AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime > Fansub Groups

Notices

Old 2008-04-23, 14:58   Link #101
lindylex

Martino it says that color space is rgb32.

"However how come you are not given an error when it doesn't work?" good question.

I am using AVSp and usually I get errors at the bottom. But I am not receiving any.

It should output the video and audio but I get nothing. When I hit F6 or play I am using mplayer to preview it just open then close the terminal. They work separately the logo by it's self the concating the avis video but when I do "return logo + test_clip" this is where it break so something is not right with the color or audio as you pointed out.

Lex
lindylex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-23, 15:02   Link #102
martino
makes no files now

OK, problem found I think. You are making the video from the picture into YV12, therefore you will have to do the same for the video clips that you are joining with ConvertToYV12(), or remove the colorspace conversion for the logo and set the pixel_type for the ImageSource to "RGB32". At the end you will still have to use what I posted earlier on since you cannot join one video which has audio and a second one which does not.
Old 2008-04-23, 15:12   Link #103
lindylex

Martino guess what I almost got it to work.I change the color space to RGB32 for each and added some audio to the logo.

The problem was the color space and the audio. As a test the following below works. How to I add no sounds to logo? This only work when I add audio tot he logo. I don't want any audio when the logo is being displayed.

Code:
a=avisource ("C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\gymnastics_2008_April_23\DCIM\101CANON\MVI_0001.AVI", false )
b=avisource ("C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\gymnastics_2008_April_23\DCIM\101CANON\MVI_0002.AVI", false)
c=avisource ("C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\gymnastics_2008_April_23\DCIM\101CANON\MVI_0003.AVI", false)

the_audio=DirectShowSource ("C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\Firewall.mp3")

combined= a+b+c

test_clip=AudioDub(combined, the_audio)

logo = imagesource("C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\video_editing\projects\gymnastics\Brand\brand_blank_ver_0.png", end=300, pixel_type = "RGB32").assumefps(test_clip)
logo = AudioDub(logo, the_audio)

return   logo + test_clip
Old 2008-04-23, 15:18   Link #104
martino
makes no files now

http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...8&postcount=98

Code:
a=avisource ("C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\gymnastics_2008_April_23\DCIM\101CANON\MVI_0001.AVI", false )
b=avisource ("C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\gymnastics_2008_April_23\DCIM\101CANON\MVI_0002.AVI", false)
c=avisource ("C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\gymnastics_2008_April_23\DCIM\101CANON\MVI_0003.AVI", false)

the_audio=DirectShowSource ("C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\Firewall.mp3")

combined= a+b+c

logo = AudioDub(imagesource("C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\video_editing\projects\gymnastics\Brand\brand_blank_ver_0.png", end=300, pixel_type = "RGB32").assumefps(test_clip),Blackness(300,combined.width,combined.height,"RGB32",combined.framerate).KillVideo())

return   logo + test_clip
Old 2008-04-23, 16:56   Link #105
lindylex

[SOLUTION SOLVED] Concating PNG LOGO and AVI

[SOLUTION SOLVED]

If you ever try to stitch images with video us .info() to match the proper color and audio specs.

Thanks, Martino for all the help.

Code:

combined= a+b+c

logo = imagesource("C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\video_editing\projects\gymnastics\Brand\brand_blank_ver_0.png", end=100, pixel_type = "RGB32").assumefps(test_clip)

blank_audio=BlankClip(test_clip, audio_rate=44100, length=logo.FrameCount())

logo = AudioDub(logo, blank_audio)

return logo + test_clip
Old 2008-04-26, 19:35   Link #106
atlantiza

All right, I bet this is a fairly simple problem, but I'm terrible at Avisynth, so here it is.

