4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 84. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2013-07-07, 02:53   Link #61
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Just a speculah. Maybe Koyomi — as an oddity — can see Mayoi, and Tsubasa, as an oddity herself, can also see Mayoi. People affected by oddities (Hitagi, Nadeko and possibly Suruga) wouldn't be able to see Mayoi. As for the siblings, there's a chance that Tsukihi is the only one who can be able to see Mayoi.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-07, 03:01   Link #62
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Just a speculah. Maybe Koyomi — as an oddity — can see Mayoi, and Tsubasa, as an oddity herself, can also see Mayoi. People affected by oddities (Hitagi, Nadeko and possibly Suruga) wouldn't be able to see Mayoi. As for the siblings, there's a chance that Tsukihi is the only one who can be able to see Mayoi.
No, as mentioned here already, Tsubasa and Koyomi could originally see Mayoi because they "wanted to be lost". After the end of Mayoi Snail, Mayoi was not bound to aimlessly look for her demolished home, and despite not explicitly stated, but since Koyomi didn't wish anymore to drift away from his home and still could see her, Mayoi's state has changed and could be observed... by who or how is not stated. Should I speculate, at least the persons that interacted with her can see her (Koyomi/Tsubasa from the cast).
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-07, 04:14   Link #63
komaruze
Tanna Japonensis

Hm, this is just speculation from my side, but maybe Mayoi is still around because she not only "found" her home, but also established new emotional connections, mainly with Koyomi. A consistent characteristic of most kaii throughout the series has been so far that they are only there if someone wants them to be there ... so I think it could be possible that Koyomi wanting Hachikuji to be around is what still binds her to the "real world". Maybe she will vanish when Koyomi "allows" her to go? I guess the dialogue from the first episode of Nise between the two could be a hint:

Araragi: "You aren't going to dissapear, are you?"
Hachikuji: "You spend so much time worrying about others. The only people you foist your problems on are Shinobu-san and me, right? I won't leave. Really. If I was in really bad trouble, would you help me?"
Araragi: "I would. Of course I would."

Last edited by komaruze; 2013-07-07 at 04:28.
komaruze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-07, 05:50   Link #64
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

just dump senjougahara already.

also, hitagi was offering hanekawa a place to stay.. might be because she knows hanekawa will eventually end up in arararagi's house. but that's just me speculating on hitagi's intentions.
frodonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-07, 06:30   Link #65
Polarpew
Bash'a no falor talah

Send a message via AIM to Polarpew
its back lots of fan service this episode, followed the LN pretty nicely, even with the joke about the chapter skipping
Old 2013-07-07, 07:06   Link #66
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
Araragi: "You aren't going to dissapear, are you?"
Hachikuji: "You spend so much time worrying about others. The only people you foist your problems on are Shinobu-san and me, right? I won't leave. Really. If I was in really bad trouble, would you help me?"
Araragi: "I would. Of course I would."
Reminds me of that MAD mixing that part of dialogue between Araragi and Mayoi.
The song used for the MAD: "Love the Way You Lie".
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-07, 07:21   Link #67
articuzwolf
Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

Putting the fanservice near the end of the episode aside

Hachikuji's scenes in front of Araragi's house are just pure win

During Nise, I realised that Monogatari is actually more fun when Hachikuji is involved in conversation

Curse you Araragi, infecting me with incurable lolicon disease
Old 2013-07-07, 09:20   Link #68
redgrnbluylw

Wait a sec... Where's the preview for the next episode? And where was the endcard picture? Has anybody seen these?
redgrnbluylw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-07, 09:48   Link #69
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by redgrnbluylw View Post
Wait a sec... Where's the preview for the next episode? And where was the endcard picture? Has anybody seen these?
The endcard was there. As for the preview this series gave up giving previews since Nise.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-07, 10:27   Link #70
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
The endcard was there. As for the preview this series gave up giving previews since Nise.
Yeah, Nise only had previews for the BD release. Kaiki did a rather hilarious one.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-07, 11:02   Link #71
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
What upper hand? How so? Hitagi just tries to figure out the competition... and as always is totally oblivious that she has won, acting still like the looser
That's it felt like to me. She couldn't help but agree (sometimes reluctantly) to everything Hitagi asked, including taking a bath with her just so she could check out her body.

