AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-07-25, 22:23   Link #4921
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruki0089 View Post
then maybe we will get Restia revival arc after this arc
Restia revival Mk II! (damn it, Kamito. She ain't dead if she didn't cut her lines of death perception! Keep our hopes high!)

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-25, 22:28   Link #4922
Ruki0089
Yandere Otoko Ruki-tan

Yeah, i`m sure she will be fine since she is first legal wife........she`s fine....she`s fine......
she`s fi--.......
................ugh............restia~~!!!
Dont leave me~!!!!
Old 2013-07-25, 22:40   Link #4923
akim36

Send a message via AIM to akim36 Send a message via Yahoo to akim36
@ruki
its okay after all
Spoiler for spoiler:
akim36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-25, 22:43   Link #4924
dragon1412

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post
Hahahah nooope

Just a flesh wound!

but seriously though, what the hell is the author thinking?
there are 2 possibilities :
1 - As you all seee and in many jp forum discussion, Restia far out-class all the girl with Est behind at 2nd place and even at 2nd place it's still a big gap to Restia affection level, thus it's neccesary to put her out to let the other girl have a chance or you-know-who to become the main heroine. - this is a rather low percentage possibilities due to the fact if the author actually pull crap like that, it'll leave an extremely bad taste in romance novel and if Kamito actually moving despite Restia sacrifice, that's just make his character terrble.

2 - As Okashira said, the 2nd possibilities is that the next few volumes is going to be Restia-centric since now that:
- the girls know about Kamito secret.
- the girls know about kamito past.
- the story behind 3 years ago is revealed.
- the girls problems now all resolved.
- Rubia is down.
- Dust Witch is no longer tied Kamito down.
- Restia take Ren Ashdoll down so Claire position as a dark priestess is possibly nullified.
Basically, there is a high possibilities that the author will try to pull a Fairy dance or yureka - basically , new settings and a new cast of character with possibly Ren Ashbell being the new MC instead of Kamito and go on a travel since that all prior problem have been resolved and the reason why Kamito attend the academy was for Restia in the 1st place, even if he have comrades in the school it still isn't strong enough of a reason to tied him down. More over, it'll behard to exploit anymore plot inside the school and and the story of spirt King if Kamito only stay in 1 place. But if this happened it'll pretty much screamed "Restia end" so it'll remain a possibilities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by endarion88 View Post
for how much i like restia i was tired of this overused and completly WRONG concept of power up by dualwielding.
In reality if one were to pass from normal to dualwield like this he will only get weaker and a lot, the only dualwielding effective tecnique is maibe the main gauce were you use the non dominant arm almost only for parry and is a dueling style not meant for a pure battle, lot of soldier who went in battle dualwielding died right away LOL
exept maybe for nordic berserker and wulfetnar but becouse they were under effect of drugs to ignore pain and such.
if a normal person were to try it out of nothing whitout the proper training will istantly notice that his attacks result slower and weaker becouse you use only one hand for sword and you will use effectively the offhand like 1 times out of 6 and will get tired in few minutes

i would really prefer kamito to power up by summoning est to full power (gigantic blade as in vol 1) than dualwield i'm really tired of this retardness
offering my own view as a nitoryu user( i'm practice hyouho ni Ten ichiryuu and kendo) :
1- most cases when 1 person switch from ittoryu(1 sword) to nitoryuu(2 sword) get weaker is true, however that is due to have no prior trainning and experieces, armstrength neccesary to perform nitoryuu techniques and Kamito have dual trainning prior and arm strength, leave aside experiences since we don't know how he train, i can turn a blind eye to this.
2 - Nitoryuu is mainly for battle, the reason is the fact by nature, nitoryuu is an extremely defensive style ( Yes, it's defense, not offense) so in a 1 on 1 duel, if the nitoryuu user is good enough, even if he can't took down opponent the opponent can hardly get a hit on him either. Regarding arm strength and dominant arm, trainning can overturn that, at least, i myself do success at trainning to perform nitoryuu.
3 - to coment on techniques, 16 hit rush can be overlook though it still a stupid move since most nitoryuu based- attack mostly consist of 1 sword attack and the other keep at side for posssibly defense and perform the next attack( 2 swords attack the same time attack do exist but they are extremely limited) but the counter that using 2 sword is just stupid, nitoryuu do have counter but by nature counter is something use by timing and split second movement so using 2 sword to counter that, i doubt a Hachidan sensei can pull a counter with 2 sword at the same time.
With that said, my suggestion is to just overlook the techniques and enjoy the story, it hurt no one if some skills is a little over the top and unrealistic.

Last edited by dragon1412; 2013-07-26 at 01:22.
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-25, 22:56   Link #4925
Yye1
Wide Right

Hmm, time to hit up baidu or google in order to find illustrations from vol 11

"Me and my girlfreinds are goin to go see Sex and the City." We're like: "Great! Now i dont have to take you to see that shit!"
-The Great Philosopher Chris Rock
Yye1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-25, 23:20   Link #4926
Trung-t-rung

@dragon1412: It's just fiction, man. Don't be too serious about it. It's Rue of Cool anyway.
About the fairy dance theory, I'd love it if the author decide to bring the story to a bigger stage, a war or conflict between countries now that we have seen or heard about the main powerful factions on the continent.
Trung-t-rung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-26, 00:14   Link #4927
zerodragon

so did rinlet get a powerup this volume dealing in with her wolf spirit?
Old 2013-07-26, 00:17   Link #4928
holybell84

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerodragon View Post
so did rinlet get a powerup this volume dealing in with her wolf spirit?
I saw a picture of her with her wolf spirit, but I haven't read to that point yet.
Old 2013-07-26, 01:45   Link #4929
DrakeKnight

Is the blade dance over and does the Scarlet team get their wish now?
DrakeKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-26, 02:13   Link #4930
Sylphic
KI NI NARIMASU!

