Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Monogatari Series

Notices

Old 2013-07-03, 17:55   Link #181
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
If it -is- being removed it means that Shaft isn't even half-finished animating the show, which is extremely worrisome.
No, that's pretty normal. The animation process for an episode takes months, but is staggered. At this point they're probably finalizing the script for the episodes in the second cour, and about to start the key animation, whereas the first episode or two are probably either in final editing or just finished that process. It'd be pretty unusual for any animation production company to be "half-finished" animating any two-cour show at this point in the cycle. If they made a decision to omit a later arc from the TV (perhaps keep it for the DVDs/BDs), that may only start filtering out now. The overall story planning and scripts/storyboards could even have already been completed.
Old 2013-07-03, 20:49   Link #182
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Where do these assumptions about character popularity come from anyway?

As for CR streaming a month late... well, it's no surprise to me, I never really expected them to improve in any way, shape or form At least this will motivate better translators and editors to provide those services we have to pretend that don't exist here

Oh! and it's rather unlikely that they will cut Hana- out NOW, it's SHAFT, so they might delay, put walls of text in front of those infamous black/red/white cuts or show stills or even resort to off-screen actions and dialogues while showing background art, but it's very unlikely that they will change the story in this manner now... it's way too late.
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-03, 21:19   Link #183
joshuafaramir
Book Elitist

I'm a little bit confused here. SHAFT'S doing a 2-cour series for Monogatari AFTER Nisemono right?
Old 2013-07-03, 23:13   Link #184
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuafaramir View Post
I'm a little bit confused here. SHAFT'S doing a 2-cour series for Monogatari AFTER Nisemono right?
You can think of it as the sequel to Nekomonogatari (Black), which followed Nisemonogatari. The first story will be Nekomonogatari (White), and others will follow.
Old 2013-07-04, 01:38   Link #185
SQA

If CR is going to be streaming a month late, is it possible that CR is going to get the "corrected animation" versions of the episodes? That could make for a wacky reality in the latter parts of the series, when the temp animation is in the TV version.
SQA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-04, 01:43   Link #186
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SQA View Post
If CR is going to be streaming a month late, is it possible that CR is going to get the "corrected animation" versions of the episodes? That could make for a wacky reality in the latter parts of the series, when the temp animation is in the TV version.
It's not impossible, but the only real reason they're getting it a "month late" is because new streaming site Daisuki has a one-month "head start". I'm expecting that Crunchyroll will probably end up with the very same source material (and perhaps even the same translation script), just one month after Daisuki's "premiere".
Old 2013-07-04, 03:15   Link #187
Shikijin

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
You can think of it as the sequel to Nekomonogatari (Black), which followed Nisemonogatari. The first story will be Nekomonogatari (White), and others will follow.
Technically, Nekomonogatari (Black) is a prequel to Bakemonogatari. Nekomonogatari (White) is chronologically placed after Nisemonogatari.
Shikijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-04, 03:19   Link #188
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikijin View Post
Technically, Nekomonogatari (Black) is a prequel to Bakemonogatari. Nekomonogatari (White) is chronologically placed after Nisemonogatari.
Yes, I know, but I mean from the perspective of the order in which he's expected to watch the anime.
Old 2013-07-04, 03:58   Link #189
LuxorMG
ItadakiMAKO

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
It's not impossible, but the only real reason they're getting it a "month late" is because new streaming site Daisuki has a one-month "head start". I'm expecting that Crunchyroll will probably end up with the very same source material (and perhaps even the same translation script), just one month after Daisuki's "premiere".
You know, I only found out about Daisuki from an APforums thread earlier today. They only had a few shows (and of those, only a few episodes each)... so they're going the simulcast route without the backseries? I guess I'll have to watch the rest of Bakemonogatari on CR.
Old 2013-07-04, 07:48   Link #190
ultimate_noob
Skwid Fan

Sorry for the awfully late reply. Here are the links from where I saw that hana is gone.

http://www.monogatari-series.com/2nd...ory/index.html

http://www.aniplexusa.com/monogatarisecondseason/

I still hope it is a mistake or something like shaft editors/colorists fucked up some frames but still fixable.
ultimate_noob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-04, 08:23   Link #191
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

There's no news about the last-minute change either. Hmm.
I don't want to act like Hana is doomed, but we'll have to wait for any official news about Hana's imminent fate.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-04, 08:43   Link #192
Daniel Lind
ロック・オン!

Maybe Hana is not licensed for America for some reason?
Would be extremely weird.
Daniel Lind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-04, 09:46   Link #193
mugimugi
bwaka

Don't worry, they added it an hour ago

http://www.monogatari-series.com/2nd...ory/index.html

Was just a mistake.
mugimugi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-04, 22:59   Link #194
articuzwolf
Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

well, that's a very good news

glad they didn't just throw it away and bundle it with BD/DVD as a bonus
Old 2013-07-05, 06:22   Link #195
ultimate_noob
Skwid Fan

Welp. Japanese blog sites and 2ch are buying the rumors that hana will be an ova, the five remaining stories will be 5 eps each that will stretch to 25 eps, hana is also not being offered in bluray (yet) on the official website.

Goodbye kanbaru. Nice knowing you...
Old 2013-07-05, 06:22   Link #196
ChronoX

http://yaraon.blog109.fc2.com/blog-entry-17235.html

Looks like they are animating 5 of the books in the 2 cours, and then afterwards showing Hanamonogatari in some other way.
ChronoX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-05, 06:38   Link #197
Romanticide

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimate_noob View Post
Welp. Japanese blog sites and 2ch are buying the rumors that hana will be an ova, the five remaining stories will be 5 eps each that will stretch to 25 eps, hana is also not being offered in bluray (yet) on the official website.

Goodbye kanbaru. Nice knowing you...
those are still just rumors, and it's supposed to be 26 episodes this season....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronoX View Post
http://yaraon.blog109.fc2.com/blog-entry-17235.html

Looks like they are animating 5 of the books in the 2 cours, and then afterwards showing Hanamonogatari in some other way.
they wouldn't have bothered to fix the site then....i'll have to look at the source closer when i get off work...
Romanticide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-05, 06:51   Link #198
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

I guess if Hana really is separate from the original 2 cours then it's good in the sense that each arc gets more episodes (even if it's one). Kanbaru is such a sad existence in the series, every other girl has some sort of cliche appeal but her.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-05, 06:59   Link #199
ultimate_noob
Skwid Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romanticide View Post
those are still just rumors, and it's supposed to be 26 episodes this season....
HAHA if hana is getting shafted out, then the "second season 26 episode 2-cour" thing is getting more than 26 episodes on a 2-cour span. If that makes some sense at all....
Old 2013-07-05, 07:10   Link #200
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Personally I'll rather have Hana be placed where it was in the published order and have Koi be the one that gets shafted.

There are a lot of questions that Hana raises so having it placed last might ruin the experience.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote