AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-07-10, 12:23   Link #21
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prnoct90 View Post
I'm guessing you mean "a 50 minute episode per month" instead of "50 episode per month" right?
No. Giant Robo OVA was 7 episodes in total, and each episode was released every year, one after the other.
Old 2009-07-14, 11:04   Link #22
monir
cho~ kakkoii

So Katanagatari is one word, not two? Noted. No wonder search didn't find anything. Thanks for the thread NeoSam. I've added a synopsis in the opening post for those who want to know what's this going to be about.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-25, 12:58   Link #23
Marisa Kirisame
Previously cicido

http://www.katanagatari.com/special/pv_cm02.html

The second commercial with actual anime footage.

Even the girls want her...
Marisa Kirisame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-25, 13:05   Link #24
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marisa Kirisame View Post

Thanks a lot for the post. I was wondering if this appeared on the official site or not.

All i can really say is wow after watching that PV. It looks just as stunning as i imagined. January 2010 how i can't wait.
Old 2009-10-20, 05:13   Link #25
Kunagisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marisa Kirisame View Post

Animation looks really awesome, but not sure if I agree with the music.

Here's the poster that came with the sale of Nisemonogatari 2 if anyone's interested.

I hope Togame gets as popular as Hitagi, though I highly doubt that's possible. As a fan of Shura no Toki and Rurouni Kenshin, I REALLY HOPE they animate those swords nicely.

{spoiler removed}

I'm surprised there aren't that much hype on this given how popular Bakemonogatari has gotten.
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-20, 05:32   Link #26
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuopidget View Post
I'm surprised there aren't that much hype on this given how popular Bakemonogatari has gotten.
White Fox has given themselves a very good start with their very first Animation Production, Tears to Tiara which was wonderfully animated overall and had a pretty decent story. They are still an upstart animation studio who are about to undertake their second project and has lot to prove. Shaft has already established themselves among their fans with their style of approach. Even then Bakemonogatari's very impressive first and second episode build momentum for its popularity. I think if Katanagatari does well with its opening, it's just a matter of episodes before the show gains momentum with the fans considering this is another Nishio Ishin's story.

P.S. Spoiler of any kind in this thread is not allowed. Any discussion to the novel needs to go in the corresponding novel thread. You can always create a thread if there is none in the Manga section of the forum.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-28, 02:36   Link #27
Kunagisa

But makes you kinda wonder since both of the director and series composition guy usually work with H-game-->anime material (School Days, Akane-Iro ni Somaru Saka etc.).

I hope the fanservice don't get out of hand, cause the book comes off as epic.
Old 2009-11-02, 14:46   Link #28
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
I didn't know about this show until yesterday, and I somehow feel many other Bake fans are in that very same boat.

Just saw the promo posted above and this show really looks interesting.
Old 2009-11-02, 17:18   Link #29
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:

Aw man, does the main character always go around half-naked?
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-02, 17:21   Link #30
Haohmaru
The Invincible Samurai

Is the red stuff on his arms, hair?
Haohmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-02, 18:06   Link #31
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
This story seems very interesting. I will remember this one when it is released.
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-02, 21:17   Link #32
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Thanks to sirn for the link about the novel. And I like the little bit of art I've seen.

But I still have very low expectations for this show, since it is made by the team I like least in anime: the guys that made Amaenaideyo, Lovedol, School Days, and Akasaka. The only similarity between them and Shinbou is that both know how to save money.

I must admit, however, that their most recent effort, Tayutama, was watchable for a few episodes. And the character designer/animation director is a new member of the team: he did character design for Gokujou Seitokai, and animation for Honey & Clover2. And the team's writer (Makoto Uezu) has lately been involved in SunRed, which I haven't watched.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-03, 04:48   Link #33
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
[...] Tears to Tiara which was wonderfully animated overall and had a pretty decent story. [...]
Oh really Well not intending to fill this thread with TtT.

Anyway the character designs dont really appeal to me but the story sounds fairly interesting, might give this a try after I got my hands on higher priority shows :3
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-03, 07:55   Link #34
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Hmm, just watch the trailer of Katanagari in Bakemonogatari eps 13...
It's pretty well done...
But again, trailer can be deceiving...

