AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Vampire Knight

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-01-08, 22:21   Link #1
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Vampire Knight Guilty - Overall Series Impressions & Total Series Rating

This thread is to be used for discussing the entire 13 episodes of Vampire Knight Guilty ... your thoughts about the show, overall impressions, expectations and hopes about the DVD only footage etc.

A few subjects you might want to ramble on about:
  • General impression of the series.
  • Opinions on the overall story, writing & plot devices.
  • Thoughts about the animation quality.
  • Characters/Character Design
  • Voice Acting

• Which kind of footage (DVD only) you feel you'd really like to see.
  • What the show meant to you.
  • What could the creators/animators/writers have done better.

And so on.

The poll represents your total series rating. In other words, how you would rate all the episodes combined (1-10)? If you'd rather rate the whole series by technical/artistic merits, you can do so. An example:

Animation Quality: 1-10
Voice Actors: 1-10
Script: 1-10
Soundtrack: 1-10
Editing: 1-10
Enjoyment: 1-10
Emotional Involvement: 1-10

Average = Total Series Rating

Or a combination of the two. Or your general gut feeling.

Feel free to discuss and more importantly, have fun
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2009-01-08, 23:22   Link #2
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

I'd have to give it a 6/10. I think they could definitely fix the pacing on this anime. IT was quite boring for the beginning...until it hit like episode 8 imo. I mean it was some nice material building up for 8..i guess, but the way they executed it was a bit iffy. Plus the last episode just didn't click with me that much, and yes im aware of the manga and its current position, and given said manga's position, the naime couldn't come up with a better ending...but its the fact that they took out certain IMPORTANT parts and the fact that some scenes in the last episode sucked that really made me bring the score down on what i had high expectations for.

Animation Quality: 7
Voice Actors: 8
Script: 5
Soundtrack: 5
Editing: 6
Enjoyment: 7
Emotional Involvement: 6
Old 2009-01-20, 08:55   Link #3
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Here's my review.

I gave this an "Above Average" rating. 6/10. I really liked the way the show answered the questions posed by the mystery, but I thought the show basically peaked too early, when it was revealed that
Spoiler:
But, far and away, my biggest problem with the show was that Rido was a boring bad-guy. Kaname made the comment towards the end of the show that everything was going just as he'd planned, and a lot of things had in fact exceeded his expectation. Well, it wasn't exactly like Rido was posing much of a challenge by trying to scheme back. He seemed to be more interested in sucking blood from pretty young vampire chicks than trying to come up with a plan to best Kaname. The Elder Vampire Council would have made a far more interesting main antagonist, since there's more scope for conspiracy and schemes within the institution, but they were unfortunately dealt with like they were a side henchman.

I think the best way to describe Vampire Knight as a whole is, it was almost good.
Old 2009-01-20, 18:52   Link #4
Starry Dust
Lurkin' in ur threadz.

Pacing, pacing, and pacing was clearly a big problem for the series...the whole series in general.

Animation Quality: 7; wasn't as bad as the first season but it somehow made it through. It had more decent/good animation this time.

Voice Actors: 8; not an expert of Japanese language but it sounded good. No one's voice irritated me lol

Script: 6; some of what the characters said seemed odd and outta placed aside from the manga context. Especially towards the ending of the series.

Soundtrack: 10; both VK/VK Guilty OSTs placed up near the top of one of the best/enjoyable anime soundtracks I've heard. The engaging piano/violin pieces are beautiful within classical music. Theme songs were great too.

Editing: 6

Enjoyment: 7; what can I say, it's an adaptation of one of my most fav shoujo series. I had to enjoy it someway even if I just watched it for certain characters xD

Emotional Involvement: 7; I think the animators displayed the heavy materials in VK rather nicely. I did tear up a bit ^^;
Old 2009-01-26, 03:24   Link #5
Droplet
ヘ( ̄▽ ̄ヘ)(ノ ̄▽ ̄)ノ

The last episode surprised me! I'm really impressed that they managed to make it look good and leave the viewers with a feeling of closure, for now at least.

Just for the ending, I gave VK:G an 8/10
Old 2009-01-27, 12:42   Link #6
Bloody_Hime
Let Me Let You Know
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Bloody_Hime
I give it a 7/10. In general I've liked it but the last episode was just horrible, although I have to read the manga yet to compare it with the anime but I think this series deserved a much better final episode that enclosed the plot of VK.

Animation quality: 7, although it was better the one from the 2nd season than from the 1st season

Voice of actors: 8

Script: 7, it had to be good, because, after all, it's an adaptation of the manga

Soundtrack: 6, I didn't like some of the songs in it

Enjoyment: 8. The characters were very good drawn and the plot had some funny and interesting moments

Emotional Involvement: 8. It made me cry the ep where Ichiru dies. It was just so good

Last edited by Bloody_Hime; 2009-01-27 at 13:01.
Old 2009-02-02, 08:18   Link #7
shinryou
--- semi-hikikomori ---

I give it 6.5/10. I guess it was OK in general but what really made it bad for me was the "final battle" as well as the ending of the series. I definatly think they could have done more with it. This definatly can't be the end seeing as the manga is still going, so hopefully they end the VK series well. Speaking of the manga, I found that the manga definatly has overall better quality than the anime in terms of the way the story is played out, though it is nice to see a manga u read animated