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
Can you post the end card please? I can't seem to find it.
Old 2013-07-07, 12:50   Link #72
Sol Falling

Weren't previews of some sort for Nise posted on the website online? I seem to remember something like that happening. Cutting previews out does open up maybe ~30 seconds extra screentime per episode. I can see why they might've done that, starting with Nise.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-07, 12:56   Link #73
BaKaBaKaOtaKu
Stupidity is Bliss.

Loved the episode especially the interactions between my favorite girls, Hitagi and Tsubasa XDD Thank you SHAFT for the grand fanservice LOL.
BaKaBaKaOtaKu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-07, 13:53   Link #74
relentlessflame

*Administrator

I want to remind people:

1. If you are a novel reader, you are not allowed to leave any hints about what will happen in the future in this thread, or answer questions anyone asks if it means revealing something yet to be revealed. Please don't reply to speculation or "correct" other people's wrong assumptions if it hasn't been revealed yet in the anime. If it's something that was skipped in the anime adaptation and that won't be revealed later (i.e. usually something minor), then see the next point...

2. Any and all comparisons to or additional information from the novels require properly-marked spoiler tags. This means that if you make any sort of comment about how something was done in the novel, you must tag it. If you reveal any information in this thread that was not clearly shown in the anime, it must be tagged. Even if you think "it isn't a spoiler" -- all comparisons must be tagged. This may be different than when you would use spoiler tags on other websites, so please be careful.

3. If you are not a novel reader, please try not to ask questions in anime threads that would get novel readers in trouble if they answer it. (You're setting them up to fail.) If you want spoilers, please go to the Q&A thread or one of the other novel-related threads.
Old 2013-07-07, 14:59   Link #75
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
That's it felt like to me. She couldn't help but agree (sometimes reluctantly) to everything Hitagi asked, including taking a bath with her just so she could check out her body.
I think I know what you mean... you are refering to how Tsubasa was conceding in everyone of Hitagi's ridiculous demands... if that's the case, that's how she behaves to fit in, she did it with her family in Bake- and Neko-, and with Koyomi in Kizu-. Nonetheless, that doesn't mean that Hitagi has the upper hand, because she knows very well that she is Koyomi's girlfriend, because Tsubasa will not compromise in the romantic relationship front, and wants Koyomi to come to her, unlike Hitagi that hunts him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Can you post the end card please? I can't seem to find it.
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-07, 18:35   Link #76
HandofFate

The conversation encounters with Mayoi was very fun. Love her counseling sessions with Araragi and now with Tsubasa, its great.

Even if Mayoi lost her "can be seen by people that want to be lost" stigma, her meeting Tsubasa in the beginning episode still holds the intent I think just because of what we know of what she used to be.
HandofFate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-07, 20:05   Link #77
Shadow5YA

I can understand not wanting to trouble others (even I would feel like I am leeching off someone else if I'm living at their house for free), but it's really strange not to do a double take when you're living like a hobo using newspapers as bedsheets.

And if SHAFT is willing to show Hitagi stripping down to and posing in her lingerie, they better start the next episode with both of them in the bath!
Shadow5YA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-07, 20:34   Link #78
Dawn
^o^

Really good stuff. Hanekawa's soliloquies and inflections made Neko white really interesting. Keeps it fresh.
I loved the Koyomi-esque tsukkomis. And Mayoi in front of the house. ara? ara? arararara?

Spoiler for Missed a silly gag from the novel though ><:
Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-07, 21:15   Link #79
SQA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post
Weren't previews of some sort for Nise posted on the website online? I seem to remember something like that happening. Cutting previews out does open up maybe ~30 seconds extra screentime per episode. I can see why they might've done that, starting with Nise.
The previews, I believe, show up on the official site mid-week. So, they do happen, just not in-episode.

Shinbo needs more time to get in fanservice.
SQA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-07, 21:18   Link #80
SQA

Quote:
Originally Posted by frodonk View Post
just dump senjougahara already.

also, hitagi was offering hanekawa a place to stay.. might be because she knows hanekawa will eventually end up in arararagi's house. but that's just me speculating on hitagi's intentions.
Well, part of Senjougahara's charm is that Koyomi is stuck with her, no matter what. Even if he did "dump" her, she'd probably find a way to actually kill him. He and everyone else gets that.

Doesn't mean Hitagi doesn't fear Hanekawa. Though Araragi's influence on Hitagi is getting a little hilarious.
SQA is offline   Reply With Quote