AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-11-08, 22:38   Link #21
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

From my point of view, Shaman King was a pleasant experience to look at. What it drew most about it was the animation quality, deviantly different from other titles.

In México, we have a licensing Publishing Company for manga, Editorial VID.

During the last two years, they have licensed for the Mexican market titles such as:
DragonBall
Video Girl Ai
Ah! My Goddess
I's
X by CLAMP
Shadow Lady
Love Hina
Saint Seiya
Shaman King

Next year they will bring to México InuYasha and YuYu Hakusho manga.

I bought volumes 1-4 of Shaman King and started to read and finished the Vol 1. Chapter 1.

Just as you said, the anime left a plentiful bound of details that the manga took its time to describe and narrate.

What I want to know is if the manga has ended its run in Japan?

And up to which volume and chapter did it ended?
Old 2004-11-09, 01:34   Link #22
Tsukishirou

Wow I only got to the boards to see something about Shaman King and this topic is up.

Anyway has Shaman King ended? The last chapter I saw was *probably spoilers*

Spoiler:
Old 2006-12-28, 17:43   Link #23
uyuu_ishida
ArTiSt

Send a message via MSN to uyuu_ishida
shaman king manga

One of the manga i like is shaman king
Old 2007-02-26, 05:22   Link #24
Umaibo

The manga of Shaman King is awesome, unlike the anime which has an alternate ending. As a result, you will see a much more solid story and very exciting battles. The manga hasn't ended yet, mind you.
Old 2007-02-26, 13:50   Link #25
2H-Dragon
Silent Warrior

The manga has ended. It got canceled. The final battle Hao vs Yoh never happened. Yeah Tsukishirou that was the last chapter. There are 6 chapters that takes place 6 years after though. I forgot how it was called. It's a shame it got canceled. Even though it wasn't the best thing around it was pretty solid. Enjoyed it more then say Flame of Recca.
Old 2007-02-26, 14:28   Link #26
Umaibo

That's right! I forgot, the manga has ended. I must have been thinking about something else at the time.
Old 2007-06-05, 03:51   Link #27
Areguzanda
Ecchi!

well what do you know.
suddenly some company here started releasing Shaman King manga translated into Norwegian.
and it's cheap too.
lucky me
(to bad the translations sucks)

Old 2007-07-15, 01:11   Link #28
blahdida

Shaman King finally coming out with a decent ending!!

I found on another forum talking about volume 33 for SK finally gonna get released, since the ending to volume 32 was a let down, looking forward to it
It was said in the Japan-Expo that its gonna be 280 pages
Apparently Takei was in France when it was announced
"too afraid to put down link to another forum because it might be against the forum rule = ="
"It is yet unconfirmed news"
Old 2007-09-22, 04:39   Link #29
reaper_unique

Lightbulb

Hi,

long time since I posted here, reason was that I was bussy with some things but now those things r settled.
Now ontopic:

what blahdida says is true, Takei has announced on a Japan expo in France that he is going to make a new volume, "volume 33", this volume is gonig to be around 280 pgs long and is probably gonig to be released(in Japan) around december or jan.

Now this you already knew but, this is somthing you probably didn't know:
All notes and comments are in the [ ].

Q. Will there be a SK sequel? [Questionaire didn't say anime or manga, but we'll assume manga]
A. "If possible" or 'Soon as possible''

Q. Why was the Shaman King anime ending different? [Probably meaning the 2nd season of the anime, which was changed from the manga]
A. Well, the manga was still running so it was impossible to follow the book, so they used a different ending

Q. [The person was unable to state his/her question]
(another person says): Can you guys shut up!? I have an intelligent question here.'' [Because the last question was really easy]
New Q. Is there a movie or short subject [OVA/OAV/Special] of Shaman King? [Assuming that there will be a new one, not something that has already been done and hasn't been dubbed by 4Kids]
A. Probably "No." but video got cut off.

[End of video clip]

from this video

and this is from after the Q&A:
Q1 - Something about volume 32 & the end of SK..
Answer : Yes, there will be a sequel, a true ending, I hope to do that for the end of the year or during 2008.

Q2 - Is the end a continuation and end of SK or rather a new story?
Answer : Just wait for it to be released and read it.

Takei said also that he have some "secret plan." This could mean that he has a new manga (series or oneshot) planned.

