AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shin Sekai Yori

Notices

Old 2012-07-10, 15:27   Link #41
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I don't want to drag this too far away from the topic at hand (which is a series that interests me very much) so this will be my last thought on PA Works in this thread. But I want to respond to your post, because I think this raises an interesting point.

If you'll pardon me for oversimplifying a bit, what I think we have here is a difference between seeing anime as a craft and seeing it as an art. You're pointing out specific area in which you feel ufotable, et al are technically superior to PA Works. And I'm telling you, what PA Works brings to the table that I don't normally see from most other studios is a sense of personal vision. It's hard to quantify so easily, but in addition to a "look" that's signature to their stuff (that can be a double-edged sword) their art reflects an aesthetic sense that I've never seen from, for example, a ufotable series.

For all its many, many, many, many, many, many many narrative flaws, for my money HanaIro is a far more beautiful series than Fate/Zero visually. ufotable can impress and dazzle, and they make better use of CGI than just about anyone. But as art, I find their look slightly cold and clinical. I've even seen that in some KyoAni stuff, too, though Hyouka is wonderfully expressive and whimsical visually.

Lastly, on the Tsuritama reference, I agree with you that the example you show and the series generally are fantastic visually - but Nakamura was going for something quite singular in the look of the series (as he always does). I don't think I'd bring it into a PA Works/KyoAni/ufotable et al discussion because it's like referencing Picasso in a debate about who was the greatest of the Impressionists.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-10, 15:38   Link #42
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

P.A Works not have any notable animators on their belt, like Bones, I.G, KyoAni or even Ufotable (although this one maybe exaggeration)have. in A-1 case they just simply hire them.
Pretty weird to say P.A is top tier animation studio without someone talented work with them. Because Animation quality is a lot to do with talent.

And I think Birdy 1st season, Welcome to space show, and The Idolm@ster trump everything that P.A ever done.

EDIT: Their relic of anime no chikara looks fantastic too. if you like exotic background n pretty chara design you can check Senkou no Night Raid.

Last edited by fertygo; 2012-07-10 at 16:17.
fertygo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-10, 16:44   Link #43
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

i think the biggest flaw of P.A is that they seem to go down instead of improving, their animation seem to decay every new series they produce, maybe people keep judging P.A for they canaan/AB animation, and A-1 biggest problem one in the past was the story composition or/and bad direction, lots of good animation with uninteresting story or poorly told, but thats something they seem to had overcome,but it seems this influx on their work has its price in lackluster animation, but i personally prefer it like this.
Old 2012-07-10, 17:28   Link #44
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Isn't there an argument to be made about detail and how that affects animation? I generally think Ufotable's work is more detailed than most, and that is why they don't have enough budget to have constant motion. Contrast something like Idol Master which sure was fluid, but nowhere near as detailed IMO.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-10, 18:04   Link #45
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

theres also the point of animating something that involves a lost of frames(action scene, dance), and animating people talking, its why kyoani animation looks so fluid, they´re animating poeople sitting and talking for a good while now, while ufotable shows stead animation in an action movie/series, so i expect kyoani animate that kyokai no kanata to see how they do something (that seems) more action oriented.
Old 2012-07-11, 00:09   Link #46
duckroll
綺羅星★!

I agree that it would be bad to derail this topic any further. At this point, PA Works, Ufotable, and KyoAni really have nothing to do with the show this topic is about, and it would be a disservice to continue this discussion here. Obviously I disagree that Hanasaku Iroha looks better than Fate/Zero, but that really doesn't matter, and honestly I like both series a lot, so whatever.

From the New World is going to be a really interesting directorial debut for Masashi Ishihama, and hopefully the acclaimed source material gives him good material to flex his creative vision. It's great to see Chikashi Kubota as a character designer again too, hopefully there are more ex-Gainax animators involved in the project too. It'll be nice to see if Trigger and Sushio will contribute to the series, like they did for Idolmaster.
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-25, 06:06   Link #47
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Hmm ... well, this is yet another series I am curious about....
Old 2012-07-25, 06:18   Link #48
LAboy 456
Portuguese Anime Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower View Post
Hmm ... well, this is yet another series I am curious about....
Me too...
Old 2012-08-13, 01:07   Link #49
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Two new trailers:

Serious sleeper potential here. This one isn't getting enough attention.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-13, 01:16   Link #50
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Two new trailers:

Serious sleeper potential here. This one isn't getting enough attention.
Definitely agree, it's one of the more interesting prospects of next season.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-13, 01:31   Link #51
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

It's mostly cuts from the previous trailer, but there is some new footage revealed.
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-13, 01:56   Link #52
leokiko

Wow. The BGM is freaking boss. Really excited for this, though I hope A-1 Pictures doesn't screw up with the animation.
leokiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-13, 02:15   Link #53
Kunagisa

This is getting a lot of attention elsewhere though ... just for the wrong reasons. The manga's getting to a pretty sexual point, I'm sure if you just show those images to other people they probably think this is hentai or something. Obviously from the intro post everyone know this is scheduled for TV Asahi, which currently doesn't have a consistent late night anime time slot (or is it none at all?). The main concern now is that this anime isn't really appropriate for an early time slot, and the homepage updated that they will have an update for the full schedule soon (<-- I always find update for an update funny, hahaha ... orz).

This really doesn't concern us but it's kinda interesting to see what the current situation is I guess.

Something that I didn't post during the last update (and I just forgot about it afterward) is that they already told us the characters will progress through age 12, 14, and 26, which brings it to a big-scale 3 part work (三部作). People were hung up over the 3-part thingy because they didn't know if it meant 3 cour or what, and I didn't follow up after so I don't know either. The wording's weird because the novel only had 2 parts and I thought it was only going to be 1 cour for sure but after that I don't know if they intend to drag this out since the novel total is around 1000+ pages.
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-13, 02:35   Link #54
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

from all the previews i get this feel this is a really dark story, and thats great for me, but the manga images i've seen point me to the other way, touhg kunagisa poast say it has some maturity but not really the kind i dig.
Old 2012-08-13, 03:20   Link #55
shels

As far as i am concerned this is the only thing that's worth checking out in the next season
shels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-13, 08:34   Link #56
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunagisa View Post
This is getting a lot of attention elsewhere though ... just for the wrong reasons. The manga's getting to a pretty sexual point, I'm sure if you just show those images to other people they probably think this is hentai or something. Obviously from the intro post everyone know this is scheduled for TV Asahi, which currently doesn't have a consistent late night anime time slot (or is it none at all?). The main concern now is that this anime isn't really appropriate for an early time slot, and the homepage updated that they will have an update for the full schedule soon (<-- I always find update for an update funny, hahaha ... orz).
TV Asahi already have a late-night slot which stays for a long time up to a late decade (to be precise, 2009) but it wasn't popular due to a bunch of subpar works aired on this channel and are filled with poor ratings. So, I'm hoping that the new show will make a comeback to this former slot.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-13, 10:36   Link #57
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Oh count me in as one who is really looking forward to this,I figure that there's not much hype on this forum because not many are familiar with the source material (really,that's where hype comes from) but I hope once it starts airing more people will catch on!
Old 2012-08-13, 14:55   Link #58
desrtsku
Nympholept

Hoho, delicious trailer is delicious.
Old 2012-08-16, 00:18   Link #59
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Another one to the watch list....

Fall looks quite packed...
Old 2012-08-16, 00:28   Link #60
leokiko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Another one to the watch list....

Fall looks quite packed...
Willing to bet this is gonna be the best season of the year.
leokiko is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adventure, fantasy, science fiction, supernatural