AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2006-09-14, 03:47   Link #61
uLTraCarL-
Planet uLTraCarL Inc
*Fansubber

Send a message via ICQ to uLTraCarL- Send a message via AIM to uLTraCarL-
Sorry I'm double posting for the bump.

The Japanese Press Release - http://www.nintendo.co.jp/n10/news/060914.html

Movies! - http://www.nintendo.co.jp/wii/topics...ie/lineup.html - Full Screen! http://movie.nintendo.co.jp/data/wii...vie_lineup.swf
Entire transcript broken down into slides and movies - http://www.nintendo.co.jp/wii/topics...ion/index.html
Noting the pages with movies.
Pages 5-6 show the interface of the Wii, including launching a Virtual Console game.
Page 7 shows the photo gallery, photo editing and slideshow functions.
Page 8 shows weather channel and top news stories
Pages 8-9 shows opera in action.
Pages 9-10 show some sort of messaging feature.
Here's the interesting one, pages 10-11 show off Mii. Some form of avatar creation i believe?
Then we get clips of Wii sports tennis in action

Wii.com went live as well
http://www.wii.com/jp/
There are movies and such availible for viewing, including the interface of the Wii.

he Wii will debut in Japan on December 2, 2006 at a price of 25,000 yen.
It will not include the Wii Sports title -- this will be available for 4800 yen
Each Wii include: Wii console, Wiimote, Nunchaku, Wii AC adaptor, Wii A/V cable, Wii console stand, sensor bar, sensor bar stand, and 2 AA batteries.
Additional Wii-Remote will cost 3800 yen ($32)
Nunchuku attachment will be 1800 yen ($15)
Virtual Console remote will be 1800 yen ($15)
Zelda: Twilight Princess has a planned retail price of 6800 yen ($58).

Japan's Launch lineup looks as follows:
* Trauma Center (Atlus)
* Elebits (Konami)
* Machikuru Domino (Success)
* Necro-Nesia (Spike)
* Super Monkey Ball Uki-Uki Party Shuugoh (Sega)
* Swing Golf Panya (Tecmo)
* Wing Island (Hudson)
* Kororinpa (Hudson)
* SD Gundam REVOLUTION (Bandai Namco)
* Ennichi no Tatsujin (Bandai Namco)
* Tamagotchi no Pika Pika Daito-ryo-! (Bandai Namco)
* Red Steel (Ubisoft)
* Wii Sports (Nintendo)
* Odoru Made In Wario (Nintendo)
* The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (Nintendo)
* Hajimete no Wii (Nintendo)

A lineup of japanese games directly from nintendo's site - http://www.nintendo.co.jp/wii/softwa...eup/index.html
A google translation of the said site

images
Spoiler:

The Chronicles of uLTraCarL .. Youtube connection
[Ht] Hostile Takeover #hostile @ irc.gamesurge.net .. Anime-Kraze #anime-kraze @ irc.rizon.net

Last edited by uLTraCarL-; 2006-09-14 at 05:42.
uLTraCarL- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-14, 05:50   Link #62
Itachikun
Animesuki's Janitor

Send a message via AIM to Itachikun Send a message via MSN to Itachikun
DECEMBER 2nD?!!!

That's too far away, I wanted a Wii soon.... the price is great... around about $220.

Is the Wario game, THE wario game? with the cool mini-games and shit.
Old 2006-09-14, 07:35   Link #63
uLTraCarL-
Planet uLTraCarL Inc
*Fansubber

Yeah that should be Warioware

[Ht] Hostile Takeover #hostile @ irc.gamesurge.net .. Anime-Kraze #anime-kraze @ irc.rizon.net
Old 2006-09-14, 07:41   Link #64
Zappster

Yes. "Made in Wario" games are the ones that have the minigames and stuff.

Waiting to hear about the prices and dates for the UK machine myself, as well as any info on region locking. I'm hoping for none whatsoever but that's just me dreaming. If worst comes to worst I'll import a JPN or a US one. A JPN one is a serious consideration for me because there's bound to be a few games that may only be available over there. Ideally it'll be region free as that would be more convenient and healthier for my wallet. Means I could pick up a UK one without worrying too much.

Those movies look nice and I may have to get at least one golf game just to see how it'll play. Not that I don't enjoy them as is, I loved Mario Golf on the GBC and Hot Shots Golf on the PSP and they use the old fashioned timed button presses for shots and stuff.
Zappster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-14, 09:08   Link #65
The Avatar
The Avatar of Death

Oh yeah, it's confirmed:

Wii American release date Nov. 19
Price: "MSRP: $249. One price, one config, one color: white. This simplicity allows us to maximize volume throughout the Americas. Our shipment goal worldwide is 4M consoles during the 43 days between launch and Dec 31. The Americas will receive the largest share, a continuous flow of units."

