AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > True Tears

Notices

View Poll Results: True Tears - Episode 5 Rating
Perfect 10 52 46.43%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 41 36.61%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 15 13.39%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 3.57%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 112. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-02-02, 05:50   Link #1
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

True Tears - Episode 5 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for True Tears, Episode 5.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
Spoiler Policy
  • Any spoiler that reveals future events, even under a spoiler tag, will be deleted.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    to locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.

REMINDER:

Please remember that True Tears has been licensed, hence the following posts are no longer allowed:
  • Asking where you can find True Tears downloads.
  • Providing links to True Tears downloads.
  • Discussing True Tears fansub groups (past or present).
  • Asking for help downloading True Tears.
  • Asking for playback help for True Tears episodes.
These rules applies to fansubs (in English or any other language) and raws alike.

You still are allowed to discuss the anime, that has not changed, but please remember to limit the discussion to the story.

I won't repeat this reminder on the future episodes' threads, but please keep it in mind. Thanks
Old 2008-02-02, 08:15   Link #2
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Um. Did it actually air yet? o.O
Is this one of those speculation thread. O.o
Old 2008-02-02, 08:44   Link #3
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cats View Post
Is this one of those speculation thread. O.o
Shhhh! you are no supposed airing! :P
Old 2008-02-02, 11:00   Link #4
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cats View Post
It airs at Sunday , 1:00 AM. Which would be 5 PM of Saturday in Europe or 8-11 AM in the US. I just create the thread a bit earlier.

p.s. Please don't rate an episode before it airs. Otherwise I'll need to close the poll until it's time, like it's done in other subforums.
Old 2008-02-02, 11:09   Link #5
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pellissier View Post
p.s. Please don't rate an episode before it airs. Otherwise I'll need to close the poll until it's time, like it's done in other subforums.
Eh...why not just close the poll anyway?
Old 2008-02-02, 11:09   Link #6
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pellissier View Post

I won't repeat this reminder on the future episodes' threads, but please keep it in mind. Thanks
Leave the reminder up there for at least few weeks Pelli. Besides, it makes the opening post almost as sexy as you.

Few more hours, and I get my True Tears fix. *rubs hands together in anticipation.*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascaloth View Post
Eh...why not just close the poll anyway?
You mean there are premature voters among the True Tears fans?
Old 2008-02-02, 11:18   Link #7
margafred
ლ(́◉◞౪◟ ◉ ლ )

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
Few more hours, and I get my True Tears fix. *rubs hands together in anticipation.*
Same here...

If somehow they cancel the airing for episode 5 today,i don't think i can stand another week to wait for episode 5 to be aired.My anticipation already reach its maximum level now.
Old 2008-02-02, 11:18   Link #8
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Quote:
Well, not exactly...what I'm saying is, instead of having to put in the extra effort of remembering which subforums require a closed poll before episode broadcast, and which ones don't, why not just close the poll for all subforums anyway? Saves brain power, if I may say so myself.
Old 2008-02-02, 11:25   Link #9
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
So...we will soon find out whether hiromi can keep up with her happy mood swing or if she will revert back to being depressed. I wish to see her smile for longer though.

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2008-02-02, 11:43   Link #10
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Quote:
Seems so.

Quote:
Well, not exactly...what I'm saying is, instead of having to put in the extra effort of remembering which subforums require a closed poll before episode broadcast, and which ones don't, why not just close the poll for all subforums anyway? Saves brain power, if I may say so myself.
It's not a matter of remembering or not. It's simply up to the mod who opens the thread. I haven't seen enough reasons yet to change my habit so far

monir in the post below states a lot of good reasons. I add that since I usually open a thread just a few hours before the episode airs, it shouldn't cause all that problems. And premature votes go more against the individual, than the community, imho.

And please, let this and monir's be the last posts on the matter. Further off topic comments will be deleted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by margafred View Post
Same here...