He didn't want to say anything about the plot or anything (of SK volume 33) except :
"This will be like AstroBoy.. kind of.."

more info:
Spoiler for "volume 33":

if you already knew this, well euuh then perfect, otherwise hope I got you excited.
Old 2007-09-23, 23:55   Link #30
Hage-bai
Banned

Hard to get excited over a botched ending. Its unredeemable. SK should be added to a long running list of botched series by Shueisha.

POT is another one that takes the cake. Talk about ruining years worth of work. Complete chokejob.
Old 2007-09-27, 13:38   Link #31
reaper_unique

new news,
Quote:
Next week, Takei will have a message in Weekly Shonen Jump! The section his message will be under is the "Go!Go!SQ!" which is a section about the new manga magazine, Jump SQ (released monthly starting in Nov.). His message could just be "support" for the new magazine, BUT there will be an illustration by Takei as well (as far as the orginal rumor-news says). And rule of thumb is (and even more so if it's noted in advance)...

New drawings almost always mean a new series!

And by new series, it could mean Shaman King comes back! Or it could be something new! It could be a one shot, or it could be a brand new series. Either way, it will VERY likely mean that it will be in JumpSQ and NOT Weekly Shonen Jump. This means, if it's any more than a oneshot chapter, it will be monthly chapter releases.

So, I'd like to annouce at this time, or just re-confirm, if Takei releases anything in JumpSQ (oneshot, SK, or something new), Mankin-Trad will try it's hardest to scanlate what ever it is.

Just like with Jyuki Ningen Jumbor, we will work hard next week to both raw scans and translations for the one page message (ok, half page message, somebody else is making a comment too). Also, if it is Shaman King coming back, yes, we will finish up all 32 volumes of Shaman King manga BEFORE it gets released (assuming it follows my prediction as stated below). So check out this site for anything Takei, since we keep you updated!

(Oh, and here's just my hunch, not fact, but I'm normally not off by very much. I believe it will be Shaman King returning, but it won't start until the 2nd or more likely the 3rd issue, the January issue.)

(Also, this clearly isn't the project I have talked about in the last news post, so yes, these are two different things. But with this new, soon to be annouced annoucement, Mankin-Trad will be up to 4.5 manga series scanlated (the .5 from Funbari No Uta).)
source
Old 2007-11-19, 14:28   Link #32
Divination

God dammit I wanna read volumes 30-32 scanlated, but I can't find it anywhere
Old 2007-11-19, 15:49   Link #33
UPR

Can somebody tell me from what chapter and volume this is from.

Yoh fell in love with her (Ana) at first sight, (at the age of ten ) took her out on a date, and was willing to sacrifice his best friend to rescue her.
Old 2008-05-13, 18:58   Link #34
Umaibo

Anyone else excited for the true ending? It won't be published until spring 2009 (or later) but it will be worth the wait. =D
Old 2008-05-13, 22:28   Link #35
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by UPR View Post
Can somebody tell me from what chapter and volume this is from.

Yoh fell in love with her (Ana) at first sight, (at the age of ten ) took her out on a date, and was willing to sacrifice his best friend to rescue her.

LOL, this is from last year but... Better late than never, right ?

If you haven't gotten your answer from else where yet...

That particular mini-arc was from the second half of Vol 19, to the first half of Vol 20; The Osozeran Reviour.

It's the story of how it all began for the both of them, and till this day I still considered it the best romance story I've ever read, EVER.

And till this day, I'm bitter at the anime for not showing it >.>

Quote:
Originally Posted by usopsama View Post
Anyone else excited for the true ending? It won't be published until spring 2009 (or later) but it will be worth the wait. =D
Eh?! I thought it would be out this year

Awww....
Old 2008-05-13, 23:28   Link #36
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

It's two volumes a month. (In case you don't know, SK is getting the special edition treatment.) Hence, the true ending is due next year.
Old 2008-05-13, 23:35   Link #37
Umaibo

Exactly. But its better next year than never. xD
Old 2009-02-27, 00:46   Link #38
Umaibo

Shaman King Kang Zeng Bang

Shaman King Kang Zeng Bang, or the "Perfect edition." The true story picks up the manga at chapter 265.

It has been so long that I will have to reread the whole series. I am really looking forward to the true ending.

Spoiler for chapter 265:
Old 2009-02-27, 02:26   Link #39
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Well, it is about time. With this edition, SJ seeks to capture newer readers and satisfy old fans at the same time.

The scans should come in rather quickly as we don't need to wait for the magazine but for the volumes instead.
Old 2009-02-27, 13:31   Link #40
Samanosuke
Genma Killer

Spoiler for 265:
Closed Thread

Tags
shounen