AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2011-01-16, 02:16   Link #161
desirebluesky
* ahaha.wav *

Send a message via MSN to desirebluesky
wait, really? i should specify that i mean cloning without causing any health defects and such. last time i checked there were issues with that but maybe i'm misinformed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4as View Post
As for Retinal scanning display, there is already a portable device available with that technology
i know, i meant the scale of the whole thing i found unbelievable. remember that there are no blind spots and the system was not tracking one person but all the people that can fit in there. but i even said it's technically posible.

Quote:
its just that success rate is very low, around 1.5% (which means for one good clone 99 suffer serious conditions).
that's exactly what i meant by impossible. maybe i should use the term 'succesful cloning'? would the sentece be right then??

Last edited by desirebluesky; 2011-01-16 at 02:35.
desirebluesky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-16, 05:16   Link #162
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4as View Post
Just as Kaisos Erranon said, cloning is already possible, its just that success rate is very low, around 1.5% (which means for one good clone 99 suffer serious conditions).
Wait, how is this even known? Human cloning is illegal worldwide.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-16, 05:57   Link #163
Polarem
Dango Digitizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by desirebluesky View Post
Quote:
As for Retinal scanning display, there is already a portable device available with that technology
i know, i meant the scale of the whole thing i found unbelievable. remember that there are no blind spots and the system was not tracking one person but all the people that can fit in there. but i even said it's technically posible.
I'm also wondering how much energy the Ever17 RSD system would require, if it ever became reality!

The earpieces can track everyone's head movements, but a separate system will be needed to track eye positions (I can keep my head still, yet move my eyes around). Then, they'd need to calculate what the display would look like for each person, which generators to use for each person, and maybe what direction the generators need to face. They'd also need to update the displays in real-time as people move around. Add sound volume/direction calculations into the mix. That's a very expensive system, in terms of computation power and electricity consumption.

A traditional hologram would be way way way cheaper, since only 1 holographic entity exists in the building.

But hey, it's a great story, so I won't complain

Quote:
Quote:
its just that success rate is very low, around 1.5% (which means for one good clone 99 suffer serious conditions).
that's exactly what i meant by impossible. maybe i should use the term 'succesful cloning'? would the sentece be right then??
Currently, cloning ANY species has a very high failure rate. It's still impossible to create a human or monkey clone; scientists managed to clone the first monkey embryos in 2007 and improved the technique in 2009, but none of the embryos could grow into mature monkeys.

Back to the topic; I should finish getting all my R11 Bad Endings.
Polarem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-16, 06:20   Link #164
4as
ForUs

Send a message via MSN to 4as
Quote:
Well, im just saying, we already have miniaturized version of RSD and there is still around 6 years to go. If you look at mobile phones, there were hardly any with colorful display in 2001 and 6 years later, in 2007, iphone had its premier. IMO out of all available technologies, this one is the most realistic in ever17 scenario.
4as is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-16, 13:46   Link #165
u43368
Disabled By Request

Spoiler for Ever17:

I'm surprised no one seems to care they have reality warping technology in 2011.
u43368 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-16, 14:28   Link #166
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kroni View Post
Spoiler for Ever17:

I'm surprised no one seems to care they have reality warping technology in 2011.
Spoiler for Minor Never7 Spoiler:

As for the reality warping technology, it's based around several real-life theories, isn't it? Sure, it sounds as unlikely as hell, but at least they try to make it sound like it's realistically possible.
GundamAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-16, 15:30   Link #167
VDZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamAce View Post
As for the reality warping technology, it's based around several real-life theories, isn't it? Sure, it sounds as unlikely as hell, but at least they try to make it sound like it's realistically possible.
Spoiler:

Yeah, that was pretty much the only part of Remember11 that I disliked. People have been complaining about the ending, but I think that part was by far the biggest troll in the entire story.

Anyways, one could argue that such technology has already been invented, but we just don't know about it yet.
VDZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-16, 15:45   Link #168
David Watts
Stay Free

Send a message via MSN to David Watts
I just want to know is it at least almost as good as Ever 17?
Old 2011-01-16, 15:54   Link #169
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Watts View Post
I just want to know is it at least almost as good as Ever 17?
Short answer: No.

