AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-09-13, 16:32   Link #101
Tornadium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kogetsu Shirogane View Post
... This argument kinda fails due to the fact that the worst instance of it happens before Haruhi realizes Kyon was focusing his attention Mikuru.
What about sighs?

I would say that is definately the worst instance.
Old 2009-09-13, 16:38   Link #102
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
I'd say groping the poor girl after abducting her is far worse, but that's just me.
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... so you think you're a king now...
Old 2009-09-13, 16:38   Link #103
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornadium View Post
It could be,

I doubt they would send someone THAT perfect (In Kyon's mind) back just by chance.

I think Haruhi likes playing with Mikuru to sabotage her image in front of Kyon and get attention. Not because she actually sexually likes it.
I'm not completely sold on Haruhi being bi-sexual or bi-"curious" either. It's certainly possible that she is, but it's also possible that Haruhi just likes touching Mikuru suggestively in order to get the girl into blushing, shy, ideal moe mascot mode.

... Mind you, I've played around with the idea of a Haruhi/Mikuru fanfic.
Old 2009-09-13, 16:40   Link #104
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Times change, but it was Haruhi that began the fondling in front of Kyon, and the costume changes, and the one who wanted to do the photo shoot(s) with Mikuru. First time with just the maid outfit...look how happy Haruhi looks even while Kyon is trying to pull her off of Mikuru. The second time, she sends Kyon on a mission so that she can play with her toy without his interference (DVD extra photo shoot in December).
Old 2009-09-13, 16:41   Link #105
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Er... yeah, I'm not arguing in favor of HaruhixMikuru. Just stating that the logic being used against it is flawed. While she probably doesn't get any sexual pleasure out of molesting other girls, she also doesn't necessarily do it for the sake of ruining Mikuru's image.
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
Old 2009-09-13, 16:45   Link #106
Tornadium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
I'm not completely sold on Haruhi being bi-sexual or bi-"curious" either. It's certainly possible that she is, but it's also possible that Haruhi just likes touching Mikuru suggestively in order to get the girl into blushing, shy, ideal moe mascot mode.

... Mind you, I've played around with the idea of a Haruhi/Mikuru fanfic.
I highly doubt Haruhi is bi-sexual. She probably only stated that for attention. I do think she likes playing with Mikuru, after all she is the Moe Mascot of the SOS brigade. In Sighs she calls her "my toy" (Possible she didn't actually mean this and was just yelling back at kyon desperately trying to counter his words while she was confused and upset).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Times change, but it was Haruhi that began the fondling in front of Kyon, and the costume changes, and the one who wanted to do the photo shoot(s) with Mikuru. First time with just the maid outfit...look how happy Haruhi looks even while Kyon is trying to pull her off of Mikuru. The second time, she sends Kyon on a mission so that she can play with her toy without his interference (DVD extra photo shoot in December).
Spoiler:

Quote:
Er... yeah, I'm not arguing in favor of HaruhixMikuru. Just stating that the logic being used against it is flawed. While she probably doesn't get any sexual pleasure out of molesting other girls, she also doesn't necessarily do it for the sake of ruining Mikuru's image.
Certainly up to a point i would argue she does it to ruin her image or get her away from Kyon. Whether that is the sole reason is up for debate.
Old 2009-09-14, 09:45   Link #107
GMT
Orthodox Haruhiist

Quote:
I'd say groping the poor girl after abducting her is far worse, but that's just me.
The anime version of Mikuru's introduction to Hell first encounter with Haruhi is rather toned down.

Spoiler for Just in case:
Old 2009-09-14, 12:21   Link #108
Tornadium

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMT View Post
The anime version of Mikuru's introduction to Hell first encounter with Haruhi is rather toned down.

Spoiler for Just in case:
Spoiler:
Old 2009-09-14, 13:05   Link #109
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

In the case of that scene... I think it's because it goes a little too far for television. But yeah, that's actually what I was referring to. Of the things we know, that's probably the worst thing she's done to the poor girl.
Old 2009-09-14, 13:09   Link #110
Tornadium

Quote:
In the case of that scene... I think it's because it goes a little too far for television. But yeah, that's actually what I was referring to. Of the things we know, that's probably the worst thing she's done to the poor girl.
Actually a lot of other Anime which have been aired on TV have done much worse and gotten away with it.

Must be being cautious or somthing.
Old 2009-09-14, 13:11   Link #111
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Given how regularly Mikuru goes through that sort of thing within just the stories in the '06 airing, I'd say it would've been too much to leave the scene as it was.
Old 2009-09-14, 13:28   Link #112
Tornadium

Quote:
Given how regularly Mikuru goes through that sort of thing within just the stories in the '06 airing, I'd say it would've been too much to leave the scene as it was.
Heh probably.

It's a pity really. I loved those scenes. I guess it's just trying to make Haruhi seem better all around so people don't rage at the end.
Old 2009-09-14, 13:32   Link #113
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

... I wonder what would happen if Kyon would, while feeling suicidal, yell "Haruhi is BI!" It's not like it'd be entirely untrue, given her description of what she'd be looking for in a relationship.
Old 2009-09-14, 13:35   Link #114
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
I don't think she'd care, since in the first episode she said she didn't care about things like gender in relationships as long it was interesting, if i remember it correctly. Which is consistent with her behavior.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2009-09-14, 13:36   Link #115
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

That's actually what I was referring to when I said it wouldn't be entirely untrue.
Old 2009-09-14, 13:39   Link #116
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Yea, so I don't think she'd have a reaction if Kyon yelled out she was Bi. ;p

MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2009-09-14, 13:41   Link #117
GMT
Orthodox Haruhiist

Quote:
... I wonder what would happen if Kyon would, while feeling suicidal, yell "Haruhi is BI!" It's not like it'd be entirely untrue, given her description of what she'd be looking for in a relationship.
She'd probably cross her arms over her chest, give Kyon a Look(tm) and say:

"Yeah? What about it?"

Then she'd give him an even more pointed look and glance oddly at Koizumi.
Old 2009-09-14, 13:49   Link #118
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

I was actually meaning while they were in class.

*e* Of course, this really has nothing to do with Mikuru now...
Old 2009-09-14, 14:23   Link #119
Tornadium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
I don't think she'd care, since in the first episode she said she didn't care about things like gender in relationships as long it was interesting, if i remember it correctly. Which is consistent with her behavior.
Well from the way Haruhi acts towards Kyon i would say she isn't Bisexual. She probably only said "i don't care if it's a boy or a girl" for attention. She thinks if she widens the area of her search she has a better chance of finding someone out of the ordinary.

Certainly

Spoiler:
Old 2009-09-14, 14:42   Link #120
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornadium View Post
She probably only said "i don't care if it's a boy or a girl" for attention. She thinks if she widens the area of her search she has a better chance of finding someone out of the ordinary.
I don't think she is necessarily bisexual either, only that it simply isn't an issue for her nor does she care what anyone thinks about it. As for her dealings with Mikuru, she's really just playing around... well that's what she thinks

MyAnimeList || Reviews
Closed Thread

Tags
characters