AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-05-07, 10:36   Link #1981
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Not everyone will accept the situation like that. There will be problems because of this incident.
Seconded, I'm expecting lots of drama to come up because of this, possibly leading to the end or a reboot of PCP. Either way it will be good for the plot, should give it a push forward.
Old 2011-05-07, 10:55   Link #1982
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
PCP's not getting an anime so the plot is stuck and to me it was starting to show,that last chapter felt to me like some kind of naruto anime filler episode.

So you need the manga to get canceled but it'd be hard to see why PCP would sundenly start droping in the ratings,so they needed another reason and this is it.
but Death Note didn't get cancelled, so I wonder now whether the authors will go for an outcome that will follow their own experience.
Old 2011-05-14, 21:57   Link #1983
Dakkar
N/A

Hm, I wonder if they're planning to use Niizuma again to push the duo onto a new project...
Old 2011-05-15, 04:17   Link #1984
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Oh My God. Kaya-chan looked GORGEOUS in this chapter! =O
Old 2011-05-15, 07:11   Link #1985
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Oh, they brought back that plot point at last. As expected, PCP didn't get cancel by Jump, but it might get canceled by Niizuma now... Didn't he love PCP though? It's a bit harsh to think about canceling this manga just because the quality dropped a bit those past weeks. Maybe it's a red herring and he intends to cancel a completely different manga.
Old 2011-05-15, 08:56   Link #1986
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Apparetnly the reason is because Takagi has gotten rather tame in the name department as a result. (not taking any risks, etc).
Old 2011-05-15, 09:12   Link #1987
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Maybe Niizuma will cancel PCP because it's holding them back thanks to the current situation?
Old 2011-05-15, 11:40   Link #1988
kayote
Looking for ONE PIECE

i doubt that Niizuma will cancel PCP. nor will the chief let him cancel a series.

at the start the chief agreed only cause he knew that Niizuma would find out how hard it was to be a manga-ka.

as for Akito, he will soon get over it by himself or by all the other manga-ka's supporting him.
Old 2011-05-15, 13:42   Link #1989
Xagzan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsuyoshi View Post
Oh My God. Kaya-chan looked GORGEOUS in this chapter! =O
Oh yeah, and that's the second time those two have talked about potential kids isn't it? Really weird to think of her as a mom, since we've been with them this whole time.
Old 2011-05-15, 15:43   Link #1990
Somnus
Eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xagzan View Post
Oh yeah, and that's the second time those two have talked about potential kids isn't it? Really weird to think of her as a mom, since we've been with them this whole time.
To me, this is one of the things that makes Bakuman so great. Within 131 chapters, how much time has passed? We've literally been able to watch all these characters grow and change. As cliche as it would be, I wouldn't mind watching an epilogue where their kids are in middle school with the same dreams.
Old 2011-05-15, 16:46   Link #1991
Khalil

I think the year is 2016 now in the manga.
Old 2011-05-15, 16:58   Link #1992
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Oh, they brought back that plot point at last. As expected, PCP didn't get cancel by Jump, but it might get canceled by Niizuma now... Didn't he love PCP though? It's a bit harsh to think about canceling this manga just because the quality dropped a bit those past weeks. Maybe it's a red herring and he intends to cancel a completely different manga.
That or his editor's just overthinking things
Old 2011-05-15, 17:28   Link #1993
Excelion

While this might take awhile, the 'endgame' as I'd like to call it could be in sight. Finally seeing the Cancel One Series card, and this might lead to the next series that gets them the anime, after they overtake the #1 spot from Eiji. Dunno if they mean One Piece is top since Oda was mentioned, but who knows. I think they've avoided making a fictional manga #1 so they can retain some element of realism because everyone knows OP is king. Anyway, we definitely needed some real conflict involving Ashirogi Muto, preferably with Eiji involved, and we got it. Looking forward to this. Does seem like an appropriate time for Eiji to play this card on PCP, but it'd almost be too obvious.

Yeah, he's probably overthinking things
Old 2011-05-15, 18:50   Link #1994
Dakkar
N/A

Niizuma asked about the difference in votes between the first and the second places while reading the latest chapter of PCP, which is a pretty good hint at what series he's targeting. The reason might be that pretty much both his rankings and Muto's rankings have become kind of stale, but with him taking the second place and PCP sitting at 4th, there's no way to shake the things in a regular way. The duo noted themselves that as of late, they were pretty satisfied with their current success and set their goal of overcoming Niizuma and getting the first place & the anime aside, which is something you can be sure Niizuma took notice of. And the recent drop in quality just indicates that if left unattended, the things aren't going to get any better.
All in all, Niizuma has both the motivation and the means to cancel PCP, but whether he's able to do so or not is a different matter. After all, from the very beginning all the editors were pointing out that while Niizuma is sure to be popular, he doesn't have the capability to become number one...
Old 2011-05-21, 18:14   Link #1995
Somnus
Eh?

Kaya looks better and better every chapter she's in. In the last few pages of 132...MmMmmmMMMMMmmm.
Old 2011-05-23, 21:27   Link #1996
SuzushinaYuriko
SHSL Lurker

Nothing much really happened in 132. It was basically just Takagi panicking. I hope this doesn't mean the authors themselves are running out of ideas...
Old 2011-05-23, 21:49   Link #1997
Xagzan

I think it could be reflective of how they reacted to the murder incident with the Death Note copycat? Or did that happen after they'd finished the series?
Old 2011-05-26, 13:33   Link #1998
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Chapter is early this week,

Spoiler:

Anyone else thinks Kaya looks more mature? not so much older but mature.
Old 2011-05-26, 15:34   Link #1999
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Loved this chapter, especially because of the fact that it didn't end in a cliffhanger, and we got the result on the last page.
Old 2011-05-26, 16:30   Link #2000
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Shuujin isn't the only one back on top form, Ooba is too. Bakuman's quality has increased a lot these past couple weeks. This arc's really interesting.

Tags
manga, shounen