AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Aquarion Series > Past Aquarion Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-04-12, 21:18   Link #21
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuul View Post
I'm not the biggest Amata fan here, but seeing him getting beaten so badly to buy some time for Mikono(ep 15) really made me feel sad.

And a little angry at Kagura.
Well he got a long awaited power up as a result.
Old 2012-04-16, 05:06   Link #22
Zuul

Wow Amata. You were really show in a creepy light this week.

Stalking Mikono and listening to her private conversation with her friend. Instead of just having some balls and honesty and ask her about Kagura.

It was extremelly disturbing and pathetic in a bad way.

The most shoking is that Andy is encouraging him doing so. I had much more higher expectations for his common sense. i'm really disappointed.
Old 2012-04-16, 06:09   Link #23
kuromitsu

Zuul, did Amata kill your dog and set fire to his doghouse or something?

Also I find it amusing that you apparently "ship" Zessica with such a horrible, despicable (also, boring) human being. Do you even know what you're wishing for the poor girl? Surely, being into Zessica instead of Mikono wouldn't excuse such a disgusting behavior, to say nothing of all his other huge character flaws.
Old 2012-04-16, 06:18   Link #24
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post

Also I find it amusing that you apparently "ship" Zessica with such a horrible, despicable (also, boring) human being. Do you even know what you're wishing for the poor girl? Surely, being into Zessica instead of Mikono wouldn't excuse such a disgusting behavior, to say nothing of all his other huge character flaws.
I'm not even sure what he wants anymore, he's just raging at everything that he can think of.

Give him an hour or two and he'll come back with something new to rage.
Old 2012-04-16, 08:10   Link #25
Zuul

Quote:

I'm not sure if I feel like shipping her with him actually.

I'm going to turn full yuri and have her with Mix from now on.

I'm Chouchou. And I just don't like him looking like a desperate doormat. He really looks like an abandoned puppy and I don't really like that.

He has shown to be reasonnably manly when piloting the aquarion, but whenever it's about Mikono he loses all his pride as a man it seems.

Last edited by Zuul; 2012-04-16 at 11:37.
Old 2012-04-16, 13:23   Link #26
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuul View Post
I'm not sure if I feel like shipping her with him actually.

I'm going to turn full yuri and have her with Mix from now on.

I'm Chouchou. And I just don't like him looking like a desperate doormat. He really looks like an abandoned puppy and I don't really like that.

He has shown to be reasonnably manly when piloting the aquarion, but whenever it's about Mikono he loses all his pride as a man it seems.
Kagura can also be considered an abandoned puppy. Always chasing after Mikono when she showed nothing but fear to him whenever he was with her. He's even more single minded than Amata.
Old 2012-04-16, 21:23   Link #27
Zaresh
Caperucita Roja

Someone does not like nice guys here :/.
Old 2012-04-17, 06:43   Link #28
Korps!
Ikarechimattaze!

Andy's a nice guy, I sure do like him.

He is a great friend to AMATA.
Old 2012-04-17, 10:43   Link #29
theflyingturkey
Swordy Turkey

Amata's behaviour in ep 16 made me facepalm.
Seriously, trying to screw destiny by buying shu shu groceries?
Go talk with your girl if you're so concerned for her dammit.

Also at the end of the episode where Zessica was terrified about almost killing her friends? AMATA IS STILL CONCERNED ABOUT MIKONO.
I'd have to agree to whoever said that he was behaving like a love stuck teen.

IMHO, Amata is pretty shallow in this respect. Someone pointed out that Amata was clingy to Mikono due to confidence issues/fear of abandonment/etc and I couldn't agree more.
The 'naive wide-eye nice guy' was fun for the beginning but he needs to take his development elsewhere. The show has dried up his interactions with Mikono and it's time he tried a different fruit. Just not Mikono.

I don't hate Amata or Mikono, I usually decide these kind of things for the end of a series, cause the show has still plenty of time to develop these characters.
And to avoid some shipping arguments, I'd be fine if Amata/Zessica didn't happen. Just develop their relationship so Amata can grow to a more mature individual, is what I want.

