AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-09-20, 17:57   Link #401
Uribatake

I was surprised by the episode 13 preview after the ending credits. Is it airing next week or will it be a BD/DVD exclusive?

Edit: no need to answer my question, I just checked Syoboi Calendar and episode 13 will air next Thursday.
Uribatake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-22, 08:07   Link #402
Maverick Entity
Simple Observer

Episode 13 also looks to be set in the winter, maybe a holiday scenario? Note the fur collar on Yura in preview.

As for this latest episode:
  • Dem dodge skills make neo look like a bullet sponge.
  • Grenade overkill, like a holy hand grenade really.
  • Rento is still the best, none shall surpass her in camaraderie
  • Lulz at "are you cheating on him?" I can say that is a daily occurrence for most airsofters "looks at SVD next to him whilst tabbed out on an airsoft shop"
  • Now that is how you raise an army!

I feel for those disappointed, but as an airsofter, seeing the gang have fun together overshadows the development sinking like a concrete brick in a pond.

Sigh, makes me regret not going to an event yesterday, but other matters took over.
Old 2013-09-22, 13:49   Link #403
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Yura and Sonora have godly dodging skills. Was fun to watch, though, I'll give them that.

And yes, Rento is probably the best of the girls.

I'm still unsure whether or not Yura's development was necessary, but we've come full circle now and she finally seemed to have found inner peace, so I guess it doesn't really matter anymore.

I like how Yura used her reality-bending powers again. It doesn't really make much sense, but the pay-off was worth it.
Old 2013-09-22, 21:43   Link #404
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

I just see épisode 12

I liked alot the last battle between Yura and Sono-chan,

I was afraid I thought it was the last episode so I can not tell you my relief at seeing the preview of the next episode

maybe the very last :'( ....
Old 2013-09-26, 08:30   Link #405
MasterVampire

So when is episode 13?
MasterVampire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-26, 16:34   Link #406
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Spoiler for Episode 13 (End):
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-26, 17:19   Link #407
Ken Sanders
The Wanderer

And so, another great series of anime about Airsoft has ended.

Thanks for the goods, C3bu Girls. Gun and Blaze!
Ken Sanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-27, 02:04   Link #408
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

I really felt like watching an OVA, but the opening and closing theme songs didn't change a bit, even for the finale. Oh well, the first 12 episodes were a great ride, anyway.

8/10 for the "happy and sweet" C3-Bu.
9/10 for "C3-Bu: the Line"/
7/10 for the Field Queen Contest.

Overall 8/10.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-27, 08:43   Link #409
novalysis

It's really a shame that BD sales for this show completely bombed. After Medaka Box horrendous sales, to think that Stella C3 Bu flopped, despite being in the potentially popular Military Moe genre bodes badly for Gainax. It seems to be in very deep trouble.

That said, there were things a little lacking here, I think. For one, tactics weren't as well delved into as Garu-pan. Also, Yura's character development arc probably put quite alot of people off, although, in this case, my opinion is that Yura's mentors failed her by failing to be frank with Yura, until it was too late.

Last edited by novalysis; 2013-09-27 at 11:58.
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-27, 09:10   Link #410
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

ep.13

so the c3-bu run low on ammo go enter field queen contest give sono won last year so she doing commentary table this year with rest enter the contest.

give there also seto leader, kari's twin & even rin in the contest due to her team sign her name on it for field queen contest.

after having outfit showing from yura's PE outfit, shorty's bush outfit, & even rin in a school girl outfit cue now 1 vs 1 tournament matches.

give whole 5 c3-bu team win open round with shorty beat seto in magical girl outfit with twin & rin advance.

round 2 kari beat yura, rin beat shorty, twin beat rento & honoka for final 4 matches.

then kari vs twin bro went fan vot give "oops" kari win & yet honoka did psyche rin to give fear if win the contest to stun rin.

make finals kari vs honoka then went to the limit to fan vote which honoka said "good outfit with glasses got to go" for the win.

overall watching give it fine sorts sure of reasons.
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-27, 10:29   Link #411
Gravitas Free Zone

Quote:
Originally Posted by novalysis View Post
It's really a shame that BD sales for this show completely bombed. After Medaka Box horrendous sales, to think that Stella C3 Bu flopped, despite being in the potentially popular Military Moe genre....