When I try encoding my video using Avisynth, there seems like the color of the fansubs is drained. Bright colors are pale, and light colors look almost white. Nothing happens to the colors of the original video, however. I'm not completely sure if it's an Avisynth or issue or just general encoding issue. Thanks in advance.
atlantiza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-26, 19:38   Link #107
martino
makes no files now

Post the script please... and maybe an example picture too. So the colours are drained when you encode the video through AviSynth and then watch the final encode, but when you watch the original they look fine... if I'm understanding correctly, right?
Old 2008-04-26, 19:43   Link #108
atlantiza

When I preview with video in Aegisub, it's quite fine.

Quote:
AviSource("C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Desktop\WOF_No Audio_Test 1.avi")
LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files\AvisynthEditor\VSFilter.dll")
TextSub("C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Desktop\wof.ass")
As you can see, it's not much, so I dunno what the problem is really. xD

Edit: Pics for you now. Left is aegisub preview, right is after encode.

Last edited by atlantiza; 2008-04-26 at 19:58.
atlantiza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-26, 20:09   Link #109
martino
makes no files now

That looks like compression of a lossy encoder (Xvid/H.264?) kicking in to me (unless something actually is wrong, I may not be right). If you don't want it to look like that you will have to increase the bitrate of the video, but it will never look the same as in Aegisub when you were previewing it, unless you will be encoding with a lossless codec.

Spoiler for before I saw the edit...:
Old 2008-04-26, 20:40   Link #110
Dark Shikari
x264 Developer

That looks like chroma subsampling (YV12).
Dark Shikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-28, 14:46   Link #111
Coro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFluff View Post
Don't use ApplyRange(), it has all sorts of funky limitations and is really tricky to get right.
Use Trim() and +/++ instead. Like this:
Code:
title = imagesource( "C:\Documents and Settings\Greg\My Documents\VirtualDub\grev-logo\beyblade-logo%04d.png", start = 0001, end = 0123, use_devil=true, pixel_type="rgb32").assumefps(last)

# the "last" is actually not needed here, I'm being explicit for clarity's sake
pre = last.trim(0,152)
post = last.trim(277,0)
last.trim(153,276) # overwriting the old last here for convenience

# abusing last as implicit argument here
overlay(title, mask=showalpha())

# put it together (overwriting last again)
pre + last + post
Or you could just be really lazy and steal the AFX sign overlay helper function (see the Avisynth help thread for details):
Code:
function insertsign(clip mainclip, clip overlayclip, int startframe, int endframe) {
	# make the endframe parameter optional (defaulting to where the overlay clip ends)
	endframe = default(endframe,startframe+overlayclip.framecount-1)

# make sure the special case startframe=1 is dealt with correctly
	# (needed because trim(0,0) returns the entire clip, which is obviously not what we want)
	# note that the first frame of the clip is ZER0, _not_ one!
	begin	= (startframe == 1) ? mainclip.trim(0,-1) : mainclip.trim(0,startframe-1)
	middle	= mainclip.trim(startframe,endframe)
	end	= mainclip.trim(endframe+1,0) # BUG: setting endframe=0 doesn't do what you think it does.

middleoverlay = Overlay(middle, overlayclip, mask=overlayclip.showalpha())

# deal with the special case startframe=0 (in which case we don't have anything before the overlay)
	# note that trim(-1,0) does nothing (it returns the same as trim(0,0)...)
	final = (startframe == 0) ? middleoverlay ++ end : begin ++ middleoverlay ++ end
	return final
}
And thereby reduce your script to:
Code:
title = imagesource( "C:\Documents and Settings\Greg\My Documents\VirtualDub\grev-logo\beyblade-logo%04d.png", start = 0001, end = 0123, use_devil=true, pixel_type="rgb32").assumefps(last)
insertsign(last, title, 153, 276)
Hi, I keep getting this error every time I try and open my script in VirtualDub:

Script error: imagesource does not have a named argument "pixel_type"

I'm trying out the code you gave Koroku, by the way.

My script also includes MPEG2source for my D2V file, Crop, LanczosResize, and Telecide & Decimate.
Coro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-29, 07:52   Link #112
TheFluff
Excessively jovial fellow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coro View Post
Hi, I keep getting this error every time I try and open my script in VirtualDub:

Script error: imagesource does not have a named argument "pixel_type"

I'm trying out the code you gave Koroku, by the way.