Last edited by theflyingturkey; 2012-04-17 at 11:02.
Old 2012-04-17, 14:55   Link #30
Zaresh
Caperucita Roja

Quote:
Also at the end of the episode where Zessica was terrified about almost killing her friends? AMATA IS STILL CONCERNED ABOUT MIKONO.
To be fair, the three of them were pretty selfconcerned with their own issues at the moment: Amata was wondering if it would be right screwing with destiny after all those images from the past; Zessica was blaming herself because her selfishness would have killed her friends, just because she confessed; and Mikono was, well, wondering for Kagura and her behaviour, if IIRC (I pretty much feel apathy for her at this point, so I wasn't paying attention). They were kinda in shock, I can't blame them.
Old 2012-04-17, 15:59   Link #31
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by theflyingturkey View Post
Because that sort of thing works just like that for everyone...

Quote:
I'd have to agree to whoever said that he was behaving like a love stuck teen.
Because... this may surprise you... wait for it... he's a love struck teen. Just like Zessica is a love struck teen (have you seen how she's been behaving ever since she fell for Amata?), and Mikono is a teen who is very confused at the moment but still has feelings for Amata (like it or not). And Kagura is a love struck human-demonwolf hybrid/whatever he is, really. Why is this a problem?

By the way, he wasn't concerned about Mikono, he was mainly concerned about his own issues. He know what he wants - he has an idea how to get it - he doesn't know if he can do it and what he'd just seen didn't exactly boost his self-confidence. And anyway, what would you have him say? "No Zessica, you didn't do anything wrong by going against the rule Fudou set in stone and as a consequence almost blowing us all up, it's OK, I don't mind"?

And I really don't understand why people are blaming Amata for not "noticing" Zessica. (Well, I do but I don't see the rationale.) You're under absolutely no obligation to someone just because they're in love with you, especially if you happen to love someone else. No-one "deserves" another person's attention and care just because they're in love with him/her.
Old 2012-04-17, 16:57   Link #32
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Amata's behaviour in ep 16 made me facepalm.
Seriously, trying to screw destiny by buying shu shu groceries?
You mean the Mikono who has her own issues and confusion that she hasn't sorted out yet herself is going to have answers for him?
Old 2012-04-17, 17:45   Link #33
Vena
Carpe Diem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
You mean the Mikono who has her own issues and confusion that she hasn't sorted out yet herself is going to have answers for him?
Andy called him out on it though, sort of. That Amata wasn't doing anything and that, while it still worked out in the end because of Yunoha, Amata's inaction would lead to him losing. And then it went on to trying to sway the *cat* to like him so that he can be on an even playing field with Kagura. MIX and Zessica had a similar discussion about what is best to do when something's gone wrong (though the reasons were different). MIX and Andy ha(d)ve more or less the same response: act!

Oh god. Six episodes ago Zessica was comparing herself to Mikono. Now Amata's comparing himself to Kagura. Next Mykage's going to start comparing himself to Touma, and rainbows will shoot from my eyes!
Old 2012-04-17, 23:47   Link #34
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
It's really annoying being compared to somebody else who is quite different from yourself.

Everyone is unique.
Old 2012-04-18, 02:47   Link #35
theflyingturkey
Swordy Turkey

Quote:

Because... this may surprise you... wait for it... he's a love struck teen. Just like Zessica is a love struck teen (have you seen how she's been behaving ever since she fell for Amata?), and Mikono is a teen who is very confused at the moment but still has feelings for Amata (like it or not). And Kagura is a love struck human-demonwolf hybrid/whatever he is, really. Why is this a problem?
Unfortunately I do know that he's behaving like a lovestruck teen. My complaint was about his behavior due to him being lovestruck. (It's been 16 episodes dammit)
And Kagura? He doesn't get enough screen time for proper development, the most we had was episode 15 and that was only half the episode, but this is for the Kagura thread, so I'm not going to elaborate.

