AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-10-01, 07:02   Link #2061
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker

Dog days Season 2 is finally up and done.................story wise it lacks some story but for me watching it clear of all that criticism shit and all and just watch it like a kid watching retro anime is good enough
Dog Days you made me relive my childhood and for that you definitely must do a season 3
technomo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-01, 07:16   Link #2062
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Criticism? I've pretty sure those who still follow this show knows exactly what they're getting themselves into
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-01, 07:56   Link #2063
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Fire View Post

So yeah, I welcome more Dog Days antics, though it'll remain to be seen if Japan agrees.
Given all the sequel hooks like Nanami's promised hero crystal, relationship shenanigans, and Cinque mentioning a return in fall/autumn, and considering how relatively popular DD as a series is in Japan, I think a third season is very likely.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-01, 08:22   Link #2064
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Hell, it would be stupid for the studio not to make third season, seasonal rot be damned.
Old 2012-10-01, 08:22   Link #2065
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Wanderer View Post
You realize Tsuzuki's version of "friends" includes sleeping together in minimal clothing, being blatantly love-love in front of everyone, and adopting children together? In this case, everyone being "friends" is the harem ending. Which works best for me, since it doesn't leave anyone out.
So much truth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teja208 View Post
I still find it difficult to believe they really did run a whole season without any serious stuffs happening. I admire their courage though since I've never seen any attempt like this outside of 4-koma SoL series.
ARIA did it very well. Dog Days just managed to find another way of doing it. And we're left grinning like idiots all the way.

I'd say this was MISSION ACCOMPLISHED. Even its just for the Beckshin alone.
Old 2012-10-01, 13:16   Link #2066
arkxkra
全力全開

love the episode, quite a good wrap up for the season. will miss Millhiore and Cou-sama a lot.

overall season was not bad, very fun to watch the series. Never get bore for this kind of story and genre + so many lovely, kawaii, moe character

most likely got season 3, many hint given from the episode and after the credit it use 'see you soon', so looking forward to season 3 ^^, and it's good to rest awhile only start another season
Old 2012-10-02, 00:15   Link #2067
justsomeguy

Huh, can't really decide what to think of this show. If I think about it, I can't really say that there is no plot, since the character introductions, the rabbit bandits, and Union Fest are all plot. I really think that those elements could have all been integrated together to form a single, simple, yet much stronger storyline rather than the loose episodic structure we got. And god forbid, skipping over much of Union Fest was a terrible decision that reduced the action (and especially cut out more opportunities for Nanami to be awesome. She's supposed to be better than Cinque, but he and Becky got more focus. Heck, her duels against Cinque during Union Fest got reduced to contextless flashbacks!). Reducing the amount of slice of life and the constant gushing of the humans over how cute the furries are would have been preferable.

I also would have preferred better character development. Many of the old characters get too little focus, with Eclair being the only exception. And yet the new people themselves are not developed well either, despite the attention they got. Nanami is basically a female clone of Cinque. Becky is halfway between them and Millhi (and has the creepiest henshin ever). Isuka is a swordsmith, but is otherwise too similar to Hina. Adele and Valerio get introduced, but don't contribute much (because there's no storyline to contribute to). Couvert, we're told that she's learning to be a better leader for Pastillage, but we don't see much of that (given that Flonyard is a happy peaceful land, we don't see her struggling much at all. She's not much behind Millhi or Leo.) Pastillage being the newly introduced nation needed more focus in general. There's now also too many characters. We're getting close to Strikers syndrome. If the director and writers really have an amazing third season planned, they better have two cours ready.

6/10. Had the potential to be great, but the writers' total lack of ambition and effort to make this any more than a filler season impacted the quality. Integrating the plot elements into even a simplistic storyline would naturally have also helped the character development and interactions.

Currently playing: LoH Trails in the Sky SC
justsomeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-02, 07:31   Link #2068
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

lol, Even if they have two cours planned for a 3rd season you'll still get the same ratio of fluff-service to character development. I mean, why would they rack their brains and risk rocking this boat by including a serious plot that the fans may or may not like?

Anyway the numbers are out already and the first volume sold a total of around 9000 copies of both BD and dvd, further solidifying the belief that any serious business is an unnecessary risk in their plan.
Old 2012-10-02, 08:02   Link #2069
Insane
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Anyway the numbers are out already and the first volume sold a total of around 9000 copies of both BD and dvd, further solidifying the belief that any serious business is an unnecessary risk in their plan.
Moe = guaranteed victory
Insane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-02, 08:05   Link #2070
sudolicious
Otoshi-gami in training

Quote:
I mean, why would they rack their brains and risk rocking this boat by including a serious plot that the fans may or may not like?
That's what I liked about s2, it was way less serious and instead more character driven than s1. Hope they'll continue it like this for a possible s3, which seems pretty likely to me, because this definitely became one of my favourite shows this/last season.
Old 2012-10-02, 08:11   Link #2071
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudolicious View Post
That's what I liked about s2, it was way less serious and instead more character driven than s1. Hope they'll continue it like this for a possible s3, which seems pretty likely to me, because this definitely became one of my favourite shows this/last season.
No need. All they need to do is to create new attack shoutouts, i.e for Yukikaze, we have the Caltrop Torpedo Bombing Run.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-02, 08:21   Link #2072
halibonga

to be honest i actually liked the bittersweet ending of season 1 better, but s2's ending was nice as well
halibonga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-02, 09:35   Link #2073
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

To tell you the truth, I really wish things weren't like that- There's alot that they could have done even with the bloodless war setting, but it soon became obvious exactly what kind of show they wanted to make so I threw out all expectations and illusions.
Old 2012-10-02, 11:01   Link #2074
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

With them having established more of the world in S2, S3 should be able to cram in more character development... like curiously complicated adult relationships.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-02, 17:09   Link #2075
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

And Cinque is further shafted in his own anime.
Old 2012-10-02, 17:58   Link #2076
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
And Cinque is further shafted in his own anime.
I seriously hope you aren't pandering to the fujoshis with that statement. No Noir, Cinque will not be shafted by Gaul! Get your mind out of the gutter!

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-02, 18:51   Link #2077
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

...Really? You made an innuendo out of that?
Old 2012-10-02, 18:59   Link #2078
Random Wanderer

Quote:
Innuendo has been made out of that phrase many times in the past, so it's not much of a leap for some folks.
Random Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-03, 01:10   Link #2079
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
I seriously hope you aren't pandering to the fujoshis with that statement. No Noir, Cinque will not be shafted by Gaul! Get your mind out of the gutter!
If it even worked, we'd have Sume-tan on fire right now.

Quote:
I was actually poking more towards Tsuzuki's preference to shaft males, but CinGaul bishism would be a valid double etendre.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Wanderer View Post
Innuendo has been made out of that phrase many times in the past, so it's not much of a leap for some folks.
Old 2012-10-03, 01:13   Link #2080
Sumeragi
Banned

It could be I had my fill of CinGaul, hence my not reacting.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, fantasy, sports