really ashamed when I heard the news.. Even when you consider that the use of internet wasn't widespread in Indonesia
Sekiryuutei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-02, 13:05   Link #1709
Rennir
Quietly Lurking
*Graphic Designer

Couldn't find the announcement on BT, but if you guys haven't contacted the authorities/stopped the people who are selling the English translations, wouldn't taking down volumes 9 and 10 online just increase their sales?
Old 2012-08-02, 13:07   Link #1710
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Oh, I just personally went down to their forums to demand that they take them down, though with some language barriers...
Old 2012-08-02, 13:10   Link #1711
XxSleepyxX
Learner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rennir View Post
Couldn't find the announcement on BT, but if you guys haven't contacted the authorities/stopped the people who are selling the English translations, wouldn't taking down volumes 9 and 10 online just increase their sales?
In actuality translating light novels isn't all that legal in the first place. Only the publishers have the right to DMCA. The only problem is whoever selling this is going to cause a problem for B-T. Publishers are going to start to think that B-T is selling translated versions of their novels and they might sue.
Old 2012-08-02, 13:11   Link #1712
styr

Except that B-T takes down a series when it gets licensed... (I believe it does)
styr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-02, 13:16   Link #1713
kivredia

Well, sad to hear its gone but understandable. Guess we can put SOA LNs on "hiatus".

Couldn't finde the moon channel facebook page, anyone has a link?
kivredia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-02, 13:17   Link #1714
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

...Inb4 death threats again...
Old 2012-08-02, 13:19   Link #1715
Sekiryuutei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Ping View Post
Oh, I just personally went down to their forums to demand that they take them down, though with some language barriers...
That was cool
and please spare DxD from your wrath
Sekiryuutei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-02, 13:29   Link #1716
Rennir
Quietly Lurking
*Graphic Designer

Cached version is still up...for now
Old 2012-08-02, 13:41   Link #1717
Utsuro no Hako

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rennir View Post
Well it's not like the ebook files are going to disappear from torrents -- you can still find the BT versions of Haruhi Suzumiya out there, and that got taken down years ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by styr View Post
Except that B-T takes down a series when it gets licensed... (I believe it does)
Publishers can still go after them for unlicensed books. I know Square Enix made MangaFox remove a bunch of titles that have no official English version. About the worst thing that could happen to BT is for Dengeki Bunko to notice what they're doing and send them a DMCA. Even if they don't seek financial damages, that would leave maybe three novels on BT.
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-02, 13:47   Link #1718
Deathrip

Nooooooooooooo T___________T.

Please don't say Volume 10 won't be translated because of this :s?
Deathrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-02, 14:28   Link #1719
deathbringer

looks like the situation has been resolved
http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/in...:Miscellaneous
but volume 9 is going remain deleted. Not like we not be able to read volume 9 again. There are plenty of pdf versions online and according to Ping serves as a warning.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathrip View Post
Nooooooooooooo T___________T.

Please don't say Volume 10 won't be translated because of this :s?
Of course volume 10 will still be translated but just not by Teh ping and honestly I don't blame him given how some in the fandom have treated him
Given how popular the light novel, is I still expect it will be translated eventually but it won't be translated at Teh Ping's god like speed and that a bits disappointing but it is fine. Translators are doing this for free and they can work on whatever project they want at the pace they want.

To Teh Ping Thanks for translating this series and I hope you can move on another series where your work can appreciated without this much rage when you do something they don't like.
deathbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-02, 14:34   Link #1720
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

ah well, i need to brush up on my Chinese anyway.

*goes to read vol10 in Chinese.

Tags
action, harem, kirito, non-harem, possible harem, romance, shounen, tragedy, virtual reality