AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2008-07-25, 14:52   Link #521
herbert

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneDragon View Post
You aren't getting what I'm saying. That's her real arm (right?), and it's very, very mangled. That isn't something you can just put off. She should be going for treatment immediately, even if only to get it amputated.

And that reminds me. I also found Toko's "I will give you arm capable of grabbing spirits" line highly amusing. Good foresight, hmm?
Well, I guess it's why she kills her arm so it no longer bleeds like a fresh wound.

Toko has no good foresight or she would make an arm as strong as the second arm which she made after the first artificial arm broke.
Old 2008-07-25, 14:53   Link #522
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Quote:
Originally Posted by herbert View Post
Well, I guess it's why she kills her arm so it no longer bleeds like a fresh wound.
Well, it's still just hanging there. Might wanna do something about that.
Old 2008-07-25, 15:05   Link #523
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
So my guess wasn't wrong...ye ouch...

How honorable of her to sacrifice her "useless" left arm

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-25, 15:14   Link #524
Izayoi
I LOVE FLAN_CHAN
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Izayoi
I wouldn't mind sacrificing my left arm for one that can grab spirits. No seriously.
Old 2008-07-25, 15:19   Link #525
herbert

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneDragon View Post
Well, it's still just hanging there. Might wanna do something about that.
I don't think it's a problem since Fujino is already severely injured and unable to give more of a fight. All Shiki needs to do is to make sure herself won't die from bleeding. It's my two cents.
Old 2008-07-25, 21:11   Link #526
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
So my guess wasn't wrong...ye ouch...

How honorable of her to sacrifice her "useless" left arm

Well it is better to do that than to bleed to death from that wound.
Old 2008-07-26, 00:13   Link #527
Sakome

Any idea when the 4th one comes out? I hope for the remaining ones that they can fit all of the content they can.
Sakome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-26, 05:09   Link #528
cheung

No-one knows yet.

I hope they bring out the light novels in english soon, don't really mind too much about the anime coming to Region 1. Does anyone know where I can get the KnK novels in chinese? I've been searching to no avail :/
cheung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-26, 08:47   Link #529
arkxkra
全力全開

Anyone has the free time to make an avatar animated gif of the episode 3 Shiki smile for me??or any one has the recommended software i can use?

Shiki smile is too sweet.
Old 2008-07-26, 10:53   Link #530
Taiyakikung

Send a message via ICQ to Taiyakikung
I have a doubt.Why can't Fujino notice that her pain didn't come from her wound but her disease instead.Ah.I mean when she took a shower,she should notice that there was no wound on her body.Didn't she really notice?
Old 2008-07-26, 11:16   Link #531
Rika_Chama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiyakikung View Post
I have a doubt.Why can't Fujino notice that her pain didn't come from her wound but her disease instead.Ah.I mean when she took a shower,she should notice that there was no wound on her body.Didn't she really notice?
she thought it healed
Rika_Chama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-26, 11:36   Link #532
Taiyakikung

Send a message via ICQ to Taiyakikung
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rika_Chama View Post
she thought it healed
But it's a common sense that the wound from a knife can't be healed completely within 1-2 days.
Old 2008-07-26, 11:52   Link #533
Archer

Quote:
But it's a common sense that the wound from a knife can't be healed completely within 1-2 days.
It doesn't really matter if she did or didn't notice. The knife wound just pushed her past her breaking point, so she'll be hunting Keita down regardless of that issue.
Archer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-26, 11:53   Link #534
Rika_Chama

Quote:
because she knew she wasnt normal
so she thought the wound healed
well thats what i think
maybe cause i read the light novel first
Rika_Chama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-26, 12:10   Link #535
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Well it is better to do that than to bleed to death from that wound.
What I mean is that she shouldn't have allowed her arm to be destroyed in the first place

I suppose she could have dodged that attack but decided to take it head on so she could land a surprise attack on Fujino.
Quote:
Originally Posted by arkxkra View Post
Anyone has the free time to make an avatar animated gif of the episode 3 Shiki smile for me??or any one has the recommended software i can use?

Shiki smile is too sweet.
If you provide a time frame, I could make it for you.
Quote:
Psycho moe.

Being psycho, she won't be thinking straight, right?

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-26, 14:04   Link #536
Cat Megex
Seitenkan no Greeter

Send a message via AIM to Cat Megex Send a message via Yahoo to Cat Megex
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheung View Post
I hope they bring out the light novels in english soon, don't really mind too much about the anime coming to Region 1.
There's a possibility of Del-Ray localizing the light novels; apparently, the first chapter was included at the end of a recent release by them.
Cat Megex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-26, 14:45   Link #537
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Watched the third movie, and all i can say is wow. So this is how Shiki lost her real arm, explaining what we saw in the first movie. I can understand why some people might have a bone to pick with the mangled chronology of the storytelling, but personally i have no issues with it. And if nothing else, i believe we can agree that this movie is one of the most visually appealing pieces out there.

