AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Old 2008-08-05, 02:22   Link #2101
Blade_Lord
Lord of Blades

Quote:
UBW does none of things you claim it does. It's just a field of swords, which can be recreated through human effort.
Although...I doubt levitating the swords and firing them can be done by human effort....

Emiya Shirou,the Counter Guardian.
Blade_Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-05, 02:56   Link #2102
Deadwings
Heaven's Nightmare

Well, with many special efects like the ones in the movies you could have a small chance to make it look like they are being fired while levitating . But more importantly, I suggest to stop this pointless discussion. It's impossible to compare fiction with the real world and we can only asume or make weak statements on facts that we'll never be able to prove.

(But I still think UBW can be imitated with modern technology!)
Deadwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-05, 03:19   Link #2103
rastilin

Fine, but one final point about reality marbles. From Fate/Zero, when you see the army of the king from outside. It's apparent that the user side-steps normal reality and is untouchable from outside. It's also apparent that the user can move around the reality marble and re-appear at a point relative to his position where he activated it. So any attack that strikes after the marble initiates is effectively dodged. A perfect defense if you time it right. Not to mention you could escape easily with it.
rastilin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-05, 07:45   Link #2104
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

Send a message via ICQ to iamandragon
Quote:
Originally Posted by rastilin View Post
UBW can also be used to dodge any attack as well as penetrate any barrier no matter how it works or how powerful it is.
If the said barrier contains more mana than UBW, then UBW will collapse upon collision.

Quote:
Since it side-steps reality. No amount of current tech would work.
It doesn't side-step reality, only offset. See later on this post to find out how to create UBW on your own.

Quote:
You could destroy the sun with enough anti-matter, which we can make today. You'd need a ball roughly the size of Jupiter, but it IS physically possible. For reference purposes, it takes us something like a century to make one gram. But....
We can make anti-matter, but we can't launch it towards the sun with our current technology. And plus, when is F/SN in? Definitely a time before 2008, right? As long as technology doesn't progress we still can't destroy it no matter what we pour in, therefore it is still impossible for now and thus a miracle at that moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade_Lord View Post
Although...I doubt levitating the swords and firing them can be done by human effort....
A 500kW 2000coil electromagnet does the job perfectly. And you can shoot it with a linear emf catapult . All you need to do is to add camouflage...

Quote:
Fine, but one final point about reality marbles. From Fate/Zero, when you see the army of the king from outside. It's apparent that the user side-steps normal reality and is untouchable from outside. It's also apparent that the user can move around the reality marble and re-appear at a point relative to his position where he activated it. So any attack that strikes after the marble initiates is effectively dodged. A perfect defense if you time it right. Not to mention you could escape easily with it.
If you have enough mana to expand a reality marble, you can simply learn teleport with consumes less than one-tenth of the mana of it. For that desired effect you want. UBW itself drains mana so fast that the combined prana of Shirou and Rin can only keep it up for 15 minutes.

Also, people are inside reality still touch-able from the outside. All you need to do is to walk in. A reality marble is just corroding a limited section of the world with the user's inner image. However, only non-living things without mana (weather it is mana running through a human's veins, or an artifact charged with mana)can be corroded, and they still will be restored after a reality marble is no longer expanded. In other words, reality marble does not negate attacks.

Spoiler for F/Z spoiler:
iamandragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-07, 02:28   Link #2105
Blade_Lord
Lord of Blades

What is youkai? I encounter the term while I was playing battle Moon Wars.

Emiya Shirou,the Counter Guardian.
Blade_Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-07, 05:03   Link #2106
rastilin

Quote:
What is youkai? I encounter the term while I was playing battle Moon Wars.
I believe it translates into "daemon".

Quote:
We can make anti-matter, but we can't launch it towards the sun with our current technology. And plus, when is F/SN in? Definitely a time before 2008, right? As long as technology doesn't progress we still can't destroy it no matter what we pour in, therefore it is still impossible for now and thus a miracle at that moment.
Now hold on, I am fundamentally insulted by your proposition. You're massively underestimating current technology and this is why I find the definition of "True Magic" to be so irritating. With enough resources we can do almost but not quite anything at any level of technology. Technology makes harder things considerably cheaper than they were before, but with enough money, they ARE possible. When I mentioned this to my friends, they pointed out rightly that with unlimited resources, which are said to still be less than the potential of "True Magic" you could destroy the sun as a stone-age culture by requesting a big enough pile of rocks, which would subsequently turn into a supermassive black hole and absorb it. I was thinking I'd use a sequence of satellites to exert a gravitational pull on a nearby black hole, either turning it so it's proton jet smashes the sun into bits or pulling it into the vicinity and thereby causing a slam. We DO have the technology now, it would take millions of years to get there and require more raw materials than exist in several solar systems, but we could do it if we had the stuff, which you said we did. Compared to that, hurtling antimatter into the sun is easy, use an orbital rail-weapon which, incidentally, the military is testing (Not the orbital bit, the "fist of god" design didn't need it).

Quote:
A 500kW 2000coil electromagnet does the job perfectly. And you can shoot it with a linear emf catapult . All you need to do is to add camouflage...
Why bother with a catapult? Have independent superconductive rails beneath the ground and exert magnetic fields all over the battlefield as needed. Calibration would be a pain and you'd need to either compress the material or cool it to zero. But it's doable. The technology powers bullet trains.
Old 2008-08-09, 00:21   Link #2107
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

Quote:
I believe it translates into "daemon".