Quote:
By the way, he wasn't concerned about Mikono, he was mainly concerned about his own issues. He know what he wants - he has an idea how to get it - he doesn't know if he can do it and what he'd just seen didn't exactly boost his self-confidence. And anyway, what would you have him say? "No Zessica, you didn't do anything wrong by going against the rule Fudou set in stone and as a consequence almost blowing us all up, it's OK, I don't mind"?
Ah, I apologize, I meant that he was concerned if he could hook up with Mikono.
And what would I have him say to Zessica? Words of comfort. Almost killing your friends is a far more pressing issue (and less immediate) than his love life.

That said my complaint with Amata is that he still hasn't gotten proper character development. After 16 episodes, 99% of the time, anything that's on his head Mikono.
I'd like it if he showed more concerned for others.

Quote:

And I really don't understand why people are blaming Amata for not "noticing" Zessica. (Well, I do but I don't see the rationale.) You're under absolutely no obligation to someone just because they're in love with you, especially if you happen to love someone else. No-one "deserves" another person's attention and care just because they're in love with him/her.
I never blamed Amata for not noticing Zessica's feelings for him. I was merely stated that the only thing that's ever in his head (most of the time) was Mikono.
Even when there are more immediate matters that he should be concerned of.

And trying to get in the way of two star-crossed lovers who waited for 12 000 years to get together is pretty dickish of him. (I actually don't count this as fate, more like a 12 000 year old promise.)
He could learn a thing or two about Zessica's 'I want my beloved to be happy'

Despite that, the series is doing a good job at keeping his character consistent.
But his behaviour right now is just immature, and we've only got 10 episodes left for them to fix that.

Last edited by theflyingturkey; 2012-04-18 at 03:16.
Old 2012-04-18, 05:56   Link #36
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Unfortunately I do know that he's behaving like a lovestruck teen. My complaint was about his behavior due to him being lovestruck. (It's been 16 episodes dammit)
And Kagura? He doesn't get enough screen time for proper development, the most we had was episode 15 and that was only half the episode, but this is for the Kagura thread, so I'm not going to elaborate.
Regardless of whether he has 'proper development' yet, I don't think it's unreasonable to make assessment on what we know so far about him.

Quote:
Ah, I apologize, I meant that he was concerned if he could hook up with Mikono.
And what would I have him say to Zessica? Words of comfort. Almost killing your friends is a far more pressing issue (and less immediate) than his love life.
Things are rough all around and everybody has their issues to deal with, if they could so easily put them aside then it wouldn't be an issue in the first place.

And while it is relatively more serious, it's hardly an critical issue that requires immediate attention- Zessica is not a fragile girl that shatters at the first sign of depression.

Quote:
That said my complaint with Amata is that he still hasn't gotten proper character development. After 16 episodes, 99% of the time, anything that's on his head Mikono.
I'd like it if he showed more concerned for others.
You mean for Zessica, because other than Mikono, nobody else seem to have that much baggage.

(Both Mix and Yunoha got their issues settle relatively quick...)

Quote:
Even when there are more immediate matters that he should be concerned of.
Look in case it wasn't obvious enough, almost all of the 'serious business' that requires immediate attention happens to involve Mikono- Specifically involving her getting taken away, if not then it involves Kagura trashing up the place, which still directly relates to Mikono.

So Mikono is on his mind whenever those things happen.

Quote:
And trying to get in the way of two star-crossed lovers who waited for 12 000 years to get together is pretty dickish of him. (I actually don't count this as fate, more like a 12 000 year old promise.)
Lol I didn't know there was a queue.

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2012-04-18 at 07:06.
Old 2012-04-18, 07:01   Link #37
kuromitsu

I second everything Chaos2Frozen said...

Quote:
You're not serious, are you? How is it dickish? Why should he give up his happiness just because some other guy claims the girl is his and his only because omg destiny? If Mikono showed that she was indeed in love with Kagura and wanted to be with him, and she didn't feel the same for Amata - if Amata's love was one-sided then there might be a reason for Amata to bow out. But as it is, Mikono likes Amata and accepts his very obvious feelings (episode 5, anyone? and even later, if she found his attempts to pursue her uncomfortable she wouldn't hang out with him, wouldn't be jealous, etc), and she's confused about Kagura. Amata has every right to try until Mikono tells him to stop.

