AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Old 2010-08-22, 15:06   Link #61
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
Spoiler for Alter:
Take into account that I haven't actually read your fanfic yet, but I have a jist of the goings-ons based on what's been said thus far:

Spoiler for Alter:
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-22, 15:12   Link #62
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherry_Lover View Post
Well, it's not entirely true that Sakura doesn't like Saber. Actually, when they get to know each other, they get on rather well. It's just that Sakura sees her as endangering Shirou, and thus wants her gone so that he won't fight any more.
I never said that Sakura didn't (or couldn't) like Saber. I just said that developing the two side by side is a bit of a daunting task to me at the moment because I, personally, do not have a good grasp of Sakura's character and don't know how well I'd do at developing her in the story.

Quote:
Spoiler for HF:
[/quote]

Spoiler for HF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Spoiler for Alter:
Spoiler for Alter:
Old 2010-08-22, 15:21   Link #63
Cherry_Lover

Quote:
As I mentioned earlier, for the time being I have no plans of extending this beyond the next section, which is the morning after. I simply haven't played through HF enough to know how Saber living on would have impacted certain scenarios differently (though I'm far along in the game to see one scenario that could have possibly been changed, depending on how much I feel like playing with it).
Well, yeah. Honestly I'm strugging to work out how it would have changed things, or at least to work out a way that it would change things to not fuck everything up. It would be an interesting story to write, but I think it'd be very difficult unless you knew Sakura's character, Saber's character and Shirou's character in great detail, plus knew how exactly HF works and what everyone's plans are.

Quote:
On top of that, staying true to HF would also mean having to play through the route numerous times in order to know the whole thing inside out, unless I get to a point where Saber surviving is so altering that I come up with things off the top of my head, which I doubt.
Yeah, definitely. Like I said, I am finding it hard to work out how it would go, although it is something I'd be interested in writing if I had the time (although, of course, I would definitely make it Shirou x Sakura, with Saber likely remaining as Shirou's friend/protector like in UBW).

Spoiler for HF:

Spoiler for HF:

Quote:
I don't feel like I grasp Sakura's character well enough to develop her very well outside of what little bit the game has given me on her characterization, which to be honest isn't very much to work with in the first place.
Well, you'd need to finish HF before you had a chance, but even then I suspect your attitude to her is such that you couldn't characterise her reasonably. But, I can't be certain of that....
Cherry_Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-22, 15:27   Link #64
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Quote:
although, of course, I would definitely make it Shirou x Sakura, with Saber likely remaining as Shirou's friend/protector like in UBW.
And since I happen to not be horribly inclined towards Sakura/Shirou, I'd probably have a much harder time of it than you would, I admit. At the very most I'd probably end up developing a possible threesome situation, but then that would require forming a deeper bond between Saber and Sakura without sacrificing the feelings she already has for Shirou.

Quote:
Well, you'd need to finish HF before you had a chance, but even then I suspect your attitude to her is such that you couldn't characterise her reasonably. But, I can't be certain of that....
I've written characters I don't care much for several times and have pulled it off without complaints, so I'm rather certain that I could do it with Sakura if I wanted to. The problem is, IMO, I'm honestly not getting enough development on Sakura in-game at the moment to really feel like I grasp her character.

EDIT:

Spoiler for HF:
Old 2010-08-22, 15:36   Link #65
Cherry_Lover

Quote:
And since I happen to not be horribly inclined towards Sakura/Shirou, I'd probably have a much harder time of it than you would, I admit. At the very most I'd probably end up developing a possible threesome situation, but then that would require forming a deeper bond between Saber and Sakura without sacrificing the feelings she already has for Shirou.
Well, I'd say that a threesome would be the absoulte least (or most, I suppose, depending on your viewpoint...) that Sakura could get out of such a situation without it going horribly wrong or you writing everyone to be miles OOC. The way HF develops is such that Shirou will inevitably fall for Sakura unless he pushes her away entirely, which results in her death and him becoming a heartless killer like his father (who would, therefore, see Saber as nothing more than a tool). Saber could wiggle her way in there too, if Sakura comes to care for her (which, if she's protecting Shirou when he's made it quite clear that his involvement is not conditional on having a servant, she might well come to do), but the Shirou x Sakura pairing is guarenteed to develop, because of how their relationship is set up and how HF goes. Shirou's feelings for Saber develop over the course of Fate whereas, in truth, all that happens in HF is that Shirou comes to realise that he's had feelings for Sakura all along, and just didn't see them until the events of HF happened, so it's hard to see a relationship with Saber developing whilst he's protecting Sakura, and if he doesn't protect Sakura HF doesn't work.

Quote:
I've written characters I don't care much for several times and have pulled it off without complaints, so I'm rather certain that I could do it with Sakura if I wanted to.
Well, the thing with Sakura is that she's very open to alternate interpretations, and if you're doing a story like this (that necessarily needs to be sympathetic towards her), you kind of have to get her right, which isn't easy. It depends, fundamentally, whether you don't like her because you don't like how she really is, or whether you don't like her because you've misinterpreted her character (like a lot of people).

Quote:
The problem is, IMO, I'm honestly not getting enough development on Sakura in-game at the moment to really feel like I grasp her character.
Well, most of her character development comes later on in the route, I think (depending on how far you've got).

Spoiler for HF:
Old 2010-08-22, 15:44   Link #66
GDB

Quote:
Well, yeah. Honestly I'm strugging to work out how it would have changed things, or at least to work out a way that it would change things to not fuck everything up.
It'd probably help to have a day-by-day cliff note of what happened. I'm finding it hard to just remember when things happened, rather than what happened.

Honestly...
Spoiler for Alter / HF:

Furthermore...
Spoiler for HF Ending:
Old 2010-08-22, 15:45   Link #67
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

So yeah, in conclusion, that's why this will all be wrapped up in part four. I can't say I don't want to expand it, because I do, but I have enough projects going as it is, and I don't know how well I'd do at retelling the events of HF, all things considered. Which really sucks because I enjoyed writing Alter in part 3, especially with her world and her interaction with Saber, but if I wanted to go any further into it I'd have to develop this as a full fic, which I don't think I can handle at the moment.

EDIT: Though on the up side, after this, that Ayako/Shirou fanfic I had in mind seems like a piece of cake compared to this...
Old 2010-08-22, 15:56   Link #68
Cherry_Lover

Quote:
Spoiler for Alter / HF:
Well, yeah, that could work, but it'd just end like HF in that case, almost certainly.

Quote:
Spoiler for HF Ending:
Wouldn't work.
Spoiler for HF Ending:
Old 2010-08-22, 16:01   Link #69
GDB

Quote:
Well, yeah, that could work, but it'd just end like HF in that case, almost certainly.
Wasn't that the point? To expand on a specific scene and its ramifications on the characters without having to completely rewrite the entire route?

Quote:
Wouldn't work.
Spoiler for HF Ending:
Spoiler for HF Ending:
Old 2010-08-22, 16:07   Link #70
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Quote:
Wasn't that the point? To expand on a specific scene and its ramifications on the characters without having to completely rewrite the entire route?
Well, yeah, but like I mentioned earlier, I'm not going to make this a very long fic. Part four is the last part of it I'll write and then I'll be done with it, unless I really get the feeling that I can handle it without majorly messing anything up. Otherwise it'll be complete after part four because I'm wary about getting into that kind of situation with HF.
Old 2010-08-22, 16:21   Link #71
Cherry_Lover

Quote:
Spoiler for HF Ending:
That's what happened in HF, though.
Spoiler:
Old 2010-08-22, 20:06   Link #72
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

So, here we are, part 4. It might be the final part, it might not. I'm honestly very uncertain about it at the moment. For now I'll leave it at this, but I might develop it into more given the chance. Until then, please enjoy!