Just have to wait...
Will Katanagari have the same impact as Bakemonogatari??
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-03, 12:37   Link #35
Kunagisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Aw man, does the main character always go around half-naked?
Think so, at least from the random novel insert art and novel covers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haohmaru View Post
Is the red stuff on his arms, hair?
Think that's more of a stylized arm strap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Thanks to sirn for the link about the novel. And I like the little bit of art I've seen.

But I still have very low expectations for this show, since it is made by the team I like least in anime: the guys that made Amaenaideyo, Lovedol, School Days, and Akasaka. The only similarity between them and Shinbou is that both know how to save money.

I must admit, however, that their most recent effort, Tayutama, was watchable for a few episodes. And the character designer/animation director is a new member of the team: he did character design for Gokujou Seitokai, and animation for Honey & Clover2. And the team's writer (Makoto Uezu) has lately been involved in SunRed, which I haven't watched.
The music person is pretty good though (did a ton of shounen work, including Angel Heart and Kenshin OVA!!!), and for epic (using the term in Homeric sense and very loosely) like this one I think the mood's important.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azuma Denton View Post
Hmm, just watch the trailer of Katanagari in Bakemonogatari eps 13...
It's pretty well done...
But again, trailer can be deceiving...

Just have to wait...
I doubt it can because each episode will be pretty much stand alone, so I don't think there will be huge craving, and there aren't much tsukkomi nor fanservice elements in it (at least not from reading volume 1). It reminds more of Shura no Toki if anything. Obviously, this is subjected to change very easily.
Old 2009-11-03, 14:52   Link #36
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Are the two *gatari universes somehow related (e.g. some convoluted nasuverse like relationship, or maybe something more specific) or they are independent?
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-03, 15:07   Link #37
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Just have to wait...
Like a 0.00001% chance unless the anime improves on the source considerably. Katanagatari's novels really haven't received that many good reviews from what I've seen, though one novel per month with 20-30 page recaps in them doesn't help...

Zaregoto and Bakemonogatari seem to be regarded as the best from NisioIsin.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-03, 17:18   Link #38
Kunagisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
Are the two *gatari universes somehow related (e.g. some convoluted nasuverse like relationship, or maybe something more specific) or they are independent?
Independent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Like a 0.00001% chance unless the anime improves on the source considerably. Katanagatari's novels really haven't received that many good reviews from what I've seen, though one novel per month with 20-30 page recaps in them doesn't help...

Zaregoto and Bakemonogatari seem to be regarded as the best from NisioIsin.
Though consider how many freaking people are following gg's releases, and they look like they're doing Katanagatari, I would say at least from the English speaking community, there will be a lot of people following the first episode at least.

I honestly DO NOT get why there isn't a Zaregoto anime. Considering it was on このライトノベルがすごい! for 3x (like Toradora, Spice and Wolf, and Bungaku Shoujo) in the top 10 list, and Bakemonogatari has only been on it once (Katanagatari was never in the top 10).
Old 2009-11-03, 21:34   Link #39
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Quote:
Independent.

Though consider how many freaking people are following gg's releases, and they look like they're doing Katanagatari, I would say at least from the English speaking community, there will be a lot of people following the first episode at least.

I honestly DO NOT get why there isn't a Zaregoto anime. Considering it was on このライトノベルがすごい! for 3x (like Toradora, Spice and Wolf, and Bungaku Shoujo) in the top 10 list, and Bakemonogatari has only been on it once (Katanagatari was never in the top 10).
As Bakemonogatari and Katanagari are part of Nisio Isin's anime project, i'm sure that Zaregoto will be animated too. Maybe, Nisio Isin is trying to save the best for the last...
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-21, 22:38   Link #40
Kunagisa

Quote:
As Bakemonogatari and Katanagari are part of Nisio Isin's anime project, i'm sure that Zaregoto will be animated too. Maybe, Nisio Isin is trying to save the best for the last...
Let's hope so =)

anyway, another trailer up for katanagatari

http://www.katanagatari.com/special/index.html (BE SURE TO WATCH ALL 3, they're all slight variations of each other because they're broadcasted in different channels).

Source.

Togame <3.

Tags
action, adventure, comedy, edo setting, light novel adaptation, nishio, romance, tragedy