AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2008-10-16, 05:32   Link #2121
FateAnomaly

I think your first question is very weird. You ate right before you sleep. Then you got hungry. So it means you got hungry right after you ate. If you had fallen asleep, you wouldn't feel hungry. So your being hungry had nothing to do with resting. In short i don't get it.
FateAnomaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-16, 07:23   Link #2122
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Maybe he hunger woke him up?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-16, 08:14   Link #2123
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by teachopvutru View Post
1) Why is it that whenever I eat right before I sleep, I would always get hungry? Does the digestive system go like full force at rest??
Julie Silver MD has addressed all the facts and the myths about eating before bed . She has indirectly answered your question

Quote:
If you eat and then go to sleep, your body will convert the food you ate into fat rather than using it right away as fuel. Ultimately, you'll gain weight.
Full Article : Don't eat before you go to sleep—good advice or medical myth?
Old 2008-10-16, 08:33   Link #2124
Paladinoras
Pancakes

How come I cannot post attachments?

And how many posts before I become a senior member?

Credit to Godlike1889 for the sig!
Paladinoras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-16, 08:45   Link #2125
NightWish
…Nothing More
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladinoras View Post
How come I cannot post attachments?
You're not a member of the forum staff.
Quote:
None. You've already changed your user title to something completely different, so the concept is meaningless.
NightWish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-16, 08:46   Link #2126
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Moderators can't post attachments?

Quote:
I think you are a senior memeber at 100 posts or something like that.
Old 2008-10-16, 09:06   Link #2127
Kakashi
カカシ

Send a message via MSN to Kakashi
Quote:
1) Why is it that whenever I eat right before I sleep, I would always get hungry? Does the digestive system go like full force at rest?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geta Boshi View Post
Julie Silver MD has addressed all the facts and the myths about eating before bed . She has indirectly answered your question
Alternatively... you could have a special type of parasitic innocence. Watch D. Gray-man for further reading...
Kakashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-16, 19:07   Link #2128
teachopvutru
Urusai~Urusai~Urusai~

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangalowres View Post
I do not understand that question...
are you getting hungry
-> after sleeping
-> after eating
-> before eating
-> before sleeping
-> while you sleep
-> while you eat
?????????????????????????

I do not get it
Yea, I forget to put that I get hungry after I wake up. My situation is that I tend to get hungrier than normal after waking up if I were to eat before I went to sleep, so basically I'm just asking question on what I have observed over a long time now.

Never mind about the question, though. Maybe it's just that I'm more conscious of my hunger status after waking up since my stomach would be full before sleeping, and this isn't limited to just sleeping at night, btw. Even a few hours nap does the same thing (well, I guess it's pretty close to sleep).

"FOUND YOU!" ~Taiga
teachopvutru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-16, 21:28   Link #2129
LiberLibri
(`◉◞౪◟◉´)

Send a message via AIM to LiberLibri
Quote:
2) How come anime use err... Japanese that is considered impolite?
a) Most characters in animes are teens. Young people usually do not care so much for politeness when talking with friends; they even feel it is "cool" to behave vulgarly. I don't know if it corresponds, but young English speakers sometimes prefer irregular wordings (e.g. Black-English in music) too. It is natural to depict youngsters talking in rude ways.

b) Anime characters are often set in dangerous and violent environments. They cannot afford to worry about appropriateness of the speech, and even have to take threatening attitude.
LiberLibri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-17, 03:12   Link #2130
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
Quote:
I have 2 separate and unrelated question:

1) Why is it that whenever I eat right before I sleep, I would always get hungry? Does the digestive system go like full force at rest?

2) How come anime use err... Japanese that is considered impolite?
1. Even though your digestive system is slower while you rest. You are going 6-8 with no food. Then of course lets assume you eat dinner at 8pm and then you eat nothing like a midnight snack and you sleep at 11pm and wake at 7am. Assuming we're going on this scenerio, you pretty much went 3 hours of wake time digesting it, and around 7 hours of mild digesting with sleep. With that 10 hours total of no food. That length of time should be more than enough to get the craving for some food.

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Aoie_Emesai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-17, 03:20   Link #2131
Konpachi
Sinear Mambur

Quote:
Yea, I forget to put that I get hungry after I wake up. My situation is that I tend to get hungrier than normal after waking up if I were to eat before I went to sleep, so basically I'm just asking question on what I have observed over a long time now.
Because you have gone hours without food. It is the same as if you were awake and without food, but u just dont feel in when you sleep, so instead of the hunger slowly creeping in and you only taking notice sometime later, the hunger of x hours just comes straight onto you when u wake up.
Konpachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-17, 06:32   Link #2132
mangalowres
AS Mods Sandbag

Good points @ those two above me but it is more like you where not long enough hungry.
After some while if you are hungry your body reacts to that and you will feel less and less hungry till you have no hunger.
This will change after some time again.

