AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Danganronpa

Notices

View Poll Results: Danganronpa 3: Hope Episode Rating
Perfect 10 8 40.00%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 3 15.00%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 2 10.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 1 5.00%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 15.00%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 15.00%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2016-09-30, 16:27   Link #61
Homura7

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
I think Alpha Knight is referring to two different versions of the same scene.
One where Asahina had a slightly messy(Monca vision) hairstyle than in the other (original);

Imho a mistake of the animators.
Not that one. But I'm going to post it anyway, for the sake of redundance.

Spoiler for spoiler:

Almost like looking at two completely different people.
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-30, 17:10   Link #62
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

The anime is already over though. If that was going to be relevant... It would have been relevant already.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-30, 18:41   Link #63
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
I didn't find it necessary for Class 77 to take the blame for FF killing.

Could've said Tegan became Remnant of Despair and that's that.
Their Batman moment tho... but aside from being an excuse to wake all of 77 up it did make sense; there's a fair amount of anti-FF sentiment out there according to canon (and Kanon) and the propaganda in UDG already claimed the FF was led by despair.

It was a nice touch that when the sky changed color it turned purple.
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-30, 19:17   Link #64
FractalFusion

This episode was a somewhat fun one, and not in itself bad.

Unfortunately, to me this episode conveniently exposes all the problems with this anime. This anime just seemed more interested in pandering to everything rather than having a coherent and ultimately meaningful plot. It feels like the entire Future Arc amounted to nothing with the reveals at the end and it's not like the anime really seems to care about any of the new characters anyway (except maybe Ryota). There is very little if any attachment to the Despair Arc either; things just seem to happen and that's about it.

Judging from a lot of comments, I think that if instead of this anime they had made one season of anime entirely about Class 77 doing Class 77 things (maybe adding DR1 characters) with all pandering and no plot, like in the first two episodes of Despair Arc but the whole way through, it would have been better received.
FractalFusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-01, 02:55   Link #65
Calca
Expressionless

Happy ending. Glad stuff was resolved, but I'll still always have that bitter taste that Chiaki died with regrets and in despair herself which is something will never be remedied for her.
Calca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-01, 06:24   Link #66
Homura7

Chiaki stated at the end: 'I'm glad to have met everyone again'.

So no regrets.
Old 2016-10-01, 06:38   Link #67
Calca
Expressionless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha Knight View Post
Chiaki stated at the end: 'I'm glad to have met everyone again'.

So no regrets.
That was the AI version of Chiaki. She said "I may not be precisely the same person." which refers to the real Chiaki, along with describing how the AI was meant to be someone they longed for when she said "that was me" thus that spirit was the spirit of the AI.

I'm glad some semblance of her was around, but the fact remains the Chiaki that died running that maze and crying at the end still died with regrets and those tears and unfilled desires (such as wanting to play games, wanting to be classmates with everyone still) were never alleviated for the real life Chiaki. It's a happy ending but the only one here who doesn't get to taste any happiness going forward is the Chiaki we saw suffer which is what makes it a hard pill to swallow for me. She spent months simply waiting for Hajime, then was forced through that torture, and died in front of the person she cared about forgetting her all while crying at wishing she could live.

Truthfully, if she was instantly killed it wouldn't have bothered me so much but those last few moments are what got to me and what will still to me.

Last edited by Calca; 2016-10-01 at 06:48.
Calca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-01, 18:40   Link #68
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

What can I say?

Never lost my hope.

Did Komaeda just got a boner for Naegi?
Kuroageha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-06, 01:15   Link #69
AP24

I think the best part was the imposter being Munakata. I hate it when protagonists from different main stories only have short encounter with each other.
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-09, 09:00   Link #70
pervypig

Well... I caught on this episode only 1 wk after it has alrdy aired.

To say the truth, I would definitely prefer the 77th class left as the state they are supposed to be at DR2. Maybe not all dead, perhaps, but not unscathed like this.

Also, I've been shipping naegi with asahina since DR1 (what with wife-sharing and all). Kirigiri resurrecting was totally... not unexpected, but relly poorly executed... u got psycho nurse suddenly working the magic cure rite at the end. WTH.
pervypig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-09, 10:13   Link #71
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

While I agree that it's BS, it's not the nurse who did it. She took that medicine herself... Which she obtained... somehow... Which she never mentioned... for some reason... And was never used to save anyone else... for some reason....
Old 2016-10-10, 05:03   Link #72
charles883

This only affect for poison only not multiple stab
charles883 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-10, 06:32   Link #73
Homura7

It's funny that people doubted her survival even for a second, specially when the version of the "Corpse discovery" that played in the background was the same version that was used for Asahina's fake-out death.
Old 2016-10-10, 06:50   Link #74
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

That's only because some of us do not like ass pulls. We've been over this. Many times. Do you want to go through those whole motions again? We're not agreeing with you no matter how often you keep saying the same things.
Old 2016-10-10, 06:55   Link #75
Homura7

Not really, feel free to think whatever suits you. I do not pretend to start a discussion over something that has been settled.
Old 2016-10-10, 12:49   Link #76
charles883

By the way wonder why few people says DR3:hope ruin DR2 ending?
charles883 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-10, 13:33   Link #77
Homura7

Because the other Remnants of Despair recovered from the coma. Even though Hajime made it quite clear at the end of DR2 he would focus all his strength in finding a way to wake them up, and considering he has got many talents, it was eventually bound to happen. A few people seemed to have missed that point.
Old 2016-10-10, 16:55   Link #78
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Why do you insist on being such a jerk to people and filling in their thoughts to them?

Even when they actually explain their thought processes, you still go by the, "Oh they were so dumb/blind/retarded that they missed that part".

I already explained how this works, I'm not repeating myself. Just scroll back to earlier in the thread. Or one of the previous threads.
Old 2016-10-10, 17:26   Link #79
Homura7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
Why do you insist on being such a jerk to people and filling in their thoughts to them?

Even when they actually explain their thought processes, you still go by the, "Oh they were so dumb/blind/retarded that they missed that part".
Would you please stop putting words in my mouth I didn't actually say?

I understood they thought processes and I respect their opinions, even if I don't agree with them. Nothing wrong with that. I'm merely stating the facts that were told in the VN and were subsequently conveyed to DR3. The guy above asked a question and I'm just providing an answer.
Old 2016-10-10, 17:28   Link #80
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

You said we missed that part. We didn't. We merely expressed we found it highly unlikely because we (mistakenly) trusted the writer not to fuck up.