AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2007-10-28, 04:54   Link #41
-Wraith-

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningZERO View Post
If a Gundam live action is done right, it will be very awesome!
yeah.. imagine Gundam Fantasy VII - Advent Gundam
-Wraith- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-10, 05:15   Link #42
ragnos007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Dagger View Post
Live version of gundam birngs me horrible images of power rangers flying in space...
I agree - that is kinda scary.....awww GOD NOOOOOOOOO!!!! bad acting NOOOOO!!!
ragnos007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-10, 05:22   Link #43
Eidolon Sniper
Tsubasa No Kami
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Eidolon Sniper
Yeah and dioramas of cities where they could fight in. I see Ultraman!

Ethereal Exiled Queen. NATCH~~~!!!
Eidolon Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-10, 06:13   Link #44
[UKE]Auel
The Oncoming Storm

Send a message via AIM to [UKE]Auel Send a message via MSN to [UKE]Auel
That's crazy that the night I take a peek back here, there's a thread with me in it on the first page. lol thread necro

But ugh, I don't think a live-action Gundam movie can ever be done right, unless there was a SERIOUS amount of money pumped into it and if it was penned by Jesus Christ himself.
[UKE]Auel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-10, 06:58   Link #45
ragnos007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan the Man View Post
Hoo, boy... Well, in a nutshell,

Spoiler:

It is, without a doubt, the most boring movie I have ever seen. Excluding the opening scene with an aquatic MS, and the final battle in the last 15 minutes of the movie, the only MS you see is something that looks like a Dom scooting around in the background for half a second.

The characters are horribly boring, the story is more ridiculous than G Gundam's, and while the MS are well animated, the cockpits look like something from the One Year War, which was over 150 years before the movie. The suits also move so slowly, they could proably be outmaneuvered by the original Gundam, or even the Char Zaku II, in my honest opinion.

So, in conclusion, if you absolutely have to see EVERYTHING in the Gundam library, borrow it from a library or something. There isn't a video store in the world with this turd on it's shelves, and if you actually buy it, like I did when it first came out, you might feel some suicidal tendencies from the horrible waste of your money. You have been warned.
LOL that was great - your spoiler that is. "Everyone watching dies a little inside" that was funny i am gonna rep you just for that.
ragnos007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-10, 12:40   Link #46
kaito-kid
As I make you stop, think

Quote:
Originally Posted by [UKE]Auel View Post
But ugh, I don't think a live-action Gundam movie can ever be done right, unless there was a SERIOUS amount of money pumped into it and if it was penned by Jesus Christ himself.
Nah he sucks, I think Michael bay could pull it off ...All you need is someone who knows how to blow things up and a BIG-ASSSSS budget. J/K
Old 2007-12-10, 14:48   Link #47
Papaya
Sup

Send a message via AIM to Papaya Send a message via MSN to Papaya
Michael Bay could pull it off, but it'd probably be a bad movie =P. If this comes to fruition, it needs to remain a trilogy of movies, not a single one. The OYW really can't be condensed into two hours without missing a whole ton of crap.

So, casting for Amuro and Char...???
I'd want them to at least try to get the ethnicities right, not like in Dragon Ball Z, where they have Caucasians cast as Saiyans (yeah, and Goku was supposed to not have realized that his Chinese grandpa wasn't his real grandpa? :O).
Papaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-11, 00:04   Link #48
Cherudim Arche

I don't think even Michael Bay can pull it off. Gundams are more complicated in every single way more than tranformers. If it follows similiar to CG approach, lets hope the graphics pixels are good such as Advent of Children.

Another thing is they need extremely well talented artist designing gundams before to pull this feat off.
Cherudim Arche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-11, 00:23   Link #49
Papaya
Sup

How are they more difficult than Transformers?

Design I think would basically be kept the same as the series... I doubt fans would want complete redesigns of the mobile suits.
Old 2007-12-11, 00:33   Link #50
Eidolon Sniper
Tsubasa No Kami
*Artist

Well, Michael Bay REDESIGNED the entire Transformers gang....

Old 2007-12-11, 00:33   Link #51
Cherudim Arche

Have you ever seen transformers before. No matter the design, it is ususally very simple how they design the body to the vechicle. To gundams, they have to based it off of the design and series, which is all over the place depending on which one. Even for the basic design, they either have to rely on CG replacement used in transformers.

Gundams are a difficult because of the design they are derive from. Transformers, even the hardest faces are nothing to gundams in terms of facially with the depth put in.
Old 2007-12-11, 00:38   Link #52
Eidolon Sniper
Tsubasa No Kami
*Artist

Megatron wasn't the same in the movie. And I didn't like how they made Starscream turn into mono Starscream with one paint job.

