AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valkyria Chronicles

Notices

View Poll Results: Valkyria Chronicles - Episode 5 Rating
Perfect 10 9 16.98%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 13 24.53%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 17 32.08%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 3.77%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 11.32%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 5.66%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 3.77%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.89%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-05-06, 20:38   Link #141
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
I agree that Alicia is, but Welkin - so far? Not really. He is not the main character in this anime so far.

Tak they are different comments. In first I talk about relationships in second about character changes and their importance shift so far. If you cannot see the difference then hold yourself from commenting about others patience regarding it.

By the way how many episodes this anime will have?

If 24 then yes I am judging too soon but if 11-13 then it is almost half of it passed... then I do not think judgments would be too soon.
Old 2009-05-06, 20:51   Link #142
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Its gotta be at least 24 episodes. I never played the game but the potential for a great anime is there.
Old 2009-05-06, 20:53   Link #143
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
Tak they are different comments. In first I talk about relationships in second about character changes and their importance shift so far. If you cannot see the difference then hold yourself from commenting about others patience regarding it.
Different? Really? In both posts you are bitching about the lack of character Welkin requires to be the main character (no pun intended). In the first post, you claim that Welkin is sort of secondary character while in the 2nd you stated that It saddens seeing how his character is pathetic compared to game so far.

Both look like to me that you are bitching about his role as the protagonist. Now, if you cannot see the similarities between the two accusations you have made, and insist on posting something about it, then don't bother explain the two paragraphs' supposed differences, for you just left yourself wide open with that one.

You are impatient because you would post two posts bitching, yet not acknowledging the fact that this anime is still at its early stages.

Quote:
By the way how many episodes this anime will have?

If 24 then yes I am judging too soon but if 11-13 then it is almost half of it passed... then I do not think judgments would be too soon.
Uh, 11 ~ 13? Was that really what you were thinking? Even so, let me assure you that this anime is slated to last more than 20. On the other hand, you claim to have played the game, but if you did, you will know which mission this episode is depicting and you will also recognize that this mission occurred in the very early chapters of the game.

So in conclusion, yes, your judgment is too soon.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.

Last edited by Tak; 2009-05-06 at 21:05.
Old 2009-05-06, 20:53   Link #144
Darknemo2000

Was it confirmed?

I look at wikipedia and they are listed only up to 13th episode. But again wikipedia is not most reliable source.

I know that if following the game it should be longer, but you never know. Like for example JC Staff in ZnT skipped a whole book of novels just to give a stupid conclusion in 12 episodes (considering that season usually consist from 3-4 books it is pretty big thing)

Tak in the first I am complaining about the love traingle more than anything - basically character relationship. In second characters and their importance change. That is different.
Old 2009-05-06, 20:56   Link #145
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Was it confirmed?

I look at wikipedia and they are listed only up to 13th episode. But again wikipedia is not most reliable source.
Thats funny, I am assuming you are looking at what I was looking at. Yet, according to:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valkyria_Chronicles

It clearly states 26 episodes scheduled.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2009-05-06, 21:02   Link #146
Darknemo2000

Nah, I was looking at the episode listing - where only 13 episodes are listed.

But yeah seems like 26 episodes are scheduled. Which may be a good thing but if there will be more of that Alicia/Faldio relationship then it may be not that good at all.
Old 2009-05-06, 21:27   Link #147
4Tran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Father Hentai View Post
Sure we are talking about a MG and not about a Gatling Gun? A MG is in general used by one person and you have another person who just carries the amo. Still a MG is heavy and it uses a lot of ammo.
I'm mostly talking about World War II era machine guns like the MG42. The second crewman is important for maintaining a sustained rate of fire with helping with ammunition belts and replacement barrels. He is even more important for increasing the lethality of the weapon - a crew manned weapon abrogates the responsibility for the potentially killing shot and allows for more rounds on target.

Quote:
I believe you have looked on the Scheme on how a Tank batailon is build up. If you look, then the first platoon has 4 Tanks. The first platoon is for command, logistics and supply while 2nd, 3rd and 4th platon are the combat platoons. 2/291 I assume has been added or is the reserve platoon. Which still means we came to a combat personell of about 500 to 600 ppl including their tanks.
Sure, and depending on the military in question, a regiment might well just field that one battalion. In any case, my point was that a 500-combatant regiment was a much more reasonable size than one made up of a dozen or so squads.

