AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2007-09-30, 15:32   Link #561
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

I fail to understand what is so horrible about the adult Movic Fate. Regardless, as long as It's Fate, then I will willingly continue to pay for them.

In other new: Megami Vol. 90 has some nice posters from Nanoha.
http://heiseidemocracy.com/wp-conten...egami90/12.jpg
http://heiseidemocracy.com/wp-conten...egami90/13.jpg
http://heiseidemocracy.com/wp-conten...egami90/28.jpg
http://heiseidemocracy.com/wp-conten...egami90/27.jpg
Old 2007-09-30, 19:12   Link #562
XiaoWei
Otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demi. View Post
I fail to understand what is so horrible about the adult Movic Fate. Regardless, as long as It's Fate, then I will willingly continue to pay for them.

Well as a figurine collector i thk that movic is not good at making figurines, and this time the fate really is horrible, same with the strikers nanoha version, but i do hope there is a figurine of hayate from companies like ALTER, GOODSMILE or MAXFACTORY

Well ya this month's Megami Magazine has alot of nice posters, besides nanoha strikers... Off searching for the magazine..
XiaoWei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-30, 19:47   Link #563
arkxkra
全力全開

Quote:
Originally Posted by XiaoWei View Post
Well as a figurine collector i thk that movic is not good at making figurines, and this time the fate really is horrible, same with the strikers nanoha version, but i do hope there is a figurine of hayate from companies like ALTER, GOODSMILE or MAXFACTORY

Well ya this month's Megami Magazine has alot of nice posters, besides nanoha strikers... Off searching for the magazine..
oh ya, totally agree, i waiting the Figma Nanoha, and also hope alter, goodsmile or max will release some
Old 2007-09-30, 21:03   Link #564
LionsMane
Courageous Guardian

Send a message via AIM to LionsMane
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demi. View Post

My problem with the Movic Fate is pretty much just how they chose to do her face. I'd rather wait around to see if they'll be some other Fate releases...
LionsMane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-05, 02:07   Link #565
Tenkaichi
Resign to your Fate...

Send a message via AIM to Tenkaichi
Quote:
Originally Posted by LionsMane View Post
My problem with the Movic Fate is pretty much just how they chose to do her face. I'd rather wait around to see if they'll be some other Fate releases...
Seconded. Just because the normal art elongates the face and such doesn't mean the figures have to imitate it. Something about the Subaru figure could also be better. That said, is there something that supports the Subaru figure (standing)? I see on HLJ's that there's a block behind her in one picture but yeah...

Courtesy of Ultima_Rasengan05
Tenkaichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-05, 10:55   Link #566
selkirk
***y translator
*Scanlator

Nanoha wargame

Quote:
Originally Posted by selkirk View Post
Work in Progress

Preview 2...

Yep, so I'm working on a Nanoha miniature wargame doujin rulebook. Mechanics are just about finalized, and I've written about 4000 words so far. I'm guessing a completely finalized version will be about 25k-30k words, and about 40-50 A5 pages or so. Of course, at the rate I work at, it'll probably be done in ten years or so, unless I get some help... hint hint .

Spoiler for simple overview of mechanics:
Spoiler for So what do I need help with?:
Old 2007-10-05, 11:32   Link #567
arkxkra
全力全開

erm, anyone have any idea where can get this product(card) from any on9 store(ship international)???
Nanoha SS Card OCT 05 on sale. It also have advertise on the Megami Magazine NOV Issue (VOL.90).
something like this
Old 2007-10-05, 13:58   Link #568
lightl

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkxkra View Post
erm, anyone have any idea where can get this product(card) from any on9 store(ship international)???
Nanoha SS Card OCT 05 on sale. It also have advertise on the Megami Magazine NOV Issue (VOL.90).
something like this
well HLJ has it listed but they are low on stock http://www.hlj.com/product/BRC04393
they do ship international
lightl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-05, 20:44   Link #569
arkxkra
全力全開

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightl View Post
well HLJ has it listed but they are low on stock http://www.hlj.com/product/BRC04393
they do ship international
oh thx, low stock now, hope can get it, they on holiday so no reply yet, waiting them to confirm...
Old 2007-10-05, 21:42   Link #570
Julius Firefocht

Quote:
Originally Posted by selkirk View Post
Preview 2...

Yep, so I'm working on a Nanoha miniature wargame doujin rulebook. Mechanics are just about finalized, and I've written about 4000 words so far. I'm guessing a completely finalized version will be about 25k-30k words, and about 40-50 A5 pages or so. Of course, at the rate I work at, it'll probably be done in ten years or so, unless I get some help... hint hint .

Spoiler for simple overview of mechanics:
Spoiler for So what do I need help with?:
You know, it might be easier to simply adapt the Warhammer 40K game system for this, like what I am doing. I have only taken a few steps along that path myself, but I like what I am seeing on your design. A few points to note though:

- What is the scale of your miniatures? You need to decide on that if you intend to include terrain and other effects in your game.