Spoiler for A Change in Fate, part 4:

I have to say, I'm satisfied with this. It was fun to work on, and I enjoyed writing the interaction between the characters.

Spoiler for Author's Notes:

Links for the previous parts:

Part One
Part Two
Part Three
Old 2010-08-22, 20:51   Link #73
Cherry_Lover

Quote:
2. I debated adding Saber's line at the end towards Sakura, but I felt it fit her mood, and Saber honestly likes Sakura. Besides, I thought it would be some fun minor foreshadowing of things to come, if I expand on this.
Yeah, I can see how this could end up working now.
Spoiler for HF:
Old 2010-08-22, 21:28   Link #74
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

To be honest, I'm still debating whether or not to continue it. Right now I'm strongly inclined to keep going, if only because I have some really good ideas for the next few scenes of the route, but at the same time I felt like I had a pretty good end point.

Spoiler for HF:
Old 2010-08-22, 22:25   Link #75
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

I'm kicking myself for just now noticing this. As expected from you, RadiantBeam, a great story. I know that you are busy with your Nanoha fics( reading this reminded me of the Nanoha fic idea I had 10% conceptualized and wanted to do, but never did) but I hope you finish this. I'd like to see more of Alter rather than the usual emotionless thing the few fics that have her usually have. I always imagined Alter's personality if she had one, to be similar to Archer's, for some reason. An Alter tempting Saber with all the things that she wants, and mocking her dreams and laughing at her failures sounds very fun indeed.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-22, 22:28   Link #76
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
I'm kicking myself for just now noticing this. As expected from you, RadiantBeam, a great story. I know that you are busy with your Nanoha fics( reading this reminded me of the Nanoha fic idea I had 10% conceptualized and wanted to do, but never did) but I hope you finish this. I'd like to see more of Alter rather than the usual emotionless thing the few fics that have her usually have. I always imagined Alter's personality if she had one, to be similar to Archer's, for some reason. An Alter tempting Saber with all the things that she wants, and mocking her dreams and laughing at her failures sounds very fun indeed.
If I expand and continue this, I'm going to have a lot of fun with Alter. I already know that I want her to have a very antagonizing relationship with Saber; whereas Alter enjoys tormenting Saber but knows she can do nothing until Saber succumbs to the corruption, while Saber likewise enjoys not giving in to Alter, but at the same time knows that when she denies the corruption she also denies the power that could come with that same corruption. It's a fun little tug o' war between them that I have in my head.
Old 2010-08-30, 00:59   Link #77
Nerroth
NePoi!

In other news, I got a little... carried away with a figure photoset. Ahem.
Spoiler for Drift Extra (very pic-heavy!):

Last edited by Nerroth; 2010-08-30 at 01:19.
Nerroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-30, 12:26   Link #78
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerroth View Post
... Could this be considered a love story? It comes across as a love story as Saber dutifully searchers for her perfect chariot.

And I must say, the pictures really helped a lot. It took me a few minutes to get used to them, but once I did, they really complimented the writing well.
Old 2010-08-30, 16:42   Link #79
Moczo
"Hey, Isaac?"
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Moczo
Quote:
I*snip*
Snerk!

I approve! Lo, and behold, Saber Extra's hunt for a properly sword-wielding robot chariot... so silly, and yet the way it was displayed and the tone of the narrative made it seem somehow serious despite this. Very nice.
Moczo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-31, 21:46   Link #80
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

Quote:

Spoiler for Response:

Quote:
... Could this be considered a love story? It comes across as a love story as Saber dutifully searchers for her perfect chariot.
.... I can't stop laughing at this, it's not I'mt rying to antagonize/patronize, but I find the "A love story as Saber dutifully searches for her perfect chariot."...

...Is there a part two, Nerroth?
Arbitres is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
character, discussion, fanfiction