AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Old 2011-05-17, 22:37   Link #4021
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekureiru View Post
final chapter
Stop that.

I have been saying this for four years, but there's no indication that these are the final books of the series. They'd be marketing them as such if they were.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-17, 22:40   Link #4022
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekureiru View Post
Eep~! Nice to see that the final chapter is ALMOST around the corner.

Just managed to pick up the most-recent English-translated hardcover not long ago.

(I've had them in .pdf in English for some time)
There is no confirmation that these are the last novels. Likely by the end of the weekend we shall have the first spoilers to enable us to know that these are not the last of the series. Like Kaisos said, it'd be over everywhere if these were the last ones.

Also I'm curious since we're close to the release date and shipments should be going out. Was the book you picked up Disappearance or Rampage as the latter is being shipped to retailers now.

Edit: Not worth a double-post, so here's the official cover for volume 14 of the manga. It'll be released one day after Surprise's LE set (May 26th, 2011):

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT

Last edited by ultimatemegax; 2011-05-18 at 07:47.
ultimatemegax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-18, 07:55   Link #4023
s07195
However,

I regret not pre-ordering Astonishment just for the Rainy Day sidestory, even if I can't read Japanese well yet...
Is it too late?
Old 2011-05-18, 08:23   Link #4024
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Quote:
Originally Posted by s07195 View Post
I regret not pre-ordering Astonishment just for the Rainy Day sidestory, even if I can't read Japanese well yet...
Is it too late?
No, it's still available from Amazon Japan, CD Japan, HMV, bk1, and likely a Kinokuniya if there is one nearby. All of those places will ship internationally from Japan.

Old 2011-05-18, 13:09   Link #4025
Tensei
Epitome of Divinity

Keep in mind though that if you order from AmazonJP to the USA, it will be almost $60 total, the shipping alone is about $39. I don't know how much it costs to other countries though.
Tensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-18, 18:25   Link #4026
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Kadokawa is really pushing the marketing on the next novels! First was the trailer through Akiba for 8 days combined with an ad in the Yomuri morning newspaper and an ad at the Akiba Japan Rail station and pamphlets being handed out on 1/29. Next was a CM followed by bookstore ads (even a promotional video). Then advertisements on race cars and news reports of the record-breaking first pressing came out. Now, through this month and the beginning of next month, most (if not all) of the Kadokawa Group Publishing periodicals will have a feature about Haruhi in it. Here's the list:
  1. Newtype June Edition- Haruhi Racing feature
  2. Comptiqs June Edition - Attached Haruhi tumbler inserts (Haruhi/Mikuru/Nagato and one of Volume 11's cover girl) and Nagato pinup drawn by Lucky Star's Kagami Yoshimizu
  3. Asuka July Edition - Haruhi cover with a special report and reader present
  4. Shounen Ace July Edition[/i] - Special The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya comics and library alternative cover
  5. Comp Ace July Edition- Special Haruhi Tribute with illustrations drawn by R-15's Takuya Fujima, Sola and ef's Naru Nanao, and Shuffle's Hiro Suzuhira
  6. KeroKero Ace July Edition- A collaboration feature with Haruhi and Animal's Thicket
  7. Gundum Ace July Edition- Special Haruhi cover
  8. Only Traveler June Edition- Special Haruhi cover and a mini feature
  9. Nyantype July Edition- Special booklet about the whole Haruhi Suzumiya series.
  10. CIEL July Edition- Special Kyon and Koizumi cover with a Haruhi chapstick included
  11. Young Ace July Edition- Special reversible The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya shitajiki
  12. Wildness Age June 12th Edition- Special Nagaru Tanigawa signed book
  13. [i]Weekly The Television/i] 21st Edition- Special original Haruhi QUO card drawn by Noizi Itou
  14. Hoikaido Walker June Edition- Special Haruhi bookmarks (3) and wise sayings postcards (4)
  15. Tokyo Walker June Edition- Special Haruhi bookmarks (3) and wise sayings postcards (4)
  16. Yokohama Walker June Edition- Special Haruhi bookmarks (3) and wise sayings postcards (4)
  17. Tokai Walker June Edition- Special Haruhi bookmarks (3) and wise sayings postcards (4)
  18. Kansai Walker June Edition- Special Haruhi bookmarks (3), wise sayings postcards (4) and a special "Find the SOS Brigade" contest
  19. Fukuoka Walker June Edition- Special Haruhi bookmarks (3) and wise sayings postcards (4)
  20. Weekly ASCII June 7th Edition- Special Haruhi and AKB48's Mayuyu cover
  21. Dengeki Hobby Magazine July Edition- Special Haruhi cover
  22. Weekly Famitsu June 2nd Edition- Special Haruhi cover and postcard
  23. Dragon Magazine July Edition- Special Haruhi feature
  24. Historical Period Literature July Edition- Special Haruhi cover