- Is the game too complicated? As in, do people really want to go through the trouble of creating a character or do they prefer to use existing characters? Which leads me to....

- Game balance. Create a system that is too customizable, and you create more ways for people to break it. The effect is cumulative, for example if you let players customize their characters in two ways, there will be at least four methods to break your system. Right now your characters are customizable in seven ways, that is a potential whopping 49 methods to break the system.

This number is supposed to go down as you playtest the system for bugs, but as of now this is the situation.

- Is there a way for players to easily use armies of normal mages rather than using only a small group of uber-powerful mages (Nanoha, Fate, Hayate) in one force? Hint: Consider the squad system used in Warhammer 40K and Warmachine.

I design board/tabletop games as a part-time job, but I consider myself a rookie designer with a long and steep path ahead of me. As a designer it is important to keep an open mind, therefore consider these advices, but always believe in yourself. Feel free to get back to me if you have any questions, you have my support for this project, and I will help out where I am able.

Though I might not have much time left thanks to my actual job, my design work and my wargaming and anime.
Rightousness is our Shield, Faith our armour and Hatred our weapon.
Aye, we are indeed the Angels of Death.
~~~~~

Blog featuring anime, manga, seiyuus, tabletop wargames (WH40K) and everything in between: http://nk-ds.org/
Julius Firefocht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-06, 00:48   Link #571
selkirk
***y translator
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julius Firefocht View Post
You know, it might be easier to simply adapt the Warhammer 40K game system for this, like what I am doing. I have only taken a few steps along that path myself, but I like what I am seeing on your design. A few points to note though:
Yes, it'd be much easier, and not too difficult to do, but is there really any game system that could be used to replicate what we see in Nanoha? Not some other game's system with some Nanoha characters adapted to use those rules, but an actual Nanoha game that uses rules similar to what you would find in the Nanohaverse? IMHO, no, so I have been keeping the game system as original as possible.

Quote:
- What is the scale of your miniatures? You need to decide on that if you intend to include terrain and other effects in your game.
I've thought of designing it as a free placement type of game, but that has a number of problems; first of all it would be much more complex than a grid-based map (and hence less accessible to a typical non-wargaming anime fan), and two, there's the problem that Nanoha miniatures don't actually exist . So, I've been mostly thinking of keeping it to a grid (hex) map using character token placeholders or similar (which don't look as bad on a hex map, compared to an actual wargame battlefield), but it should be easily convertible to either method. In a free form map, I'd probably aim for approximately 1:40 (slightly larger than Warhammer), so a typical miniature would be a bit under two inches in height. Considering the smaller scale of battle compared to Warhammer, it makes sense to use slightly larger figures, and relatively shorter distances.

Quote:
- Is the game too complicated? As in, do people really want to go through the trouble of creating a character or do they prefer to use existing characters? Which leads me to....

- Game balance. Create a system that is too customizable, and you create more ways for people to break it. The effect is cumulative, for example if you let players customize their characters in two ways, there will be at least four methods to break your system. Right now your characters are customizable in seven ways, that is a potential whopping 49 methods to break the system.

This number is supposed to go down as you playtest the system for bugs, but as of now this is the situation.
Like you said, it's hard to know before real playtesting is viable. I've done small-scale simulations of the mechanics, and it works fairly smoothly and quickly as well if you know what you're doing. Granted, I'm just about the only person completely familiar with the system, but it's actually fairly simple IMHO. In terms of actual customization, the value of the stats, which are all almost equally important, is by and large the most important; the others, such as mage rank (mostly just used to determine base abilities and cost), equipment (somewhat optional), skills (quite optional), spells, etc. are used in conjunction with the stats. So, in essence, there really are only two things to customize, stats and spells.

Quote:
- Is there a way for players to easily use armies of normal mages rather than using only a small group of uber-powerful mages (Nanoha, Fate, Hayate) in one force? Hint: Consider the squad system used in Warhammer 40K and Warmachine.
That's one of the goals I have in mind, even if the main focus will be more on powerful solitary units. The rules I have in mind would mostly be used for D~C ranked mages, drones, and similar redshirts. The main difference they would have from normal units is that the stack would share a Fatigue value, and have a slightly modified health system (no more cumulative damage, either it's dead or it's not). For normal units, these two values are the only thing you really need to keep track of, so by combining them for a squad, using a squad is essentially the same as controlling a single normal unit. An advantage of squads is the larger number of attacks/actions, which could still damage powerful mages just by chance, even if 1-on-1 the weak unit would never have a chance of getting through the powerful unit's defenses.
  • Fatigue system
  • I'd rather the game not have a rather unrealistic my-turn-your-turn system typical in most wargames such as Warhammer, so this fatigue system is used instead. This allows each unit, on any player's side, to act in an interweaving manner, without any complex calculations or token counting needed.