Animation Quality: 7.5 Improment from pervious season for sure

Voice Actors: 9 For me it was well done

Script: 8 As it comes from the manga, which I enjoy a lot

Soundtrack: 5.5 The music didn't really "set th mood" of some scenes and at times seemed to bore me

Enjoyment: 7.5 overall was pretty enjoyable to watch

Emotional Involvment: 8 This was excellent
Old 2009-02-07, 13:05   Link #8
Fionlasan

Well, I'm still working on reading the manga, but the anime I would give a 8.5/10. I think it was the way that they ended it.. the ending battle... and not many actual 'vampire' scenes, if you know what I mean. But so far, I'm really enjoying the manga. ^_^

Animation Quality: 8
Voice Actors: 8 (I don't know Japanese at all, but the 'voices' never lost me at all, lol)
Script: 7
Soundtrack: 10 (Top listened to album on my itunes, I lov the organ, piano, and violin.)
Editing: 8
Enjoyment: 10
Emotional Involvement: 10 (I started crying at the end with the whole final parting/biting between Yuuki and Zero for some reason 0_o)
Old 2009-04-08, 23:04   Link #9
nhoc_sophia

I would give it a 9. Just to clearify that when Kaname said everything went according to his plan. It’s more like he’s trying to reassure himself that everything will be alright. It sounds almost painful.. Hmph not many people catch that… Many things didn’t go according to plan…like his attachment to those who he claimed “his pawns”… ( when he says pawns..it should be interpret as nakama). And also Yuuki’s decision was also unexpected to him. Anyways, characters are well portrayed. I love every single one of them. Especially Kaname, his character requires a deep interpretation. He is not made to be sympathized or to be liked…He is made to be criticized and hated..Yet…those who understand his actions can’t stop following and love him. This is definitely ONE OF THE BEST manga/anime.
Old 2009-04-08, 23:25   Link #10
jagass

Very nice thread...Thanks to this...lol
Old 2009-04-09, 01:24   Link #11
ila-chan
ermmm...

Animation Quality: 7 - nobody could produce images a beautiful as Hino Matsuri sensei could; so the animators did their best
Voice Actors: 9 - Of all the seiyuu, Kisho Daisuke is definitely born to become Kaname's VA
Script: 9 - well, they did rip 3/4 of it out of the manga
Soundtrack: 8.5 - the OST is haunting. A friend had the creeps listening to Still Doll at 3 in the morning
Editing: 6.5 - they changed some of the scenes. Frankly, I don't like it
Enjoyment: 7 - because I love VK, and I think I need to see it no matter how bad it would turn out to be
Emotional Involvement: 6 - the manga is better. Sorry

Average = 7.57
Old 2009-08-30, 17:13   Link #12
katiemirmo
Chrome.o23
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Yahoo to katiemirmo
Animation Quality: 1-10
Voice Actors: 6/10
Script: 10/10!
Soundtrack: 7/10.this would have been 10/10 if it wasn't for the Ending song..
Editing: 5/10,nothing much has changed
Enjoyment: 10/10!I enjyed it so much!
Emotional Involvement: 6/10..i didn't cry.XD
Old 2009-10-02, 10:29   Link #13
`s m i l e -
`s m i l e -

I really like Kiryuu zero .

He is cold ,but he is gentle sometimes .
Old 2009-12-05, 12:27   Link #14
OtakuElo

I love this series so overall I would give it:

Voice Actors: 9
Script: 8
Soundtrack: 8
Editing: 7
Enjoyment: 9
Emotional Involvement: 8

I especially liked the Yume ending, but Zero also did get something out of it.
Old 2010-01-19, 09:01   Link #15
wing 00

ive never seen the siries but ive read the manga so id give it a 8/10
Old 2010-01-20, 00:44   Link #16
Aimingan12
Chibi's Bishie
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Aimingan12
Soundtrack: 9
Enjoyment: 9
Emotional Involvement: 7
Very good series, Zeros role is pretty good

"All is lost."
Old 2010-02-06, 20:27   Link #17
Sessuna

Script: 7
Soundtrack: 8.5
Enjoyment:6

I might have given it higher ratings but it was in the middle of reading the Twilight series that I watched this, and that series just ruined vampires for me. And now I don't even want to watch anymore vampire anything for awhile.
Old 2010-02-07, 05:10   Link #18
TyG3R

Voice Actors: 8.5
Soundtrack: 7.5
Enjoyment: 8
Old 2010-03-26, 15:00   Link #19
Kokosas

Voice Actors: 8.5
Soundtrack: 7.5
Enjoyment: 8

Old 2010-03-27, 05:29   Link #20
Yuuki97

Overall i give the anime 9/10
I agree that instead of rido maybe someone like the elder council, that would be a good battle.

I am an kanamexYuuki fan, but the thing is, i hate how zero was left totally heartbroken (obviously yuuki and kaname have to be together! ) I think they could of found zero a girl that he would like even more than yuuki (like yori or something ) And he could suck her blood all he liked
Closed Thread