AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-12-16, 16:53   Link #17801
NyxOne

CLAMP didn't draw a lot of her because the artists saw her as being more 'masculine' than the other women in the show, story short.
NyxOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-16, 17:00   Link #17802
incorrupts
Banned

Send a message via MSN to incorrupts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyxOne View Post
CLAMP didn't draw a lot of her because the artists saw her as being more 'masculine' than the other women in the show, story short.
I wonder whose fault is that. xD
incorrupts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-16, 17:01   Link #17803
Lolipopo
Srsly ?
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by incorrupts View Post
Well, in the end who gives a shit if CLAMP does like or not Kallen? It is just annoying, cause there might have been a bit more of artwork about her.
But in the end, it was about ZR, so it was important to them to focus on the ZR-gang. {not that this did not serve them well but still}

As far as story goes, meh, who cares? :P
I think the same. I lost my Clamp crazy fangirlisme with X put on hold so well xD
But their artworks are good, and even if her body was kinda masculine in the ending, her face was nice.

Masculine hehe...funny to see that finally she is amazingly feminine when she is not in her Guren (Though even in she is damn sexy )

Lolipopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-16, 17:41   Link #17804
Bonzo
I change anime endings.

Send a message via MSN to Bonzo
But she keep the guren's key...

Just a souvenir or she's always a soldier? I believe the second looking the absurd sunrise ideas to make 2 OAV.
Bonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-16, 17:43   Link #17805
incorrupts
Banned

Send a message via MSN to incorrupts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonzo View Post

Just a souvenir or she's always a soldier? I believe the second looking the absurd sunrise ideas to make 2 OAV.

It is a "gift" from Lelouch and a part of her past. She just can't let it go.
Besides it is cool-looking.
incorrupts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-16, 17:50   Link #17806
linkinstreet
[Your] clan on Steam

Send a message via MSN to linkinstreet Send a message via Yahoo to linkinstreet
Oh well at least we know that Kallen is one of the most important character once R2 starts. Other than the MIA episodes when she was caught, she played a big part in the story's development. I wonder what would have happen with her and Lelouch had she'd been by his side when C.C. lock her memories?
linkinstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-16, 17:50   Link #17807
youngde
Unashamed Kalulu fan

Quote:

Well, I suppose there's always a chance that the Guren is up and running somewhere. But in peace time, she probably doesn't use it much. It's mostly there to remind her of Lelouch and keep him close to her heart (and to remind people that 'if you mess with me, you get a radiation surge up your ass.' )
Old 2008-12-16, 17:57   Link #17808
Charred Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by incorrupts View Post
I wonder whose fault is that. xD
No one, Clamp prefers feminine women, if Sunrise had asked Hiromu Arakawa to do the designs they would get one from CC, and about a couple hundred of Kallen since Arakawa prefers her women to be able to fight bears.
Charred Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-16, 17:57   Link #17809
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by linkinstreet View Post
Oh well at least we know that Kallen is one of the most important character once R2 starts. Other than the MIA episodes when she was caught, she played a big part in the story's development. I wonder what would have happen with her and Lelouch had she'd been by his side when C.C. lock her memories?
He wouldn't have been quite so eager to slaughter the Geass Cult in the first place were she there, for starters. Ignoring that, though, she probably would have gotten the chance to finally get the truth from him, in the sense that he would more than likely open up to her as he did to C.C.
Old 2008-12-16, 18:01   Link #17810
linkinstreet
[Your] clan on Steam

Send a message via MSN to linkinstreet Send a message via Yahoo to linkinstreet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charred Knight View Post
No one, Clamp prefers feminine women, if Sunrise had asked Hiromu Arakawa to do the designs they would get one from CC, and about a couple hundred of Kallen since Arakawa prefers her women to be able to fight bears.
she's be coughing blood every 5 minutes tho :3
linkinstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-16, 18:11   Link #17811
Lolipopo
Srsly ?
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by linkinstreet View Post

They would have both lost their virginities
(heh, it was war for Kira and he found the way to do so...)

On a more serious note; No devellopment toward a suicidal wish, no depression all alone...a lot of things so.
(Hmm geass cult was before CC lost her memories; Now if the question is what would have happened had Kallen been freed up in Turn 11, I'd say they would have make babies. No Kidding. They were hardly near of each othger and found the way to steal the romance plot, if they were together during all of the serie...lol...I understand better why they needed to push her away.)

Old 2008-12-16, 18:58   Link #17812
AceFlashheart

Quote:

This makes me wonder also.