That said, there were things a little lacking here, I think. For one, tactics weren't as well delved into as Garu-pan. Also, Yura's character development arc probably put quite alot of people off, although, in this case, my opinion is that Yura's mentors failed her by failing to be frank with Yura, until it was too late.
GuP had a pretty standard plot and relatively uncomplicated character arcs, but presented it well as a whole and with regard to details such as the music and background.

C3 had an even simpler plot (basically character development for Yura), but I was distracted by the reality marble elements primarily, and I agree with you that they didn't open up the sport as much as they could have. The mystical elements and coin-splitting weren't really things that tied into the overall airsoft game, which itself often dissolved into "Karila flies through the air like Neo" when they could have shown more details of where people were and what they were doing (which probably was most obvious in the first three episodes, before they went mystical). Also, while Rento seemed to care about Yura, almost everyone else wasn't really that involved. While Sonora might have been laid up after the shooting, she also seemed to care less about Yura when Yura was on her downward spiral.
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-27, 10:37   Link #412
Maverick Entity
Simple Observer

The finale, whilst being a bit out of place chronologically, was a good way to finish I believe. Despite the fan service escapades, it attempted to drive at the heart of what I attracted me to this series instantly: the passion of the characters for airsoft. The speech by Honoka about career futures to Karila and Yachiyo had me in stitches because of how familiar it is to a lot of airsofters who just want to experience the joy of the hobby everyday if possible.

TM really wanted to get that last product placement in though, lol. I believe the main gun on the flyer for the contest prizes was their recently displayed BOYS Tavor model. Really though, who would want to win a line of BOYS guns?

Was anyone expecting a match between Yura and Rin? I sort of was, what with the comments made by Sonora for both of them. We never truly got that true final duel between them.

With a heavy heart we bid goodbye to this series. I hope it doesn't fade away completely, and that it has done some good for the airsoft community, whether it be giving that little boost to someone on the fence to try it or keeping someone enthusiastic when they haven't been on a field in a long time. While it wasn't as realistic or informative as most of us would have liked, I still find it something every airsofter should watch, even if just to chuckle at its relativity. Still a shame that I cannot get the full story in its manga medium. Irregardless, it shall live on in my memories.

If anything is sad about the way this contest went though, is that it is still better than what most airsoft photo contests wind down to.
Old 2013-09-28, 21:06   Link #413
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Yura Shy then she have god powers then she turns to the dark side the kick out then good just seem a long way to go just for airsoft but at less there was Honoka with her leaf bikini and sexy outfit

5/10 this just seem dumb to me going all that way just for airsoft
Old 2013-09-29, 18:31   Link #414
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

ep 13

Rin sooooooooo cute

Honoka sooooooooooo sexy

episode 12 for me was really the "last episode"

10/10

Last edited by Chiaki_chan; 2013-09-29 at 18:57.
Chiaki_chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-11, 00:52   Link #415
chaos_animagic

LOL... finally got around to finish watching this series... after 2 years...

was wondering why I place it all the way down in my "watch later list"... turns out after rewatching episode 1 and continue where I left off at ep 7...

I realized I stopped watching back then cause of Short hair Yura... lol... shouldn't have watched episode 1... Yura looked so nice with long hair T_T

Anyways, marathon watched this series to the end.

The series isn't that bad overall, tho there's the usual weird plots and stuff, being the series is originally made for comedy, so when it goes serious, it gets all weird. (after episode 5 or 6)

I can kinda see why they had a low sales and there's never a second season.

This series's main highlight is to be a light survival daily life club.
Would have been better if they kept Yura with long hair and add in more comedy.
But instead they made it dark and heavy... too hard to watch the show.

Last edited by chaos_animagic; 2015-02-11 at 02:29.
chaos_animagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-15, 19:46   Link #416
Akito Kinomoto
Sekiroad-Idols Sing Twice

Send a message via AIM to Akito Kinomoto
This was a surprisingly fun anime. And I thought it was gonna suck. Well it wouldn't be the first time I found something underrated (hello Gargantia).
Spoiler for length:
GANBARIMASU
Akito Kinomoto is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
airsoft, shojo-ai, sports