AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Old 2009-12-27, 05:55   Link #361
miyako*

thank you!! *.*
oh you are rigth: it has high prices.. but may cost less than ordering from amazoon.jp... I guess...

ok! these holidays I'm going to Paris in 2005 I had fun!

Last edited by miyako*; 2009-12-27 at 06:12.
miyako* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-21, 15:57   Link #362
EvaForever

Does anyone know where i can buy the manga of ufo princess valkyrie?
EvaForever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-14, 08:21   Link #363
grimlocksoft

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvaForever View Post
Does anyone know where i can buy the manga of ufo princess valkyrie?
You can order it at yasuimanga.com, they have very low prices and ship from Japan.
I've ordered a few books already.
grimlocksoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-23, 07:16   Link #364
AnimeFangirl

What's a good place for light novels that isn't amazon.co.jp (doesn't ship to P. O. Boxes) or yesasia (doesn't seem to have any)?
Old 2010-03-23, 09:55   Link #365
Robotnik
Not a member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorfl View Post
What's a good place for light novels that isn't amazon.co.jp (doesn't ship to P. O. Boxes) or yesasia (doesn't seem to have any)?
Really? I found the Shana novels easily on their site. IIRC their web site's search also works with kanji.
Robotnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-31, 14:00   Link #366
GHDpro
Administrator
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorfl View Post
Check this article on Random Curiosity:
http://randomc.animeblogger.net/2010...-to-buy-books/

I agree with the author's conclusions and also use BK1 almost exclusively these days, especially as they offer airmail shipments which tend to be cheaper and less likely to be intercepted by customs.

Of course the only downside is that the site is very hard to use if you don't know Japanese. But I suppose you weren't going to just look at the pretty Japanese text, right?
GHDpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-27, 21:32   Link #367
clairdelune371

Quote:
Originally Posted by TronDD View Post
http://www.sasugabooks.com/ sells JAPANESE LANGUAGE manga in America.
!!! Wow, thanks for this! So far I was just ordering from Nippon-Export but this looks like a much better deal since there is no shipping fee in US! Has anyone ordered from this place? The prices are amazing - any comments, maybe?

If anyone ever sees this, I had a very smooth experience with Nippon-Export, it took a while to arrive, but everything was very good. They even reduced the price later on because shipping apparently cost less than they had expected. How nice~

I'd also be glad to know if anyone knows a store near the Baltimore-Washington DC area that sells Japanese books... Very, very glad.
clairdelune371 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-07, 03:59   Link #368
leslieso_111

Where to buy english version Red Eyes manga

hey guys/gals?

I have been looking for a while and i can't seem to find english translated works of "Red Eye" by jun shindo?

i have trouble already just looking for volumes 1-8? but i really need to find any volumes above 9

can any of you refer me to any sites or local shops where i could purchase them?

thanks

(richmond, bc canada)
leslieso_111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-11, 15:35   Link #369
GHDpro
Administrator
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by leslieso_111 View Post
hey guys/gals?

I have been looking for a while and i can't seem to find english translated works of "Red Eye" by jun shindo?

i have trouble already just looking for volumes 1-8? but i really need to find any volumes above 9

can any of you refer me to any sites or local shops where i could purchase them?

thanks

(richmond, bc canada)
A little searching seems to indicate that manga was never released in English (or has gone completely out of print).

There are German, French and Italian editions available though (you'd have to import them from Europe however).
GHDpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-17, 14:33   Link #370
LMF

For me, it's different. I bought some just for reference since I'm an artist. But I mostly check them out in the local library.

Yes, they still exist.
LMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-27, 10:50   Link #371
4damoon

Hi, I'm interested to buy mangas from www.rightsuf.com as I heard many good reviews about them. However, I'm a non US resident, while they have a policy where International buyer should scan their credit card and send their ID card as well.

Is it safe? Is there any of you who's non US resident that have tried purchasing from them?

Thanks in advance.
4damoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-01, 11:25   Link #372
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Rightstuf is totally legit and safe as a company. The international request for additional verification is to reduce the ridiculous percentage of credit card fraud that originates from overseas. Frankly, I'm surprised more internet companies don't do this as a standard operating procedure anymore.

Caveat: this does not eliminate the tiny tiny risk that an employee of rightstuf might not be corrupt... but then you're still much more likely to get your identity stolen at any restaurant or store where you have to show your ID card or hand them your credit card.
Old 2010-07-02, 20:42   Link #373
Lost Cause

Also in the U.S. theres Barnes & Nobel bookstores as well as Borders Bookstore. They have a small but decent selection of manga. B & N also carries anime too.

Ride, Boldly Ride!
Lost Cause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-03, 00:07   Link #374
LMF

I found some in a flea market. $1 for each, I guess.

Try flea markets, and hunt.
Old 2010-07-12, 16:09   Link #375
demetris

What's your opinion about http://benippon.com ?

I might switch to them for manga and books (I used to buy from yesasia but their prices are... a bit... you know)
demetris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-17, 17:48   Link #376
roguea2

Garage Sale with over 2000 mangas for sale!

For local Chicagoland people we are having a garage sale this weekend, August 20-22 at 6508 N. Kenneth Ave in Lincolnwood, IL. Over 2000 mangas being sold along with some anime. Prices are $4 a book and all the books are in perfect condition. Youll get better prices if you buy in quantity! Email me if you have any questions!
roguea2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-22, 16:33   Link #377
usdrama

I never knew that manga was available in The Netherlands lol. And most of them are even up to date!! Im gonna get me some soon.
usdrama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-23, 22:32   Link #378
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

With Barnes&Noble bookstores in some financial difficulties (fewer people buying books due to economy), they've really stripped down all their sections - including the manga.

However, their online store (bn.com) still carries just about everything and if you have a membership, you get a 10% discount off their retail price.

Rightstuf.com (online-only store) has excellent selection and their own membership program as well.
Old 2010-08-23, 22:59   Link #379
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Rightstuf.com (online-only store) has excellent selection and their own membership program as well.
Seconded. They are top notch for price on manga and anime on an international scale, let alone within the US. My friends to bulky orders with them and they are usually promptly delivered. Occassional delays are due to stuffups by licensing companies or the publishers.
Old 2010-08-28, 13:04   Link #380
LMF

Yup. Got a lot of mangas in the flea market. Man, I'm surprise that a volume cost $7.99, Shonen Jump would be exact.

Tags
buying, import, japanese language, manga