I like the idea that she rides around town in it ala Megas XLR

But she prob. had to give it back -.-
AceFlashheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-16, 19:04   Link #17813
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
the fact that she has the USB seems to implay that the guren is out of order
no one would be able to use it without the key
and no one aside from kallen could use it even if they did fix it
but since rakshata was pretty attached to her "child" i doubt she'd just let kallen have the key while the guren sits on the shelf
i kinda think that the guren was probably scrapped by lelouch
Old 2008-12-16, 19:04   Link #17814
Bonzo
I change anime endings.

Send a message via MSN to Bonzo
Megas XLR....a cartoon full of anime parody without authorization...in fact why the dvd of megas XLR never out and no replies in tv?
Bonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-16, 19:34   Link #17815
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Megas XLR....a cartoon full of anime parody without authorization...in fact why the dvd of megas XLR never out and no replies in tv?
I wonder that sometimes too. I mean, the show was great for the time it ran, but then they cancel it and act like it never existed. No DVDs. Nothing.

Hmm, I don't think Kallen would drive the Guren around for fun. That's just silly. But I wonder who would win in a match between Coop and Kallen.

Oh wait, I think we're treading on dangerous ground here.
Nobodyman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-16, 19:37   Link #17816
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
the fact that she has the USB seems to implay that the guren is out of order
no one would be able to use it without the key
The USB key is just a hard disk with a password program on it. Making a new key would be as simple as copy/paste to the people who made it. It wouldn't be any trouble to anyone if Kallen kept the original.
Old 2008-12-17, 18:54   Link #17817
Skellington2612
fighting swine flu

I really doubt Kallen not being feminine... I´m watching again the whole code geass... and if she´s agressive is because she needs to defend herself and because of the circunstances that put her there... if its the fact that she knows how to fight? remember CC knows pretty well how to fight... she gives a good kick when she was searching for Mao...
I really doubt Kallen is the usual tomboy... she has her girlish moments and her clothes are far from a tomboy, some are revealing...
About not being CLAMP type of girl... well they have that kind of women in their mangas so I doubt it... and CC its not the super sweet sakura alike girl... so it has to be something else... after all CLUCLU sells more than Kalulu... sadly but true...
Skellington2612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-17, 20:58   Link #17818
Lolipopo
Srsly ?
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skellington2612 View Post
I really doubt Kallen not being feminine... I´m watching again the whole code geass... and if she´s agressive is because she needs to defend herself and because of the circunstances that put her there... if its the fact that she knows how to fight? remember CC knows pretty well how to fight... she gives a good kick when she was searching for Mao...
I really doubt Kallen is the usual tomboy... she has her girlish moments and her clothes are far from a tomboy, some are revealing...
About not being CLAMP type of girl... well they have that kind of women in their mangas so I doubt it... and CC its not the super sweet sakura alike girl... so it has to be something else... after all CLUCLU sells more than Kalulu... sadly but true...
Hmm, the most i'm searching, the less I'm seeing a Kallen-like girl in Clamp's works.
But CC's are plenty (The mysterious girl is a Clamp classic); We even got the clone of Moe CC in Chii.

The thing is, in the anime, Kallen is everything but masculine; Out of the fact she is a KMF pilot, she is usually feminine, and even her frail persona add to that. But when you see those Clamp's sketch, or the ending pic, Kallen seemed meant to be a sort of manly girl.
So in a Clamp view, it's fair to assume they didn't saw her as a feminine one (And I can imagine their look when they saw the serie...seriously.) while finally, she was.

Old 2008-12-18, 04:00   Link #17819
yvj
U Mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolipopo View Post
Hmm, the most i'm searching, the less I'm seeing a Kallen-like girl in Clamp's works.
But CC's are plenty (The mysterious girl is a Clamp classic); We even got the clone of Moe CC in Chii.

The thing is, in the anime, Kallen is everything but masculine; Out of the fact she is a KMF pilot, she is usually feminine, and even her frail persona add to that. But when you see those Clamp's sketch, or the ending pic, Kallen seemed meant to be a sort of manly girl.
So in a Clamp view, it's fair to assume they didn't saw her as a feminine one (And I can imagine their look when they saw the serie...seriously.) while finally, she was.
Yeah C.C is the mysterious long haired girl who just happens to be the most popular girl in the show.

If being bad ass = manly....the Kallen is one of the top five manliest people in the CG universe.

Did Clamp do anything with Shirley?
Old 2008-12-18, 05:14   Link #17820
Spring_sakura111
Kanashimi o mukou eto~!

Shirley is modeled after Inoue Orihimi.

( I'm joking. )

C.C. is a unique character. And you don't get a lot of green-haired girls who gets REALLY popular. Ahooho. Mysterious characters are mostly white or violet haired ones. And Pink ones are the mostly overused these days. O.O

( What am I saying!? )

Edit: SORRY! I thought this was the C.C. thread since ya'll were talkin' about C.C.
About Kallen's haircolor , it would seriously suck if it were pink.
Spring_sakura111 is offline   Reply With Quote