Old 2011-05-18, 22:23   Link #4027
Tensei
Epitome of Divinity

wow, just wow. They're gonna be making a lot of money this month from people just wanting the special items.
Tensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-19, 02:25   Link #4028
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

that is one hell advertisement

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-19, 14:11   Link #4029
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

And on the other side of the planet Little, Brown Inc. (via Hachette Book Group) have shipped their copies of The Rampage of Haruhi Suzumiya to retailers and Amazon is sending their copies out now. Keep in contact with your preferred retailer to see when they'll be sending theirs out.

Old 2011-05-19, 16:15   Link #4030
Ashaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by s07195 View Post
Is it too late?
Eh, sorry if this is a stupid question, but I haven't been keeping up with news at all.

Is this a novel version of the Rainy Day episode at the end of the first anime season, or something else entirely?
Old 2011-05-19, 16:17   Link #4031
Zakoo

I read volume 10 today ... wow, has there been a change of drawer between volume 9 and 10? Even Nagato wasn't as cute as before, what happeneeeeeeed?
Zakoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-19, 16:31   Link #4032
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashaman View Post
Eh, sorry if this is a stupid question, but I haven't been keeping up with news at all.

Is this a novel version of the Rainy Day episode at the end of the first anime season, or something else entirely?
The short story bundled with the Limited Edition set of The Surprise of Haruhi Suzumiya (First) (Latter) (volumes 10 and 11) is entitled Rainy Day and will be released next week.

The episode released in 2006 was entitled Someday in the Rain and was originally an anime-only story before being printed in the August 2006 edition of The Sneaker. It, along with the two Haruhi Theatre Acts have not been compiled into a novel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakoo View Post
I read volume 10 today ... wow, has there been a change of drawer between volume 9 and 10? Even Nagato wasn't as cute as before, what happeneeeeeeed?
Gaku Tsugano is the only mangaka to draw this version of the manga.

Old 2011-05-19, 16:34   Link #4033
Ashaman

Thanks for the quick response.
Old 2011-05-19, 17:00   Link #4034
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

by the way is any one in here buying the novel? if you can PM me about spoiler when you finished the novel

Old 2011-05-19, 18:32   Link #4035
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatemegax View Post
The short story bundled with the Limited Edition set of The Surprise of Haruhi Suzumiya (First) (Latter) (volumes 10 and 11) is entitled Rainy Day and will be released next week.

The episode released in 2006 was entitled Someday in the Rain and was originally an anime-only story before being printed in the August 2006 edition of The Sneaker.
Ah, that's news to me. So Someday in the Rain is now officially novel-canon then? (I always believed it was canon, it's just that this is the first time the author put the story to print.)
Old 2011-05-19, 18:40   Link #4036
AbZeroNow
North American Haruhiist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatemegax View Post

The episode released in 2006 was entitled Someday in the Rain and was originally an anime-only story before being printed in the August 2006 edition of The Sneaker. It,[Someday in The Rain] along with the two Haruhi Theatre Acts have not been compiled into a novel.
Added emphasis and brackets to make point clearer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Ah, that's news to me. So Someday in the Rain is now officially novel-canon then? (I always believed it was canon, it's just that this is the first time the author put the story to print.)
No, Rainy Day is a new short story. It features Kyon and Volume 11 cover girl.
AbZeroNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-19, 18:43   Link #4037
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbZeroNow View Post
No, Rainy Day is a new short story. It features Kyon and Volume 11 cover girl.
I know that. I was referring to the detail that Someday in the Rain was published in story form in the Sneaker.
Old 2011-05-19, 22:03   Link #4038
Gamer_2k4
Anime Cynic

Hmm, that's odd. AFAIK, Someday in the Rain was rather unique in that it had scenes where Kyon wasn't explicitly present, and therefore would've been strange in a first-person perspective story. I figured that was reason enough for it to remain anime-only, but I guess I was wrong.
Old 2011-05-20, 11:51   Link #4039
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
I know that. I was referring to the detail that Someday in the Rain was published in story form in the Sneaker.
well isnt that basically another usual SOS day. there is nothing major in the story anyway.

so i consider it as cannon.

by the way haruhi is making The Adventures of Mikuru Asahina 2 right?

Old 2011-05-21, 12:21   Link #4040
kimpleng
Lurker

Looks like some body get the items early.
Spoiler for :

Found at imageboard.
kimpleng is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
shounen, sneaker bunko, seinen, light novels, manga