AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2011-08-18, 00:43   Link #81
RedKey
天界の異端審問官

Wait a sec, someone download the pirated troll rom and complained to Ryukishi that it contained Umineko music?
Wow, that's just... plain retarded.
RedKey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-18, 00:48   Link #82
Bluemail
Zero of the roulette

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalAura View Post
Speaking of comedic value:
Well yeah, it's not funny when their blaming the creator for it. They should think about how there's actually an extra person who might or might not change things between the original distribution and the pirate file. It's bad if their experience was totally ruined and they lost faith in 07th Expansion, and don't even try to get the real deal.
Bluemail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-18, 00:51   Link #83
immblueversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedKey View Post
Wait a sec, someone download the pirated troll rom and complained to Ryukishi that it contained Umineko music?
Wow, that's just... plain retarded.
So many people give him too little credit for Higanbana, as far as I'm concerned. But I can't say anything for certain, considering how little people seem to want to talk about it. Maybe it's because it has nothing of considerable value to speculate...

I just know what you should be doing.
immblueversion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-18, 01:12   Link #84
Keriaku
Thought Being

I'm pretty pumped for Higanbana personally. I'm probably gonna cave and read through ATLAS. And I hear someone on Tumblr is planning on making a slughtly cleaned up ATLAS patch, if that's news for anyone here. I can find a source if someone's interested.

I'm really interested to see where Ryuukishi goes with this school setting infested with ghosts....
Keriaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-18, 01:33   Link #85
immblueversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalAura View Post
Speaking of comedic value:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuukishi
I don't know the whole story, but apparently there are people whose Higanbana no Saku Yoru ni BGMs turned into Umineko music.

I've been getting emails asking if we got stingy with the music as a cost-cutting measure and made the Umineko BGM do double time, but I don't have any idea what's going on either, so it's rather troubling.

In the first place, no Umineko BGMs exist anywhere on the Higanbana ROM. Someone would have to deliberately switch the files out and rename them, so I'm just left tilting my head in confusion.

All of the BGMs in Higanbana are wonderful pieces, so I hope you enjoy listening to them. If you like, please email the individual composers and let them know what you think!
There have also been accounts of people noting a distinct lack of tracks by zts (in other words, tracks that go "untz untz untz untz"). Then again, there was quite an overload of zts in Umineko, so why complain?

Old 2011-08-18, 01:33   Link #86
AyaSai

Does anyone know what happen in "The Spirit Camera," "The Tutelary Spirit's Shrine," "Hameln's Castanets," "One Day for a Certain Girl," and "Utopia" chapters?
AyaSai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-18, 11:47   Link #87
immblueversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyaSai View Post
Does anyone know what happen in "The Spirit Camera," "The Tutelary Spirit's Shrine," "Hameln's Castanets," "One Day for a Certain Girl," and "Utopia" chapters?
Here's what I could gather on "The Spirit Camera."

Spoiler for Summary of what I know:

The only other thing I could gather from the other stories is from "Hameln's Castanets".

Spoiler for Super mini summary:

Old 2011-08-18, 12:14   Link #88
Kantoku
見ぬが花

2nd blog entry regarding the music swap released half an hour ago!

Spoiler for Blog Entry 552:

Looks like someone finally filled him in on the exact details. Essentially, "go buy the full version please"
Kantoku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-18, 12:17   Link #89
TW25

@LyricalAura

I thought the same thing! Ryuukishi has said that Higanbana isn't something to be solved, but I don't doubt that this was done intentionally. Perhaps it's some form of "extra entertainment" for those who have played Umineko (or can think in that style).

Or else it might be a trap for people who have played Umineko. In the same way some people got confused in Umineko because of Higurashi.

Edit: Also, Hikaru is male? I never would have guessed.

Last edited by TW25; 2011-08-18 at 13:41.
TW25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-18, 14:39   Link #90
Keriaku
Thought Being

It seems that a Higanbana Translation Project is being started here:
http://ronove.blogspot.com/2011/08/h...anslation.html

And it seems to already have two possible translators, which is always good.
Old 2011-08-18, 21:32   Link #91
Yirba
Spider Lily Translations

Quote:
Originally Posted by immblueversion View Post
There have also been accounts of people noting a distinct lack of tracks by zts (in other words, tracks that go "untz untz untz untz").
The funny thing is that one of my favourite tracks from Higurashi Kai is by zts… what is wished. It sounds so joyful and happy! daily passing by is also a fairly happy song. His other track from Higurashi Kai, soak became the sort of thing he'd do for Umineko. Sure, there's stuff like Worldend_dominator which is a fast-paced track, but a lot of the stuff tends to be quite ominous.
Old 2011-08-18, 22:21   Link #92
Keriaku
Thought Being

Yeah, a quick glance at musicbox red shows what zts is capable of beyond murder rave songs: dead angle, apathy, voiceless, wingless; all beautiful.

