AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > K-On!

Notices

Old 2008-12-06, 09:56   Link #1
NeoSam

K-On! General Discussion Thread

The seinen moe 4-panel manga K-On! by Kakifly will be getting animated.

けいおん!
K-On!

Official anime site:
http://www.tbs.co.jp/anime/k-on/

The manga was serialized in the seinen moe 4-panel manga magazine Manga Time Kirara, and is also serialized in the seinen moe 4-panel manga magazine Manga Time Kirara Carat.
Currently there's one volume released of this manga.

Covers:

Spoiler:

Mangaka: Kakifly

Genre: Seinen

Last edited by NeoSam; 2008-12-27 at 07:03.
NeoSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-07, 22:06   Link #2
Shadow Kira01

Probably, it is a high-school musical romatic comedy?

Expecting a crossover of "NANA" and "The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya"... (^_^)
Shadow Kira01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-07, 23:03   Link #3
Midonin
Last Engage

From what I've read of the premise - attempting to save their high school music club despite lacking the talent - instantly endears me to it. And now the wait for...well, everything else.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-07, 23:50   Link #4
Utau
Butler mitai~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Utau
wow, i should check this one out.
Utau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-08, 01:09   Link #5
Nukerjsr
Baka Inu~

Send a message via AIM to Nukerjsr
I'll be sure to look into this one.
Nukerjsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-26, 15:00   Link #6
Falkor

I was looking forward to this adaptation the most ever since it was announced, simply because I got a great feeling just by reading the premise of this 4koma: a group of 4 girls joining the Music Club in order to save it, despite lacking the musical talent to do so--oh my, I wonder how much hilarity this will ensue...

Today, I just remembered about this adaptation by looking at the "New Annouced Anime" section, and I was pleasantly surprised to come across with this image, posted by cicido:

character designs are going to be done by Yukiko Horiguchi, who is known for the character designs of Lucky Star, and her role as Animation Director and Key Animation for Kyoani shows. Perhaps, the hint is there: indicating which studio is going to be in charge of this adaptation, since no further details have been [officially] provided.

The character designs strongly remind me of A-1's Kannagi, since it's nowhere as close as the moé inducing Clannad, or the cute-looking Lucky Star. But well, waiting for official information is not going to hurt.

The level of excitement is increasing, and I'm sooo looking forward to this 4koma adaptation if the characters are looking this great already. The wait is going to be long, I guess...
Falkor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-27, 07:02   Link #7
NeoSam

An official site for the anime has opened:
http://www.tbs.co.jp/anime/k-on/

The anime will start broadcast in 2009.
Old 2008-12-28, 15:03   Link #8
Falkor

maybe I'm not going to wait that much... 2009...

Toua uploaded some trailers from Comiket 75, including one of K-On! with actual footage of the anime:

hmmm, agree with the comment Toua made: this is looking more like Kyoani...

I really like how this is turning out: the character designs, the overall great look of the animation/artwork, the upbeating music (for obvious reasons)... oh my, something I'm looking forward to watch, regardless of which studio is going to be in charge...
Falkor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-28, 15:29   Link #9
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Guess I already have another show on my watch list!
Old 2008-12-28, 20:59   Link #10
brocko

That guitar melody is surprisingly catchy, I've got it stuck in my head and I'm looping the trailer over and over just to hear it now too

http://www.freerice.com/ - For each word you get right, 10 grains of rice is donated through the UN to help end world hunger.
brocko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-29, 04:34   Link #11
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

*sigh* I know it's coming.

Sometimes I don't understand people's source of hate. It's like they have too high expectation for the anime based on people around them and the internet, and get crushed because it's not fitted to them, so they have to start their hate on something. At first it's the anime, and next it's a studio, later on it's the main seiyuu.

Get over it, shouldn't we?
Old 2008-12-29, 04:37   Link #12
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
Sometimes I don't understand people's source of hate. It's like they have too high expectation for the anime based on people around them and the internet, and get crushed because it's not fitted to them, so they have to start their hate on something.
This is exactly why more people should ignore other people and just make up their own damned opinions on things.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-29, 06:05   Link #13
M.Marangio

This page about the K-On! manga has some preview pages: http://www.dokidokivisual.com/comics...st.php?cid=200
The second manga volume will be released on February 26, 2009.

Wallpaper:

ETA: Cover for the second manga volume and some preview pages from the publisher: http://www.dokidokivisual.com/comics...st.php?cid=278

Last edited by M.Marangio; 2009-02-21 at 04:32. Reason: added second volume
M.Marangio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-29, 06:53   Link #14
Nukerjsr
Baka Inu~

Send a message via AIM to Nukerjsr
I think this story has a lot of potential really. I don't know anything about this story other than the short synopsis, but I do have hope for this. The trailer to me though did feel more like they were centered more around the purpose of keeping the club alive with these character. And it's possible that drama could be sprinkled into this. Comedy, Music and Drama but with a likeable characters to keep it interesting.

The artstyle to me is sending the wrong message but I like the Lucky Star artstyle, so whatever. People just shouldn't make claims on that because even the stuff that doesn't look fabulous still has insane popularity.

On a smaller, lulzier note though, I noticed that in the preview they had a little DMC reference. I got little kick from that.
Nukerjsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-29, 15:26   Link #15
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
is this pronounced k-on as in kon from bleach or k-on as in kyon?
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-29, 16:15   Link #16
cyth
Banned

Nah, it's pronounced "keion" in romaji (original Japanese title in hiragana is けいおん!) or "'kay-on" in English (if that makes any sense).
cyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-29, 17:37   Link #17
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

You can only have so many ground breaking/trend setting anime in a short period of time. There aren't that many Space Battleship Yamatos, Gundams, Akiras, Neon Genesis Evangelion, or Haruhis out there. Trend setters or things that shook the industry enough to either change it forever, or gain gigantic fan bases for a period of time.

K-On! does not sound like it will be one of those. It might still be fun.
Old 2008-12-29, 18:09   Link #18
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

So are we in store for a few episodes of "painful" attempts at music followed by some potental hits?
Old 2008-12-29, 18:16   Link #19
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
So are we in store for a few episodes of "painful" attempts at music followed by some potental hits?
If its Satoru, I'd love to hear his painful music lol

Seeing that this show is based on a 4-koma manga, I'm not sure how they'll be running the show.

If its going to be scene by scene like Lucky Star, we probably won't get to see actual band practices and from that, we would probably just get music popping up every now and then.

The scenes in the trailer gives me a kind of Clannad/Kannagi like backdrop and atmosphere, which mean those scenes are given a good amount of time to draw. If backgrounds are given lots of detail and work, there probably aren't as many scene switching like Lucky Star did and the show may run more smoothly than scene by scene like a 4-Koma.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-29, 19:24   Link #20
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
The scenes in the trailer gives me a kind of Clannad/Kannagi like backdrop and atmosphere, which mean those scenes are given a good amount of time to draw. If backgrounds are given lots of detail and work, there probably aren't as many scene switching like Lucky Star did and the show may run more smoothly than scene by scene like a 4-Koma.
Yeah, I got a really Clannad vibe from the artwork... the whole club-based thing reminds me of Nagisa's arc a bit.

Character designs are much more like Kannagi than Lucky Star, though...

I would personally love a more fluid 4koma-based show... LS felt rather off because of the constant scene-switching.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2008-12-29 at 19:59. Reason: Remove off-topic thread
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, light music, seinen