(All this, of course, is supposing that Kagura is the reincarnation of Apollon and Mikono is Sylphie. Which is not exactly set in stone at the moment.)
Old 2012-04-18, 07:19   Link #38
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:

And while it is relatively more serious, it's hardly an critical issue that requires immediate attention
And winning over Shushu is?

Amata is willing to buy all that stuff to try to win over Mikono's pet but he can't offer any words of comfort to Zessica after she makes a passionate love confession to him?

Quote:
- Zessica is not a fragile girl that shatters at the first sign of depression.
Actually, it's debatable how well she's handling things. She has gone into a bit of a shell the last few episodes, and she has been shattering some things around her.

Besides, even if you're right, how does Amata know this?

Amata should have shown a bit more concern for Zessica in Episode 16, imo. I still think he's a pretty good male lead, but the guy can be single-minded to a fault.
Old 2012-04-18, 07:26   Link #39
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
And winning over Shushu is?

Amata is willing to buy all that stuff to try to win over Mikono's pet but he can't offer any words of comfort to Zessica after she makes a passionate love confession to him?
I would argue that the situation involve in both of them are different

Had he still been thinking about ShuShu at the end of the episode after all that had happen well...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Actually, it's debatable how well she's handling things. She has gone into a bit of a shell the last few episodes, and she has been shattering some things around her.

Besides, even if you're right, how does Amata know this?

Amata should have shown a bit more concern for Zessica in Episode 16, imo. I still think he's a pretty good male lead, but the guy can be single-minded to a fault.
I want to clarify that it's not that I think he didn't have to say anything- But I understand that he has his own crap to deal with at the moment.

We all have our crappy moments that we just can't put aside even if it is for other people, yes we know what is the right thing to do, but at that moment...

...Actually here's another thing- Why does it have to be Amata ?
Old 2012-04-18, 07:35   Link #40
theflyingturkey
Swordy Turkey

Quote:
Regardless of whether he has 'proper development' yet, I don't think it's unreasonable to make assessment on what we know so far about him.
But we already are making assessments of him. That's the entire point of this forum. To discuss the characters as the series progresses.

Quote:
Things are rough all around and everybody has their issues to deal with, if they could so easily put them aside then it wouldn't be an issue in the first place.

And while it is relatively more serious, it's hardly an critical issue that requires immediate attention- Zessica is not a fragile girl that shatters at the first sign of depression.
I get where you're coming from in the first paragraph but the second misses my point.
Amata should still offer comfort for others regardless of how strong willed they are. Because it's the nice thing to do.

Quote:
You mean for Zessica, because other than Mikono, nobody else seem to have that much baggage.
Well, damn. You're right. No one else has that much baggage.
*bows head in defeat*

Quote:
Look in case it wasn't obvious enough, almost all of the 'serious business' that requires immediate attention happens to involve Mikono- Specifically involving her getting taken away, if not then it involves Kagura trashing up the place, which still directly relates to Mikono.
His immediate concern was his love life and was not thinking about Kagura trashing Neo Deeva or anywhere for the matter.

@Kuromitsu and Chaos for the star-crossed lovers thing.
Let me rephrase that. Amata saw 2 lovers from 12 000 year before lovingly embracing each other before being forced to part ways because fate *cough*Kawamouri*cough* was trolling them.

And right now, there is a very slight chance that Mikono and Kagura may be those star-crossed lovers.

He should at the very least have some consideration for 2 souls who has been waiting for 12 000 years to reunite right? But that didn't even occur to him.

I'm not trying to say that Amata should behave in my specified manner for the show to be 'better'.
In fact, I've been giving the show nines and tens in the polls. (Because the execution was awesome)
I am simply pointing out what I believe to be his character flaws.
Closed Thread

Tags
characters