Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-11-22, 04:07   Link #1001
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tong View Post
Can this be beaten under 20 mins? It's a tradition for Elder Scrolls games, pretty much every one could be quickly completed throught exploits.
Hmm, 20 minutes would be hard. Not in terms of gameplay, but there's a lot of NPC jibber jabber and them walking to locations you can't skip through which eats up your time.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-22, 04:09   Link #1002
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simonsy View Post
was just doing a mission to get back a missing book and there was some draugr overlord that could one shot me constantly with his bow. was fricken gay as hell. Had to slowly shoot him, hide, shoot him, hide, ect for like 30 minutes.
Have you tried a Shout? It is easy to forget that you can knock him to the ground with that.
Old 2011-11-22, 04:10   Link #1003
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Fought my first Dragon Priest in the Labyrinthian.

The only other time I spammed my Sanguine Rose in a fight so much was the Black Star quest -_-
You can summon Dremora Lord without the staff if you train up conjuration, though. Also not sure if you noticed, but before you enter Labyrinthian there is a circular area in the middle .. Go there, and you'll find a journal as well as a Wooden Mask. Equipping that mask makes all Dragon Priest fights MUCH easier. If you equip the mask within the circular area, something fun will happen.. It will make you want to have all eight masks.
Old 2011-11-22, 04:20   Link #1004
Simonsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Have you tried a Shout? It is easy to forget that you can knock him to the ground with that.
Have yet to unlock any shouts yet with this character. Only level 11 and haven't done the dragonstone quest yet, or fought any dragons for that matter

I had just gotten the red bane sword too, which makes undead flee. Apparantly he was too high level for that as well cause even though I ran up and hit him a few times quick he just took out his bow and shot me down.

I got lucky after beating him, I then dropped down that hole and there was ANOTHER overlord, though he didn't have a bow. I stayed on the platform I fell on and he could not figure out how to get up to me and so I just shot him with dual weilding fireblasts until he was dead.

Got some nice drops too, like some ebony bows and arrows, and swords and stuff. Be nice to equip that on my level 11 guy
Simonsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-22, 05:02   Link #1005
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simonsy View Post
Have yet to unlock any shouts yet with this character. Only level 11 and haven't done the dragonstone quest yet, or fought any dragons for that matter

I had just gotten the red bane sword too, which makes undead flee. Apparantly he was too high level for that as well cause even though I ran up and hit him a few times quick he just took out his bow and shot me down.

I got lucky after beating him, I then dropped down that hole and there was ANOTHER overlord, though he didn't have a bow. I stayed on the platform I fell on and he could not figure out how to get up to me and so I just shot him with dual weilding fireblasts until he was dead.

Got some nice drops too, like some ebony bows and arrows, and swords and stuff. Be nice to equip that on my level 11 guy
Yeah, that's what Bethesda tried to do with Skyrim; to give certain areas a minimum level, so that if you go there early you would get your ass kicked. But in return you can get very good rewards.
Old 2011-11-22, 08:03   Link #1006
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Hmm, 20 minutes would be hard. Not in terms of gameplay, but there's a lot of NPC jibber jabber and them walking to locations you can't skip through which eats up your time.
Specially that run with the blades chick to prove you're dragonborn. and the scenes that you can't skip.

its impossible to beat the game in 20 minutes, because if you're not high level towards the end, you're gonna get stomped by the story bosses. which is quite obvious. I'm not even attempting until 50.
Old 2011-11-22, 08:06   Link #1007
Stiletto
Ineffectual Loner

Yeah you can skip the run if you've already got locations in The Rift close to the specified story event. I did it, and it was a huge time saver. Exploration and carriage hiring saves you time, among other things. Like better loot. (got elven armor before I killed my second dragon).
Stiletto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-22, 08:11   Link #1008
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Alright, well skip everything then. game's are only for beating right"
Old 2011-11-22, 08:45   Link #1009
Paranoid Android
Underweight Food Hoarder

Send a message via MSN to Paranoid Android
I just got attacked by 'Hired Thugs' randomly. And after I killed them, one of them carried a note that had a letter written from the person who hired them.

And the wtf part:

Spoiler for NPC Septimus Signus:

-----------------

The Steed Stone north of Wolfskull Cave is such a good buff if you're even going on a far looting trip. It gives you +100 carrying capacity.