Great job of keeping the price below 250.

All in all I'm very happy, time to start saving up.

Updates here: http://www.engadget.com/2006/09/14/l...ss-conference/
The Avatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-14, 09:12   Link #66
Itachikun
Animesuki's Janitor

Send a message via AIM to Itachikun Send a message via MSN to Itachikun
Wtf? Ultracarl just said 2nd of December... am i missing something here?

Never mind, it looks like US on 19th November and Dec 2nd for Japan. FIrst time I see a console get released in the US before Japan. NEW RECORD!!!!!!!

I'm even more hyped up now!
________
Glass Bong

Last edited by Itachikun; 2011-02-15 at 08:28.
Itachikun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-14, 09:22   Link #67
Zappster

I'm pretty sure the DS was released in the US first. Don't think it was by much, maybe a week at most between the US and Japan launches IIRC. Not to mention the Xbox360
Old 2006-09-14, 11:43   Link #68
Dark`
The Terror of Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappster
I'm pretty sure the DS was released in the US first. Don't think it was by much, maybe a week at most between the US and Japan launches IIRC. Not to mention the Xbox360
I'm pretty sure it was actually quite similar to the Wii release date difference. I think the DS came out around Nov 21st in North America and on Dec 2 in Japan...

As for the Xbox 360....well, MS is an American company after all. Therefore, it kinda makes sense to release it in North America before Japan (especially considering sales are much stronger in NA than in Japan).

But yeah, I'm pretty excited that the Wii will come out here before Japan, but at the same time I kinda wish the release date was closer (like sometime Oct... =p). Still waiting on a CDN price though...I'm guessing it'll probably be $349.99, but I'm hoping maybe they'll let it go with a $299.99 price point...
Dark` is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-14, 12:16   Link #69
Shift_

http://www.excite.co.jp/world/englis...=JAEN&wb_dis=2
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/wii/topics...ie/lineup.html
http://www.wii.com/en_US

Pretty crazy stuff

So far the Wii is the only console that you can go home plug it in and start playing rightaway without having to buy anything else additional.
Shift_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-14, 15:03   Link #70
wsheit
Combating Spoiler Scum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shift_
http://www.excite.co.jp/world/englis...=JAEN&wb_dis=2
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/wii/topics...ie/lineup.html
http://www.wii.com/en_US

Pretty crazy stuff

So far the Wii is the only console that you can go home plug it in and start playing rightaway without having to buy anything else additional.
If you want to play Wii Sports.....whoop-dee-doo....not impressed. Had they bundled Zelda on the other hand....
Old 2006-09-14, 15:12   Link #71
Shift_

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsheit
If you want to play Wii Sports.....whoop-dee-doo....not impressed. Had they bundled Zelda on the other hand....
Wii sports looks fun too man

Everyone is too much of a downer.

I already have zelda pre-ordered. But Wii sports looks pretty fun. (if you watch those videos)
Shift_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-14, 15:38   Link #72
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
lol. i love the little wrist band that comes with the wii-mote so that you don't dash it against the wall during an excited bout. lol.

Thats what you called smart!

And fingers crossed on the region free mentality, the DS was region free, so i hope the same for the Wii!!
Old 2006-09-14, 16:44   Link #73
wsheit
Combating Spoiler Scum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shift_
Wii sports looks fun too man

Everyone is too much of a downer.

I already have zelda pre-ordered. But Wii sports looks pretty fun. (if you watch those videos)
I understand the desire to be optimistic, but I just can't be optimistic about Wii sports. I even just went to read the previews at IGN and see whether what they had to say could improve my outlook on the matter. From what they said, it sounds like each of the sports will feel no better than a tech demo- offering little lasting entertainment. Their tone was positive, but even for what they called the best of the sports (tennis), they were forced to admit that it would only be good entertainment for short amounts of playtime. Furthermore, they explained that the play is only responsible for swinging the racket- the player runs to meet the ball automatically. Ultimately, it sounds like most of these sports will consist of intermittently swinging the Wiimote to simulate only specific bits of the sport, and the preview also suggests that some of the controls may not be tight. I can't see spending more than 2 hours with Wii Sports.
Old 2006-09-14, 16:46   Link #74
Zappster

http://blog.wired.com/games/index.blog?entry_id=1556591
This article seems to suggest it will be region free. The relevant question pasted below for those too lazy to click the link.

