Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-09-21, 18:34   Link #4441
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by jzmagic View Post
Editor's note: "Tooru's feelings are out of control"

Seems like pretty ominous foreshadowing, 27 calls too. Is Tooru going to go stalker now? Rape attempt maybe? Wonder what will happen.
When there is a situation with Drama, there is a chance it will happen in this particular Manga.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-21, 18:36   Link #4442
jzmagic
flargansbog

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
When there is a situation with Drama, there is a chance it will happen in this particular Manga.
I also remember from a while back that the mangaka originally intended for Yuki to have been raped as her backstory, but the editor told her that wouldn't fly for serialization.
jzmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-21, 18:42   Link #4443
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Quote:
I also remember from a while back that the mangaka originally intended for Yuki to have been raped as her backstory, but the editor told her that wouldn't fly for serialization.
Afaik that was an assumption, not a proven fact. Seemed plausible though.
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-21, 18:52   Link #4444
Arkard

Quote:
Editor's note: "Tooru's feelings are out of control"

Seems like pretty ominous foreshadowing, 27 calls too. Is Tooru going to go stalker now? Rape attempt maybe? Wonder what will happen.
Rape attempt --> Seiji saves her --> Said saving miraculously overwrites her bad memories --> Queue "Good Ending" --> Oh wait, Shou...
Arkard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-21, 19:02   Link #4445
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkard View Post
Rape attempt --> Seiji saves her --> Said saving miraculously overwrites her bad memories --> Queue "Good Ending" --> Oh wait, Shou...
If that does happen, more Drama will ensure. The Shou problem haven't been resolved yet, but lets look at the future of what may happen. A future problem that may happen is Tooru's little sister will take the blame since she didn't know her brother will act like that. Then Seiji has to fix that problem.
Old 2012-09-21, 22:36   Link #4446
jzmagic
flargansbog

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
If that does happen, more Drama will ensure. The Shou problem haven't been resolved yet, but lets look at the future of what may happen. A future problem that may happen is Tooru's little sister will take the blame since she didn't know her brother will act like that. Then Seiji has to fix that problem.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkard View Post
I think we'll see Shou get back together with Kento sooner or later. She already violated Utsumi's trust by going against her word, and to add salt in the wound she's been seeing Kento on a regular basis.

The fact that she feels guilty about it and tried to break the news to Utsumi and quickly change the subject was awfully telling. Most likely Utsumi will be the one to break up with Shou at some point, unless of course Shou cheats on him, but I highly doubt the latter. It would make things too easy on Utsumi, as I feel that that the mangaka wants Utsumi to be man enough to make a decision once and for all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waven View Post
Afaik that was an assumption, not a proven fact. Seemed plausible though.
I think there's something too it. Also the editor's note where Utsumi thinks he'll never see Yuki again is probably going to play some part in the future.
jzmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-21, 22:52   Link #4447
Cream

oh man, 27 calls. I can't stop laughing.

come on, who does that? D:
Old 2012-09-22, 02:29   Link #4448
Diveman

It seems Touru's trolling knows no bounds. So not only he didnt apologize properly, he also went full stalker mode on Yuki.

Good stuff GE, you never cease to amaze me.
Diveman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-22, 09:29   Link #4449
Dorsai

Eri x baseball boy all the way Shame that they arent main focus of this manga ;p

I think it will be Utsumi who will break up. Its usally like this... But Shou breaking would be more interesting and would bring us bigger drama...

Last chapter was nice, seems like taking Yuki to that shop was best decision they make. Seems that black haired women have a lot of experience in her love life, she helped Yuki better then Utsumi misarable tries in last 2,3 chapters...
Old 2012-09-22, 16:04   Link #4450
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
I think we'll see Shou get back together with Kento sooner or later. She already violated Utsumi's trust by going against her word, and to add salt in the wound she's been seeing Kento on a regular basis.

The fact that she feels guilty about it and tried to break the news to Utsumi and quickly change the subject was awfully telling. Most likely Utsumi will be the one to break up with Shou at some point, unless of course Shou cheats on him, but I highly doubt the latter. It would make things too easy on Utsumi, as I feel that that the mangaka wants Utsumi to be man enough to make a decision once and for all.