Now hold on, I am fundamentally insulted by your proposition. You're massively underestimating current technology and this is why I find the definition of "True Magic" to be so irritating. With enough resources we can do almost but not quite anything at any level of technology. Technology makes harder things considerably cheaper than they were before, but with enough money, they ARE possible. When I mentioned this to my friends, they pointed out rightly that with unlimited resources, which are said to still be less than the potential of "True Magic" you could destroy the sun as a stone-age culture by requesting a big enough pile of rocks, which would subsequently turn into a supermassive black hole and absorb it. I was thinking I'd use a sequence of satellites to exert a gravitational pull on a nearby black hole, either turning it so it's proton jet smashes the sun into bits or pulling it into the vicinity and thereby causing a slam. We DO have the technology now, it would take millions of years to get there and require more raw materials than exist in several solar systems, but we could do it if we had the stuff, which you said we did. Compared to that, hurtling antimatter into the sun is easy, use an orbital rail-weapon which, incidentally, the military is testing (Not the orbital bit, the "fist of god" design didn't need it).
Gathering materials is possible given unlimited time, but moving it is impossible as long as technology doesn't advance. And again, F/SN happened not today, but more than 10 years before--which is even less possible for the technology to exist.

And again, you mentioned it is possible for stone-age culture people to request a big enough pile of rock to make a dark hole--but you forgot the factor that stone age people don't even know about black hole, so they won't be requesting enough rocks. And also, black holes does not form with just mass--you'll require lots and lots of energy to as well.

And, current technology won't send anything to the sun--don't forget in the T-Moon universe, Gaia will stop anyone trying to destroy mankind...so even before that technology is invented, they'll be killed by counter force.

Quote:
Why bother with a catapult? Have independent superconductive rails beneath the ground and exert magnetic fields all over the battlefield as needed. Calibration would be a pain and you'd need to either compress the material or cool it to zero. But it's doable. The technology powers bullet trains.
As long as you can do it with science, it's not a 'miracle' but just a 'magic'. I'm saying catapult because it's the most ancient method I can think of...just in case new technology doesn't exist in F/SN's time period...
Old 2008-08-09, 15:21   Link #2108
rastilin

We can send things to Mars, sending them to the sun is considerably easier since it has a giant gravity well. Assuming you had the resources to pull it off, there's no reason it couldn't be done.
Old 2008-08-10, 09:27   Link #2109
Solafighter
Hige

Since i like the anime, i want to try out one of the games.

What game(or more than one game?) are released and what exactly name do they have?

Thanks a lot.
Old 2008-08-11, 05:53   Link #2110
rastilin

Two games are currently out...

Fate/Stay Night
Fate/Hollow Ataraxia
Old 2008-08-11, 06:01   Link #2111
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Also, Fate/Stay Night is currently being translated. Fate route and UBW route have been fully translated, Heavens Feel is in progress. Fate/Hollow Ataraxia... I have heard of being translated, but progres reports have been scarce.

There are also the fighting games, if that is more your style.

Quote:
We can send things to Mars, sending them to the sun is considerably easier since it has a giant gravity well. Assuming you had the resources to pull it off, there's no reason it couldn't be done.
Except for the tiny detail that whatever you send there will burn up before it reaches the sun at all, even before you hit the around 5700 degrees celcius surface, you still have to go through the one to three million degrees corona.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-12, 11:09   Link #2112
Solafighter
Hige

Thanks for your replies.

I will check them out.
Old 2008-08-30, 17:01   Link #2113
kingsky123
Higurashi fan.

apart from the anime are there new heroes on the games and novels and such?

like hydra or minotaur or whatever =/ (mythical, legends) and such.
kingsky123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-31, 02:07   Link #2114
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsky123 View Post
apart from the anime are there new heroes on the games and novels and such?

like hydra or minotaur or whatever =/ (mythical, legends) and such.
There's a new character in one of the other two routes from the anime. (UBW and Heaven's Feel), and as well as a complete new character in F/HA. It's the story that's different, but the characters in the appearance are the same.
Old 2008-09-02, 16:20   Link #2115
kingsky123
Higurashi fan.

what are the 2 new charactors based on?
kingsky123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-02, 19:18   Link #2116
Deadwings
Heaven's Nightmare

1. What's the class type of the new servant in F/HA?

2. I read about something called "avenger" class or something in F/ST related topics. Does such a thing exist? Is it this new guy in HA?
Deadwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-03, 03:10   Link #2117
rastilin

Quote:
1. What's the class type of the new servant in F/HA?

2. I read about something called "avenger" class or something in F/ST related topics. Does such a thing exist? Is it this new guy in HA?
Spoiler for 1.:

2. Yes

Quote:
what are the 2 new charactors based on?
Spoiler for Spoiler for Characters:

Last edited by rastilin; 2008-09-03 at 03:11. Reason: Punctuation
Old 2008-09-14, 11:21   Link #2118
devildog23
Summerlurking

Question about the BGM....

What kind of instrument is used in the BGM "Unmei no Yoru" (NOT the beginning of it). I have no musical sense, but it sounds like a violin or fiddle.
devildog23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-14, 14:41   Link #2119
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Hmm, the beginning is probably a celesta, continuing to drums and a xylophone (hollow steel by the sound of it) and a chorus, and after that the next instrument that starts is a violin (a fiddle is a broad term of violin-type instruments, though often referring to a violin, its not exactly a specific instrument).
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-15, 17:16   Link #2120
Danielren20

do u know where i can download battle moon wars?
Danielren20 is offline   Reply With Quote