-----------------

I'm slightly turned off by Dragonplate set because of Daedra set.
Daedra set looks better, has better stats (with shield), and harder to make (daedra hearts as a material) which makes sense for an epic gear, but I was hoping something really epic for a final-smith perk. Dragonplate is just bad in every way and only good for selling to npc's who go broke immediately.
Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-22, 09:15   Link #1010
Aqua Knight

If I kill guards during the thieves 3rd guild mission, will anything happen?
Old 2011-11-22, 13:23   Link #1011
Simonsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Yeah, that's what Bethesda tried to do with Skyrim; to give certain areas a minimum level, so that if you go there early you would get your ass kicked. But in return you can get very good rewards.
Not sure how I was supposed to know this was giong to be hard. I mean it was just a random side quest from the guy in the arcanium at the mage guild. Like the first quest he gives me.
Old 2011-11-22, 14:32   Link #1012
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
Specially that run with the blades chick to prove you're dragonborn. and the scenes that you can't skip.

its impossible to beat the game in 20 minutes, because if you're not high level towards the end, you're gonna get stomped by the story bosses. which is quite obvious. I'm not even attempting until 50.
You're wrong. Go look it up. The game has been beaten in less than 20 minutes.. It was some sort of event prior to the release of Skyrim.. Dunno if it was the developers or who playing, but it definitely IS possible.
Old 2011-11-22, 14:39   Link #1013
Simonsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dist View Post
You're wrong. Go look it up. The game has been beaten in less than 20 minutes.. It was some sort of event prior to the release of Skyrim.. Dunno if it was the developers or who playing, but it definitely IS possible.
I don't see how thats possible. I assume to beat the game you beat that big dragon right? Haven't beat it myself. But from experience it seems its almost 20 minutes before you are untied to be able to even do anything. Hell 15 minutes or so is how long it takes before you can do anything other than just look around. So what can you after getting untied, grab a sword/axe, and then run outside and kill the dragon?
Old 2011-11-22, 14:47   Link #1014
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Well that's sad, and...they A. Cheated or B. On lowest difficulty.

Oh and no offence but you post seems angry, did I do something?
Old 2011-11-22, 14:51   Link #1015
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Fu Ro Dah can oneshot you wow , those later Draugr Lords are insane ! Well , it's easy to counter it , just use yours.
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-22, 14:53   Link #1016
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sho- View Post
Fu Ro Dah can oneshot you wow , those later Draugr Lords are insane ! Well , it's easy to counter it , just use yours.
*shield bash* shut yo mouth!
Old 2011-11-22, 14:58   Link #1017
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

If you wanna see Lydia flying after that a Giant used his :

http://hapshack.fr/private/images/6FDK0.jpg

-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-22, 15:01   Link #1018
Paranoid Android
Underweight Food Hoarder

Send a message via MSN to Paranoid Android
It's not possible.

I'm staying ambiguous to avoid spoiling:

Climbing the mountain; doing the required training; being sent to a dungeon to retrieve an artifact and finding out about the NPC in Riverwood already takes over 20 minutes on a horse while skipping dialogue and not including loading screens. And that's only 1/3 of the game's main storyline.

Also there is no possible way to kill the boss guarding the portal if you rush for the end. It's the hardest encounter you can't avoid to someone. I'm going to guess the character would be somewhere between level 1 and 10.

You can beat the final boss with only 1 shout so you don't get killed in 1 hit, but that takes forever as you are depending on other factors to kill it.

-------------------------------

I wish I had some video making hardware and know-how (My skyrim on ps3). A play-through using the Notched Pickaxe as the ONLY weapon for the entire game sounds like a hilariously fun challenge.
Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-22, 15:18   Link #1019
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Alrighty so I went and bought this game.

And holy crap are there a lot of quests. Moreso than Deus Ex.

I'm in Whiterun and up the part where your suppose to go meet some old guys in a mountain.

I've decided though just to see how many quests I could do in the city and so far am running through with the companion guild. I am disappointed in the rewards though as you get very little funds like 100 gold. Granted I'm selling off the loot I get but should I keep the Dragon bones for later use? I'm that Argorian cause they look cool and am aiming for an Fate Stay Night Archer build I snipe guys as much as possible then go in with duel swords.

I'm also saving up to buy a house since I'm running out of space to carry items too.

By the way I also bought a horse to get to areas faster but is it possible to lose the horse or have it die? I'm a little disappointed that you cannot fight on horseback.

And when you have a companion with you do you level up slower since she takes some of the kills?
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-22, 15:31   Link #1020
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
I really don't see how it's possible to complete the main quest in just 20 minutes. All of the quests in the main storyline require you to travel to far-flung reaches of Skyrim just to perform them, and some of the dungeons require you to spend more than 20 minutes in them (especially Blackreach, which is an underground cavern larger than any of the main holds). While you can fast travel to locations you've already discovered, the act of actually discovering those places require you to walk and/or run to them, which will take quite a while. There's also the conversations and dialogue which can be quite lengthy at times, which'll definitely stretch the experience. Finally, if you're going to speed-run the main quest from a lvl 1 character, prepare to have to reload your game lots of times from getting killed due to having pathetic skills early on.

Maybe if you play the campaign as is without all of the prerequisites mentioned above, i.e. as a linear game where you're instantly teleported to the next objective, and with all of the dialogue disabled, then you can perhaps beat the game in under 20 minutes. Under any practical circumstances using an unmodded no-cheat Skyrim game though, I don't see how you can beat the main quest in under 20 minutes.

Now in related news...

Kotaku: Skyrim Contains the Entire Elder Scrolls Landmass, Including Morrowind and Cyrodiil?

.... holy f-

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bethesda, elder scrolls, rpg, skyrim