AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-06-15, 08:56   Link #4041
ZeroIchiNi

Send a message via AIM to ZeroIchiNi
Quote:
Originally Posted by VezSketch View Post
What sound stage was that?

And this is what I'm talking about.
The very first one
Old 2012-06-16, 10:33   Link #4042
VezSketch

Nothing in regards to this? I'm assuming it's accurate. Fate was able to suppress a hay-wiring jewel seed and resist its effects. Presea also activated nine jewel seeds at once without any adverse effects to herself. Jewel seeds do funky stuff, as we know.
Old 2012-06-16, 10:40   Link #4043
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
Quote:
Originally Posted by VezSketch View Post
Nothing in regards to this? I'm assuming it's accurate. Fate was able to suppress a hay-wiring jewel seed and resist its effects. Presea also activated nine jewel seeds at once without any adverse effects to herself. Jewel seeds do funky stuff, as we know.
First time I ever saw that.

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.
Old 2012-06-16, 22:32   Link #4044
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Sounds like a standard "This is a dangerous magic thing that could do bad stuff to you if you're not careful" type of item. I'm guessing it was partially why Arf screamed in fear when Fate went to suppress one with her hands.

Precia, being a learned mage and presumably researched the seeds, probably knew how to activate them safely, and channel their power, using them as an energy source. Still probably some danger, but she was long past caring.

Remember also, that when Yuuno was giving that warning, he hadn't actually used the seeds, nor probably researched them much. He just found them in a dig and sent them off. Anything he knows about them, he probably read on tablets or in carvings around the dig site. In short, he was at least taking the warnings seriously, as in a "this is what COULD happen" thing.

Just a few thoughts of mine. Take it for however you will.
Old 2012-06-16, 23:08   Link #4045
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Also Precia's 9 seeds were sealed beforehand, which may account for the (relatively) safer activation. She also didn't use her hands to activate them, unlike most people over the series.
Old 2012-06-17, 09:25   Link #4046
VezSketch

Pretty much every time a Jewel Seed activates, it does something funky. Activating them with your hands wouldn't matter. Jewel Seeds merge with others and transform them into a monster including even water and lightning, possess others mentally and physically, etc.
Old 2012-06-17, 12:22   Link #4047
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
What does the Modern Belka (Belka/Mid hybrid) look like?
Old 2012-06-17, 12:26   Link #4048
Koveras Alvane
Mastermind Rational
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to Koveras Alvane Send a message via MSN to Koveras Alvane
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhl88 View Post
What does the Modern Belka (Belka/Mid hybrid) look like?
Modern Belka and Belka/Mid hybrid are essentially the same thing: Modern Belka = you emulate Belkan style using Mid-Childan basics, Belka-Mid hybrid = you emulate Mid-Childan style using Belkan basics. AFAIK Vivio is the only one who does the latter.
Old 2012-06-17, 12:33   Link #4049
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koveras Alvane View Post
Modern Belka and Belka/Mid hybrid are essentially the same thing: Modern Belka = you emulate Belkan style using Mid-Childan basics, Belka-Mid hybrid = you emulate Mid-Childan style using Belkan basics. AFAIK Vivio is the only one who does the latter.
Gah I forgot to write circle.

So Modern Belka = Erio (high powered attacks + some long range attacks)
Belka-Mid = melee + little to no long range spells and speed enhancement?
Old 2012-06-17, 12:35   Link #4050
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

I tought Hayate is mentioned to be a Belka-Mid hybrid mage. This is further evidences by spells with german names but mid-circles executed by a combination of her Schwertkreuz and the Tome of the Night Sky

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Old 2012-06-17, 12:46   Link #4051
Koveras Alvane
Mastermind Rational
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to Koveras Alvane Send a message via MSN to Koveras Alvane
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhl88 View Post
Gah I forgot to write circle.
IIRC Vivio has a circle. But I can be wrong.

Quote:
Belka-Mid = melee + little to no long range spells and speed enhancement?
It's difficult to say, seeing how we only have one practitioner to observe...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
I tought Hayate is mentioned to be a Belka-Mid hybrid mage. This is further evidences by spells with german names but mid-circles executed by a combination of her Schwertkreuz and the Tome of the Night Sky
Nah, Hayate is Ancient Belkan: her entire magic comes from Reinforce. However, her Tome of the Night Sky allows her to copy and reproduce an arbitrary number of any spells, Mid-Childan included (just like Eins did in A's). Also, that one time when she manifested a Mid-Childan circle was because she only powered the spell (Ragnarok, I think), while Long Arch calculated it.
Old 2012-06-17, 12:48   Link #4052
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Vivio uses a Belkan triangle with her spells in ViVid. Case in point her first adult mode transformation in chapter 1.

As for Hayate, Ragnarok was only used in A's, so no Long Arch support there. Still had a Mid-Childan circle beneath her and a Belkan triangle in front of her when she used it.

