AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-05-02, 02:16   Link #421
juss
KANAME SENPAIIIIII!!!

I thought that the Skrugg were going to be done and dusted with in 2 or 3 episodes but the storyline has been building quite effectively to its climax I think. I like it.

I also like the comment above about how this show is breaking the mould a little bit by having Heroman grow in power with Joey's confidence. There are nice little touches like that in the show.

...yeah, and the guitar thing was pretty cool, c'mon
juss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-02, 03:16   Link #422
Jarmel

Well there goes my hope that they would be done with this arc by episode 8. I think at this point, my expectations are back to thinking the show is going to be overall trash.
Jarmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-02, 07:21   Link #423
Ashaman

I really like the way that they are building the Skrugg up. At first I thought that it would be episodic;

They attack, Heroman come and saves the day. Rinse and repeat.

But they aren't Doing too well. I mean, since the balls, they've been on the back foot, and it doesn't like the tide will turn anytime soon. Its cool.
Ashaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-02, 10:35   Link #424
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Setsuna Asuka View Post
But then you'd lose the femenine edge to Joey's voice.
That feminine edge doesn't go over too well in English dubs. People usually say that an English speaking 16 yo male needs to sound like a 16 yo male unless you happen to be Luffy.
Old 2010-05-02, 18:08   Link #425
Jarmel

I forgot to mention that I love how the Professor pulled the knowledge of how the Skrugg communicate from nowhere, absolutely nowhere.
Jarmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-03, 05:02   Link #426
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarmel View Post
I forgot to mention that I love how the Professor pulled the knowledge of how the Skrugg communicate from nowhere, absolutely nowhere.
Tie that to if that invasion declaration was a public service anouncement (at the end of ep 2, or 3), then everyone should know by then that the Skrugg can talk vocally.

I don't recall though, when Denton first went up against the Skrugg (the ep when everyone sees Heroman for the first time), weren't the Skrugg talking in, human language that time as well?
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-03, 09:55   Link #427
Voitan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarmel View Post
The Professor works on hollywood logic, just like his invention.

It's kinda in-genre.
Voitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-04, 14:54   Link #428
DmonHiro

Send a message via Yahoo to DmonHiro
Quote:
Originally Posted by juss View Post
I also like the comment above about how this show is breaking the mould a little bit by having Heroman grow in power with Joey's confidence. There are nice little touches like that in the show.

No offense, but power growing with confidence has been done to death & rebirth.
DmonHiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-04, 19:21   Link #429
Qikz

I'm in love with this series, I just love the saturday morning cartoon vibe I get from it. You can definately see where Stan Lee came up with the idea.
Qikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-05, 04:48   Link #430
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarkboy View Post
It's common sense. No anime series is ever 14 episodes. (well, unless you count 13 + OVA)
I'll see that claim with this card

*unveils Haruhi*

But yeah this is obviously not 14 episodes.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-05, 09:51   Link #431
NinjaYali
Banned

I've made a drinking game, I dare you to join me if you are man enough (easy mode- non-alcoholic beverage. Preferably coffee. Medium Mode- Make that just a shot of coffee, no milk)

1 shot for American flag
A bottle for Stan Lee
1 shot for Heroman cool pose with glowing red circle
Sip everytime Joey yells 'HEROMAN' in his effeminate voice.
Half a bottle when the American military fails with it's big guns
(Another shot, if you're a military buff and realise they did not do the research- B-2)
Skulk for every other cliche you notice.
NinjaYali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-05, 19:30   Link #432
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
I think a single shot per American flag would give me cirrhosis after the whole series is over.

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
WanderingKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-06, 05:27   Link #433
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Spoiler for Episode 06:
Old 2010-05-06, 05:51   Link #434
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

The thing about Heroman is that it's like watching a beat'em up game or an action adventure game animated. The structure of slow and minimalistic story progressions during cool-down moments before and after each game 'stage' begins, then we go on to watch Heroman and co. walking through abandoned streets, beating down thugs and then struggling against the stage boss before some more story development.