But back on topic, it seems that 4% overall is done, 26% being from the first story.
Old 2011-08-18, 22:38   Link #93
immblueversion

The person who's doing this is being VERY open about it. Hell, s/he's even planning to show the script for all to see, and for some to help edit, once the first story reaches 100% completion.

I'm just glad the first part's backstory is being told by an actual narrator, and not by some psychotic child molester sitting on a toilet seat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yirba View Post
The funny thing is that one of my favourite tracks from Higurashi Kai is by zts… what is wished. It sounds so joyful and happy! daily passing by is also a fairly happy song. His other track from Higurashi Kai, soak became the sort of thing he'd do for Umineko. Sure, there's stuff like Worldend_dominator which is a fast-paced track, but a lot of the stuff tends to be quite ominous.
I remember there was a time when Higurashi didn't have composers. 07th Expansion just used copyright-free doujin songs for the first four chapters. It wasn't until Kai that composers actually wanted to make music for them, and thus dai and zts joined the circle. Maybe that's why they replaced all the music with new compositions when it was released as Matsuri on the PS2.

Old 2011-08-18, 22:47   Link #94
AyaSai

Quote:
Here's what I could gather on "The Spirit Camera."

Spoiler for Summary of what I know:
That explains (a little bit of) art between those two:
Spoiler for Takeshi and Youko:

Thank you! Can't wait for more info of the other chapters.
AyaSai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-18, 23:24   Link #95
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Spoiler for Random thoughts:
Old 2011-08-18, 23:47   Link #96
immblueversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyaSai View Post
That explains (a little bit of) art between those two:
Spoiler for Takeshi and Youko:

Thank you! Can't wait for more info of the other chapters.
Spoiler for An extra tidbit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sterling01 View Post
Spoiler for Random thoughts:
Spoiler for Other random thoughts:

Old 2011-08-18, 23:55   Link #97
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keriaku View Post
Yeah, a quick glance at musicbox red shows what zts is capable of beyond murder rave songs: dead angle, apathy, voiceless, wingless; all beautiful.
I agree ZTS does do some other great music other than awesome murder rave XD. He also does some REALLY amazing remixes of touhou and KEY from what I have noticed.

I'm glad Dai is still in this one, Dai makes some amazing tracks too.

Quote:
I'm just glad the first part's backstory is being told by an actual narrator, and not by some psychotic child molester sitting on a toilet seat.
Best ever! That isn't in anything is it.. kinda creepy
Leo_Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-19, 00:06   Link #98
Mikachiru
test

Quote:
Well, this is kind of a letdown. I was hoping to not be the only one willing to discuss Higanbana, since I'm still unclear on what's going on...
I would, but there's a few problems.
First issue is the language barrier. I can read some things like Katakana, Hiragana, etc. But I'm far from fluent. I could always try keeping a japanese dictionary with me, but then...

Second problem is my computer refusing to install this thing that'll let my computer run in Japanese Locale so I can't get passed a scene even if I wanted to.

And finally, I don't have the will to go crazy and spend days/weeks/months trying to get Higanbana to work. I'll make this clear: I've pretty much lost faith in Ryukishi. His art hasn't gotten any better (not a huge problem but I still like nice sprites to look at), the story seems very similar to his other works (notably Umineko with Marie's backstory resembling a certain redhead's backstory) and 2 of my favorite characters (from design only) are/were
Spoiler for the Spirit Camera and Hameln's Castanets:
. Even so, I'm STILL hoping he'll pull through and write something well so it's not like I WON'T check this out outta curiousity. At the very least, I hope he'll end stuff well. Unlike Umineko...

inb4uminekotalkthatdoesn'tbelonginthisthread

To add something positive to this:

The music is nice. I like the opening quite a bit and some of the other tracks as well. What was it called, Putsu Putsu? Creepy feeling. Approval.

Last edited by Mikachiru; 2011-08-19 at 00:09. Reason: Proper names for the Stories I'm talking about
Mikachiru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-19, 00:18   Link #99
immblueversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikachiru View Post
Spoiler for the Spirit Camera and Hameln's Castanets:
Spoiler:

Last edited by immblueversion; 2011-08-19 at 00:31.
Old 2011-08-19, 01:09   Link #100
immblueversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikachiru View Post
Spoiler for Moar spoilers guize:
Spoiler for Higanbana:

Last edited by immblueversion; 2011-08-19 at 01:25.