Spoiler:
Old 2004-05-02, 23:52   Link #202
Rosa_Gigantea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secca
Episode 3
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
so is the blond chic really their mother? O_O (i thought she was a gold digging step-mother)
Old 2004-05-03, 00:03   Link #203
Secca
nya`
*Artist

Lol, I'm having hard time accepting she's their mother too. Their personality totally the opposite, except for Conrad, I think he got that flirt habit from her. ^^
Old 2004-05-03, 00:24   Link #204
Budweineken
Crap

I don't think she is really their mother... i think it was revealed in episode 2 that the reason they called her mother was because of her being their previous ruler... and i think that it was also revealed that they are all not real siblings... i'll have to rewatch and check to make sure
Old 2004-05-03, 00:44   Link #205
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

I just had the strangest thought about Wolf... I think I know the answer and the way I got there is actually interesting. I notice that the beliefs about Wolf being a girl are split soundly into two camps. People who know anime best are insisting that Wolf is a boy because they have seen plenty of his type. The other camp is generally less well experienced with anime and associates his mannerisms with feminity. With that said, here is my answer.

I think it's a colossal bait and switch! Since everyone who knows his type, knows that Wolf has to be a girl, they are going to make Wolf a boy. That would actually be a clever surprise to make Wolf a girl in disguise instead of the pretty boy that everyone expects. They are dropping just a few clues such as Wolf's refusal to strip to the waist to play fair.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2004-05-03, 01:07   Link #206
Za Paper

Remember Dilandau from Escaflowne? How many people saw that coming?!?!
Old 2004-05-03, 01:11   Link #207
sainfate

I totally agree with you... there are too many things that leave questions... like as you said the fact that he didn't strip and his eyes (long lashes) and the comment his mum made "So thats how boys should act?" in ep 2... I also think he is in disguise and the all know that apart from Yuri.......hehehe .... hmm or maybe I am getting ready for a let down if it turns out to be a boy.. oh well

I hope there are going to be more than 10 episodes to see what embarassing situations they will get up to...^______________^
Old 2004-05-03, 01:19   Link #208
Budweineken
Crap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Za Paper
I couldnt have thought of a better example.... he/she was ambigous to what/whom he/she was till the very end... one of those captivating moment in that anime... very inginous turn of the events
Old 2004-05-03, 02:48   Link #209
musouka

::sigh:: There is no proof that he's a girl. On all the Japanese sites I've been to, novel or otherwise, they have ALL referred to him as a boy. Unless this is such a well kept secret that not even fans of the novel that have read the entire series thus far have been able to figure it out--since every single fanpage I've been to also refers to him as "male"--I think you're going to have to admit that he's just a pretty boy. One of the summaries for the book even noted Wolfram's gender like this: ♂

I really don't know why this is so hard for people to swallow. He's not a girl disguising "herself" as a boy. There is no point for him to do so. What purpose would it serve in the plot? It's not like he would get anything out of pretending he was a boy.
ずっと変りはしない
Old 2004-05-03, 03:03   Link #210
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

I guess that settles that for once and for all.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2004-05-03, 03:10   Link #211
Budweineken
Crap

Yep, it does settle it... but ruined our fun!!

I just hope they bring more serious scenes in the future... the light-hearted scenes are cool and all, but I dont like it when it totally dominates the anime... i need a dosage of seriousness from time to time... like if his life is threatened i want the mood to get serious...
Old 2004-05-03, 03:21   Link #212
FeiFongWong

I didn't want to know that... actually I'm kind of glad I know... hehe... It's for the best... don't wanna have to go kick my own ass for... uhh...

Anyways, I didn't wanna download this anime at first from the post about it being a guy/guy show. But I got bored and downloaded it... LOL I don't really care about the guy/guy deal anymore, this is just one funny anime.
Old 2004-05-03, 08:16   Link #213
Tofusensei

Send a message via AIM to Tofusensei
Quote:
Originally Posted by Za Paper
Yeah but he WAS a boy, just converted

-Tofu
Old 2004-05-03, 09:06   Link #214
Secca
nya`
*Artist

OMG lol you guys really wanted him to become a girl. ^^

I tought Yuuri and Conrad pairing really funny too
Spoiler for episode 3:
Old 2004-05-03, 09:22   Link #215
mirichan

Quote:
Spoiler for episode 3:
I loved that line... I think I watched it 3 times and laughed every time...

I also love the end theme and chibi!Gunther running after chibi!Yuuri with hearts above his head

I think the seiyuu cast is having fun too... I know I am!
Old 2004-05-03, 09:26   Link #216
Secca
nya`
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirichan
I loved that line... I think I watched it 3 times and laughed every time...

I also love the end theme and chibi!Gunther running after chibi!Yuuri with hearts above his head

I think the seiyuu cast is having fun too... I know I am!
Rofl Gunther is the same voice actor as Kakashi? ^^

Spoiler for episode 3:

Last edited by Secca; 2004-05-03 at 09:54.
Old 2004-05-03, 10:11   Link #217
Rosa_Gigantea

Quote:
Originally Posted by musouka
::sigh:: There is no proof that he's a girl. On all the Japanese sites I've been to, novel or otherwise, they have ALL referred to him as a boy. Unless this is such a well kept secret that not even fans of the novel that have read the entire series thus far have been able to figure it out--since every single fanpage I've been to also refers to him as "male"--I think you're going to have to admit that he's just a pretty boy. One of the summaries for the book even noted Wolfram's gender like this: ♂

I really don't know why this is so hard for people to swallow. He's not a girl disguising "herself" as a boy. There is no point for him to do so. What purpose would it serve in the plot? It's not like he would get anything out of pretending he was a boy.
this reminds me of poor nichol from gundam seed. There were fans that were adamant that he was a girl lol

It's kinda like when yaoi fangirls insisist a character is gay because he stands next to another bishounen ^__^;;
guys come on admit he's a boy or you are being stupid like those girls.
Old 2004-05-03, 10:21   Link #218
mirichan

Quote:
Rofl Gunther is the same voice actor as Kakashi? ^^
No clue who is Kakashi... (I know... Naruto... don't watch Naruto)...

But he sure has a long list of roles at his credit:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...ple.php?id=722
Old 2004-05-03, 10:28   Link #219
Secca
nya`
*Artist

Omg lol I didn't know that he plays that many roles, he plays on anime I never even heard of.

Man, he's on Banner of Stars too, I love that anime. ^^
Old 2004-05-03, 12:05   Link #220
sainfate

I am sure that if the people that created the anime were to read this thread they would be laughing their heads off!!!
Closed Thread