I'm so sick of all this bait and switch with Restia. The author knows Restia is the most popular and that most if the readership regards her as the main wife.

So he trolls the crap out of us. For the last 11 volumes it's been holy shit, almost got Restia back, trolololol nope, she does something evil and gets away. (though we did get progressively closer. Now it's reunion Wooo! Trolololol nope not really.

I hate this series and this author. I'm going to be furious if Restia does not appear in volume 12 like what the author did for volume 7 (major development for Restia then awol for one volume)

Otaku in Japan Daily Blog - [URL="www.ninjapan.org[/URL]
Sylphic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-26, 02:19   Link #4931
omegasereon

I bet its another restia will revive thing like vol 5/6. No way you can just kill her off since shes so popular
omegasereon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-26, 07:03   Link #4932
Brin A'sair

My thought is that perhaps some part of Restia will survive / be absorbed into Est. Est, after all, is only at a fraction of her former power, and as I understand it she will never be able to access that former whole of her power: she has permanently separated from it so as to be with Kamito. So perhaps Restia will join with her, letting part of her power / nature die (with the darker nature she absorbed before being stabbed), but allowing a part of her power and awareness to live on in Est, perhaps with Est not being aware of this option for a while. In the latter case, Est may start having flashes of memories not her own, occasionally make comments only to afterward not recall / understand what she said or why she said what she said, and then - during a tense encounter / battle - suddenly find a hidden strength within, and be transformed by it into a true R(Est)ia hybrid blade spirit that has the traits / (fragmented) memories of both.
Brin A'sair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-26, 07:22   Link #4933
Chris38

^

Except for the fact that such a scenario wouldn't return Restia ... and would mean the "loss" of the Est that we know, since a combined Est and Restia would be, to some fans, pretty much a completely new character that wouldn't be "Est" or "Restia" anymore.

Overall, I don't think that a development like that has high chances of occurring in the novels.
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-26, 09:35   Link #4934
holybell84

Right, enuff death desu. Here's a little treat from Chapter 4

Spoiler for Partial Chap 4:
Old 2013-07-26, 09:54   Link #4935
shadow1296

Quote:
Originally Posted by holybell84 View Post

everyone wanted this scene, i mean everyone, so the author first gives fans what they want only to do that at the end
Old 2013-07-26, 09:59   Link #4936
ImperialFlameGod8190

well im not convinced restia is really dead after all that makes no sense logically reunite them just to destroy her that quickly that's a bit pointless
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-26, 10:10   Link #4937
Brin A'sair

It is not so much illogical to have her killed as it is rushed. I can see it happening if it took, say a fully two or three volumes to develop to that point, but to have it happen only one volume after they are reunited (less than one, if more than a chapter or two is a flashback or otherwise a review of the end of the prior blade dance) is just too soon. That said, it could be that the editors pushed this, either due to feeling that Restia was taking too much of the lime light or due to wanting to bring her dramatic end sooner for the shock value.
Brin A'sair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-26, 10:19   Link #4938
dragon1412

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brin A'sair View Post
It is not so much illogical to have her killed as it is rushed. I can see it happening if it took, say a fully two or three volumes to develop to that point, but to have it happen only one volume after they are reunited (less than one, if more than a chapter or two is a flashback or otherwise a review of the end of the prior blade dance) is just too soon. That said, it could be that the editors pushed this, either due to feeling that Restia was taking too much of the lime light or due to wanting to bring her dramatic end sooner for the shock value.
doubt it, unlike manga, editors in Ln generally try their best not to interfere with the story and as long as it continue to be popular, they don't really care and with character wise, sorry to claire fan but in both fanbase and popularity contest Est and Restia outclass her from the very start, so whether Est and Restia continue to take limelight is mostly on author rather than editor, as i mentioned above, this is possibly trying to get the others girl on the same level with Restia, but i doubt that would happened because it seem like the author have experienced with romance novel so i think we won't see this crap. Don't blame the editors for this though.
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-26, 11:27   Link #4939
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon1412 View Post
doubt it, unlike manga, editors in Ln generally try their best not to interfere with the story and as long as it continue to be popular, they don't really care and with character wise, sorry to claire fan but in both fanbase and popularity contest Est and Restia outclass her from the very start, so whether Est and Restia continue to take limelight is mostly on author rather than editor, as i mentioned above, this is possibly trying to get the others girl on the same level with Restia, but i doubt that would happened because it seem like the author have experienced with romance novel so i think we won't see this crap. Don't blame the editors for this though.

Not to mention that none of the girls are even close to restia's level. Lets face it without kamito looking for restia he wouldn't have come to the academy and his whole purpose for team scarlet was to find out what the deal is with the sword. Claire acknowledges that she is the most important thing to him. Est is probably a decent second
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-26, 12:02   Link #4940
BTDK
Himawari no Shoujo
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by holybell84 View Post

I'm kinda lost my mind with this, so adorable and stunning fs

We, I mean everyone would love to see Restia and Est catfight at anytime

Wasn't that EST also left us then revived beside Kamito.

I honestly say that the series is still love romantic comedy and it isn't suitable for highly tragic event to get a chance.

So ... just give my Restia back :/

Tags
action, comedy, cross-dressing, ecchi, fantasy, harem, light novel, mf bunko j, romance, shounen, supernatural, trap