AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-08-14, 11:41   Link #81
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hat and Clogs View Post
Well this isn't exactly a surprise. Just IMMENSELY irritating. I'm quite happy with Steam, all my games in one nice neat little program.
lol

What about the console versions? You gotta have to be signed on XBL and PSN to play it?
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-14, 16:32   Link #82
Firefly00

Send a message via ICQ to Firefly00 Send a message via AIM to Firefly00 Send a message via Yahoo to Firefly00
And for those so inclined, renders of the MP character models have found their way into the wild...

Spoiler for Large imagery:

But I have to ask... what about some of the other NATO forces? The Operation Metro map, I understand, is set in Paris, so why not go the extra mile to give the French Army their day in the sun? Of course, these could be planned alternate models, much like BC2's SPECACT...
Firefly00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-14, 21:10   Link #83
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

They don't look like any of the models I've seen in the alpha so they might be map specific or as you say alternate/unlockable models.

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-14, 21:17   Link #84
Firefly00

Send a message via ICQ to Firefly00 Send a message via AIM to Firefly00 Send a message via Yahoo to Firefly00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
They don't look like any of the models I've seen in the alpha so they might be map specific or as you say alternate/unlockable models.
Wait, wha...? Oh I see what happened there; what 'these' refers to is quite ambiguous as written and in your case was taken to refer to the provided imagery rather than battledress for other NATO forces...
Old 2011-08-14, 21:47   Link #85
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

Yeah sorry I was referring to those pictured in spoiler tab of your post .

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-16, 10:03   Link #86
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Watching the EA Gamescom live stream now...

CAMPAIGN COOP OMFG

edit: That Caspian Border multiplayer gameplay trailer... it's like liquid EPIC sex injected into your eyes straight to your brain

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-16, 10:21   Link #87
konart

enough.
Old 2011-08-16, 10:22   Link #88
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

I wonder how much FPS my 6870 will handle...
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-16, 10:35   Link #89
konart

coop demo:

Old 2011-08-16, 11:05   Link #90
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

that trailer had sooo much static.
Old 2011-08-16, 11:05   Link #91
Skane
Anime Snark

My computer is going to need an upgrade...

Woah.
Old 2011-08-16, 12:24   Link #92
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

MP Fact Sheet

Spoiler:
Old 2011-08-16, 12:54   Link #93
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

*peruses fact sheets*

A-10 THUNDERBOLT
A-10 THUNDERBOLT
A-10 THUNDERBOLT
A-10 THUNDERBOLT

DO WANT PLEASE

brb changing pants

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2011-08-16, 13:00   Link #94
Firefly00

Quote:
Originally Posted by konart View Post
coop demo...
Good material; nice teamwork on display (remember kids, there's no 'I' in team... unless you're speaking French).
Anyone interested in the full monty can find it here. Not clear whether this is actual campaign mission or a special scenario; either way it's nice to see BF growing a co-op component beyond Onslaught (as fun as that can be). Would have been interesting to see if you can get to the VIP room without raising the alarm...

Oh, and finally they get shotgun fine-aim right (first example around 1:37). To this day I wonder how/why the oddity in BC2 (also seen with all weapons in Black, and most recently Bodycount) got past QA...
Old 2011-08-16, 13:01   Link #95
Asuras
Dictadere~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
*peruses fact sheets*

A-10 THUNDERBOLT
A-10 THUNDERBOLT
A-10 THUNDERBOLT
A-10 THUNDERBOLT

DO WANT PLEASE

brb changing pants
Your pants? I'm cleaning the fucking room.
Old 2011-08-16, 13:20   Link #96
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

A few supposedly ingame screenshots

HQ versions below:

Pic1
Pic2
Pic 3

Old 2011-08-22, 20:34   Link #97
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Quote:
There has been tons of Battlefield 3 info floating around the internet this past week. Recently, DICE developers have been much more generous with specifics on weapons and other details about the game. In particular, Alan Kertz, known as Demize99 on Twitter, has revealed some interesting tidbits of info and MP1st has it all here:

When asked about the AK47 and the two M16′s, Kertz stated, "the M16A3 and M16A4 are both in the game, [this] was decided after the fact sheet was printed." What could be the in-game difference between the two is still unknown. Perhaps they are meant for different classes? In regard to the AK47, Kertz said the "AK47 is obsolete. We have the AK74M."

Kertz also talked about weapon customization. Weapon optics were a point of interest for many fans. When asked about the recently announced enhanced night vision, Kertz stated, "the ENV is a weapon optic. It only turns on when you zoom in. There is no always on ENV. It cannot be disabled in zoom either." In regards to side arms, Kertz said there will be "no pistol customization, but a wide variety will be available." Kertz was also asked if all weapons could have suppressors attached to them. He answered, "not shotguns, pretty much everything else. Some are more effective than others." He also mentioned the flashlight attachment. "Shadows play a big role, and flashlights make a big difference."

Kertz also elaborated on bullet drop saying, "gravity is the same but velocity is different giving [bullets] different drops and travel time at the same ranges." He added, "the distances are larger so the drop has been tweaked accordingly."

Another interesting feature that was shown in the latest tailer was the scope glint on the weapon optics. Kertz informed us "glint is based on the scope. Out a high zoom scope on a AR will give glint too." When asked about whether glint would be noticeable only if the enemy is aiming at the player or not, Kertz confirmed, "yes it's directional."

A hot topic about weapons that was noticeable in the leaked alpha footage was regarding the recoil. Daniel "zh1n0″ Matros replied to the question of whether or not there is more weapon recoil by stating "yes, depends on what guns you pick."

One very interesting, and potentially controversial statement that Kertz made was, "there are no 1 hit body kills with sniper rifles. Pull your side arm or use a semi auto for fast follow up hits." Do you Battlefield fans agree with this? Is it unrealistic, or does it better serve the gamepley?

Don't forget to check our article on 3D spotting and the changes that DICE have made to it. Also, keep an eye on our Battlefield 3 section for the latest coverage.
link
Old 2011-09-09, 11:24   Link #98
konart

Old 2011-09-09, 12:00   Link #99
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
Looks outstanding!

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-09, 15:02   Link #100
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

DICE cannot afford to fuck up the campaign.