I think there's something too it. Also the editor's note where Utsumi thinks he'll never see Yuki again is probably going to play some part in the future.
Well for Utsumi to break up with Shou, most likely the Yuki problem needs to be solved first. I doubt Shou will break up with Utsumi because most Romance manga don't revisit scenarios that already happened. Utsumi already been in a relationship that was ended by Yuki, so I doubt the author will do it a second time, a relationship ended by the female side.

Last edited by ReaperxKingx; 2012-09-22 at 16:14.
Old 2012-09-24, 15:25   Link #4451
AI Dreamer

Tooru showed another time that he is obsessed about Yuki: it isn't Love, he didn't think about her feelings at all... it's just obsession.

He didn't wait her's "time" back then and now it's the same.
For him she is just an object.

About the chapter, the most beautiful part is when both of them tell each other that they still speak as if they were together... and Yuki finally apologize with him because she didn't paid enough attenction to his feelings.
Old 2012-09-24, 18:09   Link #4452
cloak_and_dagger
Hei aka Li Xiansheng
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorsai View Post
I think it will be Utsumi who will break up. Its usally like this... But Shou breaking would be more interesting and would bring us bigger drama...
Shou should break up with him, she's been doing all the pushing, even let him in her front door...multiple times. Ustumi's wavering far more than she has, she should end it.

No more poon poon for you Utsumi! Then we'll see some real man tears lol
Old 2012-09-25, 00:31   Link #4453
Dauerlutscher
Marauder Shields

I would preffer if it was Utsumi that will end it.
He is the main character of this story and he is the one who started this absurd rebound thing in the first place with running to Shou after he was rejected from the on he wanted and he should be the one who ends it.
It would demonstarte that he at least accepted his mistake, is now correcting it and grew as a character instead of waiting till the partner has enough of his nonsese. I just can't stand guys that cling to a relationship they don't really want because they are too much of a chicken to man up and end it. Man up, Utsumi. I can't stand your ongoing crying, whining and emoness.
Shou demonstrated enought already, with Utsumi and Kento, that she has no selfrespect and that she will deny the truth as long she can be with the guy she wants. If she is the one who sets him free, she would look good and Utsumi just more pathetic.
Dauerlutscher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-28, 14:59   Link #4454
Johnny
Working the bags...

Spoiler for ch 144:
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-28, 17:01   Link #4455
Somnus
Eh?

So I read 144 out of curiousity...and I want my 5 minutes back. That idiot was the big reveal GE built up to for most of its run? What a pile of crap. I'll go back to reading summaries.
Old 2012-09-28, 18:40   Link #4456
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Guy is possessive, one of the top relationships that should be avoided at all cost. Wonder what is going to happen now? Oh and Somnus, yeah I kind of want my minutes back too. I was expecting something like Stalking or something more serious than a guy who doesn't know how to quit. So much for rising action of the story, might as well go to the climax and resolution quickly.
Old 2012-09-28, 18:47   Link #4457
Insane
Banned

Good Ending, eh? Its title is rather ironic to me as i cannot see the ending at all. I started out enjoying this manga quite a lot, but as it dragged on and on (and on, and on, and on…) I’ve come to hate most of the characters, as their constant indecisiveness and bad decision-making is dialed up to 11 in order to keep the story going for just a little longer.
Insane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-28, 18:52   Link #4458
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane View Post
Good Ending, eh? Its title is rather ironic to me as i cannot see the ending at all. I started out enjoying this manga quite a lot, but as it dragged on and on (and on, and on, and on…) I’ve come to hate most of the characters, as their constant indecisiveness and bad decision-making is dialed up to 11 in order to keep the story going for just a little longer.
Got to agree with you, it started out Utsumi getting advice to become a better man but so far he is someone I call average guy. There are limits to my patience, Good Ending reach it a while ago and it is on scale 15 out of 10 while KNIM recently went from 7 out of 10 to 1 today for me.
Old 2012-09-28, 20:00   Link #4459
Aesthetic Shampoo

I thought this was a good chapter. I mean, things were actually happening and moving forward; Utsumi wasn't a coward, Yuki was facing her problems etc etc.

But yeah, when you look at the manga as a whole this wasn't worth it.
Aesthetic Shampoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-28, 20:06   Link #4460
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

^
Worth what? The few seconds it takes to read a chapter?
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
being good sucks, drama, kento boss, romance, shoukento, shounen, slice of life, yukiumi