Quote:
I know what you mean but still an officer is an officer and a sergeant is a sergeant. If the structure says that the squad is led by an officer not even a senior NCO can do against. And the structure is set up by the Divisions Commander or even Army HQ. Believe me at this point. I was Personnel NCO in the Bundeswehr I know what I am talking about in terms of military organization.
The Bundeswehr is a bit unusual in this regard - in just about all other militaries, the squad would be commanded by either a corporal or sergeant.
Old 2009-05-06, 22:14   Link #148
Solecs

I'm not all that good with weaponry, but in the game the enemy (imperials) does use what it calls a "Heavy Gatling Turret" I believe. These are mounted on a tripod with an enemy unit behind controlling it. I would expect that these would show up eventually in the anime as well. They were also kind of a pain to deal with in the game if you couldn't get around behind them because they do quite a lot of damage.
Old 2009-05-06, 22:16   Link #149
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I've just been following the Random Curiosity precaps.... looks like this might be entertaining after all. Will report back after marathoning the existing eps.
Old 2009-05-06, 22:50   Link #150
Runty

Well, I saw a subbed version. Time to add.

Spoiler for Episode 5, subbed:
Old 2009-05-07, 00:38   Link #151
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

having random thoughts after seeing this ep

Hans must had red bull.

red bull gives you wings

p.s. swine flu
Old 2009-05-07, 00:54   Link #152
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

Faldio's boy lover will shoot Alicia in the back. i can see it coming.. but yeah, Faldio's flags are waving vigorously. he'll be gone before ep 15 rolls around. i can feel it.
Old 2009-05-07, 01:53   Link #153
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
Faldio's boy lover will shoot Alicia in the back. i can see it coming.. but yeah, Faldio's flags are waving vigorously. he'll be gone before ep 15 rolls around. i can feel it.
sadly, faldio will be around probably till the second to last episode...
Old 2009-05-07, 01:54   Link #154
necrosis6

Well if Faldio's boyh lover does shoot Alicia in the back, it'll be a "fatal hit" to allow for emo on Welkin's/Faldio's part before her super healing kicks back and she lives through it. Giving Alicia fast healing is like asking for her to be critically injured at some point.
Old 2009-05-07, 03:33   Link #155
Father Hentai

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tran View Post
The Bundeswehr is a bit unusual in this regard - in just about all other militaries, the squad would be commanded by either a corporal or sergeant.
A corporal has no commanding authorities if not assigned by a sergeant or an officer. I already mentioned earlier that the Backbone of the BW are the Sergeants. A Squad can be lead by a Sergeant but it can also be lead by a junior officer. It depends on what the task of the squad (description is in the STAN of the unit) is or if the junior officer felt in disgrace in the eyes of the platoons sergeant major . Ok. Last ist more a joke. It does really make sense that a junior officer is assigned to lead a squad because it's the smalles unit with enough personnel responsibilities.
Old 2009-05-07, 03:53   Link #156
Ice-CooL

Hmm,.. this is actually my first post on this forum...
But after watching the first five episodes a had to write this...
Spoiler for direction and writing:

PS: sorry for bad grammar...
Old 2009-05-07, 04:05   Link #157
Darknemo2000

Ice-CooL, could not put it in better. It really does feel like a cheap shoujo, with only one protoganist (Alicia) while the supposed second one (Welkin) is more like an important figure in the background plot-wise, but somewhat has very little screen-time wise. On the other hand because he is such an excessive airhead he is pretty annoying character so the fact that his role is reduced may be a god's blessing. Its just that watching Faldio/Alicia is even worse.
Old 2009-05-07, 05:50   Link #158
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice-CooL View Post
Hmm,.. this is actually my first post on this forum...
But after watching the first five episodes a had to write this...
That reads like an online gag comic.

But why do I have a feeling that there's some measure of truth in it?
Old 2009-05-07, 06:59   Link #159
Jin Kizuite
Guns Galore!

Send a message via MSN to Jin Kizuite
Dude, wtf they're making the imperials look like pansy pushovers. *lack of excitement.*

Credit @ fallschirmjager
Old 2009-05-07, 07:15   Link #160
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalbron View Post
Well Gallia certainly doesn't use mortars, but the game has the Imperials lobbing them and incinidary shells at you all over the place.
You clearly never got all the Orders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
*Buzzer* We'll see him for the whole anime. And thank goodness this is a two cour show. I can delude myself into thinking things will improve.