AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime > Fansub Groups

Notices

Old 2009-06-21, 20:19   Link #901
krazywrath

Sorry, but what did you mean by using math functions for offsets? Is this Lua or some other code?

Right now, I have merged my 2 templates into 1:
Spoiler for code:

Can someone please tell me if I'm doing it right? (the particles are shifted to the left of the middle of each syllable right now)
Old 2009-06-22, 03:28   Link #902
LelouchVII
Hagane no Renkinjutsushi

Well you probably want to use retime (http://aegisub.cellosoft.com/docs/Ka...on_environment)

also your third tag is wrong (\c--> input number between 1 and 4).Also forget about $ variables in retime since you change your lines timings. Also don't put timed transformations. Use a retime using math.random for offsets and transform over time your effects.

Code : template syl noblank notext

!retime("syl",0,math.random(200,400))!{\an2\move($ scenter,63,!$scenter+math.random(input two numbers for what to add , use negative to reduce)!,same goes for y axis)\t(\fscx200)\rest of transformation tags here.}

If you want your particles to move (something that I assume you want) use the move tag. At the moment whatever timings you use your particles are fixed at the position you inputed.

Also lua functions like the math functions go in blocks , aka !!
LelouchVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-23, 20:08   Link #903
Tragic
Stuck in Shitstorm
*Fansubber

Send a message via MSN to Tragic
I'm looking for a good guide to learning some basic karaoke effects in Aegisub. Does anyone have any recommendations or any ideas/assistance? I'm wanting to be able to do karaoke myself, but I have no clue where to start.
Tragic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-23, 22:37   Link #904
pichu
*Fansubber

Hmmm I've decided to post this thought here... because I think it's unimportant.

I've been thinking whether I should make a muxer in SWF (flash 10) using AS3 or not. Flash is just superior than vsfilter in every way. For example, its own MovieClip class can contain just about anything including TextField and Sprite objects... They can be from videos to text to vector sprites. Unlke After-Effects, flash can run in real-time. It will be very easy for me to make a script (compiled to .swf) enabling you to mux .ass as well as video overlays on any raw videos. Or, it can compile to .swf using flash, combining all of these necessary imports as long as you have the base swc's... It will be BETTER for web videos where you can stream in your subtitles with video overlays (aka signs: using H264 with alpha channel) -- beating what CrunchyRoll and many other sites have to offer -- it will be completely softsubbed. I think the performance hit for adobe flash is somewhat high, compared to what most conventional codecs and players have to offer. So, I'm hesitate to work on this idea. I don't know if anyone would like this idea.... Plus the .ass timings from aegisub is somewhat trial-and-error.
pichu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-24, 04:14   Link #905
TheFluff
Excessively jovial fellow

Quote:
Originally Posted by pichu View Post
Hmmm I've decided to post this thought here... because I think it's unimportant.
uh huh
Quote:
Originally Posted by pichu View Post
video overlays (aka signs: using H264 with alpha channel)
how exactly do you propose encoding these
17:43:13 <~deculture> Also, TheFluff, you are so fucking slowpoke.jpg that people think we dropped the DVD's.
17:43:16 <~deculture> nice job, fag!

01:04:41 < Plorkyeran> it was annoying to typeset so it should be annoying to read
TheFluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-24, 04:20   Link #906
LelouchVII
Hagane no Renkinjutsushi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tragic View Post
I'm looking for a good guide to learning some basic karaoke effects in Aegisub. Does anyone have any recommendations or any ideas/assistance? I'm wanting to be able to do karaoke myself, but I have no clue where to start.
Check the aegisub manual for the basics. Also the aegisub forums have plenty of examples. Also try experimenting alot. If you get stuck you can always ask here , or pm me (IRC : LelouchVII) . I will be happy to help if I can. There is also a karaoke channel #karaoke . Join .
Old 2009-06-24, 05:06   Link #907
pichu
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFluff View Post
uh huh

how exactly do you propose encoding these
I haven't really tested this... But all I know is that when you compile to swf, the videos will be compressed (aka re-encoded), as you probably know that you can import video clips into flash... That includes MovieClip with both composite and alpha channels. They might just be sequence of jpegs... without using the actual flash encoder.
pichu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-24, 12:42   Link #908
fireshark
CRF Believer
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to fireshark
next thing you know, we'll all be releasing in .swf
fireshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-02, 00:18   Link #909
getfresh
done
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireshark View Post
next thing you know, we'll all be releasing in .swf
We joked about that years ago as well. PPL making kara in "swish" (old flash app) since it would be perfect for karaoke you can't even read, but damn wouldn't it look cool! ;p
getfresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-04, 09:01   Link #910
D404
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by getfresh View Post
We joked about that years ago as well. PPL making kara in "swish" (old flash app) since it would be perfect for karaoke you can't even read, but damn wouldn't it look cool! ;p
I don't see why it wouldn't be possible, since flash exports a variety of formats that can be used as, or turned into an overlay that AviSynth can use.
D404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-11, 21:04   Link #911
Akatsuker
Forever Espada
*Fansubber