Personally, I don't mind so much this slow storytelling, but it does indeed sparse things out too much at times that the excitement is almost purposely diluted.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-06, 05:59   Link #435
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
The thing about Heroman is that it's like watching a beat'em up game or an action adventure game animated. The structure of slow and minimalistic story progressions during cool-down moments before and after each game 'stage' begins, then we go on to watch Heroman and co. walking through abandoned streets, beating down thugs and then struggling against the stage boss before some more story development.

Personally, I don't mind so much this slow storytelling, but it does indeed sparse things out too much at times that the excitement is almost purposely diluted.
So that's where I've seen this series before, Final Fight/Streets of Rage!

Haggarman is walking down the street punching and kicking the occasional Skrugg that crosses paths with him, even when Haggarman uses his Special, he loses some HP.

Great
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-06, 06:08   Link #436
Hypernova

Location: Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Sol, Earth, Taiwan
Looks like we are going to have an actual mad scientist on our hands.
Hypernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-07, 00:33   Link #437
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
There's the American government for you. Who cares if one is about to go crashing through Canada, at least its not our problem anymore . Although to be fair I doubt the other governments care about the White House getting destroyed either.

What a bunch of rude aliens though. But really they release some giant balls just to crush specific capital buildings in a handful of countries. At that speed evacuation of the politicians is simple and with the White House its not like it hasn't been destroyed before. Guess when the invasion has been so one-sided there isn't a big deal about wasting time and resources.

Curious what the scientist at the end has in mind. Might as well try other options since there is no guarantee a nuke will stop those things.
Old 2010-05-07, 02:03   Link #438
Zippicus

This is a fairly decent show IMHO. They do a decent job of blending American and Japanese genres together. Not that it's really a complaint but the only issue is that it's portrayal of things is too Japanese (which is ultimately the target audience so it's not really an issue).
Zippicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-08, 01:28   Link #439
klare

in eps 5, i find Joey's voice too high and annoying

is nuke always the last solution?
klare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-08, 07:50   Link #440
NinjaYali
Banned

The post in which this thread becomes extraterrestrial homoerotic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
There's the American government for you. Who cares if one is about to go crashing through Canada, at least its not our problem anymore . Although to be fair I doubt the other governments care about the White House getting destroyed either.

What a bunch of rude aliens though. But really they release some giant balls just to crush specific capital buildings in a handful of countries. At that speed evacuation of the politicians is simple and with the White House its not like it hasn't been destroyed before. Guess when the invasion has been so one-sided there isn't a big deal about wasting time and resources.

Curious what the scientist at the end has in mind. Might as well try other options since there is no guarantee a nuke will stop those things.
Yeah, real awesome planning. Rolling a ball in a straight line for days unending giving the brass at Washington time to evacuate and miss other important cities and allowing 1 scientist and 3 kids to infiltrate your base and stop you from controlling balls. Speaking of which, surprised no-one at Special Operations has thought of it yet.

By the looks of the balls, they are going to graze Osaka and part of Manchuria. B They may get Dublin but miss London and Beijing (Yeahhhhh!!). Over at Oceania, I'm glad Australia is getting some destruction. Australia tends to get very little in apocalyptic doom and better yet Sydney looks to be safe but Brisbane gets alien turkey-slapped instead. Booyah!! Cane Toads!!

If it continues on a straight line, the Nordics are sadly going to have a hefty sum to pay up. But that's all since it will soon go on into the Arctic circle.

Of note, Cuba is in the path of destruction. Sayonara, Castro and friends. We won't forget the day you were squashed by alien balls. It's been an honour.

We shall also be having a day of memorial for Philadelphia, New York and Boston, Ass Sac Smut thanks to these alien scum.

But of course this is just a scenario simulation on the belief that the 6 alien balls (quit compensating, cockroaches) will continue on a straight path and not turn into say Shanghai, Paris, Moscow.

Quote:
I think a single shot per American flag would give me cirrhosis after the whole series is over.
You can always drink coffee instead.

Quote:
is nuke always the last solution?
This show is nonsensical so yes.

Quote:
Not that it's really a complaint but the only issue is that it's portrayal of things is too Japanese (which is ultimately the target audience so it's not really an issue).
I think the Japanese will be left with incredible research fail after this.

I don't think B-2s were designed to be low-flying bombers.
NinjaYali is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bones, mecha