If you eat before you go sleeping your body won't come to that point ... or you have to sleep longer
mangalowres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-17, 08:09   Link #2133
Paladinoras
Pancakes

Whoops, looks like I am already a senior member. Woohoo!!!

Does anyone here know Yui Aragaki?
Paladinoras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-17, 08:12   Link #2134
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Quote:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yui_Aragaki

http://wiki.theppn.org/Aragaki_Yui#Trivia

If you meant personally I think I dont : (

Old 2008-10-17, 08:24   Link #2135
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈÇΈ is the Best !!

Quote:
Whoops, looks like I am already a senior member. Woohoo!!!

She Didn't many Voice Acting ...so she is not popular yet
Old 2008-10-18, 15:09   Link #2136
ZippyDSM
Incoherance is my friend!

Kanji Seals,charms and tags.

Looking for simple kanji seals/tags and charms for protect, seal, danger,ect,ect,ect but primarily sealing.

I have tried looking for them but I don't know the proper name for them thus I can't find sht. LOL
ZippyDSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-18, 16:16   Link #2137
teachopvutru
Urusai~Urusai~Urusai~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aoie_Emesai View Post
1. Even though your digestive system is slower while you rest. You are going 6-8 with no food. Then of course lets assume you eat dinner at 8pm and then you eat nothing like a midnight snack and you sleep at 11pm and wake at 7am. Assuming we're going on this scenerio, you pretty much went 3 hours of wake time digesting it, and around 7 hours of mild digesting with sleep. With that 10 hours total of no food. That length of time should be more than enough to get the craving for some food.
The duration I'm talking about is more like around 5 hours. That time probably is sufficient for digesting all the foods, though. Considering that the body digests food more slowly when sleeping, I suppose it's just a mental state that I feel hungrier than if I was awake for roughly the same amount of time without food (or maybe because I lack water during sleeping, I tend to drink water a lot when awake).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konpachi View Post
Because you have gone hours without food. It is the same as if you were awake and without food, but u just dont feel in when you sleep, so instead of the hunger slowly creeping in and you only taking notice sometime later, the hunger of x hours just comes straight onto you when u wake up.
That's probably it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiberLibri View Post
a) Most characters in animes are teens. Young people usually do not care so much for politeness when talking with friends; they even feel it is "cool" to behave vulgarly. I don't know if it corresponds, but young English speakers sometimes prefer irregular wordings (e.g. Black-English in music) too. It is natural to depict youngsters talking in rude ways.

b) Anime characters are often set in dangerous and violent environments. They cannot afford to worry about appropriateness of the speech, and even have to take threatening attitude.
Oh, so basically even in anime, there are some who speak politely and some who don't. It's just that the ratio of those who do the latter is bigger, relatively speaking.

Anyway, I have gotten a general answers I needed (for both questions). Thank you for replying.

"FOUND YOU!" ~Taiga
teachopvutru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-18, 16:28   Link #2138
ZippyDSM

Is it me or do mos delete alot of threads and send people here? :P

Anyway

I am looking for pictures of kanji tags and seals or charms the lil note pieces with the kanji on it or just the kanji itself in a picture, simple kanji seals/tags and charms for protect, seal, danger,warning and so on. Primarily looking for the sealing charms and tags used for sealing demons and what not but would also like protection, warning and danger ones.

I need pictures as so I can archive them in my example folder trying to learn to draw with Paint shop pro, I am still in the doddle phase but I wan to try and get better.

I have tried looking for them but I don't know the proper name for them thus I can't find anything. LOL

I do not have kanji support installed in windose so it needs to be a picture of some sort..
Old 2008-10-18, 18:18   Link #2139
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZippyDSM View Post
Is it me or do mos delete alot of threads and send people here? :P
To answer your silly question: Your thread/post has been merged with this thread. Unfortunately by chance it happen to be last post of the page. ;p So you missed it: http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...postcount=2140 Mods generally prefer to merge rather then delete and redirect; but indeed merging in this thread I suppose is common as is with the Identification thread in General Anime.

There has been at least one case when a post was taken from here and placed in its own thread.
Old 2008-10-18, 18:26   Link #2140
ZippyDSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cats View Post
To answer your silly question: Your thread/post has been merged with this thread. Unfortunately by chance it happen to be last post of the page. ;p So you missed it: http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...postcount=2140 Mods generally prefer to merge rather then delete and redirect; but indeed merging in this thread I suppose is common as is with the Identification thread in General Anime.

There has been at least one case when a post was taken from here and placed in its own thread.
Well you have alot of fans and a few language gaps(mine my mental gaps but do we need to go there ^_~?) So its not that bad a thing to manage so precisely and fairly.

Would you know of the proper title for them? Protection charms? I mean I have looked and didn't get anywhere ><

Finished up my doodle would like to try and make a bandaged staff with tags on it but I no haz the tags or the kanji to copy.

Tags
problem, q&a, serious