The Hresvelgr spell had a Belkan triangle beneath her and several Mid-Childan circles in front of her. That one had Long Arch's firing support.
Old 2012-06-17, 12:49   Link #4053
Koveras Alvane
Mastermind Rational
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Vivio uses a Belkan triangle with her spells in ViVid. Case in point her first adult mode transformation in chapter 1.
Ah, OK. Another argument in favor that Modern Belka and Belka-Mid hybrid are functionally the same...

Quote:
As for Hayate, Ragnarok was only used in A's, so no Long Arch support there. Still had a Mid-Childan circle beneath her and a Belkan triangle in front of her when she used it.
Was it Diabolic Emission, then? That one time in StrikerS, I think right after Vivio was introduced...
Old 2012-06-17, 12:52   Link #4054
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Ah, OK. Another argument in favor that Modern Belka and Belka-Mid hybrid are functionally the same...
I think Nanya's mentioned her using a Mid-Childan circle in Gears of Destiny, though. Not sure; never played it myself. Vivio uses Mid-Childan circles on her defensive shields, instead of the usual Belkan triangle, like Signum uses. Otherwise Vivio uses triangles.

EDIT: Sorry, kept editing on you while confirming my claims. Diabolic Emission in StrikerS still used a Belkan triangle.

Hayate's pretty switch like that--*shot*

Last edited by Rising Dragon; 2012-06-17 at 13:50.
Old 2012-06-17, 12:53   Link #4055
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Nah, Hayate is Ancient Belkan: her entire magic comes from Reinforce. However, her Tome of the Night Sky allows her to copy and reproduce an arbitrary number of any spells, Mid-Childan included (just like Eins did in A's). Also, that one time when she manifested a Mid-Childan circle was because she only powered the spell (Ragnarok, I think), while Long Arch calculated it.
She's called a "Mage" instead of a Knight which is rare considering that even passive casters like Shamal are also called Knights. Part of why makes the Schertkrews imitations to fall appart into pieces was the difficult to find a device who could suit Hayate's rare brand of magic (also probably the reason as of why she's the only one without upgrades/replacements in Force so far). And Ragnarok isn't the only spell she uses while combining systems.

Hręsvelgr and Heimdall both uses english arias and the execution seems to include elements of Mid-Childan magic. Heimdall even goes to the height of call for the "Phalanx Shift" variation who is originally used by Fate. A pure Mid-Childan mage.

By the way, the Tome of the Night Sky Hayate uses now is just a nerfed imitation of the original who lacks the ability to copy spells, so that's also doesn't work aas an excuse xD

~The ASFB~
Old 2012-06-17, 12:55   Link #4056
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

IIRC, the Devices that Hayate kept getting melted down due to the sheer level of power she had, not the unique brand. That said, the magical data isn't in her new Tome of the Night Sky, it's inside Hayate herself, which is why she retained the spells. Presumably Hayate still has the ability to use the spells given to her by A's' events.
Old 2012-06-17, 13:01   Link #4057
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Presumably Hayate still has the ability to use the spells given to her by A's' events.
The key word being presumably, to date, she never has used any of the spells copied during A's, neither form Nanoha team nor her knights. The only ones she re-used where those original to Reinforce (Diabolic Emission), the thing that sticks out about her is the fact cxhe seems to be able to learn and use spells from both systems or even combine aspects of those into other spells. In Forced she uses Holding Net with is also a Mid-Childan spell. Hayate can cast both circles and triangles, Ragnarok seems to combine both. As you said, the fuse of her core with Reinforce's seems to have left an effect on her but i doubt is the one to copy spells, otherwise she won't be stuck as a Glass Cannon with all the miryad of possibilities such an ability could bring to her.

~The ASFB~
Old 2012-06-17, 13:05   Link #4058
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

However, her lack of depiction using them is probably to showcase the spells she has that are unique from Nanoha and Fate's rather than she just no longer has them. We already know it's relatively easy to learn another person's spells, as we saw with Nanoha curbstomping Teana with Teana's own Crossfire Shoot. It's unlikely that Hayate's forgotten those spells, but yes, it hasn't been confirmed.
Old 2012-06-17, 13:37   Link #4059
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:

The Hresvelgr spell had a Belkan triangle beneath her and several Mid-Childan circles in front of her. That one had Long Arch's firing support.
It should be noted that Hayate said she usually required Rein's help with casting spells like that, and Long Arch fell in for her. Ragnarok Breaker may have been cast without Long Arch, but she was unisoned with Eins at the time.
Old 2012-06-17, 16:02   Link #4060
VezSketch

Is Hayate a glass cannon? That wouldn't much sense, given barrier and field defenses are what the barrier jacket is composed of and the magic at her disposal.
Closed Thread