AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Old 2010-06-22, 20:31   Link #4041
k//eternal
do you know ベアトリーチェ様?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tibba View Post
Haha~ I always get excited when I check the news page. The first think I see is the 100% under the EP5 header, and somehow I always think it's for EP6 and get all pumped up, only to realize I read it wrong. ._.
The numbers haven't been updated in a long time... but that doesn't mean we haven't been working hard

Just saying, so you don't keep refreshing that page or something.
k//eternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-23, 03:17   Link #4042
Racheya-sama
Witch of Ambition

Send a message via MSN to Racheya-sama
I check the WH website every day then end up coming here to check as well XD

I think it's strange, though, that I haven't heard anything about Ep 7 yet. I would have thought that the title of it would have been released by now...

Am I the only one that thinks saying
'Red only tells the truth', to prove that it does, is a bit redundant?

I am Racheya-Beatrice, the Emerald Witch of Ambition
Racheya-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-23, 07:10   Link #4043
moichispa
Endless witch

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racheya-sama View Post
I check the WH website every day then end up coming here to check as well XD

I think it's strange, though, that I haven't heard anything about Ep 7 yet. I would have thought that the title of it would have been released by now...
mm yes it seems a bit strange. I'm seeing rokkenjima dates and it seems new from the release of episode 6 was at the beginning of November and the title in the middle.

I think we must fear a not release in summer if there are no news at the middle of July

Last edited by moichispa; 2010-06-23 at 08:58.
moichispa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-23, 16:29   Link #4044
actawesome

Don't sweat it. I remember last year the portrait and news didn't come out until July 4th or 5th. And since professional companies like to keep on certain guidelines, I think we're all okay.
actawesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-23, 17:17   Link #4045
Leafsnail

Just to say, great work. The quality of the writing in the VNs is actually significantly better than those in several books I have bought (there weren't any mistakes that ruined the flow of a scene or the mood). Keep it up.

Also, I just found your advice for Linux users whose patches weren't working, heh.
Leafsnail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-24, 07:57   Link #4046
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Hmmm about Linux I have a question, just out of curiosity...

Since Linux is case sensitive isn't it a problem the fact that the game script doesn't bother with that?

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-24, 10:11   Link #4047
rogerpepitone

Send a message via Yahoo to rogerpepitone
Linux doesn't see the script directly. The fact that Linux filesystems are (usually) case-sensitive does matter, but ONScripter handles getting filename case correct.
rogerpepitone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-24, 11:02   Link #4048
chronotrig

Okay, I'd been planning to spend a full week translating after my finals for a while now. We've just gotten off our longest absence yet, and I was hoping for a boost in speed like the old EP1-EP2 translation, but, well...

On the first day, the rough for 'the first patch' was competed. In the week after that, I managed to finish the rough translation for a huge chunk of the game, which comes out to about 100,000 words and brings our percentage up to 70%.

In other words, there's no point in releasing a partial patch. The full translation will be finished by the end of next week, if not sooner. However, as we've said previously, editing is going to be a real time drain for this game, so there's a chance it'll take several weeks after that before we're ready for a release.

www.witch-hunt.com Theory page
chronotrig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-24, 11:06   Link #4049
TTR
受話器持って魔女・エアトリーチェ

Do your best WH~ We're all waiting for you~

*sniff sniff* I've been waiting so long, it feels good to finally have date to wait for! Just a few more weeks!
TTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-24, 11:32   Link #4050
moichispa
Endless witch

wow a full one thanks you so much with hunt you are best thing ever
Old 2010-06-24, 11:47   Link #4051
Thunder Book
Endless Member

On one hand it is cool to get the whole thing at once.

On the other the wait is longer and I'm continually being driven insane.

Must remain patient...

Oh well. It gives me time to finish Onikakushi-hen, Tales of Rebirth, and MGS: Peace Walker.
Thunder Book is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-24, 12:56   Link #4052
Witch of Uncertainty

Guys, I just bought Umineko ep 6, and having some real problems opening the game. I have installed it, and I run the .exe file with AppLocale, etc, but when I try to open the game; nothing happens. :/
Anyone knows what I can have done wrong?

Sorry if this should have been posted elsewhere. (  ゚,_ゝ゚)
Witch of Uncertainty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-24, 13:37   Link #4053
Lenyo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder Book View Post
On one hand it is cool to get the whole thing at once.

On the other the wait is longer and I'm continually being driven insane.
I honestly have to agree with this. I'm really glad we'll be getting the whole thing at once. I'm even happier that a lot of the game is essentially done. But I am a little saddened I have to wait a bit longer to start playing Ep6 properly. Haha
Lenyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-24, 13:42   Link #4054
chronotrig

Also, just to clarify a few points. We've been keeping quiet about this because we don't want to start any drama wars here, but it's only fair that the facts get out. I really hope that this is the last time I have to do this.

Spoiler for size:

www.witch-hunt.com Theory page
chronotrig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-24, 14:37   Link #4055
Shiro Kaisen

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronotrig View Post
Also, just to clarify a few points. We've been keeping quiet about this because we don't want to start any drama wars here, but it's only fair that the facts get out. I really hope that this is the last time I have to do this.

Spoiler for size:

I think we encountered a very major misunderstanding in the midst of those PMs, as often happens on the internet.

Spoiler:

I admit, we could have handled things better. I'm sorry for everything that happened, and I wish things hadn't turned out this way.
Shiro Kaisen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-24, 17:03   Link #4056
zorahk

I'd like to point out that it's really uneccessary to have two groups translating umineko.
zorahk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-25, 01:57   Link #4057
lesengirz
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by zorahk View Post
I'd like to point out that it's really uneccessary to have two groups translating umineko.
Pointless?

yes, it's a good way to say it, Not many VISUAL NOVELS/ SOUND NOVELS, Get Translataded, and it's such a pity.. having 2 groups on one it's kinda sad, it's been awhile since i have been wanted 2 o 3 VN Translated for me,
They are as good as any other you can mention and Very underated.

But well, what can we do..

Last edited by lesengirz; 2010-06-25 at 05:08.
lesengirz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-25, 02:46   Link #4058
Shiro Kaisen

Don't worry, guys. The drama has been resolved, and we've come to an understanding. No need to discuss this anymore.
Shiro Kaisen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-25, 04:13   Link #4059
Sir Andy Richter
Wuh?

Apologies, I haven't read the last few pages but:

The two patches idea for EP6 was scrapped with the recent burst in speed, I'm assuming?
Sir Andy Richter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-25, 04:36   Link #4060
Pika_power

What does an editor actually do? Is it just reading through to catch typos and the like? If so, would it speed up editing to release a beta version to the community for them to catch typos? Or do the editors rework entire paragraphs and the like?
Pika_power is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
translation