AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Rozen Maiden

Notices

View Poll Results: Rozen Maiden Zurückspulen - Episode 8 Rating
Perfect 10 3 13.64%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 11 50.00%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 2 9.09%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 18.18%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 9.09%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2013-08-22, 11:35   Link #1
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Rozen Maiden Zurückspulen - Episode 8 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Rozen Maiden Zurückspulen, Episode 8.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Old 2013-08-22, 16:47   Link #2
Moeterum

No episode this week?
Old 2013-08-22, 19:26   Link #3
Witch of Uncertainty

We're almost getting somewhere now! I'm sure something will actually happen in the next episode!

Still loved it, though. The pacing is quite relaxing, and Shinku is better than ever.
Old 2013-08-23, 00:37   Link #4
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Stuff is definitely...most likely to go down next week . Literally the stage is set and time is up.

They did speed things up a bit this week to get everything ready. Shinku needs to get back to the N-Field now, the trap is apparently set for the youngest sister with Suigintou ready to strike. And despite making a likely blunder in putting that doll together, Jun apparently seems to be on the rebound emotionally.

Saito remains pretty resilient. At times in the series Jun has been a bit distant if not cold, but this time he did speak up. Still Saito held together on her view of Jun's actions. There were jerkish ways to get home faster if he wanted to take them and if he only wanted to improve Saito's opinion of him that probably wouldn't have held up when actually helping with those props. Agree with Shinku that there is a lot that Jun doesn't realize about himself yet.
Old 2013-08-23, 08:35   Link #5
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Best episode since Episode 3. Largely because, yes, all the buildup is finally starting to payoff and this episode did a great job (in more ways than one) of setting the stage for that.

I'm a bit disappointed in how Jun puts more weight on that one silly insult from his crappy boss than on Saito's several sweet sincere compliments and hints. However, this does have a silver lining to it - It gives Saito a certain agency that makes any eventual romance as much her's as Jun's. In other words, her friendliness, resiliency, and unyielding optimism are as key to the Jun/Saito relationship as his willingness to help her out is. It gives their relationship a more natural feel to it, rather than just the guy being a total hero to the girl and basically doing all the leg-work to make the relationship happen.

Also, it was very cathartic to see Jun finally stand up to that crappy boss.

On the Rozen Maiden side of things, this was a good episode for Suigintou in that it shows how she's effectively taking advantage of the overall situation to lay a trap for Kirakishou. I also love the way Shinku managed to insert herself into the play.

Next episode preview seems to hint at the Rozen Maidens finally coming to some serious conflict. It also seems to show the return of ~Desu!

I'm definitely looking forward to Episode 9!
Old 2013-08-23, 09:53   Link #6
j4c06

Great episode, although forgetting the prop doll in the storeroom was too convenient. I'd rather Shinku did something to it.

There was a surprisingly scary moment when Saito recited some of her role on the way home. Hopefully this stuff about selling memories etc. has some significance beyond the play.
Old 2013-08-23, 10:57   Link #7
Horse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Next episode preview seems to hint at the Rozen Maidens finally coming to some serious conflict. It also seems to show the return of ~Desu!
inb4 desu's arrival is the final shot of the next episode like Kanaria last ep

GJ preview? lol
Old 2013-08-23, 14:09   Link #8
HandofFate

Why do I feel despite the sinister nature of the Kira doll, Older Jun is going to win her over like the doll pimp he is and add her to his harem.
Old 2013-08-23, 15:42   Link #9
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

This was a great epis- HOLY SHIT THAT PREVIEW! Shit will finally hit the fan next week ~desu!

I'll still talk about the episode a bit, because there were a lot of good scenes. My favorite was Shinku talking to herself about Jun. She clearly thinks very highly of him, and I thought it was very touching she wished she could watch over him a bit longer. Jun standing up to the manager was another great scene, as was the exchange that followed with Saito. She's a fantastic girl and a perfect match for Jun. I hope he'll soon realize that she is in fact interested in him and that that jerk manager is, well, a jerk. He shouldn't listen to guys like these.

Suigintou being a crafty little doll was another highlight of the episode. Love her.
Old 2013-08-23, 17:35   Link #10
Traece
:cool:

Apparently Jun is a lot better at his job than anyone knew.

I can never decide which makes this Rozen Maiden more enjoyable for me, Saito or Suigintou. Saito is a lovely, nice young girl and a great match for Jun. It was the unexpected twist for me, I suppose. Instead of just getting Rozen Maidens, they added a romance sub-plot centered around a nice girl. On the other hand, well, there's Suigintou. I need not say more.

Grrrr. SUCH A HARD DECISION!
Old 2013-08-23, 20:54   Link #11
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Sugintou has seriously emerged as a total star for me in this series.

Though....DESUUUUUUUUUUUUU IS COMING! BE PREPARED Y'ALL
Old 2013-08-23, 21:59   Link #12
Calca
Expressionless

"Bring me some duct tape and matches" oh Shinku. Planning to burn her sister alive.
Old 2013-08-23, 22:09   Link #13
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Truly a beautiful series. So much subtle emotional interplay and stunning accuracy in the RL situations, and all the huge plot threads beginning to converge. "All the world's a stage, and the men and women merely players" indeed...
Old 2013-08-25, 13:50   Link #14
kache
Asobo~
*IT Support

This episode was actually interesting. Can't wait to see how the series ends.

Watching at the moment: click on the image.

Old 2013-08-25, 17:33   Link #15
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Eighth Tale.

Honestly, nothing out of the extraordinary happened in this episode. I guess this one can be thought of as the calm before the storm, if anyone interprets the symbolic role that the theater play is about to start.

This would be the critical point for Shinku, since the night of the moon has arrived and her existence has no more time left to keep herself in the unwound world for longer.

And, this will be the stage for Kirakishou to make her move, though that is because of SuiginTou's doing to lure her disembodied sister to pick-up the bait. And, for the very good reason of finding Megu inside her little sister's N-field.

Besides that, the curtain is about to rise and let the play to start, and, thankfully, Shinku volunteered herself to be the doll's replacement.

If adult Jun won't be showing in the front stage, then Shinku will in his stead.
Old 2013-08-27, 18:40   Link #16
HandofFate

I assume Shinku is going to 'disappear' during the play, and at the end, Jun tries to wake up Shinku, and she's just a lifeless doll again.
Closed Thread