Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-06-20, 05:53   Link #201
Kakkou
Tch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OPN View Post
More like a visual novel/basketball game/training simulation game. What i find most interesting is that
Spoiler for Kurokos manga:
The game is confirmed to have original story developments and has nothing to do with the anime. Plus Akashi could always be in the game but purely for fanservice story reasons and never actually take part in the matches.
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-20, 06:06   Link #202
OPN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakkou View Post
The game is confirmed to have original story developments and has nothing to do with the anime. Plus Akashi could always be in the game but purely for fanservice story reasons and never actually take part in the matches.
Ah i hadn't heard about it having a original story but that does explain some things. In the preview for the game it made it look like he was going to be a player in the game since the box where they showed the other GOM was all fuzzed up for him and since he had one at all makes me think hes a playable character and they were just hiding the way he plays until the game comes out (aka he could be a secret boss in the game) but what you said could also be done .
OPN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-22, 08:21   Link #203
Katapan
俺様祭り

The main character designs for Touou are now up on the official website:
Spoiler:

/tries to contain the excitem--- AOMINEEEEEE
Old 2012-06-23, 14:31   Link #204
ookamigirl

Things are not going well for Seirin.
Mood in the locker room was pretty gloomy.
In the second quarter they changed their tactics a bit, but still..
Those Shutoku guys really know their game.
Kagami gave them a bit of hope, but he can't play just by himself.
Second game of the day came to took it's toll.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-23, 14:53   Link #205
OPN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katapan View Post
Spoiler:

Aomines cool.....but its all about satsuki .
OPN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-23, 16:20   Link #206
Katapan
俺様祭り

Quote:
Originally Posted by OPN View Post
Aomines cool.....but its all about satsuki .
You mean there are girls in KuroBas? /o/

Well, the art crumbled pretty badly in the second half of ep12, and it didn't even contain quite as much movement as what the series has given us in the past. The preview doesn't really look much better either... though it's not really the game I have the most expectations for so I don't mind them saving up for now, I suppose.

On the other hand, the latest batch of character song singles was pretty good - which isn't too surprising coming from Ono-D and Tattsun. Takao's definitely got my favorite song out of the bunch so far. It'll also never cease to amuse me how they have so much lined up (which is given considering how well the CDs are selling):
08/29 - Duet Series vol. 1 - Kuroko & Kagami / Duet Series vol. 2 - Kuroko & Kise
09/12 - Solo Series vol. 6 - Hyuuga / Solo Series vol. 7 - Izuki / Solo Series vol. 8 - Koganei
09/26 - Duet Series vol. 3 - Midorima & Takao
10/10 - Solo Series vol. 9 - Aomine
... keep raking in that money, Lantis.
Old 2012-06-24, 12:32   Link #207
OPN

Yeah animation wasn't nearly as good as in past episodes but still a good episode aside from that. Also preview for the new ending http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gU8kW...hannel&list=UL
Old 2012-06-24, 12:38   Link #208
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

I think I rather like Midorima. Despite being a "true" member of the Generation of Miracles (as opposed to Kise or Kuroko), he does his best to succeed (even if it's just superstition...)

I do wonder how useful Kuroko really was, though.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-26, 07:15   Link #209
RainbowMagnet

Quote:
You mean there are girls in KuroBas? /o/

Well, the art crumbled pretty badly in the second half of ep12, and it didn't even contain quite as much movement as what the series has given us in the past. The preview doesn't really look much better either... though it's not really the game I have the most expectations for so I don't mind them saving up for now, I suppose.

On the other hand, the latest batch of character song singles was pretty good - which isn't too surprising coming from Ono-D and Tattsun. Takao's definitely got my favorite song out of the bunch so far. It'll also never cease to amuse me how they have so much lined up (which is given considering how well the CDs are selling):
08/29 - Duet Series vol. 1 - Kuroko & Kagami / Duet Series vol. 2 - Kuroko & Kise
09/12 - Solo Series vol. 6 - Hyuuga / Solo Series vol. 7 - Izuki / Solo Series vol. 8 - Koganei
09/26 - Duet Series vol. 3 - Midorima & Takao
10/10 - Solo Series vol. 9 - Aomine
... keep raking in that money, Lantis.
The character songs are actually selling pretty well too. About on par with the ones from UtaPri, which was an anime focused on music. And for anyone who wants to know how much they sold :

Spoiler for sales:

Still finding it funny how some side character has better sales than the main characters lol. Guess the music plays a factor in it after all.
Quote:
Spoiler:

yess, another girl . Hope she's playing some kind of significant role.

