AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2009-10-18, 00:57   Link #17221
BPHaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alavon View Post
Okay... I originally was going to post this tomorrow but felt bad for BPHaru so here is part 4 of 6 from Animal Instincts: ch. 1

Previously on 'Animal Instincts' *snort*:

Animal Instincts: Preface

Animal Instincts: (1/6) Chapter 1: The Girl from the City

Animal Instincts: (2/6) Chapter 1: The Girl from the City

Animal Instincts: (3/6) Chapter 1: The Girl from the City

Spoiler for Part four of six (4/6) from Animal Instincts: Chapter 1:

Spoiler for Author's Notes:

And thank you Evil Rick for this beautiful signature! XD
Wow.
This is one of the bests 'first encounter' scenes I remember reading... right now I only can compare it with the one from "My Fate, Our Destiny" by smiggers (an excellent fic too). You really are transmitting a lot of feelings with this.

I can wait for the last 2 parts of the first chapter to be done so you can share it with the rest of the world ^^

By the way, I love your signature, the original image is just one of the most beautiful things I've seen. Thanks Evil Rick for making it.

About the Fishermen!Fate pic, it's just me or Fate is holding the fish like a guitar? The idea is funny xD Cute pic, though.

Cuídense y sigan sonriendo
BPHaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-18, 00:57   Link #17222
GlancingReverse

My lack of Triangle Heart knowledge makes me feel very happy about not having to bother trying to understand this particular subject.
GlancingReverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-18, 01:05   Link #17223
Nijiru

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlancingReverse View Post
My lack of Triangle Heart knowledge makes me feel very happy about not having to bother trying to understand this particular subject.
Hear hear!
Nijiru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-18, 01:05   Link #17224
Nita
Ñe~

.. Just how much I missed? I'm off for one day and i'm behind for like four pages already

@Alavon: Loved your new signature! I'm pretty much with Haru about you posting Animal Instincs on ff.net, gah, I love it already XD

Watcha lookin'?
Nita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-18, 01:10   Link #17225
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nijiru View Post
Hear hear!
But Triangle Hearts is awesome! D:
Old 2009-10-18, 01:13   Link #17226
Nijiru

If I knew where and how to get it in English, I'd look into it.
Nijiru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-18, 01:15   Link #17227
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Its like TVTropes said about it. Come for the Nanoha, stay for the plot.
Old 2009-10-18, 01:16   Link #17228
Nita
Ñe~

Quote:
It makes me feel bad, instead xD I feel that I'm missing so much just for not watching it. Maybe I should just sit and download it already @.@

Watcha lookin'?
Nita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-18, 01:44   Link #17229
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
If you want to see Kyouya and Miyuki kicking ass accompanied by awesome music by KOTOKO, Triangle Hearts is for you!
Old 2009-10-18, 01:45   Link #17230
itanshi1
Writer, Jester, MtG nerd

Send a message via AIM to itanshi1 Send a message via MSN to itanshi1
Ah yes, Kotoko's first work was triangle hearts ^^

Fear Anxiety Doubt is but a fad. The life of a fad depends entirely on the willingness to support it. Difficulty is a choice. Determination is a path. Your next great idea after your destination is the true goal.
itanshi1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-18, 01:53   Link #17231
deathcurse
Queen of Tragedy

Location: Place of rocks and trees, and trees and rocks...and water.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00-Raiser View Post
If you want to see Kyouya and Miyuki kicking ass accompanied by awesome music by KOTOKO, Triangle Hearts is for you!
Kyouya and Miyuki kicking ass....

....and music by KOTOKO....

I'M SO THERE! (or so there again, since I'm kinda already there )

Yes, watch the OVA Then you can visualize the Miyuki fighting scene from "Day in the Life" with real imagery
deathcurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-18, 01:54   Link #17232
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
It's worth watching, plus it's a short OVA at only three episodes.