Long answer: The actual game experience is pretty good for the most part, and there are some parts that I admit are better done than in Ever17, but overall, the payoff's not quite worth it in the end. In short, whereas in Ever17 virtually all the questions you had were answered by the end of the game, by the end of this one, you're left with more questions than answers. Sure, speculation and other guesswork have managed to solve quite a few of those questions, but there are some that will never be answered no matter what.
Old 2011-01-16, 16:18   Link #170
David Watts
Stay Free

Send a message via MSN to David Watts
oh thats a shame
Well as long as its good ill still play it
Old 2011-01-16, 18:38   Link #171
VDZ

I actually disagree with GundamAce on this one, but I'm in the minority. Although it's similar to Ever17, it's also different in various ways. And whether or not those differences are a good thing is debatable...I liked the differences, but many people think it's strictly inferior to Ever17 because of the largest difference (the ending).
Old 2011-01-16, 21:13   Link #172
desirebluesky
* ahaha.wav *

Send a message via MSN to desirebluesky
i'd say the ending and concept are inferior (well the concept is a matter of taste though), but the actual execution is superior. also if you found Takeshi's routes boring you may find R11 superior, there's something happening all the time since the beggining. you don't have to wait till the last day for drama to start.
i actually found R11 better, but it's kinda hard to say since they're so different.
and the music and art deffinitely improved, though there are no super-awesome tracks like "Karma".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Wait, how is this even known? Human cloning is illegal worldwide.
i think he meant cloning mammals in general. if you can't clone a monkey you likely wouldn't be able to clone a human. it's easy to say that success rate would be the same or lower than that of primates cloning.

Last edited by desirebluesky; 2011-01-16 at 21:26.
desirebluesky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-17, 01:19   Link #173
Polarem
Dango Digitizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamAce View Post
And now that January 17th has come, I figure it's time to reveal this game's True Ending, the one Takumi Nakazawa wrote but never got to implement! Here it is, people!
Lol, good job GundamAce... you got my hopes up there!
Polarem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-17, 03:36   Link #174
u43368
Disabled By Request

Quote:
this Satoru CG.
Where the hell does this cg come from? Haven't seen it either but I haven't got all the bad ends. (youtube'd most of them, scrolling is a waste of time).

I personally liked R11 more than E17. I just wish the end wasn't so derpherp. And the cliche " scene switch before character reveals something important" got a bit annoying... especially when they leave that important info in the TIPS.

They should do a remake or something.

Quote:
Spoiler for r11:
I didn't get that either.
u43368 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-17, 05:39   Link #175
VDZ

Quote:
i actually found R11 better, but it's kinda hard to say since they're so different.
and the music and art deffinitely improved, though there are no super-awesome tracks like "Karma".
Will -Theme- and Self disagree with you here.

Quote:
Where the hell does this cg come from? Haven't seen it either but I haven't got all the bad ends. (youtube'd most of them, scrolling is a waste of time).
Halfway through Satoru's route somewhere. It's one of two variations of that scene, depending on your choices. Not vital to the plot.

Quote:
I didn't get that either.
That's because there was nothing to get.
Spoiler:
Old 2011-01-18, 00:16   Link #176
cloudscream

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDZ View Post
Spoiler:
This is where the FI in SCI-FI comes in. All that was said was that Satoru and Leiblich developed a machine that can bend time. I suppose it would be useless to go into the details on how they did that.
cloudscream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-18, 03:01   Link #177
VDZ

It's sci-fi, not sci-bullshit. It's fiction because it's not real (the technologies haven't been developed yet), not because there's no explanation for it.
Old 2011-01-19, 09:22   Link #178
cloudscream

Not bullshit either. There is an explanation, though not as detailed as you wanted it to be.
Spoiler:

Last edited by cloudscream; 2011-01-19 at 10:04.
Old 2011-01-19, 09:39   Link #179
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

Right. There's no real "believable" way to make a time machine that exists in 2011. They just give you their explanation of it and you say, "Well, that's impossible, but they're at least trying to make it sound plausible, so I'll let them off the hook."
Old 2011-01-19, 10:02   Link #180
cloudscream

Nah. More like not nitpicking.

And by the way, most sci-fi writers don't go through the details
Spoiler:

Last edited by cloudscream; 2011-01-23 at 10:01.

Tags
visual novel