My script also includes MPEG2source for my D2V file, Crop, LanczosResize, and Telecide & Decimate.
What is your Avisynth version?
17:43:13 <~deculture> Also, TheFluff, you are so fucking slowpoke.jpg that people think we dropped the DVD's.
17:43:16 <~deculture> nice job, fag!

01:04:41 < Plorkyeran> it was annoying to typeset so it should be annoying to read
TheFluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-29, 16:53   Link #113
Coro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFluff View Post
What is your Avisynth version?
2.5, from the AMVapp and AdvancedAVS Pack.
Old 2008-04-29, 18:11   Link #114
TheFluff

2.5.what?

(also, if you don't need the alphamask you can skip the pixel_type argument and use converttoColorspaceOfYourChoice() later instead)
17:43:13 <~deculture> Also, TheFluff, you are so fucking slowpoke.jpg that people think we dropped the DVD's.

01:04:41 < Plorkyeran> it was annoying to typeset so it should be annoying to read
Old 2008-04-29, 19:10   Link #115
Coro

Um, I believe it's 2.56beta1.

Last edited by Coro; 2008-04-29 at 19:59.
Old 2008-04-29, 20:33   Link #116
TheFluff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coro View Post
Um, I believe it's 2.56beta1.
That's your problem then, the pixel_type argument was added in 2.56. Update to 2.56a (the final version) or even better 2.57.

Old 2008-04-29, 21:01   Link #117
LacusClyneX
*Fansubber

I keep getting this error: "Avisynth open failure: AVIsource autodetect: couldn't open file 'C:\ccs\ep57.avi' Error code: 2 (C:\ccs\blah.avs.avs, line 2)" whenever I try to put in the avisynth script in the virtualdub. my verison of avisynth is 2.5.7 does anyone know whats wrong?
Old 2008-04-30, 00:50   Link #118
Mentar
Banned

Maybe you're using Vista and have trouble due to file endings being removed from filenames?

Your error message seems to indicate that your AVS is already misnamed (blah.avs.avs). If the same might be true for the avi (C:\ccs\ep57.avi.avi), this would explain why your script wouldn't find it, leading to the error you described.

Let vista display all file endings properly, then you can avoid errors like these.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-02, 04:13   Link #119
pichu
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
Let vista display all file endings properly, then you can avoid errors like these.
lol Vista is dumb... Even when you have the extensions displayed in Explorer and when you select a filename (click then F2, or click-hold-click on the filename), Vista only selects the filename (select: filename) instead of everything (select: filename.ext) unlike Windows XP and lower. :/

------ Aside from this, people really should use my overlaying script to overlay mainly signs...

http://pichu.org/overlays

(don't worry, no information you input in the forms is sent to the server; I was going to write a PHP script for this, but I figured that since JavaScript is equally as powerful as PHP for this kind of job, I've decided to code it as a static index.html. )

[[[ AND, I DO wish that AVISynth supports RegEx, so that I don't need to do all this stuff hehe ]]]

This is particularly useful for signs typesetters, who have to do a lot of signs at a time--such as myself.

Format:
filename_12345.avi
filename_12345v2.avi
filename_12345-23456.png
filename_12345-23456.avi
12345.avi
12345-23456.png
(note that last frame number is optional for avi)

Both IE and FireFox can do drag-and-drop after some procedures. I think I covered most of the basics here based on my TS work. Although the script allows video splices, I have not really implemented them into index.html.

Last edited by pichu; 2008-05-02 at 05:12.
pichu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-02, 06:41   Link #120
martino
makes no files now

Quote:
Originally Posted by pichus View Post
------ Aside from this, people really should use my overlaying script to overlay mainly signs...
Mind telling us why in that case? Something wrong with TheFluff's script that we don't know about?