It's weird to watch if you saw MGLN first, too.
Old 2009-10-18, 01:56   Link #17233
itanshi1
Writer, Jester, MtG nerd

Send a message via AIM to itanshi1 Send a message via MSN to itanshi1
Its on youtube fansubbed, do a search. ^_^

Fear Anxiety Doubt is but a fad. The life of a fad depends entirely on the willingness to support it. Difficulty is a choice. Determination is a path. Your next great idea after your destination is the true goal.
itanshi1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-18, 01:56   Link #17234
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
If only Ryoko Shiraishi voiced Miyuki in TH too...
Old 2009-10-18, 01:56   Link #17235
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
It's weird to watch if you saw MGLN first, too.
I watched it after watching MGLN and didn't find it weird at all.
Old 2009-10-18, 02:28   Link #17236
Jimmy C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezopenguin View Post
I hereby post the revised Chapter 21 of Stahlkonigin,
Great! Been waiting for this.

Quote:
I've changed the Jarentil backstory to a desire to form a world government to petition for TSAB membership and administered-world status.
Straightforward and shouldn't raise any further controversy. Satisfactory.

Quote:
Hopefully Force will get into this topic a little more, but that's neither here nor there.
Since Force seems to be about specific items and the people who carry it and maybe those who made it, I doubt it.

Quote:
It's no longer capable of OHKO-ing Cranagan, but I hope that it's still sufficiently scary.
You might be interested in adjusting this one a bit though.

Quote:
One Heimdall shot could obliterate an area with a three-kilometer radius, and they are capable of repeated fire, together with steady bombardment from its secondary weapons."
Total obliteration of an area 6km across is as neccessary to destroy something like the Cradle. However, secondary effects would be felt much further away. I wouldn't be suprised if it devastated everything within 30km of the detonation point. In short, one shot might not completely destroy Cranagan, but it would certainly render it non-functional as a city.
And speaking more of the Heimdall sats, perhaps it would good idea to order them to point their weapons away from the planet and shift into orbits that take the surface beyond their firing range? Anything that buys extra time should be used.

Quote:
One-sentence discussion of why scrying magic won't turn up the AMF "blank zone."
I'm not sure it's clear enough.

Quote:
Unfortunately, scrying magic won't work to find it due to the AMF; as I understand it the problem is that a scrying spell can't locate a 'blank area' unless you are looking for something within the AMF effect that the scryer knows is there but doesn't see.
The problem with this is, if you found the AMF, you've already narrowed down the search area to a small one.
On the other hand, if you haven't found the AMF, what would you see if the scrying spell passed over it? Would the scryer get a sensation that says, "I just passed over something I can't identify, although I have no trouble identifying the things around this area."?

Quote:
As a side note--Yuuno teleports Arf away in one of the original season episodes (7, I think, or maybe 5?) and it's remarked that it'll take time for her to get back, allowing Nanoha and Fate to have their fight...but why can't Arf, herself a user of teleport magic, just pop right back?
It was 5. I thought of a few things that might be able to hinder teleportation for your situation, but they were stymied by the fact that Yuuno quickly and safely teleported Arf out of the way in that scene (I think he wouldn't have done it if such fast-cast teleportation had a good chance of telefragging Arf) But I did not recall that nobody considered Arf teleporting back just as quickly. Yuuno may have set up an barrier to keep Arf out before going to engage her, but that episode was unique in that they dispensed with the usual "keep-normals-out" barrier.

All in all, good changes that deal with most of the problems in the previous draft.
Jimmy C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-18, 08:07   Link #17237
Riyuu.afjc
Clockwatching.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShinySword View Post
... I really hate when this happens.

There I am, minding my own business, and Satashi posts a video and I can't stop listening. Well after watching pretty Korean men use synchronized dance moves and snazzy tunes I couldn't hold it back.

Spoiler for Lyrical Boys Stage:

Spoiler for A/N:

Btw does anyone have any interest in this being continued?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Satashi View Post
@Shiny:
Spoiler for Lyrical Boy Stage's first music video:

*laughs evilly in the background*

Un-freakin'-believable.. hahahahahahaha...

well done well done *claps*
Riyuu.afjc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-18, 13:28   Link #17238
DezoPenguin
Beta by Accident
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
My lack of Triangle Heart knowledge makes me feel so left out of this particular subject. =/
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nijiru View Post
Hear hear!
While Triangle Hearts is excellent, and I so wish I'd gotten to see the game to see all about Shinobu and the Tsukimura family (though I could do without the H-scenes...), and the OVAs are great fun, and Kyouya and Miyuki get to be completely badass...

