AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-06-28, 02:09   Link #261
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

For some reason, I didn't mind the recap parts this week as much as I did last week. Maybe I just enjoyed the rest of the episode enough to make up for it. I thought they got across Tsubaki's feelings well at the very end there, after Murakoshi spoke with him.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-29, 00:15   Link #262
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

haha.. been eaten alive by World Cup.. but still not missing any action from ETU from the last 2 episodes

So finally the match is over and ETU got their first win. TBH, I dont have any problem with the pacing .. Its justified by the story looking through Tsubaki's POV.
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-29, 00:19   Link #263
kanon78
Confederate

Too bad Giant Killing won't get the same amount of episodes like captain Tsubasa.
Maybe the recent success of the Japanese team in the Worldcup (especially if they reach the quarter finals by beating Uruguay today) will keep "the illusion alive" that GK gets a longer lun/faithful adaptation.
If i recall correctly, it seems the manga does quite well in Japan.
kanon78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-29, 03:32   Link #264
Blaat

Japan is playing Paraguay today.
Old 2010-06-29, 13:21   Link #265
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Japan lost , o well, im going back from real soccer to fantasy soccer (aka back to GK catching up )
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-29, 20:36   Link #266
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
My guess is either 2-0 or 2-1 ETU, with their second goal coming as a result of Itagaki's recklessness.
Another winner for me!
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-30, 04:46   Link #267
ddwkc
Lone Wolf

Send a message via MSN to ddwkc
As a Brazilian, I'm surprised of how well they handled the Brazilian Portuguese in this anime. However, I wish the VAs had better acting skills. They sounded very flat.
Eo tempore mortem cognovi
ddwkc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-30, 11:08   Link #268
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddwkc View Post
As a Brazilian, I'm surprised of how well they handled the Brazilian Portuguese in this anime. However, I wish the VAs had better acting skills. They sounded very flat.
Same with every language, it seems to me (certainly the English, at least): I am delighted that they are actually going for native speakers -- even if they don't go so far as to get real actors.

By the way, I felt terrible for the guy who missed the penalty for Japan against Paraguay yesterday. The sides were more or less evenly matched, with the Japanese having more crispness and organization, and the Paraguayans a bit more invention, it seemed to me. Too bad the game was so negative. Maybe Japan's problem is a lack of players who can finish -- except from set plays.

No matter who went through, though, Spain was going to crush them. Portugal had excellent defense and good attack, and Spain still was clearly the better side. Or that's how it all looked to me, a North American who doesn't know football that well. Spain-Brazil-Germany-Netherlands-Argentina: some great teams still left in the tournament, each with their own style.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2010-06-30, 16:11   Link #269
sgwc
I'm just a support char..

Well.. In Japan, there's no penalty kicks.
Old 2010-07-05, 13:13   Link #270
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
So, has no one watched the new episode? Maybe with the World Cup and the newest batch of summer anime, this got pushed back on everyone's schedule, I know it is in mine.

Spoiler for EP 14:

Oh, and one more thing. The manga hasn't got to the point where ETU faces off against Nagoya, but they already has the Yuri focus beforehand. Below spoilers are some differences between them:
Spoiler for Changes:
Saturn Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-05, 17:17   Link #271
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Yeah, pushed back a bit for me, too.
Spoiler for ep14:
Fascinating matches coming up tomorrow and Wednesday: will Germany miss Muller? Will they be able to exploit the Spanish back-end as well as they did England and Argentina? Will the Dutch positional play and Arjen Robben overwhelm Uruguay? Robben must be a terrible guy to have to play against: fast, smart, seems a bit nasty, and a consummate diver.
Old 2010-07-05, 22:36   Link #272
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Why does this series get so little post traffic? Well, screw them - I'm blogging it anyway. I know it's a soccer anime and that's not exactly a hot ticket in the otaku community, but like all good sports series this one is just as much about the people as the game. Good shows about professional sports, especially, are hard to find - and I love how GK really examines the fandom side of professional sports. The love of a sports team is a huge factor uniting communities in many countries - and the shared pain when they suck almost as much so.
Old 2010-07-05, 23:56   Link #273
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

I think GK is unique as the perspective is not on a particular character, but on the whole team itself.. thats why in this latest episode we have a focus on the fans (well, Yuri is a fan herself with the privilege of working for the team)

For manga reader, how far is the manga itself? How about the pace of it.. For me, the current pacing are acceptable and I'm enjoying it, but I can see that some peoples prefers a faster pacing..
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2010-07-06, 05:42   Link #274
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
Hmm, the manga hasn't been updated (translated) for almost three months now, they have only reached the part where they finish the match against Tokyo Victory and it took 21 chapters for that. Seeing as how complaints about the slow pace only started in the ETU vs Nagoya match, I can't really compare it yet. So far the pacing seems fine though.
Saturn Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-06, 19:21   Link #275
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Given that I'm the kind of gamer who prefers FM to Winning Eleven (FM addiction sufferer here), Giant Killing is godsend. A football show about a manager and the team he's making instead of the Totally Ace Young Genius Striker? By the gods! It's like animated FM!

Yet even my default adoration for the show is withstanding heavy pressure with the recent issues. It's not really all that slow, I think the pacing of the show itself is just fine -- though I always want more at the end of every episode. It's just...the flashbacks give me flashbacks to Inuyasha flashbacks.
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-07, 00:18   Link #276
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

^ Hah.. FM addict too .. You should try Sick As A Parrot(yes, thats the name of the game) as well.. It make FM feels like well.. the current CM

I can stomach the flashback ... maybe I have a higher tolerance after watching Bleach and Naruto
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2010-07-07, 10:12   Link #277
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiNA View Post
^ Hah.. FM addict too .. You should try Sick As A Parrot(yes, thats the name of the game) as well.. It make FM feels like well.. the current CM
*googles right away*

Oh my.

Quote:
I can stomach the flashback ... maybe I have a higher tolerance after watching Bleach and Naruto
That's exactly why I dropped those shows so early in their run. =_=
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-11, 16:46   Link #278
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Spain won, now going back to watch some anime football
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-11, 22:17   Link #279
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Spoiler for 15:
Old 2010-07-12, 08:55   Link #280
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Heh, after peoples complaining about the extended match arc last time, we got 1 full episode devoided of any action last week, and 1 tiny snippet of action this week. Served you guys right for complaining!

Anyway, was waiting for the subs to surface before commenting, and besides, spend a lot of time sleeping to make do for the World Cup ...

Now, where was I, ah yes, the episode ..

Spoiler:

Anyway, can anyone who familiar with Japan's football scene explained the cup format there.. At first I thought its sudden death (similar's to England's FA Cup - you lose, you out), but Yuri's comment in this episode kinda made me go
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Tags
football, seinen, sports