Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2010-10-21, 10:48   Link #6781
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
yes, yes it does.

Edit: you brought back the animated Minna icon.
Old 2010-10-21, 14:32   Link #6782
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Somewhat off topic, but I recall someone who wanted me to stop talking about myself once. I find the contrast just a tad hypocritical, but I'm more amused than anything else.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-21, 15:03   Link #6783
Jinto
Asuki-tan Kairin ↓

Let them have their fun and joyful moments (even here) Kaijo, they are young and happy now. ^^
Old 2010-10-21, 15:29   Link #6784
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Oh, to be perfectly honest, I don't care one way or the other. As I said, I'm just more amused by the contradiction, heh. 'Course, I have no problems playing the big bad when needed, too. ;p
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-21, 19:22   Link #6785
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
yes, yes it does.
Oi, oi, I haven't had my harem all together in over a year now, I doubt I still count as a Harem Mistress.

... That sounded so much more innocent in my head.
Old 2010-10-24, 16:08   Link #6786
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Well today I'm meeting my dad's girlfriend. He's been head over heels for this one like you wouldn't believe.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-24, 18:42   Link #6787
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
Well today I'm meeting my dad's girlfriend. He's been head over heels for this one like you wouldn't believe.
Oh, hey, you mentioned her to me once or twice over AIM. Hope it goes well for you. ^^
Old 2010-10-24, 20:18   Link #6788
mindovermatter
For me the bell tolls

Send a message via AIM to mindovermatter Send a message via MSN to mindovermatter Send a message via Yahoo to mindovermatter
hope you guys get along well. If he likes her, it would be great to have everyone be happy

School Rumble 4Ever!
I'm on FB search "jym cl"
mindovermatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-25, 03:39   Link #6789
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Well the meeting went pretty good. Her name is Wanda btw. She was really nervous to meet me from what I heard, and saw. She's a really nice lady, very joyous and up beat, and quite the looker. My pops has good taste, I'll give him that.

We saw Hereafter together (her idea), movie sucked ass, but I was happy to finally meet her. She kept apologizing about the movie though, I kept telling her it was ok.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-25, 04:23   Link #6790
cheyannew
PolyPerson!

Quote:
Well the meeting went pretty good. Her name is Wanda btw. She was really nervous to meet me from what I heard, and saw. She's a really nice lady, very joyous and up beat, and quite the looker. My pops has good taste, I'll give him that.

We saw Hereafter together (her idea), movie sucked ass, but I was happy to finally meet her. She kept apologizing about the movie though, I kept telling her it was ok.

Aww, I'm so glad you guys seemed to hit it off! What a relief for you AND your dad!

Here's hoping for many years of joy for him

I was wondering how it went earlier tonight hehehe was going to bug you for an update

RIFT | Division | Side 7 Art Archive
cheyannew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-25, 06:06   Link #6791
zebra
❙❙❙❙❙❙❙❥

Send a message via AIM to zebra Send a message via MSN to zebra
Quote:

That's good to hear! Glad she's nice and you get along :3
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-25, 07:10   Link #6792
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Update on my situation:

Everything's been going peachy relationship-wise, but not so much in general when it comes to her life. Ever since graduating, she's been looking for a job for 5 months to no avail, while having had to see me pick up a (albeit temporary) job. This is not helped by the fact that her problem is not that employers don't want her; rather, as a non-local, she has to apply for an employment pass from the Ministry of Manpower, which rejected her first application due to a minor technical detail. That first application was filed by an employer who was already keen to hire her, in fact, but it's been 2 months and still no word.

Now, these days she's getting deeper and deeper into funk as she keeps waiting for word on her status, and I'm kind of running low on platitudes here. What else could I say or do to cheer her up, and if you're from my cramped corner of the world, what options can I explore to actually be of some help to her?
Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-25, 10:20   Link #6793
zebra
❙❙❙❙❙❙❙❥

Send a message via AIM to zebra Send a message via MSN to zebra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascaloth View Post
Now, these days she's getting deeper and deeper into funk as she keeps waiting for word on her status, and I'm kind of running low on platitudes here. What else could I say or do to cheer her up, and if you're from my cramped corner of the world, what options can I explore to actually be of some help to her?
You're already doing things right from my point of view. Support her, try to cheer her up, be understanding - she seems to just have it rocky atm, but things will turn out for the better eventually. There's not much you can do other than that.
Call her out on it if she behaves too out of line, but assure her that you'll support her and stay by her side. The most important thing is patience, you being there is very valuable when she's down, I bet
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-25, 10:23   Link #6794
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Quote:
Update on my situation:

Everything's been going peachy relationship-wise, but not so much in general when it comes to her life. Ever since graduating, she's been looking for a job for 5 months to no avail, while having had to see me pick up a (albeit temporary) job. This is not helped by the fact that her problem is not that employers don't want her; rather, as a non-local, she has to apply for an employment pass from the Ministry of Manpower, which rejected her first application due to a minor technical detail. That first application was filed by an employer who was already keen to hire her, in fact, but it's been 2 months and still no word.

Ouchies, unemployment, fun. I feel your pain; while not quite the same, my father has been unemployed for roughly two years, and I've been the one person he really talks to about it for some reason or another. I think for now you're doing fine as you are, like Zebra said; you're comforting her and giving her support when she needs it, and don't be afraid to rein her in if she starts to become a little too much to handle. There's really nothing else you can do at this point but give her a shoulder to lean on until she manages to find a job.
Old 2010-10-25, 15:08   Link #6795
Kafriel
Senior Guest

If she's desperate for work in order to fulfill her working needs, there can never be enough waitresses/cashiers/saleswomen in the world. If she's after something specific, I think there should be an office for the unemployed to get a job, no idea on their lists and crowd though.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-25, 17:15   Link #6796
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
@Kafriel: Sometimes it's not even possible to get a shit job. I should know this, as I've been trying for nearly eighteen months to just get any job, and the best I was able to do was a temporary four-month stint as a street-sweeper.
Old 2010-10-26, 02:12   Link #6797
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Update on my situation:

What kind of employment pass is she holding? If she is holding a pass that allows her to take up temp jobs, she must as well take up a temp.

I sent you a PM on a hire opportunity, with some info that has been provided by you about her in this thread. If the employment pass is not ready, it is time to hammer them - employment pass registrations don't take that long.

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
@Kafriel: Sometimes it's not even possible to get a shit job. I should know this, as I've been trying for nearly eighteen months to just get any job, and the best I was able to do was a temporary four-month stint as a street-sweeper.
I got a PT job at a music bookshop and seriously, I don't really like it. I am just there for the money.

On the other hand, I have people pulling my strings to get them all sorts of weird stuff from overseas, or asking me to help them with computer repairs. Maybe I should start charging, or go back to jumping from temp-to-temp.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.

Last edited by SaintessHeart; 2010-10-26 at 02:27.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-26, 04:35   Link #6798
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:
Update on my situation:

Just stay on the grind and tell her not to give up. I suppose. What else can you do? Unless you can assist her in her job search for whatever it is she does.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-26, 07:30   Link #6799
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

On top of what's been said already, the other thing I would think of doing is contacting the watchdogs for this employment pass system and other similar employment issues. There should be authorities or people employed to oversee the process and scrutinise it (in Australia they're called the Ombudsman, no idea if that would be the term in your area). Two months to process an employment pass?! I don't buy that at all. Your girlfriend has rights and there should be people she can contact to assist her.

I would also advise to find ways to keep her active and mentally stimulated. Exercise, planning chores - whatever gets her going.
Old 2010-10-26, 07:39   Link #6800
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
On top of what's been said already, the other thing I would think of doing is contacting the watchdogs for this employment pass system and other similar employment issues. There should be authorities or people employed to oversee the process and scrutinise it (in Australia they're called the Ombudsman, no idea if that would be the term in your area). Two months to process an employment pass?! I don't buy that at all. Your girlfriend has rights and there should be people she can contact to assist her.

I would also advise to find ways to keep her active and mentally stimulated. Exercise, planning chores - whatever gets her going.
Well.....

1) The employment pass in question is from the Ministry of Manpower here. I don't think it's an issue of watchdogs.

2) It's not really 2 months for processing an employment pass; it's that amount of time for an appeal. Her initial one got rejected for a minor technical detail, like I said earlier. And I did hear that appeals take quite a bit of time over here.

But anyway, thanks for the suggestions. Since I'm working myself, I can't spend that much time with her....but that's hardly an issue, at least for this girl, since she's very motivated in keeping herself occupied.

And thanks to everyone else as well. I'll keep doing my best in lifting her mood. Just hope good news will come soon for her.
Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
advice, break-ups, dating, dating after divorce, divorce, happiness, love, pairings, single dad, single mom