If somehow they cancel the airing for episode 5 today,i don't think i can stand another week to wait for episode 5 to be aired.My anticipation already reach its maximum level now.
Don't worry. Why should it be cancelled by the way? According to the normal schedule, it should have just finished airing.
Old 2008-02-02, 11:48   Link #11
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
lol.. I agree that it's a good idea, but then personal schedule gets in the way sometime. Say for instance I've closed a certain poll and wait for the episode to air at a certain time before I open the poll. The episode airs and I don't make it on time for whatever reason. It can be inconvenient for posters who have seen the episode and want to put their input on it. So the easy route is to create the poll when the thread is created and leave it open. Yes, it can be annoying when you see some folks voting on a poll without actually watching the episode, but those voters can also be ignored if the number they are posing is the very minimum.

edit: Oops! Just saw Pelli's post above. I promise this is the last post from me on this topic.
Old 2008-02-02, 12:29   Link #12
cloudninja

Traditionally this is not my favorite genre but this show is proving to be an exception. Can't wait to see what drama ensues. Having all 3 girls have significant parts in each episode makes it more exciting than other shows that focus primarily on one girl at a time. Makes it feel more like a competition as each girl makes moves and countermoves. Hiromi and Noe both don't know about Aiko yet while Aiko has seen but not personally met Hiromi and Noe. It will be interesting to see if things can hit an even higher gear once that happens.
Old 2008-02-02, 13:30   Link #13
pagan poor
Swayin' to the beat

Spoiler for Spoilers:
Old 2008-02-02, 13:31   Link #14
Samanosuke
Genma Killer

just saw episode 5 and I have to say...: so it begins .
Spoiler for episode 5:
Old 2008-02-02, 13:42   Link #15
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

That was quite possibly the best ending i've ever seen to a single episode.

Spoiler for Random fun moments from episode 06:
Old 2008-02-02, 13:46   Link #16
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep5:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2008-02-02, 13:47   Link #17
tun
lolwut
*Fansubber

Need episode 6 ASAP.
Old 2008-02-02, 13:50   Link #18
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Ohohoho ~~
Spoiler:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2008-02-02, 15:05   Link #19
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I spent the whole episode in a state of excruciating tension. I never knew what emotional high-wire act was going to come next, and which character's emotions were going turn in which way. And after a week of anticipation, this episode left me in a state of even greater anticipation for next week. No relief, lol.

Part of that feeling of tension and anticipation came from the actual plot events, but I think part of it was details of pacing. For instance the long pan up when Noe is coming on the second day, hoping to find Hiromi on the steps for lunch. We got: cooking the weiner-takos, pan up Noe to a sad face, pan up the steps to no Hiromi, all with a sad violin behind it.

It's pretty clear now that Hiromi likes Shin, if it wasn't before. He's pretty bold, going into her room when he knows (or should know) that his mother hates the thought. He probably feels able to because he has, at least in a shallow way, given Hiromi up. But she: "He finally comes into my room, and to say that!?"

I loved the idea of the same scene being repeated from two points of view, but I didn't get a huge kick from it because there didn't seem to be much more info in the second run-through. The friend's e-mail said that she would support Hiromi in trying to get closer to Jun.

Personally, I am frustrated by Shin's apparent inability to see the glorious Noe "in that way." At least he has reached the stage of thinking of her as "not a bad kid."

Jun is masculine and dangerous, but perhaps not in a bad way. We'll see, it appears, next week. "Sure I'll go out with her. She's cute, and I want you to date my sister."

I didn't see any drop in animation quality, but this was the second episode to be done mainly in Korea, directed by a Korean, and with a Korean animation supervisor.

I didn't get why Noe licked him. Her apparent surprise at his shock was inexplicable to me.

And let me join the chorus of praise for the great ending. A cliffhanger with emotional depth.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2008-02-02, 15:11   Link #20
cloudninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Spoiler for ep5:
Spoiler for about the spoiler above.:
Closed Thread