Quote:
• Will the Wii be region-free? Yes. Like the Nintendo DS, the Wii will be able to play games from other regions, such as Japan, without any restriction. Kaplan implied there might be a region lock that publishers would be able to flip on, but it doesn't sound like the first-party titles from Nintendo will be restricted.
From the sounds of it, it's going to be a similar situation to that of the Xbox's region locking policy. Leave it up to the publishers. So basically we'll probably get a handful of region free games which is better than nothing I suppose. I'm hoping that the part at the end, although it sounds like wishful thinking, turns out to be true and hopefully other publishers will follow on from their example if Nintendo do choose to do that.
Old 2006-09-14, 16:46   Link #75
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

Low price, packaged software, $50 games, inexpensive downloadable content, and 25 games and 4 million consoles available at launch?
I'm pretty sure it's official that Nintendo > All.
FatPianoBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-14, 16:58   Link #76
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast

Quote:
the DS was region free, so i hope the same for the Wii!!
That doesn't mean anything. Portables have ALWAYS been region-free.
Benoit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-14, 16:58   Link #77
wsheit
Combating Spoiler Scum

I was just looking at the list of games Nintendo has announced so far for the Wii. Is it just me or is the 3rd party support sucking? The Wii has practically no 3rd party exclusives- Red Steel, Trauma Center, and possibly Elebits are the only ones that seem of any quality. Don't get me wrong- I'll be getting a Wii because it's cheap and innovative, but I'm not terribly impressed yet be the game roster. There are several must plays, but the rest either sucks or can be found on another n-gen console.

Oh- and gamespot is now reporting that the Wii will be region free- apparently Nintendo has admitted as much very plainly.
Old 2006-09-14, 17:19   Link #78
uLTraCarL-
Planet uLTraCarL Inc
*Fansubber

So lets sum up the US Press Conference

● The Release date of Wii will be November 19th in the US
● The Price of Wii will be $250
● The Wii will come packed with WiiSports
- Wii Remote is $39.99. Nunchuck attachment is $19.99.
- Game listing for the americas - Link
- No DVD Playback Link
- Wii.com is now avaliable for the americas! The Japanese text in the earlier videos are now translated. English, French or Spanish is the choices
- Mii is an avatar creation system which allows you to create avatars. Take that concept and add the fact that you can store a handful of them into the wiimote memory and bring them to a friend's house and let them populate your friend's Wii. You can also let them populate your Wii games. So you can put the little Mii's in your game like Wii Tennis.
- At least three Virtual Console games will be online on launch day. By the end of the year there will be at least 30 legacy titles. Beginning in January that will grow 10 a month through the year. Price will be 500 Wii Points (or $5) for NES, 800 for SNES and 1,000 for N64
- You can buy a 2,000 Wii Points card at a store for $20. They will also be selling a Wii classic controller for playing the games.
- 2000 Wii points will be about $24 Canadian. Similar strategy in Mexico and other markets.
● Component cables included with Wii out of the box in the US
● Opera browser is free as a download until June 2007, after that you will have to pay
● Region free 1st-party titles, optional for 3rd-party devs
● The GCN version of the game was delayed until December 11th
● Tony Hawk: Downhill Jam, which is essentially SSX on pavement, also has some new screens to show off.
- Metroid Prime is going to be a 2007 title.
● Wii Sports. Packed in with every Wii, so you might as well get familiar with the game.
● Ubisoft's very own Red Steel is coming along...interestingly. Check out the less rewarding Yakuza in these screens. (1)
● Excite Truck, the spirtual successor to the Excite Bike series, is certainly looking blazingly fast and well, er, exciting.
● Wario Ware: Smooth Moves, the game where you make an ass of yourself to entertain your peers, is sharing the launch love.
● Surely Activision can't be left out... so it's bringing the Wii version of Marvel: Ultimate Alliance at launch.
● Atlus is probably the most surprising show at launch. Trauma Center Wii, which is essentially a "Wiimake" of the DS title according to the devs
● Super Monkey Ball Wii has a metric ton of mini-games - surprise surprise - as well as the classic gameplay. You tilt with wiimote, predictably enough.
● In Elebits, you toss around objects to try to find little electrical creatures. And you can do this competitively too. Seems quirky, in the Katamari kind of way.

images

Old 2006-09-14, 17:26   Link #79
Dark`
The Terror of Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsheit
Why would they bundle such a high profile (and high profit) game with the console? There's no feasible reason to do that since there will be plenty of people who will willingly pay full price (myself included) to get a crack at that game. It's like saying Microsoft should package Halo 4 with the Xbox 720 or Sony should package the next GTA or FF with the PS3 (using these as theoretical examples).

And if you say package Zelda with it and price the bundle at the full price of the console and the game, what about those people who don't want Zelda? (All two of them.) I'd think they'd rather get the system alone. So yeah, while Wii Sports may not be a title to get greatly excited on, it still looks to be a decent party game if you get a bunch of friends to come over.
Dark` is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-14, 17:39   Link #80
Samourai
Le samouraï est le illest

Send a message via AIM to Samourai
250 is a great deal, stop complaning.

I will be getting the Wii, just not at launch, probably around the holiday season.
Samourai is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
console, wii