    • One d6 is used to keep track of fatigue.
    • Each unit has a number of "fatigue slots" they can use. More powerful/high endurance mages will be able to use more slots.
    • Each "fatigue point" you sustain moves the die one slot over on the character sheet, up to the number of slots you can use.
    • After reaching the end, the number on the die is increased by one.
    • So, basically, powerful mages will gain fatigue slower, since they have more slots to use, and hence more possible actions before the die value is moved up.
    • Whichever unit has the lowest die value will have the initiative to act. A simple glance around the board should be more than sufficient to determine who gets to move next, since there're only the values between 1-6.
    • Out of turn actions will probably include automatic resting (to remove fatigue), charging, and activating automatic defenses (when attacked, etc.).
Quote:
I design board/tabletop games as a part-time job, but I consider myself a rookie designer with a long and steep path ahead of me. As a designer it is important to keep an open mind, therefore consider these advices, but always believe in yourself. Feel free to get back to me if you have any questions, you have my support for this project, and I will help out where I am able.

Though I might not have much time left thanks to my actual job, my design work and my wargaming and anime.
I have also been designing board/tabletop games for a number of years, but more as a hobby than anything I'll ever actually make any money off of.
This is the largest project I've ever taken up, but I do intend to finish it up eventually. Anyways, it's nice to see someone else up to discussing the mechanics in detail .
Old 2007-10-13, 12:38   Link #572
BBM

Selkirk, it looks nice, have you thought about device construction rules?
BBM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-15, 04:36   Link #573
selkirk
***y translator
*Scanlator

Yeah. Only fairly simple rules though.
  • Devices
  • Five (?) base devices (different costs for each, tentative)
    • Storage Device (Cost: 3)
      • +max mana
    • Intelligent Device (Cost: 5)
      • +1 array size
    • Armed Device (Cost: 4)
      • +1 power at short/medium range
    • (?) Boost Device
    • (?) Unison Device
  • Then, each device can have a number of upgrades, such as:
    • Cartridge System (+3, +1 per cartridge): +3 power for one spell per cartridge used
    • Melee Form (+2): Bonus melee damage / control
    • Storage memory (+2 per rank): increases available spell slots
    • etc.
  • Barrier Jackets
  • Is there really a difference between Barrier Jackets and Knight Armor/Knight's Garb? No differences that I can see, so for now protective gear just have upgrades, and no base differences.
    • Reactor Parts: Sacrifice a Barrier die to fully stop one A-ranked or below attack. (A's DVD 1)
    • Auto-Repair: Automatically heals non-permanent damage when active
    • Auto-Guard: Automatically casts a preset defensive spell when attacked
    • Jacket Purge: Gain initiative, large penalty to defenses.
    • Output Limiter: Reduces total cost, penalty to control/power
    • etc.
Costs are added to any costs from Character Creation, and an average B~A rank should end up being about 75 points or so.

Most real custom devices would depend on the creator to make them balanced, but there will be some rough guidelines.
Spoiler for sample custom device ideas:
Old 2007-10-15, 17:17   Link #574
narmi
The Asian who's Malaysian

Wow.... I can't wait to see this "project" done.

http://www.nanofate.us/ NanoFate main website Weiss Schwarz Facebook Group - Deck theme: MSLN Nanoha
narmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-21, 03:59   Link #575
Thany
Unfair

Speaking of games, I dunno if it was mentioned already, but there's apparently a fighting dojin game being made by fly-system. (second page is worksafe as long as you don't go into the pandadanpa site)
Old 2007-10-21, 20:51   Link #576
RandomOrder
Fight!

Does anyone know where I can get Newtype(OCT 2007), the one that has the nice Nanoha StrikerS poster, for a reasonable price? I've tried YesAsia and Ebay but couldn't find it. I don't do online shopping very often, but I really want to get that poster. Thank you very much!
RandomOrder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-22, 01:12   Link #577
arkxkra
全力全開

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomOrder View Post
Does anyone know where I can get Newtype(OCT 2007), the one that has the nice Nanoha StrikerS poster, for a reasonable price? I've tried YesAsia and Ebay but couldn't find it. I don't do online shopping very often, but I really want to get that poster. Thank you very much!
you can try Jlist...
Old 2007-10-22, 13:48   Link #578
narmi
The Asian who's Malaysian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thany View Post
Speaking of games, I dunno if it was mentioned already, but there's apparently a fighting dojin game being made by fly-system. (second page is worksafe as long as you don't go into the pandadanpa site)
The game was already mentioned in the Nanoha Image board at around page 520. I can't wait to get that game and hopefully they will have a "story mode" in the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkxkra View Post
you can try Jlist...
Hahah Jlist , one of the best websites if you want to get something from Japan.

http://www.nanofate.us/ NanoFate main website Weiss Schwarz Facebook Group - Deck theme: MSLN Nanoha
narmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-25, 12:16   Link #579
BBM

Does anyone know if there is a Rein figurine?
BBM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-25, 19:07   Link #580
lightl

dont know if anyone posted but in case anyone wondering the 2 Id cards that came with volume 4 are Ginga Nakajima and Erio Mondial and the poster is Subaru
Oh arkxkra did you end up getting the Nanaoha cards and what one did you get ?
lightl is offline   Reply With Quote