AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2010-12-13, 11:22   Link #41
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Mine is a newtype (Spacenoid).

Seriously I hope there will be more piloting of vehicles other than the damn Mako. How about letting us play with the Normandy for a change?
But both previous games let you pilot the Normandy. You got to travel and mine for resources from space. Isn't that good enough .

I wouldn't mind piloting the Normandy for action sequences, but I expect they would be QTEs (Joker is supposed to be an excellent pilot after all), and while that wouldn't be too bad, I don't think they would work for an RPG.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-13, 11:24   Link #42
ZeroForever

I'm honestly just hoping it's not some cheesy clinch victory method like there being a source hive mind with a super retro virus that once injected in the main hub just happens to kill them all.

That and the choices in 1 and 2 actually make a major plot difference, not the 'sup, nice to see you' passing mention that happened in 2.

fun series but there are accute flaws in both games (and glinches... oh the get stuck in the wall or box or etc... glinches that plagued me in both 1 and 2)
Old 2010-12-13, 11:25   Link #43
Kaze
「Darkly Charismatic 」
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
But both previous games let you pilot the Normandy. You got to travel and mine for resources from space. Isn't that good enough .
You should try mining the planet "Uranus" and listen to EVI.
There is just a certain something with.... probing Uranus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
I wouldn't mind piloting the Normandy for action sequences, but I expect they would be QTEs (Joker is supposed to be an excellent pilot after all), and while that wouldn't be too bad, I don't think they would work for an RPG.
Well if we start piloting the Normandy, that would be going a bit overboard.
I'd feel like I'd be playing Ace Combat or w/e.
Old 2010-12-13, 11:55   Link #44
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroForever View Post
I'm honestly just hoping it's not some cheesy clinch victory method like there being a source hive mind with a super retro virus that once injected in the main hub just happens to kill them all.

That and the choices in 1 and 2 actually make a major plot difference, not the 'sup, nice to see you' passing mention that happened in 2.

fun series but there are accute flaws in both games (and glinches... oh the get stuck in the wall or box or etc... glinches that plagued me in both 1 and 2)
This isnt independence day
Old 2010-12-13, 12:08   Link #45
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Remember guys theres a certain species (if you let them live in the ME1) who told Shepard on Illium through the Asari scientist that when the war comes her and her children will fight along Shepard. This could get really interesting i expect to see some massive battle cut scenes similar to the battle of the citidal in the ME1
Old 2010-12-13, 12:18   Link #46
MushroomSamba
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
Remember guys theres a certain species (if you let them live in the ME1) who told Shepard on Illium through the Asari scientist that when the war comes her and her children will fight along Shepard. This could get really interesting i expect to see some massive battle cut scenes similar to the battle of the citidal in the ME1
Damnit, I gave 'em an acid bath. Whoops.

MushroomSamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-13, 12:21   Link #47
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by MushroomSamba View Post
Damnit, I gave 'em an acid bath. Whoops.
HAHA you wont be able to use them. If you let the queen live in ME1 she tells you in ME2 that she and her race (i can only assume they have been breeding like crazy) will come and help you.

This is the race that almost whooped the rest of the galaxy's ass and they had to use the Krogan to stop them.
Old 2010-12-13, 14:46   Link #48
Mr. Wang
Scholar of Yanderes
*Author

Send a message via Yahoo to Mr. Wang
Quote:
The Rachni, I believe they were called. Anyway, this is getting more and more interesting the more we elaborate on the future of this game. Seems as though Shepard will assemble the largest army in the galaxy, consisting of almost any race you can think of, to help defend Earth in a last stand against the Reapers... Damn, an army of Krogan, Turians, Rachni, Geth, Quarians, Asari, Salarians, and whatever-the-hell all those other races are, all coming together to kick some ass...

Damn, I can tell this will be epic.
Old 2010-12-13, 14:50   Link #49
Kaze
「Darkly Charismatic 」
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wang View Post
The Rachni, I believe they were called. Anyway, this is getting more and more interesting the more we elaborate on the future of this game. Seems as though Shepard will assemble the largest army in the galaxy, consisting of almost any race you can think of, to help defend Earth in a last stand against the Reapers... Damn, an army of Krogan, Turians, Rachni, Geth, Quarians, Asari, Salarians, and whatever-the-hell all those other races are, all coming together to kick some ass...

Damn, I can tell this will be epic.
And remember kids, if you murdered the Council in ME1 like I did, the new Human lead council will mobilize all available forces as soon as it can to save it's home planet.
Old 2010-12-13, 14:54   Link #50
Larthak
♪ ~ ♫
*Artist

Send a message via ICQ to Larthak Send a message via MSN to Larthak
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaze View Post
And remember kids, if you murdered the Council in ME1 like I did, the new Human lead council will mobilize all available forces as soon as it can to save it's home planet.
I say it'd either be the citadel fleet or Cerberus' forces coming to your aid, depending on what you did. Both being possibly stronger than the alliance navy; Citadel still having Destiny Ascension, the mightiest battleship known to the galaxy, or the Illusive man having endless funds AND reaper technology at his disposal.

On a side note, thinking about Tali...
Spoiler:

Last edited by Larthak; 2010-12-13 at 15:13.
Larthak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-13, 15:00   Link #51
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Not my fault..... Weeeelll, okay.... I have to say me going all out and letting the Destiny Ascension getting blown up is sort of my fault. I'm not the one that destroyed it, now am I~?

Oh, by the way:

I'd choose Cerberus, honestly. Citadel has pretty much blown the reaper threat off right from the start and they haven't even bothered accumulating the necessary funds and sources. Which, by the way, Cerberus has been doing. Plus if you saved the Collector's base you probably got better technology on your side.
Arbitres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-13, 15:04   Link #52
Edge Meltdown
AxS HxM TxA RxS JxK HxM

I wonder how the story is going to affect us ps3 users since the first game only came out exclusively for 360 and PC will there be additional choices, new cutscenes (maybe), new character (highly doubtful), tali's face?!?!? (maaaaybe...).
Anyways, I'm really excited to see tali's face for the first time (need to hold myself back >_< nngh!!)
Edge Meltdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-13, 15:10   Link #53
Larthak
♪ ~ ♫
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMC3alpha View Post
...tali's face?!?!? (maaaaybe...).
Anyways, I'm really excited to see tali's face for the first time (need to hold myself back >_< nngh!!)
Revealing her face might upset half her fanbase. Bioware can't afford that to happen. Just sayin'...

Spoiler for ME2 - What really happened:

And I kinda like the mystery around her and quarians in general. Feels more exotic.
Old 2010-12-13, 15:22   Link #54
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Quote:
That true too im hoping to see some epic space battles cut scenes i want carnage dammit carnage i say.

Its going to be a long wait
Old 2010-12-13, 15:38   Link #55
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larthak View Post
I say it'd either be the citadel fleet or Cerberus' forces coming to your aid, depending on what you did. Both being possibly stronger than the alliance navy; Citadel still having Destiny Ascension, the mightiest battleship known to the galaxy, or the Illusive man having endless funds AND reaper technology at his disposal.

On a side note, thinking about Tali...
Spoiler:
If they value their lifes she will be playable and more romance
Old 2010-12-13, 15:42   Link #56
MushroomSamba
Mad Scientist

Quote:
HAHA you wont be able to use them. If you let the queen live in ME1 she tells you in ME2 that she and her race (i can only assume they have been breeding like crazy) will come and help you.

This is the race that almost whooped the rest of the galaxy's ass and they had to use the Krogan to stop them.
We'll see who's laughing when those duplicitous bastards turn on you!

Old 2010-12-13, 15:43   Link #57
Kaze
「Darkly Charismatic 」
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMC3alpha View Post
I wonder how the story is going to affect us ps3 users since the first game only came out exclusively for 360 and PC will there be additional choices, new cutscenes (maybe), new character (highly doubtful), tali's face?!?!? (maaaaybe...).
Quote:
Revealing her face might upset half her fanbase. Bioware can't afford that to happen. Just sayin'...

And I kinda like the mystery around her and quarians in general. Feels more exotic.

You mean this?
Spoiler for Tali's Face CG Cutscene:
Old 2010-12-13, 15:49   Link #58
MushroomSamba
Mad Scientist

Quote:

I never really understood all the attraction to Tali. I mean, yeah I can get that people find the whole "unknown" aspect hot and whatnot, but she has chicken feet and hands for crying out loud. I'd totally freak to have those things touch me.

Old 2010-12-13, 15:50   Link #59
Kaze
「Darkly Charismatic 」
*Artist

Quote:
I never really understood all the attraction to Tali. I mean, yeah I can get that people find the whole "unknown" aspect hot and whatnot, but she has chicken feet and hands for crying out loud. I'd totally freak to have those things touch me.
I suggest you take a look at my spoiler pic
Old 2010-12-13, 15:55   Link #60
Larthak
♪ ~ ♫
*Artist

Quote:
You mean this?
Spoiler for Tali's Face CG Cutscene:
Exactly. Some might love this pic, others will be against it. Splitting the fans into subgroups weakens them as a whole. Instead, we should all be left with the helmet and our own individual imaginations of how Tali should look like. That way, everyone ends up being right and content with the result. Or do you think we really need Bioware to hold our hands while crossing the road?

Quote:
Mystery behind her, her accent, her nature, overall body proportions (as some might shout "DEM HIPS!!" ), everyone has different tastes.

Tags
effect, games, mass