AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Soul Eater

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-04-24, 14:00   Link #1
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Soul Eater - Requests for new threads

Since the Soul Eater forum is limited (only Mods and Admin can create new threads), this thread serves as a way to request a new thread to be created.

Please post here if you wish to request a new Soul Eater thread. Please bear in mind that we will only accept reasonable requests, we wish to maintain the focus within the forum and cut down on the noise (so no pointless threads cluttering up the place).

Don't forget that you may still post in existing threads as usual, the only restriction is that you may not create new threads within this particular forum.
Old 2008-04-24, 22:40   Link #2
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

First post!

Anyway, I do think we need the usual main character discussion threads (I would use the character and their weapon's names in the thread title: Character discussion: Maaka & Soul, etc.), a music video thread, a speculation thread, and quite possibly a World of Soul Eater thread.

Old 2008-04-25, 03:59   Link #3
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

The forum has existed for less than a day. Those threads will come, but there's disadvantage to making them all at once.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2008-04-25, 05:55   Link #4
terrus

Can we get a spoiler and speculation thread?
Old 2008-04-25, 08:01   Link #5
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

I take it we'll be seeing the first character poll past episode 10/15?
Old 2008-04-25, 11:39   Link #6
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

We have no set time to create a character poll. It will be when we feel the anime has shown enough of the characters that it isn't just about the manga. Don't ask for it; we'll do it on our own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrus View Post
Can we get a spoiler and speculation thread?
For a fighting show? Really? Yeah, even fighting shows often have long range plot so I can't think of a good reason to refuse. Sure.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2008-04-26, 18:54   Link #7
John Doe

Can we get a thread that catalogues the differences between the normal version and the late night version of this show?
Old 2008-04-26, 19:06   Link #8
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Sounds like a topic that can be discussed in the Soul Eater (Generic Discussion thread) unless I'm missing something here.
Old 2008-04-27, 03:28   Link #9
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Doe View Post
Can we get a thread that catalogues the differences between the normal version and the late night version of this show?
If we did have such a thread, all we are going to get are questions and replies such as those that have already been asked and answered.

Or in other words, there doesn't seem to be any difference with the exception that the later version has an extended episode preview.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinsoo View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaluaine View Post
errr ... can someone tell me the difference between the Late Night airing of SE and the monday one ?
Extended episode preview at the end OTL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoe View Post
Once again, I don't think we're gonna see any differences in the late show. The most questionable scene matches the shot from Shinigami-sama's preview in episode 1.
Quote:
Once again, no changes in the late show.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by outcast_within View Post
what was the difference between the late night and the normal episode this time?
None of the actual content was changed, just the preview and eye-catch.
Quote:
In case anybody missed it in the other thread, the late show didn't change any of the content of episode three aside from the next preview.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by outcast_within View Post
Any difference this time between late night version and normal version?
Once again, no.
Old 2008-04-27, 20:20   Link #10
ChibiGoku
FightingMagic Founder

Actually, I think what's happening is these episodes were finished before the decision to create seperate versions had arrised. This may explain why were getting those "Extra" Segments that seem to be just simply thrown together. This may mean that one of the upcoming episodes may start to have differences between the normal airing and late night airing.

Just my input, regarding the whole situation to the above question.
Old 2008-04-27, 20:32   Link #11
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

Right now though it can be summed up in a single sentence (The only difference is that the late night version has a longer preview for the next episode.) so we'd rather not create a discussion thread just for that single sentence. If the situation changes, then our response will change.

Old 2008-04-28, 00:57   Link #12
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Can we have a thread to discuss the origin of the weapons? Soul is still unknown, Tsubaki have an arc later in the manga, Thompson sisters was touched a bit too.. and there's Ragnarok and best of all we have Maaka's father D:
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2008-04-28, 01:04   Link #13
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Sounds interesting.

Step 1: Make the opening post.
Step 2: Post it here.
Step 3: You shall have your thread.

Old 2008-04-28, 01:49   Link #14
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Damn my big mouth I'll never request a thread again

-----------------

This thread is to discuss the origin of the weapons characters in Soul Eater. We have currently 4 (or 5 of we considered the sisters as 2 weapons), Soul, Tsubaki, Thompson sisters and lastly Maaka's dad. Are they originally human? or are they manufactured?

So what do we already know about these guys/gals.

Soul..
Not disclosed yet but we could guess a bit..
Spoiler for manga:

His first dialogue in the anime also says that he is similar to Jack the Ripper. Which is nonhuman.

Tsubaki..
Spoiler for manga:

Thompson sister..
Spoiler for manga:

Maaka's Dad..
A weapon.. Also a human as he is Maaka's dad.. The first guy that made me curious as to what weapon's actually are in the first place

Manga weapons..
Spoiler for manga:

So, how actually a weapon is born? Voluntarily offer to turn into a weapon? Trained and learn the art to become one? Manufactured yet have ability of a fully functional human? (As Maaka's dad proves )

------

I passed?
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2008-04-28, 04:50   Link #15
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiNA View Post
Damn my big mouth I'll never request a thread again
Welcome to our world! You should know that creating a good thread is real work that requires knowlege of the subject to do well. If it looks easy, that means we did a good job. Unfortunately your starting thread does not look easy, but it was a really hard one to do well.

Fortunately monir was able to push the job off on you since you know more about Soul Eater than we do.

Old 2008-04-28, 05:23   Link #16
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

I really thought its a good interesting topic to discuss too.. Maybe manga peoples have done discussing it in the manga thread and dont wished to rediscussed it again .. I've never gone to the manga thread myself as there are released raw version available .. that I cant read myself >.<
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2008-05-08, 17:26   Link #17
ellifeedn
Thinker

Could there be character discussions for other characters like Stein, Maka's father, Shinigami, and Medusa and her sisters?
Old 2008-05-08, 18:08   Link #18
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
Could there be character discussions for other characters like Stein, Maka's father, Shinigami, and Medusa and her sisters?
There probably will be but a little later as the series progresses, remember we're only have 5 epis so far. We'll have to see who deserves a thread and who doesnt.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2008-05-08, 20:02   Link #19
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post
There probably will be but a little later as the series progresses, remember we're only have 5 epis so far. We'll have to see who deserves a thread and who doesnt.
How about using a general character thread for those non-main characters? (like in the Macross forum: Macross Frontier - General Character Discussion)

Old 2008-05-09, 15:18   Link #20
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowKenobi View Post
How about using a general character thread for those non-main characters? (like in the Macross forum: Macross Frontier - General Character Discussion)

Good idea 8D
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Closed Thread