AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Tales of... > Tales of the Abyss (Archive)

Notices

View Poll Results: Tales of the Abyss - Episode 12 Rating
Perfect 10 4 20.00%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 8 40.00%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 3 15.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 10.00%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 10.00%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 5.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-12-15, 22:33   Link #21
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starks View Post
I instantly thought of this after reading this post.

Spoiler for Final Battle (Natalia Version):
LMAO
Holy shit load of arrows batman if Natalia would have hit Sync with that there wouldn't have been much left to play pinata with lol. I see what you mean though i really should get around playing the game one of these days but i don't want it to affect my view of the anime.
Old 2008-12-16, 02:18   Link #22
NoLongerSane

I really enjoyed this episode. It is nice that Luke is changing for the better and how Tear still plans to keep an eye on him. Laught at the Peony/Jade interaction. Looks like for the next episode, we are going to be introduced to a new character.
Old 2008-12-16, 05:55   Link #23
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craymel View Post
I didn't really see much of a quality drop in this episode and I'm really sensitive to this sorta thing. I didn't really think sunrise's animation was really good in the first place mostly due to unfair comparisons I've been making to I.G's cutscenes in the game. I don't think the show is all that poorly animated though it certainly isn't off putting in any way.
Buddy just tried to claim that this episode was more poorly animated then Violinist of Hamelin so I think that sets the level of his credibility right there. There wasn't really any need to respond to such absurdity, but I will say this. It's important to Keep in mind those cutscenes are a handful of 1-3 minute sequences that are made for a game versus twenty six 22 minute sequences that are being made for an entire series. Of course they are going to look a fair bit more polished and detailed overall, especially given the more liberal time window they probably had to do them it.. It has little to do with it being I.G.

Although there's at least one scene from the game that I remember looking really odd that happens during the Binah war. It's when a group of what are supposed to be soldiers are fighting on top of a ship, but they actually look like little more then a handful of vague shapes that sort of resemble jagged looking humans swaying back and forth to simulate what I can only assume was meant to be swordfighting. Really awkward.

And the animation in the episode is fine. Christ, it's a video game adaptation for crying out loud not the latest Pixar movie, and it looks a hell of a lot better then most. Yeah I'm looking at you Shining Tears x Wind, got a problem?

Last edited by Kaioshin Sama; 2008-12-16 at 06:10.
Old 2008-12-16, 11:29   Link #24
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
LMAO
Holy shit load of arrows batman if Natalia would have hit Sync with that there wouldn't have been much left to play pinata with lol. I see what you mean though i really should get around playing the game one of these days but i don't want it to affect my view of the anime.
Natalia's Noble Roar still looks great no matter now many times I see it. But damn I wonder why whoever it was in that video did not activate Anise's mystic. Or taunt with Guy to show off his Brilliant Overlord. He had the equips for it and everything.
Old 2008-12-16, 14:56   Link #25
vspirit
...huh?

Mmmh...as far as animation adaptation goes, General Fring's gotten the short end of the stick, IMO. He gave me the impression of a better-looking fellow in the game. In an icy way, that is. He doesn't seem to have that effect at all anime-ized.
Old 2008-12-16, 21:19   Link #26
Starks
I see what you did there!
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Starks
Well, at least be happy that Anise lost her tan and that Noelle is now far more attractive than the game portrayed her as.
Old 2008-12-17, 02:49   Link #27
NoLongerSane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starks View Post
Well, at least be happy that Anise lost her tan and that Noelle is now far more attractive than the game portrayed her as.
I was wondering about that too. In the game, Anise has a tan, but in the anime adaption she does not. Anyway, I was happy to see that the writers did a great job with the Tear/Luke scene on the bridge.
Old 2008-12-17, 19:00   Link #28
dubber

Seeing Anise with a tan was nice! Wish the anime had it in for her, made her a bit more unique in a sense.
Old 2008-12-18, 09:14   Link #29
Shirachi

Send a message via MSN to Shirachi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Buddy just tried to claim that this episode was more poorly animated then Violinist of Hamelin so I think that sets the level of his credibility right there. There wasn't really any need to respond to such absurdity, but I will say this. It's important to Keep in mind those cutscenes are a handful of 1-3 minute sequences that are made for a game versus twenty six 22 minute sequences that are being made for an entire series. Of course they are going to look a fair bit more polished and detailed overall, especially given the more liberal time window they probably had to do them it.. It has little to do with it being I.G.
I did not, for the record, “compare it to the Violinist of Hameln.” I’m just saying that I shouldn’t notice such inconsistent character designs after watching that without cringing. Don’t assume things. Artwork is one of the points I look for in my anime, so when the designs aren't consistent with the rest of the series, I get annoyed. That, to me, is animation drop.

They can draw the same style for over 10 episodes, but suddenly they're different? That comes off as laziness to me.

Sorry for sprouting absurdity, I'll remember to keep my ignorant female mouth shut from now on.
Old 2008-12-18, 09:42   Link #30
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirachi View Post
They can draw the same style for over 10 episodes, but suddenly they're different? That comes off as laziness to me.
That's not lazyness, that happens in almost every anime. Not every episode is animated by the same animation team or even at the same studio. Some teams use their own reinterpretations of given art styles.
Old 2008-12-21, 09:59   Link #31
Craymel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Buddy just tried to claim that this episode was more poorly animated then Violinist of Hamelin so I think that sets the level of his credibility right there. There wasn't really any need to respond to such absurdity, but I will say this. It's important to Keep in mind those cutscenes are a handful of 1-3 minute sequences that are made for a game versus twenty six 22 minute sequences that are being made for an entire series.
I did keep that in mind that's why I said I was making unfair comparisons... So yeah there ya go.
Old 2008-12-23, 11:49   Link #32
Scarlett_Rain55

When the hell is 13 going to play?
Old 2008-12-23, 16:08   Link #33
*reira*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlett_Rain55 View Post
When the hell is 13 going to play?
It's been already played last Saturday .
Old 2009-03-13, 09:08   Link #34
GreenLama
Banned

This episode was very revealing and told a nice backstory for Guy and Luke when we found out that the spell casted on Guy only would have worked if he really had a deep hatred for Luke. Genius! The ambush by 2 of the knights and the battle that followed was a good one and the story really seems to be progressing nicely, episode 12 was probably my favorite episode to date or at least one of them, I'm looking foward for episode 13!

I am still waiting for an Asche -vs- Luke one on one battle, it's coming, I can feel it...........and it's going to be epic!
Closed Thread