I need some ideas. My plan is to do some karaoke in .ass. I already have a highlighting effect for the syl, but the problem is, I need some ideas do to some move() on the entire line. Something like, if it was on After Effects, doing the Wiggle expression on position: Some random and short "shaking" all over it.
Since only one move() is possible per line, I wonder how could I do something like that. I wanna work, but I really need to know where to start. I've been searching, but found nothing.
Could anybody with more experience in karaoke making just give me some direction to go?
Akatsuker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-19, 10:46   Link #912
LelouchVII
Hagane no Renkinjutsushi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akatsuker View Post
I need some ideas. My plan is to do some karaoke in .ass. I already have a highlighting effect for the syl, but the problem is, I need some ideas do to some move() on the entire line. Something like, if it was on After Effects, doing the Wiggle expression on position: Some random and short "shaking" all over it.
Since only one move() is possible per line, I wonder how could I do something like that. I wanna work, but I really need to know where to start. I've been searching, but found nothing.
Could anybody with more experience in karaoke making just give me some direction to go?
Retime is the place to start. Also on the aegisub forums , ai-chan has made a tremble-shake effect. Check it out. Hope it gives you enough ideas.
Old 2009-08-20, 22:19   Link #913
krazywrath

Hiya! I'm still having troubles with my karaoke effect. jfs helped me (when i accidentally posted in the aegisub help) but i get a strange effect now. I would like it so that the particles begin fading when 80% of the syllable's time has passed. But when I try this out, the particles appear to be already partially faded. Please help!

Spoiler for code:
Old 2009-08-21, 01:00   Link #914
jfs
Aegisub dev

Okay let's say the original timed karaoke line starts at time 0:01:00.00 (one minute, 60000 milliseconds) and that this particular syllable starts at time 20 (200 milliseconds after the line begun) and has duration 5 (50 milliseconds). Both of the random calls in your retiming yield the smallest number in the allowed range.

Before the retiming, things had these values:
line.start_time = 60000
line.duration = <some number that doesn't matter>
syl.start_time ($sstart) = 200
syl.duration ($sdur) = 50
syl.end_time ($send) = 250

Then retiming occurs:
line.start_time = line.start_time + syl.start_time + math.random(-70,-25) = 60000 + 200 - 70 = 60130
line.end_time = line.start_time + syl.end_time + math.random(150,300) = 60000 + 250 + 150 = 60400
line.duration = line.end_time - line.start_time = 270
syl.start_time = 200 (unchaned)
syl.duration = 50 (unchanged)
syl.end_time = 250 (unchanged)

Then inserting values into your \t happens and you get:
\t(60216,60400,\alpha&HFF&)

So 60216 milliseconds (just over a minute) after the particle was displayed on screen, long after it disappeared again due to the line's end time, that \t would kick in.

Aegisub developer [ Forum | Manual | Feature requests | Bug reports | IRC ]
Don't ask for: More VSFilter changes (I won't), karaoke effects, help in PM's
jfs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-22, 01:28   Link #915
krazywrath

Ohhh, I see. That has helped a LOT!! Thanks a lot jfs! Now I have nice-looking particles~ AT LAST!!
Old 2009-09-30, 01:31   Link #916
nakiatala

hey everybody! Its been a while but I'm back for some more help. lol. So any and all help will be greatly appreciated. So I finally made the move to Aegisub (yay me but I'm still learning).
Neway...here's my lil template
{\pos(317,27)}{\fscx0\fscy0\t(0,500,\fscx100\fscy1 00)}

What I don't like is that it stays only one color and doesn't use any of the kf or k functions i plugged in like {\kf20}Fu{\k20}ta{\k29}ri

It doesn't do that lighting up effect as the syllable is sung. So what I'm I doing wrong?
nakiatala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-30, 11:40   Link #917
jfs
Aegisub dev

Quote:
Originally Posted by nakiatala View Post
what I'm I doing wrong?
There's nothing in your template producing any highlight effects. There's an entry effect (why are the coordinates in the \pos fixed?) but nothing that produces a highlight effect.
Take a look at what output the template produces.

Aegisub developer [ Forum | Manual | Feature requests | Bug reports | IRC ]
Don't ask for: More VSFilter changes (I won't), karaoke effects, help in PM's
jfs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-30, 20:29   Link #918
nakiatala

I made the pos fixed because it was supposed to be a vertical kanji line. But I kept looking up different posts on forums and found this

{\fn@DFPGothic-EB\fs26\shad0\fe128\bord3\3c&H25485A&\c&HDEEBF1&\p os(456,184)\frz-90}Sign text

I'm not exactly sure how it did it but it got the result I wanted. I know frz-90 worked and I can identify everything else (kinda) in that but I have no idea what that fn@ thing is. (but if it works i'll use it and ask no questions. lol)

Neway...back to my original question. I ended up using this template

{\r\k$kdur\t($start,$end,\t($start,!$end+200!,\alp ha&HFF&)\t(\fscx115)}

the first line of my karaoke is {\kf150}Stay {\kf113}here {\k21}na{\k23}tsu {\k34}no {\k18}hi{\k40}ka{\k17}ri {\K105}ga

Am I supposed to plug in something in the template to make the highlight effects? 'Cause so far I only put highlight effects in each individual line. (Am I making sense?) I apologize profusely if I'm only confusing everyone.
Old 2009-09-30, 22:20   Link #919
Desbreko
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to Desbreko
\fn is the font name override tag. It lets you change what font is used from the one defined in the line's style setting.

The @ in front of the font name flips the characters on their side so that you can use \frz-90 to make a vertical line of characters while still being able to use \fsp. If you just put \N breaks between each character, you can't control the vertical spacing between the characters very well.

Note that only certain fonts support the @ flipping (you should be able to see them listed in the font selection drop-down) and it usually only applies to the Japanese characters in them.
Desbreko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-01, 02:41   Link #920
nakiatala

^thanks. very informative. I finally get that lil @.

Tags
fansubbing, karaoke, software