Old 2007-12-11, 00:43   Link #53
Papaya
Sup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynames/ Virtue View Post
Have you ever seen transformers before. No matter the design, it is ususally very simple how they design the body to the vechicle. To gundams, they have to based it off of the design and series, which is all over the place depending on which one. Even for the basic design, they either have to rely on CG replacement used in transformers.

Gundams are a difficult because of the design they are derive from. Transformers, even the hardest faces are nothing to gundams in terms of facially with the depth put in.
Well I mean, it's not like Gundams haven't been modeled in 3D before. They just haven't been done in high enough detail to appear alongside real world footage and appear realistic. I don't see where there's any actual limitation in incorporating mobile suits in a live action film. I doubt they'd give the RX-78 a completely different look, if that's what you mean.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eidolon Sniper View Post
Megatron wasn't the same in the movie. And I didn't like how they made Starscream turn into mono Starscream with one paint job.
Yes, well, this was a conscious decision made by Michael Bay, or whoever chose the designs. He said he wanted Megatron and the other Decepticons to have a specifically more alien feel. This is an aesthetic choice though, and not a technical limitation.
Old 2007-12-11, 00:45   Link #54
Cherudim Arche

Megatron was the only one I personally think they nailed, but they should have Michael Kane to the VA instead. I remember a lot of the beast war VA are quite good at sounding like transformers even Prime.

Oh, Starscream, they messed everything up for him, I seen him transform in the series, it looks a lot faster and cooler. Colorscheme actually can change the transformer, there are differences with red, blue and so on, for it can be like thundercracker.

Gundams have to worry about hands.
Old 2007-12-11, 00:49   Link #55
Eidolon Sniper
Tsubasa No Kami
*Artist

Well, since you put it that way, Megatron would've been totally pwned by the Autobots if all he could do in his transformed state is to shoot things and he needs someone to use that ability so he could shoot at his enemies...

Old 2007-12-11, 01:00   Link #56
Cherudim Arche

[QUOTE=Papaya;1292942]Well I mean, it's not like Gundams haven't been modeled in 3D before. They just haven't been done in high enough detail to appear alongside real world footage and appear realistic. I don't see where there's any actual limitation in incorporating mobile suits in a live action film. I doubt they'd give the RX-78 a completely different look, if that's what you mean.

I seen shows like Kamen rider and Sentai, they come as close to live action that could accomplish it in 3D. If they based it on Megazords, it would be more possible through that method, since all the live action scenes seems more intergated. Designs of most megazords do share a uncanny familiarity to gundams excluding the alt mode it should work. Even with that knowledge, it would be plan hard still and this isn't going into grunts and other gundams yet.
Old 2007-12-11, 12:43   Link #57
kaito-kid
As I make you stop, think

Quote:
I'd want them to at least try to get the ethnicities right, not like in Dragon Ball Z, where they have Caucasians cast as Saiyans (yeah, and Goku was supposed to not have realized that his Chinese grandpa wasn't his real grandpa? :O).
Goku is not even human, His ethnicity shouldn't matter...

Quote:
So, casting for Amuro and Char...???
If you want to get the ethnicities right, then Amuro should be portrayed by a Caucasian actor. (Both of his parents seems to be Americans) I don't know about Char Aznable...Probably European or something..But I could be wrong, since I never watched the original series.

Quote:
I don't think even Michael Bay can pull it off. Gundams are more complicated in every single way more than tranformers. If it follows similiar to CG approach, lets hope the graphics pixels are good such as Advent of Children.
Quote:
LMAO^^

More complicated? The Transformers (from the 2007 movie) are much more complicated then Gundams in EVERY way.
Optimus prime's head is build out of 1000 individual parts...I'm a designer myself And believe me, I can build you 10 extremely detailed Gundams with less then 1000 parts.

If the director decides to keep the original designs then it would be the animators wet dream
First of all, they won't have to redesign anything (which is a terribly long process) all they have to do is model the Gundams and that's it.

But I'm pretty sure most of the Hollywood directors would prefer to redesign the Gundams...But it also depend on which Gundam series we're talking about. If it's one the first series from the 80's then a lot of things will be redesigned.(Not just the Gundams btw), But if it's something like seed, then they might keep the original design and do some additional design..But I dont know..It really depends on the producers and the director and how they want to bring it to the big screen..
Old 2007-12-11, 20:20   Link #58
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

maybe it should be GS series getting a live action version besides it should be a good match & also must be based on GS series.

besides i've wanting to having GS in a live action series or movies since 04.
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-11, 20:48   Link #59
Cherudim Arche

At least the designs for seed are not complicated. Getting the other series on the other hand, will be more problematic though.
Old 2007-12-12, 23:50   Link #60
Eidolon Sniper
Tsubasa No Kami
*Artist

Somehow a Gundam movie being a product of Hollywood gives me shivers...*remembers Street Fighter II movie* X______________________x