AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shana

Notices

Old 2006-02-08, 22:28   Link #481
Crimen Scythe
Daemon Mortis

Send a message via ICQ to Crimen Scythe Send a message via AIM to Crimen Scythe Send a message via MSN to Crimen Scythe
he's way better than Rin, and more decisive than Rin, Takayuki, and especially Shinji Ikari...
Crimen Scythe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-08, 22:32   Link #482
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimen Scythe
more decisive than Rin, Takayuki, and especially Shinji Ikari...
Let's not even mention Shinji who only made one decision -- to die rather than decide anything -- and he couldn't even stick to that. That's a world record of indecision.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-08, 22:47   Link #483
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimen Scythe
he's way better than Rin, and more decisive than Rin, Takayuki, and especially Shinji Ikari...
*sneeze*

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
Let's not even mention Shinji who only made one decision -- to die rather than decide anything -- and he couldn't even stick to that. That's a world record of indecision.
*sneeze* *sneeze*

I'm glad the Girlfriend of Steel 2nd Manga series rectified him...

Anyway, I really hope that they make a second season to finish off the novels in the anime, but this chaotic episode could be seen as the precursor to the storm before the clearing...
Old 2006-02-08, 23:24   Link #484
Owaranai Destiny
Nick of Time~

Send a message via AIM to Owaranai Destiny Send a message via MSN to Owaranai Destiny
Meh, I don't know what's the fuss about Yuuji being a jerk and all...
Spoiler:
Owaranai Destiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-08, 23:30   Link #485
tun
lolwut
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owaranai Destiny
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2006-02-08, 23:36   Link #486
Owaranai Destiny
Nick of Time~

Send a message via AIM to Owaranai Destiny Send a message via MSN to Owaranai Destiny
Quote:
Originally Posted by tun
Spoiler:
And perhaps we will get them a while later, hopefully. I agree it was too sudden, but at least that takes off some 'wimpy' points off him. The reason that he trained seemed a little out of place though...It was just the previous episode that he started training to control the usage of his energy....
Old 2006-02-08, 23:45   Link #487
suguru
京都 ikitai~

Yuuji's definitely not as bad as Takayuki or a lot of others, but he's starting to look like a disciple of the Masaki Tenchi school, which kind of annoys me. A lot of male leads in anime seem to have a philosophy along the lines of "I don't want to hurt anyone, so if a girl likes me I'll just string her along forever instead." It's misleading to label that "nice guy" syndrome, because being a nice guy doesn't mean you never hurt anyone--sometimes it's better to hurt someone short term by making things clear, as opposed to just stringing them along when you know (or damn well should know) they like you but you don't feel the same way. And there's no way Yuuji shouldn't know Kazumi likes him (kokuhaku or no) after the bentou-a-day program, unless he has an IQ in single digits.

I'd call what Yuuji's doing more spinelessness (if he knows he doesn't want to go out with Kazumi) or indecisiveness (if he really can't choose between Kazumi and Shana), but what he's doing is causing both girls pain at the moment. I like Yuuji's character overall and given all he's gone through the guy deserves some slack, but I've got a bad feeling they're going stretch the love triangle thing out much longer than I'd like to see it.
suguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-08, 23:52   Link #488
Owaranai Destiny
Nick of Time~

Hmm...I don't know if I'm going to get bashed for this, but I don't think Yuuji really knows that Shana likes him a lot. He does know, however, that Kazumi feels that way, and what Ike said might have influenced his actions of chasing after Kazumi first a little.

Besides, we don't know exactly how he feels about either Shana or Kazumi...yet. For all we know, he might be chasing after her as a concerned friend instead, although that still doesn't seem to take the label of spinlessness off him, it seems...
Old 2006-02-09, 00:23   Link #489
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Before I give my review for episode eighteen, I returned with seventeen to made remark about some general doubts.

Spoiler:

As for Khamsin and Behemoth, they behave calm toward Kazumi explaining straightforwardly about the torches and guze, unlike other flames hazes behavior.
The scars on Khamsin's face quite indicate that he has endured several trauma against particular Tomogara in the past.

Exactly what is the job of Tuner Flame Haze like him?
Spoiler:

The Professor's plan.
Spoiler:

Anyways the plot is heading toward what is the Reigi Maigo, and unexpected surprises will be revealed along the way.

The new opening did not make an outstanding first impression, fortunately, I'm becoming so much very used to it listening over and over. Have to wait for the CD single to be released.
It's definite KOTOKO, but the song has not traditional flair of KOTOKO within the music
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-09, 03:54   Link #490
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Send a message via ICQ to zalas
Quote:
Originally Posted by tun
Spoiler:
According to the Japanese wiki, if I read it correctly,
Spoiler for wiki:
zalas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-09, 04:11   Link #491
Plant42

Quote:
Originally Posted by tun
Spoiler:
Of Course there is a sort of trigger that you referred to , It's in the Twincest Arc (Novel vol.4 , Anime EP13)

Unfortunately the anime version has cut that scene off , without any reason.

The important scene that was cut.
Spoiler:
Plant42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-09, 06:16   Link #492
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Spoiler:
Old 2006-02-09, 12:53   Link #493
meijiOrO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plant42
Of Course there is a sort of trigger that you referred to , It's in the Twincest Arc (Novel vol.4 , Anime EP13)

Unfortunately the anime version has cut that scene off , without any reason.

The important scene that was cut.
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
meijiOrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-09, 13:13   Link #494
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plant42
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2006-02-09, 13:31   Link #495
Owaranai Destiny
Nick of Time~

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalas
Spoiler:
Mmm...Interesting idea. But that would put SnS in the M16 category...or so I think.

Spoiler:
Old 2006-02-10, 11:45   Link #496
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Quote:
Mmm...Interesting idea. But that would put SnS in the M16 category...or so I think.

Spoiler:
Spoiler for episode 1 vs. manga:
Old 2006-02-11, 08:57   Link #497
tun
lolwut
*Fansubber

Thanks zalas and Plant42 for that information. I guess that makes things a lot clearer now but it was still stupid to cut it out just to save it for that scene at the end of 18.
Old 2006-02-11, 09:41   Link #498
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Not a bad episode at all.. it needed a least a scene with Wihelmina though~! ;_;

I'm starting to like this bad scientist.. he seems like the typical cool badguy, though when i started to like Friagne.. look what happened to him.
Old 2006-02-11, 09:41   Link #499
Forever
Revealing the truth

Well seriously, I would chase after kazumi if I was yuji. So I support his actions. Rather I see shana being too emotional. Hope she dont mess it.

Shana: Oops I lost my grip

*Sees a headless kazumi*

Shana: Well, you are the one who cause me to lose my concentration, so you deserves it.

*Spits on her corpse and moves to Yuji*

Anyway, ep 18 was a great ep where the drama is only beginning...
Old 2006-02-11, 12:17   Link #500
PastPrime

Quote:
Spoiler:
I would say that Shana is equally to blame. She just needs to admit to herself that she loves him, and then act on it. If she had given him a kiss instead of melon bread he would probably turned down Kazumi's invitation. If she had confessed to him then he would have definitely turned down Kazumi's invitation.
PastPrime is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, adventure, comedy, drama, j.c. staff, romance, shounen, supernatural, tsundere