The overall cinematography is excellent and contributes to the mood nicely, and some scenes are especially droolworthy eye candy. The general animation of the rain is overkill, but my jaw almost truly dropped ate the quality display that was the water animation on the car's windows and windshield. The music continues to be impressive as well (whom do i kill to get my hands on the ED single) , paying a nice contribution to the overall experience of this ... masterpiece is a high word to use, but i would be willing to do so. Kara no Kyoukai is certainly different compared to most works out there, and i am enjoying it immensely.

Now i have to go rock back & forth in a corner, preparing for the prolonged wait until the next episode, which seems to continue where second movie left off.

On a side note, here is a freebie
Old 2008-07-26, 14:53   Link #538
Slick_rick

Quote:
Fujino has been pain insensitive since she was just a child. If you cut yourself but felt no pain you would give no thought to how long it takes to heal nor would you be able to understand what it feels like after it heals. Take Fujino lines in the novel:

"A long time ago, mother said that wounds will not hurt once they heal. But that is a lie. The wound made by that knife is still hurting me even after the wound has healed."

You also have to keep in mind that Fujino enjoyed the pain. The pain made her feel alive.

"... But mother, I like this pain. For me who has never felt that I was alive, there is nothing else that makes me feel more alive than this sensation. This remaining sense of pain is not an illusion."

I liked the third book better than second but I think the second movie is much better than the third movie even though I still liked the it. The third movie left out to many of Fujino dark moments and thoughts. You never really get a sense of how much Fujino enjoys murder in the movie nor do you get much insight into why she does enjoy it.

How she counted all the rapists bodies and was surprised that one escaped but realized that no one would accept his story nor would he able to admit to the authorities of being a rapist. But still wanted revenge and felt fortunate because it allowed her to continue killing. How she lured the Man she killed, just before meeting Shiki the second time, knowing that he would have no idea where the rapist was hiding and knowing that she'd just end up having to kill him.

Fujino kills because while she's killing she can sympathize with her victims pain and in that way she feels alive. I think the movie was good but glossed over a few of the darker themes/moments of the book which I think took away a bit from it. But the animation was quite nice.
Slick_rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-26, 15:55   Link #539
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

All of that is pretty interesting, Slick_rick

I never read the KnK novels but I still felt there was something missing in that movie, and reading your post, I understand what it is. It's a shame they cut out Fujino's inner thoughts.

I'm still in the dark about some things: Did Fujino ever try to do anything about those rapists before? We never saw her fighting back in the flashbacks, but even if she has no sense of pain at all, she still has feelings (for example, love for Kokuto) and they made some terrible things to her. It just seemed she let them do as they wish every time and could care less about what they did to her, no matter how humiliating it was.

And what happened exactly when she got hit with a baseball bat? It seems her sense of pain returned temporarily, but not long enough for her to gain her powers back?
Kanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-26, 17:21   Link #540
Slick_rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon_ View Post
All of that is pretty interesting, Slick_rick

I never read the KnK novels but I still felt there was something missing in that movie, and reading your post, I understand what it is. It's a shame they cut out Fujino's inner thoughts.

I'm still in the dark about some things: Did Fujino ever try to do anything about those rapists before? We never saw her fighting back in the flashbacks, but even if she has no sense of pain at all, she still has feelings (for example, love for Kokuto) and they made some terrible things to her. It just seemed she let them do as they wish every time and could care less about what they did to her, no matter how humiliating it was.

And what happened exactly when she got hit with a baseball bat? It seems her sense of pain returned temporarily, but not long enough for her to gain her powers back?
Her pain insensitivity extended even to her emotions. She knew what they did was wrong but was unable to express it. When her ankle was sprained she knew that it should hurt but didn't tell any of her friends. It is a foreign concept to her to express these things. She always tried to put up a facade of being normal so people didn't find out that she was different. That why the lines "If it hurts you should say something" comes into play. It wasn't a concept she could grasp until the very end of the movie. Doesn't mean what the rapists did didn't leave emotional scars as when she got back her feelings she was unforgiving to them. She felt no pity for them.

Her feelings only came back temporarily after getting hit by the bat. She was only momentarily shocked by the pain as something foreign to her. How she got back her feelings fully... should be told later.
Slick_rick is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, harem, type moon