AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2012-07-01, 00:15   Link #3601
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Well, he WAS trained in the use of a non-transformable mobile suit, after all, not a variable MS like the Aegis or the Savior.
Even so, none of the examples that I used has anything to do with whether or not his mobile suit can transform.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-01, 01:14   Link #3602
Destined_Fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
It's because the Gundam design philosophy clashes with the design philosophy of ZAFT mobile suits, with the dome heads and monoeyes. It's been lampshaded in Astray before with the Freedom Gundam.
Maybe but they've been making Gundams for awhile. Besides, the guys that made the mass produced mobile suits aren't all the same guys that made the later ZAFT Gundams. That and they stole the Gundams at the start of SEED. So it makes sense that they would be interested in making their own Gundams considering how capable the Gundams ended up being compared to anything else ZAFT developed at that point.

Destiny also shifted away from their more unique mecha designs for mobile suits in SEED and started moving into a more uniformed ZAKU Warrior force with the Gundams as their top guns.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-01, 02:38   Link #3603
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
How is it stupid? You even have a ZAFT Gundam for your Avatar.
I said I hated the fact ZAFT built and used Gundams. I never said I hated their designs. Providence Gundam, Chaos, Abyss, Savior, Impulse, all good designs. But still totally retarded that they were built by ZAFT.

I don't play that shit.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-01, 02:47   Link #3604
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

What's even more retarded is how they didn't make more core splendors for Rey and Luna.... Minerva is a ship specialized for launching the impulse, but they don't actually take advantage and launch more core splendors.
Old 2012-07-01, 02:49   Link #3605
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeriolewinters View Post
What's even more retarded is how they didn't make more core splendors for Rey and Luna.... Minerva is a ship specialized for launching the impulse, but they don't actually take advantage and launch more core splendors.
Blah, there's a complaint I have with the Impulse Gundam. In one of the episodes, like...5 minutes where spent showing all the pieces of the Impulse Gundam loading, and launching. It dragged on FOREVER.
Old 2012-07-01, 03:48   Link #3606
Destined_Fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
I said I hated the fact ZAFT built and used Gundams. I never said I hated their designs. Providence Gundam, Chaos, Abyss, Savior, Impulse, all good designs. But still totally retarded that they were built by ZAFT.

I don't play that shit.
It isn't stupid, they saw how powerful a Gundam was so they made their own. What would have been stupid is if they didn't make their own Gundams and tried making a bunch of failed mass produced mobile suits and armors like how the Earth Federation turned out in Destiny.
Old 2012-07-01, 03:55   Link #3607
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Eh no, it's still just stupid. Never liked it, never will.
Old 2012-07-01, 04:08   Link #3608
Destined_Fate

Than that's that than.
Old 2012-07-01, 05:43   Link #3609
Meltyred

The sad thing is, the earth federation decided to stop making gundams, and instead steal ZAFT gundams, seeing how much trouble their own gundams gave themselves.
And it worked.
To a extent.
Meltyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-01, 06:02   Link #3610
Destined_Fate

It worked so well that they all died in the end by a Gundam.
Old 2012-07-01, 09:37   Link #3611
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meltyred View Post
The sad thing is, the earth federation decided to stop making gundams, and instead steal ZAFT gundams, seeing how much trouble their own gundams gave themselves.
And it worked.
To a extent.
i think you forgot Destroy Gundam on the EF's side
Znozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-01, 11:41   Link #3612
Gundamx

For me it's stupid because ZAFT = ZAKU... ZAKU don't need gundam...
(For me ZAFT = ZEON... At least at the beginning of SEED.)

And I hate the fact that ZAFT gundam was built mostly be orb people who run from it after SEED event... those traitors... betrayed the nation they born in...

I don't care if they are Coordinator it's like saying every American black guy must be loyal to Africa not USA specially since Orb never treated as second rate civilian...

And how they thanks the only Natural government that look at them as Orb civilian not as Coordinator?
They steal Orb technology and give it to ZAFT on a silver platter.
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-01, 17:20   Link #3613
Vash1306
Pancakes

I think he is trying to say, why did ZAFT model their prototypes after Federation's mobile suit. Ala why not build a Impulse Gundam that looks like a Zaku, kek.
Vash1306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-01, 17:43   Link #3614
Washu-Chan