...the true problem here is that your lack of Triangle Hearts knowledge is actually keeping you from realizing that Triangle Hearts has nothing to do with the point I was making.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy C View Post
Since Force seems to be about specific items and the people who carry it and maybe those who made it, I doubt it.
Yeah, me too...I'm just hoping.

Quote:
Total obliteration of an area 6km across is as neccessary to destroy something like the Cradle. However, secondary effects would be felt much further away. I wouldn't be suprised if it devastated everything within 30km of the detonation point. In short, one shot might not completely destroy Cranagan, but it would certainly render it non-functional as a city.
There's a subtle point going on here, and it ties in with my stance on the "magic versus technology" debate--that there are no secondary effects outside the effect radius (note that I don't refer to it as a "blast radius") in terms of fallout, clouds of ash, etc., etc. Yes, obviously if the underpinnings of a structure are destroyed the rest of it's going to fall, if important parts of the infrastructure are obliterated the rest of the city will be affected and so on, but a magical strike doesn't do the same kind of secondary damage that conventional weaponry do (it's one reason why the TSAB uses them--magic is controllable in a way conventional means using "ordinary" physics are not).

Of course, if the reader disagrees, it actually makes the terrorists' threat more effective and dangerous, which better supports the effect I'm trying to produce with the story...a slight rephrasing to make the issue more ambiguous.

Quote:
The problem with this is, if you found the AMF, you've already narrowed down the search area to a small one.
On the other hand, if you haven't found the AMF, what would you see if the scrying spell passed over it? Would the scryer get a sensation that says, "I just passed over something I can't identify, although I have no trouble identifying the things around this area."?
I wish that I could take a couple of paragraphs to explain it, but the problem is there's no way to do it in the framework of the story.

Here's the way I see it: when we see scrying magic used in A's, a window opens up filled with a cloudy field. The scrying field will show what it is the caster is looking for: people, for example. What it doesn't show is everything else. For example, in Chapter 18, Vivio scanned the area to locate the various people within the building, and was able to identify their locations in real space with respect to each other and to her. But she had to have Parsifal map those to a plan because her scrying spell can't find the people and the building at the same time. It doesn't function like a remote-viewing camera, for example.

If there had been an AMF field within the building, it doesn't appear on the scrying spell as a blank spot where the magic doesn't penetrate. It just appears as somewhere where she doesn't find any results. Unless a person moves through the building, and enters the AMF area, they'll vanish from the results, which will tip off the scryer that something happened. But the AMF itself isn't detectable on its own; it can only be located by testing the environment around it and seeing where things they should be able to find no longer appear. And if you don't know what should be within the AMF (particularly since the Nest's AMF radius is not large), there's no practical way to conduct these kind of tests over the entire city at a rate of speed.
DezoPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-18, 13:32   Link #17239
Satashi
Vividly Vivio
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Satashi
Ugh...

I lost a whole section of what I wrote for Amber Dreams.

I'm skipping past that part and still writing, I should hopefully have it done soon so I can go back and re-write some parts... After that, its off to be reviewed by Dezo (love you), and beta read by... *sighs* Angel isn't available now due to her rotation. I'll try and bribe Dezo with home made fudge if he'll beta read it as well :3
Satashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-18, 13:34   Link #17240
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by DezoPenguin View Post
While Triangle Hearts is excellent, and I so wish I'd gotten to see the game to see all about Shinobu and the Tsukimura family (though I could do without the H-scenes...), and the OVAs are great fun, and Kyouya and Miyuki get to be completely badass....
Plus, you know, if by some chance you follow my story "Bless the Broken Road" it's kind of helpful to know about some small facts of Triangle Hearts since the whole story was inspired by the OVA and actually has characters from said OVA involved along with the main Nanoha cast.

Tags
authorshipping, befriending, fanfiction, interactive fanfiction, nanoha