And yeah... the art did look really bad in the second half. I'm hoping the second season (which is inevitable) has better animation, considering this series is selling pretty well.
RainbowMagnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-26, 08:28   Link #210
Kakkou
Tch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainbowMagnet View Post
The character songs are actually selling pretty well too. About on par with the ones from UtaPri, which was an anime focused on music. And for anyone who wants to know how much they sold :

Spoiler for sales:

Still finding it funny how some side character has better sales than the main characters lol. Guess the music plays a factor in it after all.
I'm not surprised. Midorima is voiced by Ono Daisuke, who is a very (and I mean very) popular male voice actor and singer. Not too sure how well his music career fares but these numbers should be a good indication. Takao is voiced by Tatsuhisa Suzuki, a.k.a Ta_2, vocalist of OLDCODEX, the band that's singing the second ED for the show. I'd imagine if they ever gave Akashi (CV: Hiroshi Kamiya) a character single it'd fly off shelves as much as Midorima's did, maybe even more. Hell, all the cast of the Generation of Miracles minus Kurokocchi have musical careers. Milking was inevitable.

On the other hand, Kagami's CD selling no where near the others isn't too surprising, imo. He doesn't seem to be as popular as the GoM, amd imo certainly not as interesting as them. I can safely say I would have been much less likely to have given the series a chance had Kagami been the only main character and most focused on of the cast. Yuki Ono still being relatively new to the scene also means a far smaller existing fanbase too.

Last edited by Kakkou; 2012-06-26 at 08:42.
Old 2012-06-26, 08:51   Link #211
RainbowMagnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakkou View Post
I'm not surprised. Midorima is voiced by Ono Daisuke, who is a very (and I mean very) popular male voice actor and singer. Not too sure how well his music career fares but these numbers should be a good indication. Takao is voiced by Tatsuhisa Suzuki, a.k.a Ta_2, vocalist of OLDCODEX, the band that's singing the second ED for the show. I'd imagine if they ever gave Akashi (CV: Hiroshi Kamiya) a character single it'd fly off shelves as much as Midorima's did, maybe even more. Hell, all the cast of the Generation of Miracles minus Kurokocchi have musical careers. Milking was inevitable.

On the other hand, Kagami's CD selling no where near the others isn't too surprising, imo. He doesn't seem to be as popular as the GoM, amd imo certainly not as interesting as them. I can safely say I would have been much less likely to have given the series a chance had Kagami been the only main character and most focused on of the cast. Yuki Ono still being relatively new to the scene also means a far smaller existing fanbase too.
*facepalm*, this makes a lot more sense.
Old 2012-06-26, 09:22   Link #212
Katapan
俺様祭り

Quote:
And for anyone who wants to know how much they sold :

Spoiler for sales:

The first three singles are still charting, by the way, even selling 1k+ for their fifth week in the Oricon charts (except for poor Kagamicchi). Current totals:
- Solo Series vol. 1 (Kuroko) - 12,308
- Solo Series vol. 2 (Kagami) - 8,077
- Solo Series vol. 3 (Kise) - 12,595

Honestly, I'd guess that the three big factors (character popularity, seiyuu and music) all play a role in the sales. I do like Kagami and Ono Yuuki myself but I find his single to be the worst of the bunch musically. I don't like Kise's that much either, but Kimura Ryouhei and his huge popularity are definitely enough to make up for it in sales. I find myself constantly looping songs from the Kurokocchi, Midorima and Takao singles, though. /o/

And the single covers are just great, really. I'm definitely looking forward to the Duet Series ones - because clearly, we didn't already have enough shippable illustrations from the DVD/BD covers, endcards and magazine illustrations.
Old 2012-06-28, 07:10   Link #213
Katapan
俺様祭り

Double posting for news related to a certain upcoming character that were released in this week's Jump...

Spoiler for Anime design, seiyuu, character song:
Old 2012-06-28, 07:25   Link #214
Kakkou
Tch.

I've always imagined/thought his hair to be lighter than that, or have I just been looking at too much fanart?
Old 2012-06-28, 08:00   Link #215
OPN

Kiyoshi looks great i was expecting his hair to be white but it looks much better this way. Although
Spoiler for Kuroko manga:
Oh and #2 looks cute .
Old 2012-06-30, 14:54   Link #216
ookamigirl

Kagami became unhinged for a while, but good thing Kuroko snapped him out of it.
Seirin vs Shutoku game seems like it going on indefinitely..
At least Seirin's new strategy was working.
Guess their team is nothing without Kuroko as player & as adviser.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-30, 16:20   Link #217
RainbowMagnet

Dammit, was looking forward to the 2nd opening/ending

Btw, the girl with pink hair is the coach from the generation of miracles right?
Old 2012-06-30, 16:31   Link #218
Kazu-kun

Quote:
the girl with pink hair is the coach from the generation of miracles right?
Not the coach, just a manager.
Old 2012-06-30, 18:51   Link #219
Excorsism

Oh god yes, Momoi finally makes her appearance. I knew her hair was pink but I always end up thinking she was a blonde.
Old 2012-06-30, 21:55   Link #220
zeth006

Quote:
Originally Posted by ookamigirl View Post
Kagami became unhinged for a while, but good thing Kuroko snapped him out of it.
Seirin vs Shutoku game seems like it going on indefinitely..
At least Seirin's new strategy was working.
Guess their team is nothing without Kuroko as player & as adviser.
Well, he IS the main character. Unlike Sakuragi in Slam Dunk, the main character's main strength is his brain.

That pink-haired manager is quite the ditz!
zeth006 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, shounen